Re: lets talk '16

Post by EOCT »

luteformayor2 wrote:Everyone. Kneel and pray to your God for a 2016 committ
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

luteformayor2 wrote:Everyone. Kneel and pray to your God for a 2016 committ
Shammgod, if you're there, it's Spaceman Spiff. I always respected your ballhandling ability. Remember, we lost to the Friars this year, so please show us your favor. I hope you are better at granting my prayers than you were at making shots from outside 15 feet.

JJ is all I ask, but if I have been extra good, you could toss Alkins or Simmons and that would be dope. Thank you, and enjoy Kazahkstan.
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

Spaceman Spiff wrote: JJ is all I ask, but if I have been extra good, you could toss Alkins or Simmons and that would be dope. Thank you, and enjoy Kazahkstan.
This.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

3goggles wrote:
Longhorned wrote:
3goggles wrote:Damn it's getting interesting Myers is calling Simmons to Arizona!

http://247sports.com/Player/Kobi-Simmons-28445
It's really starting to feel like somebody's getting trolled.
How am I getting trolled?
Not you. Myers. Not saying he is, but we've seen this before and it had this flavor.
3goggles

Post by 3goggles »

Longhorned wrote:
3goggles wrote:
Longhorned wrote:
3goggles wrote:Damn it's getting interesting Myers is calling Simmons to Arizona!

http://247sports.com/Player/Kobi-Simmons-28445
It's really starting to feel like somebody's getting trolled.
How am I getting trolled?
Not you. Myers. Not saying he is, but we've seen this before and it had this flavor.
Gotcha! I don't think we land him but crazier things have happened
Bangkok Wildcat

Post by Bangkok Wildcat »

HiCat wrote:Kobi Simmons's Crystal Ball Predictions

Ohio State 43%
Arizona 30%
Kentucky 26%

Poll Results:
Arizona the wildcard 8-)

Kentucky already has two guards committed for 2016, but Arizona doesn't have any guards committed. The addition of Arizona could complicate things for Ohio State.

http://www.cleveland.com/osu/index.ssf/ ... lle_1.html" target="_blank
0 chance on landing Kobi......now way does a kid like this commit to a school he hasn't even visited IMHO.....if he were serious about us, he'd announce an official visit before deciding......this is all just noise OR showing CSM some respect after his efforts.

Bearing Down on the real deal with JJ.....'C'mon down, you're the next Arizona stud!!!'
dmjcat

Post by dmjcat »

https://twitter.com/jerrymeyer247/statu ... 6978689024" target="_blank

Jerry Meyer: Story from today on Kobi Simmons. I continue to get intel pointing to Arizona sweeping in suddenly and landing him. http://bit.ly/1mWDNT7" target="_blank
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

dmjcat wrote:https://twitter.com/jerrymeyer247/statu ... 6978689024

Jerry Meyer: Story from today on Kobi Simmons. I continue to get intel pointing to Arizona sweeping in suddenly and landing him. http://bit.ly/1mWDNT7" target="_blank
Don't underestimate the witch.
3goggles

Post by 3goggles »

From everyone freaking at the lack of 2016 commits to people turning there nose up a 5 star point guard!
Bangkok Wildcat

3goggles wrote:From everyone freaking at the lack of 2016 commits to people turning there nose up a 5 star point guard!
No one is turning their nose up at all.....obviously would be a huge get......just doubting the probability of a commitment NOT the player!
az91

Post by az91 »

If Simmons ends up here without a visit, Miller is really a witch.
Bangkok Wildcat

az91 wrote:

Just read on an OSU thread that Kobi has visited us but not an official http://www.scout.com/college/ohio-state ... commits-to

Now that does give me some optimism......if he's actually visited before then obviously he knows the campus, facilities, etc.......

Oh and yes, Miller is an absolute Witch! :-)
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Zero

Post by Zero »

Yes please.

BTW that trash ass site is calling him to Arizona and going at Scheer again. Wish they would blow up.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

Bangkok Wildcat wrote:
az91 wrote:

Just read on an OSU thread that Kobi has visited us but not an official http://www.scout.com/college/ohio-state ... commits-to

Now that does give me some optimism......if he's actually visited before then obviously he knows the campus, facilities, etc.......

