lets talk '16

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

carolinacat

Re: lets talk '16

Post by carolinacat »

ASUHATER! wrote:
Main Event wrote: Sean said you know what, fuck it all in. All chips in next year
He must be planning on trier going pro, smith not recovering and quitting basketball and a transfer then. Since with Simmons commitment we only have like 2 spots open.
Do you gamble much? Because if you do, I'm willing to put down some serious $$$ on every ridiculous post about a player's health, mental state or intentions. You just throw a ton of shiit against the wall and hope some of it sticks.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

dcZONAfan wrote:Why don't you just go to the Scout board? Nobody wants you here. I prefer enfuego
Damn, someone probably can't handle this board. Sounds like you should go. I do not care what you think. Please stop talking.
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

carolinacat wrote:
ASUHATER! wrote:
Main Event wrote: Sean said you know what, fuck it all in. All chips in next year
He must be planning on trier going pro, smith not recovering and quitting basketball and a transfer then. Since with Simmons commitment we only have like 2 spots open.
Do you gamble much? Because if you do, I'm willing to put down some serious $$$ on every ridiculous post about a player's health, mental state or intentions. You just throw a ton of shiit against the wall and hope some of it sticks.
So you know what about his situation that I don't? You're assuming just as much as I am. Stop throwing shit at the wall and hoping it sticks already.

dcZONAfan

Post by dcZONAfan »

ASUHATER! wrote:
dcZONAfan wrote:Why don't you just go to the Scout board? Nobody wants you here. I prefer enfuego
Damn, someone probably can't handle this board. Sounds like you should go. I do not care what you think. Please stop talking.
What, you can't handle my positive posts?
Harvey Specter

Post by Harvey Specter »

ASUHATER! wrote:
Harvey Specter wrote:
ASUHATER! wrote:
Would you STFU on your 'Smith's career is over bullshit until even a rumor (from someone other than you) is whispered?

We have 5 scholarships to give with no transfers or early departures.
Would you stfu with your Smith's career isn't over bullshit until even a rumor (from anyone...anywhere) is whispered?

Goes both ways.
First, I have not made a single statement declaring that Smith's full return is a guarantee. You've made several comments suggesting that his return is nothing short of impossible.

Second, I have 2 medical opinions and Miller's public statements backing my opinion that a full return is a distinct possibility. And he is not the one prone to coach speak...

I admire your self-esteem, if only your intellect and self-awareness matched up to your confidence. As they say, ignorance is bliss,
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

A lot of possible turnover between the end of this season and the end of next season. We bring in all those guys, Trier, Smith, Jackson, Kadeem, Ristic, Tollefsen, Zeus, Anderson, Pitts, York, Lauri, Alkins, Simmons, all guys who will graduate or are guys who could play themselves into the NBA draft by the end of next season. Am I missing anyone? Thats 13 guys. They all arent going by then obviously, but I can see a good chunk of them doing so. Load up
Last edited by rgdeuce on Sat Jan 16, 2016 11:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Harvey Specter

Post by Harvey Specter »

ASUHATER! wrote:
Damn, someone probably can't handle this board. Sounds like I should go. Nobody her (except my brother) cares what I think. Everyone can celebrate... I will stop posting now.
FYP.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

Smith is expected to make a full recovery.
Harvey Specter

Post by Harvey Specter »

rgdeuce wrote:A lot of possible turnover between the end of this season and the end of next season. We bring in all those guys, Trier, Smith, Jackson, Kadeem, Ristic, Tollefsen, Zeus, Anderson, Pitts, York, Lauri, Alkins, Simmons, all guys who will graduate or are guys who could play themselves into the NBA draft by the end of next season. Am I missing anyone? They all arent going by then obviously, but I can see a good chunk of them doing so. Load up
You obviously did not get the memo from Dr. ASUHATER!

Smith's career is over.
dcZONAfan

Post by dcZONAfan »

Harvey Specter wrote:
rgdeuce wrote:A lot of possible turnover between the end of this season and the end of next season. We bring in all those guys, Trier, Smith, Jackson, Kadeem, Ristic, Tollefsen, Zeus, Anderson, Pitts, York, Lauri, Alkins, Simmons, all guys who will graduate or are guys who could play themselves into the NBA draft by the end of next season. Am I missing anyone? They all arent going by then obviously, but I can see a good chunk of them doing so. Load up
You obviously did not get the memo from Dr. ASUHATER!

Smith's career is over.
And we're all gonna die!!!!!!!!!!! (<------ Beavis voice)
RichardCranium

Post by RichardCranium »

Merkin wrote:Just a serviceable Daniel Dillon type backup. So I agree, if he wants to transfer out I have no hard feelings but if he is OK with his role it will benefit the Cats.
Whoa. That's harsh Merkin.

Dillon was in over his head and never put in one good performance outside of preseason trips. He was, for a while the only person on the team that could run the baseline in that ugly 2-3 zone that the clown man used, but he should have gone to somewhere where he could have played - like St. Mary's or New Mexico State.

PJC is an actual player. Sure he's short, but he can play, and he belongs here. He is no worse than York was during his second year, and he provides an energy lift that improves the entire team when he's out there. He's putting in some great performances lately. I like him and he's good for the team. Who cares he's not Eric Money?

