Pitts

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

threenumberones

Re: Pitts

Post by threenumberones »

Merkin wrote:and frickin' sharks.

http://nba.nbcsports.com/2013/07/19/gil ... on-market/" target="_blank
..and I would not be one bit surprised if those sharks had frickin laser beams.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Merkin wrote:^ That dude has the best Santa Claus beard ever.

Speaking of seeing the same people on TV and not knowing who they are, who is that chubby balding guy on the UA bench?

Maybe Pitts has been thinking about a mid-year transfer all along, and just told Miller about it.

Or maybe he just had the shits.
That was my first reaction, that getting security officers who look exactly like Santa Claus is really admirable in getting in the holiday spirit.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

I've seen that guy with the beard at games since I was a student a decade ago.
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

LOL I have always wondered who that Santa guy was. The father of one of my old little league teammates must do the same thing. He too has a beard, looks like Dennis Eckersley, and I always see him on TV around the bench.
az91

Post by az91 »

Any updates on the Pitts "personal issue" situation?
97cats

Post by 97cats »

knock it off!
gumby

Post by gumby »

Wiped away.
Right where I want to be.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

97cats wrote:knock it off!
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

az91 wrote:Any updates on the Pitts "personal issue" situation?
Gender reassignment surgery.

Wait, did you mean true updates?
DiehardDave37

Post by DiehardDave37 »

carolinacat wrote:
ChooChooCat wrote:Weber State for Hanour.
Thanks. My memory is slipping. Lute had some pretty ugly recruiting misses that we tend to forget about: Zahn & Hanour to name a few.
I remember Zahn and Hanour as last minute pick-ups to fill out the roster and have some decent players on the scout team. I don't consider them recruiting misses.They weren't the diamonds in the rough that Lute sometimes lucked out with, but they didn't keep a more worthy player from going to AZ. It almost came down to them or managers on the scout team.
EOCT

Post by EOCT »

DiehardDave37 wrote:
carolinacat wrote:
ChooChooCat wrote:Weber State for Hanour.
Thanks. My memory is slipping. Lute had some pretty ugly recruiting misses that we tend to forget about: Zahn & Hanour to name a few.
I remember Zahn and Hanour as last minute pick-ups to fill out the roster and have some decent players on the scout team. I don't consider them recruiting misses.They weren't the diamonds in the rough that Lute sometimes lucked out with, but they didn't keep a more worthy player from going to AZ. It almost came down to them or managers on the scout team.
Right as rain, DD. Neither kept a worthy player from being acquired.

Great to have you back Dave!
DiehardDave37

Re: Pitts Doubtful for Mizzou.

Post by DiehardDave37 »

Covers.com Match-ups:

Injuries
Missouri Tigers | In-Depth
Player Status/Updated
Wes Clark G Prob Sun - Head - 12/12/15 notes
Arizona Wildcats | In-Depth
Player Status/Updated
Kadeem Allen G Doub Sun - Knee - 12/13/15 notes
Elliott Pitts G Doub Sun - Undisclosed - 12/13/15 notes
Kaleb Tarczewski C Mid Jan - Ankle - 12/1/15 notes
Ray Smith F out for season - Knee - 10/27/15
dirtbags

Post by dirtbags »

hmm - i saw a photos on twitter earlier of EJP dressed and participating in the walkthrough, though i guess that's what he did on wednesday before the fresno state game
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

Hope he's good. We need ankles out there
dirtbags

Post by dirtbags »

pitts is out again. kadeem will play, though.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Methinks it's transfer time for Pitts
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
FreeSpiritCat

Post by FreeSpiritCat »

ASUHATER! wrote:Methinks it's transfer time for Pitts
I don't know. Why would he sit out now? I don't get it? Until the semester is over I don't believe it will make any difference in his eligibility. I never understood transfers sitting out until the right time.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Why would you keep a guy around who has quit the team? He had a nice role this year. Makes no sense. Something else must be up
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

az91

Post by az91 »

Yeah, you have to wonder if Pitts will ever play another game in an Arizona uniform.
KaibabKat

Post by KaibabKat »

Could have a sick Grandmother.
billk78

Post by billk78 »

Total guess/speculation here. But Sean Miller during his halftime interview mentioned how so far this year they have been missing too many wide open shots. He said that if guys don't knock down the open shots they will no longer be allowed to take them.

Now Pitts has struggled on offense. Has not shot well. Is it a possibility that he was continuing to shoot poorly and Miller told him not to take anymore shots and only focus on defense?