Oh and yes, Miller is an absolute Witch! :-)
I don't think that's accurate at all unless it was a super secret visit that nobody, but this Buckeye fan knew about.
Harvey Specter

Post by Harvey Specter »

Chicat wrote:
Well that is interesting... Thanks for sharing.

If it were to happen, this would be the most unexpected commitment to Arizona BB for as long as I have been a fan of the program. For a variety of reasons, not the least of which was his experience (or lack thereof) with USA BB while Miller was the HC.

I am waiting for a '97 'no chance' post... this just seems so unlikely.
EOCT

Post by EOCT »

From a fan at the OSU site: "He has been to Zona just not an official. 7 new crystal balls for Zona today. It seems family and those close to him want Zona and this kid doesn't want to commit to Thad and TOSU."

Sorry but I can't get into the argument that "he obviously can't come to UA because he hasn't visited our school yet".

Several points, the main being that an elite player with a probable League future probably bases 80% percent of his decision on his evaluation of the Coach, assuming the coach has existing and projected team quality which will get the player strong visibility. The Coach who can best prepare him for his goal to play League. Anyone objectively disagree with that?

Next, can you posit Kobi hasn't already been here or won't be here before Saturday?

Next, it's apparently fact that Coach has been keenly pursuing Kobi from the beginning. We just didn't know. I had no idea.

Last----think about it-----we were added to a list of two schools 4 or 5 days before Kobi announced he will announce a decision. Doesn't feel like gamesmanship; it feel like motive.

My wacky guess is that the young man wants to talk more with Matta and Miller, and maybe reassess his early view that Calipari isn't quite serious enough. It feels like we're a clear possibility.
Last edited by EOCT on Thu Jan 14, 2016 12:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bangkok Wildcat

Good points EOCT. No matter what happens, we don't appear to be losing much as few, if any, expected he would come here due to how quiet his recruitment was.....

Having said that, would love to get him down here.....so if he signs an LOI with us that would be GREAT news!

Still waiting on the most important recruit of all though...JJ :-)
catgrad97

Post by catgrad97 »

EOCT wrote:From a fan at the OSU site: "He has been to Zona just not an official. 7 new crystal balls for Zona today. It seems family and those close to him want Zona and this kid doesn't want to commit to Thad and TOSU."

Sorry but I can't get into the argument that "he obviously can't come to UA because he hasn't visited our school yet".

Next, it's apparently fact that Coach has been keenly pursuing Kobi from the beginning. We just didn't know. I had no idea.

Last----think about it-----we were added to a list of two schools 4 or 5 days before Kobi announced he will announce a decision. Doesn't feel like an accident; it feel like its coming from genuine motive.

My wacky guess is that the young man wants to talk more with Matta and Miller, and maybe reassess his early view that Calipari isn't quite serious enough. It feels like we're a clear possibility.
So all I want to know is, who is Nicole Kidman and who is Jimmy Fallon in this scenario?
HiCat

Post by HiCat »

11 in the last 2 1/2 days :D

48% today :o

Arizona 48%
Ohio State 35%
Kentucky 17%

http://247sports.com/PlayerInstitution/ ... redictions" target="_blank

Did KS make an unofficial visit to Arizona? (on the down low) I recall Coach saying something a while ago about recruitment picking up later. (vs 2-3 months ago) Boomer memory though, so grain of salt on this. The momentum sure feels good going into Saturday.

fwiw
EOC post above might be right.
dmjcat

Post by dmjcat »

HiCat wrote:11 in the last 2 1/2 days :D

48% today :o

Arizona 48%
Ohio State 35%
Kentucky 17%

Did KS make an unofficial visit to Arizona? (on the down low) I recall Coach saying something a while ago about recruitment picking up later. (vs 2-3 months ago) Boomer memory though, so grain of salt on this. The momentum sure feels good going into Saturday.

fwiw
EOC post above might be right.
Now up to 52%. An Ohio State "insider" has now flipped to AZ.

