Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

DiehardDave37

Bleacher Report's Report Card for AZ.

Post by DiehardDave37 »

Record: 6-1

Two Best Wins: vs. Boise State (x2)

Loss: vs. Providence

Grade: F+

We decided in advance to not give any outright failing grades, but Arizona almost led to a change of heart.

Boston College transfer Ryan Anderson has been sensational for the Wildcats, averaging a double-double. However, he's about the only thing going right for this team. Arizona lost stud freshman Ray Smith to a torn ACL before the season began, and its only returning starter from last season (Kaleb Tarczewski) has missed the past two games and will be out for the next four to six weeks with multiple foot injuries.

As a result of those missing pieces, Arizona's offense has been quite anemic, failing to even reach one point per possession in any of its past four games.

Gabe York started hot, but he has made just three of his last 18 three-point attempts. And without him, the Wildcats have no perimeter game whatsoever. The rest of the team is a combined 18-of-77 (23.4 percent) from downtown on the season. Through seven games, York is the only player on the roster with more than five made triples.

Here is a really telling statistic for how this team has been playing: Arizona ranks second in the nation in offensive steal percentage, allowing a steal on just 4.7 percent of possessions, but is 245th in offensive turnover percentage, committing a turnover on 20.1 percent of possessions. It's great that the Wildcats have only committed 23 live-ball turnovers, but they have committed 75 other turnovers due to some combination of traveling, offensive fouls, shot-clock violations, straight up throwing the ball out of bounds, etc.

Saturday's game at Gonzaga might be exactly what they need to get on the right track, but it also might be an absolute disaster that leads to a few articles questioning whether Arizona will even make the tournament this year.
97cats

Re: Bleacher Report's Report Card for AZ.

Post by 97cats »

boy that is a stupid take
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

That's a little overblown. Just a little.

The dumb to's is a legit issue, but that's the cause of our low PPP, and they double cite that.
Jefe

Post by Jefe »

interesting stats
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

An "F" is a little harsh, but this take is actually pretty on the money.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

97cats wrote:boy that is a stupid take
I'm now dumber for having read it.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Beachcat97 wrote:An "F" is a little harsh, but this take is actually pretty on the money.
It's really not. We are not anemic offensively.

https://www.teamrankings.com/ncaa-baske ... efficiency" target="_blank

118th is not great, but not anemic. Saying that we commit stupid to's is legit. Saying we have not shot threes well, that's a no brainer, but those really are our two basic issues.

It doesn't touch on D. I don't know how you offer a ranking minus D period. Zeus's loss is a bigger blow on D than O, yet that article says the opposite.

Also, we may not make the tourney? We're 7 games in, 6-1 and in the top 20. Sheeze.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

I like to be fair but that was a pretty damn stupid read.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

118th out of 351 teams isn't too shabby for UA's basketball offense.

Now UA's football defense at 118th out of 127 is well, I'll just leave it at that.
az91

Post by az91 »

I think a C- is a more accurate grade.
AZCatGirl

Post by AZCatGirl »

If we're an F+ what's Kentucky? :P
“The reality is that the hardest games to win are over teams on their home court. Teams that don’t play those games can spin it however they want, but what they’re saying is, ‘We don’t want to lose in our non conference season.’" - Sean Miller
TucsonClip

Post by TucsonClip »

I'll have to have a word with that guy...
"Plus, why would I go to the NBA? Duke players suck in the pros."

-Shane Battier
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

F plus u,c,k,y,o,u
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

What's worse, this guy, or the guy who has a hard on for TJ McConnell? Or is it the same dude? F+. Sounds about right...
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

DiehardDave37 wrote:Record: 6-1

Two Best Wins: vs. Boise State (x2)

Loss: vs. Providence

Grade: F+

We decided in advance to not give any outright failing grades, but Arizona almost led to a change of heart.
Saturday's game at Gonzaga might be exactly what they need to get on the right track, but it also might be an absolute disaster that leads to a few articles questioning whether Arizona will even make the tournament this year.
Maybe we're a D minus now.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Assclown writer made to look assclownish.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

Olsondogg wrote:F plus u,c,k,y,o,u
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
It's long past time to bring this back to the court, let's do it with a small update:

azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Olsondogg wrote:F plus u,c,k,y,o,u
Nice ODogg. Wonder if they want some mustard on that dick they can eat
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
EVCat

Post by EVCat »

That last line is such cover-all-the-bases internet hack "insider" writing bullshit...

"Saturday's game at Gonzaga might be exactly what they need to get on the right track..."

So now, when every other word of his write-up but these 16 was saying this team is a complete failure, when questioned, he can fall back on some crap statement like "I knew they were capable...that's why I said Gonzaga might be exactly what they need. It was. I am a genius."

"This is the deal, unless it isn't and is this, or that, but probably the first thing, unless it isn't, at which time I will say I never said it was definitely this...or that. I totally covered that possibility...but it was this, or that, and then this changed. Pay me, please."
catgrad97

Post by catgrad97 »

Amazing that this damn site got a joint operating agreement with CNN, isn't it?
dcZONAfan

Post by dcZONAfan »

EVCat wrote: "This is the deal, unless it isn't and is this, or that, but probably the first thing, unless it isn't, at which time I will say I never said it was definitely this...or that. I totally covered that possibility...but it was this, or that, and then this changed. Pay me, please."
Hahaha this is a hilarious and completely accurate paragraph and gave me a great laugh when I woke up. Thanks, EV