Again, just speculation. But a possibility maybe?
eoe

Post by eoe »

billk78 wrote:Total guess/speculation here. But Sean Miller during his halftime interview mentioned how so far this year they have been missing too many wide open shots. He said that if guys don't knock down the open shots they will no longer be allowed to take them.

Now Pitts has struggled on offense. Has not shot well. Is it a possibility that he was continuing to shoot poorly and Miller told him not to take anymore shots and only focus on defense?

:lol:
A guy isn't "making shots" so he stops dressing out and sits on the bench when he was getting 20+ min/game?

Miller is talking about Tollefson at the very least. Allen and PJC haven't been great from outside either

Re: Pitts, never in my life have I seen a supposed mid-season transfer continue to show up to practices and sit on the bench during games.
az91

Post by az91 »

eoe wrote: :lol:
A guy isn't "making shots" so he stops dressing out and sits on the bench when he was getting 20+ min/game?

Miller is talking about Tollefson at the very least. Allen and PJC haven't been great from outside either

Re: Pitts, never in my life have I seen a supposed mid-season transfer continue to show up to practices and sit on the bench during games.
It is strange, but after Miller said it was not due to disciplinary or academic issue, it is very difficult to come up with another reason why Pitts continues to sit.
pokinmik

Post by pokinmik »

KaibabKat wrote:Could have a sick Grandmother.
I think it's most likely something in this realm. He wouldn't be yucking it up on the bench havin a good ol' time if he's transferring. Probably just needs some time away mentally due to something with his family, nothing wrong with that.
azpatnca

Post by azpatnca »

Pitts wants to improve, so he's practicing and going to shoot around. But he's transferring, so he's sitting as it's not right to take someone else's spot on the floor of you're bailing on the team.

That's my theory. Sad to see him go.
az91

Post by az91 »

azpatnca wrote:Pitts wants to improve, so he's practicing and going to shoot around. But he's transferring, so he's sitting as it's not right to take someone else's spot on the floor of you're bailing on the team.

That's my theory. Sad to see him go.
I wonder if he stays until the end of the fall part of the season?
billk78

Post by billk78 »

eoe wrote:
billk78 wrote:Total guess/speculation here. But Sean Miller during his halftime interview mentioned how so far this year they have been missing too many wide open shots. He said that if guys don't knock down the open shots they will no longer be allowed to take them.

:lol:

I said I thought it was a possibility. What's 20+ minutes a game if your coach basically tells you not to shoot the ball the whole time. Guys want to score. Pitts was a scorer in HS. Again, Im speculating like anyone else, but it's not that far fetched. As someone else said, even if he was transferring he would likely still be warming up and practicing. Maybe he's trying to come to a decision.
dirtbags

Post by dirtbags »

looked too engaged, looked like he was having too much fun on the bench for someone who has checked out
84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

Weird
jsbowl16

Post by jsbowl16 »

Maybe he mentioned something to the coaching staff about thinking about transferring so they sat him for a few games to think it over.
baconus66

Post by baconus66 »

He just doesn't seem like a guy about to transfer, way too engaged with the game and his team mates, but what do I know.
BBQ wildcat

Post by BBQ wildcat »

Pure speculation here. But could it be that, when he gets in the game that he suffers from some sort of anxiety? Self-pressure resulting from his bad shooting.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

Constipation.
gumby

Post by gumby »

Almost positive Miller was referencing the first half on shooters. So Allen and PJC (ended up 1/10). Maybe Tollefsen. Seriously doubt Miller would call it personal if it's performance. Or that he would coyly snipe at a player.
gumby

Post by gumby »

Longhorned wrote:Constipation.
So one Pitts stop, and it's over.
az91

Post by az91 »

BBQ wildcat wrote:Pure speculation here. But could it be that, when he gets in the game that he suffers from some sort of anxiety? Self-pressure resulting from his bad shooting.
Interesting theory. Maybe he has seeing a sports psychologist to help him overcome his issues?
BBQ wildcat

Post by BBQ wildcat »

az91 wrote:
BBQ wildcat wrote:Pure speculation here. But could it be that, when he gets in the game that he suffers from some sort of anxiety? Self-pressure resulting from his bad shooting.
Interesting theory. Maybe he has seeing a sports psychologist to help him overcome his issues?
Dunno, just trying to figure out what could be the "personal issue", when he seems so engaged on the bench. Really doesn't seem like a transfer. And, if it were a serious health problem with a family member, why would he even be here, instead of with family, if he wasn't going to play anyway.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Whatever it is, it's not for us to know. So the speculation is futile and totally unfair to Elliott and anyone else this issue affects.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Harvey Specter

Post by Harvey Specter »

az91 wrote:
It seems like the most plausible explanation in this thread. If that is what it is, I hope the kid is able to battle through it.