Hard to tell if there is anything behind this (247 Predictions) or just a bunch of Lemmings following the herd
HiCat

Post by HiCat »

"Now up to 52%. An Ohio State "insider" has now flipped to AZ"

Amazing! Wonder if someone else will flip to Arizona today? 8-)
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

If Kobi Simmons had been to Arizona at any point then the typical insiders would've mentioned that long ago. Can any one think of a visit by a player that occurred that everybody didn't know about by the time the prospect arrived or was just leaving? I don't know what Intel this Buckeye fan has, but if Kobi did visit then it's more than any Arizona insider knows. Kudos to him if he's right and kudos to Kobi for having the quietest visit to Arizona ever taken place by a 5 star recruit.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Last April we discussed a Zagsblog report of him wanting to visit in June. There was no confirmation he ever did though.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Main Event

Post by Main Event »

May be top to bottom our most athletic team ever next year if true
PennZona20

Post by PennZona20 »

I promised myself I wasn't gonna do this but :

Can you imagine this lineup -

KS
AT
JJ
RS
DR

Bench : KA, LM, JS, CC, ....... Pjc and ep?

Wow that talent is almost as good as Kentucky last year, and probably as good as Kentucky last year post Poythress injury. That's 2 starting 5s filled with high end prospects almost. The wear down will be at an all time efficacy level.
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

This is nuts. Crazy how much has changed in 24 hours. Pure witchcraft.
gronk4heisman

Post by gronk4heisman »

I think if we are getting him, it's because Trier is leaving. They seem to me to be very similar players. Also, in the post above I do not see anyway Kadeem is not our starting PG next year. In the unlikely world that everything goes right I see the line up being more like this:

KA
AT
JJ
RS
DR

LM
JS
KS
EP
PJC
CC

But like I said, the only way I see Kobi coming here is if something has been told to him about Trier leaving early.
PennZona20

Post by PennZona20 »

I agree Kobi would be first man off the bench and get minutes at the 1-3. I was just throwing the post out there. The kid I think that Miller may have to re-recruit would be Simon. I do think Simon's development would get stilted a bit w Simmons here. But Simmons is a more refined product even next year and hopefully Simon still gets plenty of run and is 2nd perimeter player off the bench over PjC next year.

I don't think anyone can say with any confidence Trier is gone. Right now he's listed as an early 2nd rounder in the 2017, not 2016 draft. That was before his injury. He's not leaving to be a 2nd rounder. This isn't a kid w dumb and vengeful advisors like GJ. The way I look at it is if Kentucky and Cal can convince 5 star kids to come off the bench for 16-20 min per game why can't Miller. Afterall, most ppl would say after Cal (and maybe K still) Miller is the best recruiter out there
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

gronk4heisman wrote:
But like I said, the only way I see Kobi coming here is if something has been told to him about Trier leaving early.
Right, but why wouldn't Kobi start next year at OSU?
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

With the new rules I really doubt Trier gets an invite to the NBA camp so should be back.
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

I know Ray Smith was reaching out to Kobi on Twitter...
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

gronk4heisman wrote:I think if we are getting him, it's because Trier is leaving. They seem to me to be very similar players. Also, in the post above I do not see anyway Kadeem is not our starting PG next year. In the unlikely world that everything goes right I see the line up being more like this:

KA
AT
JJ
RS
DR

LM
JS
KS
EP
PJC
CC

If Trier is leaving right after breaking his hand and being rated in the early second round in 2017 in most mocks...well, it could happen, but it is really weird timing, and to have a prayer at the first round, Trier better go Mike Jordan the second he's back.
catgrad97

Post by catgrad97 »

My pessimistic side says we're either landing Jackson, or Simmons as a consolation prize. Not both.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

I would take either, a bird in the hand is fool me once, can't get fooled again.

This could be the end of Elliott Pitts career at Arizona if Kobi signs. If he leaves now he can have a year and a half at some other school.

Like Zane Johnson said, I don't want to spend my senior season on the end of the bench and had a nice career at Hawaii.
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

Trier probably isn't leaving, but stranger things have happened with unexpected departures. You just never know until we're past all the NBA deadlines.

I hope we get some unexpected happy news about Simmons and/or Alkins in the coming days, but as others have noted ad nauseum above, it's all about JJ.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

There's no way Trier is in a position to inform Miller that he's entering the draft this spring, and that Miller conveyed this to Simmons and his stepfather. Beyond the recruiting predictors, who are quacks, nobody is saying he's picking Arizona or not, or even following through with a verbal to anyone on Saturday. My best guess is that he either picks tOSU or protracts his recruitment and maybe visits Arizona, but if he does pick Arizona on Saturday, it's probably because he thinks he's point guard, which is endemic among combo and shooting guards (and not entirely wrong as time goes by).
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

Longhorned wrote: but if he does pick Arizona on Saturday, it's probably because he thinks he's point guard, which is endemic among combo and shooting guards (and not entirely wrong as time goes by).
Or because he wants to be a part of this:

KA/KS
AT/KS
JJ
RS
DR
catgrad97

Post by catgrad97 »

Don't forget LM and CC.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

I think he'd be the best PG on our roster next year honestly.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Longhorned wrote:There's no way Trier is in a position to inform Miller that he's entering the draft this spring, and that Miller conveyed this to Simmons and his stepfather. Beyond the recruiting predictors, who are quacks, nobody is saying he's picking Arizona or not, or even following through with a verbal to anyone on Saturday. My best guess is that he either picks tOSU or protracts his recruitment and maybe visits Arizona, but if he does pick Arizona on Saturday, it's probably because he thinks he's point guard, which is endemic among combo and shooting guards (and not entirely wrong as time goes by).
If I'm reading Simmons's mind, he had significnt interest in UNLV that disappeared with Rice. We have combo minutes available. Pitts is in limbo, and I don't think it would be a shock if he did not play at AZ again. PJC gets minutes, but I would think Simmons probably thinks he could beat out PJC and take his minutes and whatever Pitts leaves. Then we lose York, and even if Simon's role expands, Simmons is looking at 20 or so combo guard minutes.

Post broken hand, I would be shocked if Trier left.
Main Event

Post by Main Event »

I guess this is happening
baycat93

Post by baycat93 »

would be excited to get a talent like that... and probably best for the program.. but would be bummed if it pushed PJC to transfer. Of course if he was tearing it up this year this recruitment would not happen.

Maybe a RS year for PJC, Kobi OAD, Troy Brown '17, PJC RsSr in '18.

One can dream.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

Main Event wrote:I guess this is happening
I don't understand but I guess so, too. I'm not buying the red flags, it sounds like he has a phenomenal game, and he's on his way to Arizona.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Wow.

I'm excited and wary all at the same time.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

baycat93 wrote:would be excited to get a talent like that... and probably best for the program.. but would be bummed if it pushed PJC to transfer. Of course if he was tearing it up this year this recruitment would not happen.

Maybe a RS year for PJC, Kobi OAD, Troy Brown '17, PJC RsSr in '18.

One can dream.
I like PJC, but regardless of Simmons, I think he has to worry about Simon passing him up too. PJC is a good, solid player, but the constant here is that Miller brings in talent and it is a competitive environment. I'm not sure PJC will ever wind up starting here. If he's ok with that, hey, he seems like a good kid and I'd love him to finish in an AZ uniform. That said, I wouldn't penalize him if he wanted to seek out a place where he would have an easier road to PT.

It's never an easy road to playing here. Who was the last recruit we snagged who wasn't a top 100 guy?
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:
gronk4heisman wrote:I think if we are getting him, it's because Trier is leaving. They seem to me to be very similar players. Also, in the post above I do not see anyway Kadeem is not our starting PG next year. In the unlikely world that everything goes right I see the line up being more like this:

If Trier is leaving right after breaking his hand and being rated in the early second round in 2017 in most mocks...well, it could happen, but it is really weird timing, and to have a prayer at the first round, Trier better go Mike Jordan the second he's back.
Exactly. My thoughts of him leaving and being a first rounder were based on how he was trending and what I expected him to do in the games he is now missing with this injury. And he may be in good game shape and still able to get to the cup, but he's going to need some time to shake off the rust on his jumper, so that is even less time.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

Chicat wrote:
Wow.

I'm excited and wary all at the same time.
But especially in light of the Dorsey experience, this one has to be sanctioned by Miller, don't you think?