I am not buying the transfer theory... Pretty sure Miller would tell him he is no longer on the roster. And if he was thinking about it - he'd say take 2 weeks off and either be "all-in" or leave.

Nothing else makes sense...
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Timing is what is making it odd, right at the semester break.

If he is thinking of staying or going, this may influence his decision.
HiCat

Post by HiCat »

Curious situation re Pitts. But hard to disagree with SH thoughts given Simon's performance yesterday. JS should get more time on the court. But I really hope EP stays and conts to play hard.
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

BBQ wildcat wrote:
Dunno, just trying to figure out what could be the "personal issue", when he seems so engaged on the bench. Really doesn't seem like a transfer. And, if it were a serious health problem with a family member, why would he even be here, instead of with family, if he wasn't going to play anyway.
Well, I was an wreck for about a week when I found out my father had cancer. I still showed up to work because I had bills to pay, but given the option I may have taken some time away too. Just an example of something that could tear you apart inside but an instance where you wouldn't fly back home to be with them during their last days. Still not buying the transfer thing either, I doubt Miller would be letting him practice/shoot around with the team while wearing Arizona gear if he was gone. It seemed to be in good spirits on the bench from what everyone else is saying, so I am still guessing it is something related to his mental health and the stress and grind of being in the game is too much for him right now with an already full plate. Who knows, maybe basketball itself is wearing on him mentally and he needed some time off to focus on his academics during finals.
KaibabKat

Post by KaibabKat »

Bagels?
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

HiCat wrote:Curious situation re Pitts. But hard to disagree with SH thoughts given Simon's performance yesterday. JS should get more time on the court. But I really hope EP stays and conts to play hard.
I love Simon's game, but I disagree to the extent that I'd rather have Simon out there as opposed to Pitts. If Pitts hasn't been a knockdown shooter, Simon isn't (yet). Simon is a high reward, high risk guy, Pitts is the opposite.

There's nothing wrong with a bit of both. Just imagine how hard it would be to find time on the perimeter if Smith was healthy.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:
HiCat wrote:Curious situation re Pitts. But hard to disagree with SH thoughts given Simon's performance yesterday. JS should get more time on the court. But I really hope EP stays and conts to play hard.
I love Simon's game, but I disagree to the extent that I'd rather have Simon out there as opposed to Pitts. If Pitts hasn't been a knockdown shooter, Simon isn't (yet). Simon is a high reward, high risk guy, Pitts is the opposite.

There's nothing wrong with a bit of both. Just imagine how hard it would be to find time on the perimeter if Smith was healthy.
Pitts is definitely the guy that won't lose the game for you, but then he won't win it either. But Cats have enough guys that can do that, York, Trier or Anderson can take the last shot.
az91

Post by az91 »

rgdeuce wrote:
BBQ wildcat wrote:
Well, I was an wreck for about a week when I found out my father had cancer. I still showed up to work because I had bills to pay, but given the option I may have taken some time away too. Just an example of something that could tear you apart inside but an instance where you wouldn't fly back home to be with them during their last days. Still not buying the transfer thing either, I doubt Miller would be letting him practice/shoot around with the team while wearing Arizona gear if he was gone. It seemed to be in good spirits on the bench from what everyone else is saying, so I am still guessing it is something related to his mental health and the stress and grind of being in the game is too much for him right now with an already full plate. Who knows, maybe basketball itself is wearing on him mentally and he needed some time off to focus on his academics during finals.
Pascoe offered this thought about Pitt's situation in an article today: "Miller’s stated limitation might suggest that it’s an issue covered by the Family Educational Rights to Privacy Act – which can restrict coaches from commenting about academics or health issues unless the student approves."
gumby

Post by gumby »

Could be Mackey Sasser/Steve Sax. Could be Lute Olson. Doubt we'll know anytime soon. Things are buttoned down tight after Miles Simon lawsuit.

Pitts' demeanor belies every theory. Or he could be good at compartmentalizing.
Last edited by gumby on Mon Dec 14, 2015 10:45 am, edited 2 times in total.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Merkin wrote:
Spaceman Spiff wrote:

Pitts is definitely the guy that won't lose the game for you, but then he won't win it either. But Cats have enough guys that can do that, York, Trier or Anderson can take the last shot.
I like the option. Simon will have good and bad days, and it would be nice to have Pitts on the bad days.