If there is anybody that should be compared to Dillon, I would put it on Pitts.
Any sufficiently advanced troll is indistinguishable from a genuine kook.
EVCat

Post by EVCat »

ASUHATER! wrote: Goes both ways.
No...it really doesn't. ACLs get repaired all the time. People come back all the time. Even with average care, they come back, but with top level care, they come back with a stronger ligament and as long as they did what they were supposed to do in maintaining range of motion, they are fine. Just like Tyrann Matthieu will be playing football for the Arizona Cardinals again next year...different, more violent sport. In Smith's case, he has a full 12 months recovery time before games, and will be cleared to go full at about 9. Check the kid at BYU who tore his ACL in the tournament and was starting the season the next year. It isn't going both ways...one is nearly certain (return), and one would take some kind of fluke in our current medical world (no recovery, player quitting the sport getting him into college). One is expected, the other would be a blindside hit that no one could possibly anticipate. That street really is one way...I don't know if you are serious about this or one of those people who cannot let go once they've picked a side of an argument regardless of the evidence, or just like trolling people on a board that is made up, presumably, of people who cheer for the same team as you (which makes no sense). Best three words in the language, next to "I am sorry" are "I am wrong". They show character when used properly. No points for fighting a battle that gains you nothing...if Smith is the one in a million that can't come back, what do you win? But so many examples to show he will be fine. Probably 85% in his first season, everything clicks in his 2nd season.

We have the departing seniors to replace, and then Pitts. I don't know that transfer is exactly what will happen there. But there's a reasonable chance we have that scholarship to fill. So we can go strong. As long as it isn't filler, CSM might as well go all in and get as many excellent players as our spots allow. No reason to reach just to fill a spot, but if top 25-35 level players want to keep committing, I say take as many as you can. As Sidiki/Josiah/Grant/Craig Victor/Elliott have shown, you just never know what is going to happen with transfers/losses, and Ray Smith and Trier and Zeus have shown you never know when a player will be injured for a while.
dcZONAfan

Post by dcZONAfan »

RichardCranium wrote:
Merkin wrote:Just a serviceable Daniel Dillon type backup. So I agree, if he wants to transfer out I have no hard feelings but if he is OK with his role it will benefit the Cats.
Whoa. That's harsh Merkin.

Dillon was in over his head and never put in one good performance outside of preseason trips. He was, for a while the only person on the team that could run the baseline in that ugly 2-3 zone that the clown man used, but he should have gone to somewhere where he could have played - like St. Mary's or New Mexico State.

PJC is an actual player. Sure he's short, but he can play, and he belongs here. He is no worse than York was during his second year, and he provides an energy lift that improves the entire team when he's out there. He's putting in some great performances lately. I like him and he's good for the team. Who cares he's not Eric Money?

If there is anybody that should be compared to Dillon, I would put it on Pitts.
You are right and I'll be the first to admit that I jumped off the PJC bandwagon this year when he struggled early. The thing I hope for with PJC is that he is happy with a complimentary role all 4 years. He isn't ever gonna play on the NBA so transferring isn't going to get him more exposure and I hope he just wants to be a part of this program no matter what. Sean showed faith in him even after his mistake in high school and I hope that loyalty keeps him here all 4 years because he is showing his worth as the steady backup point guard every squad needs
dcZONAfan

Post by dcZONAfan »

EVCat wrote:
No...it really doesn't. ACLs get repaired all the time. People come back all the time. Even with average care, they come back, but with top level care, they come back with a stronger ligament and as long as they did what they were supposed to do in maintaining range of motion, they are fine. Just like Tyrann Matthieu will be playing football for the Arizona Cardinals again next year...different, more violent sport. In Smith's case, he has a full 12 months recovery time before games, and will be cleared to go full at about 9. Check the kid at BYU who tore his ACL in the tournament and was starting the season the next year. It isn't going both ways...one is nearly certain (return), and one would take some kind of fluke in our current medical world (no recovery, player quitting the sport getting him into college). One is expected, the other would be a blindside hit that no one could possibly anticipate. That street really is one way...I don't know if you are serious about this or one of those people who cannot let go once they've picked a side of an argument regardless of the evidence, or just like trolling people on a board that is made up, presumably, of people who cheer for the same team as you (which makes no sense). Best three words in the language, next to "I am sorry" are "I am wrong". They show character when used properly. No points for fighting a battle that gains you nothing...if Smith is the one in a million that can't come back, what do you win? But so many examples to show he will be fine. Probably 85% in his first season, everything clicks in his 2nd season.

We have the departing seniors to replace, and then Pitts. I don't know that transfer is exactly what will happen there. But there's a reasonable chance we have that scholarship to fill. So we can go strong. As long as it isn't filler, CSM might as well go all in and get as many excellent players as our spots allow. No reason to reach just to fill a spot, but if top 25-35 level players want to keep committing, I say take as many as you can. As Sidiki/Josiah/Grant/Craig Victor/Elliott have shown, you just never know what is going to happen with transfers/losses, and Ray Smith and Trier and Zeus have shown you never know when a player will be injured for a while.
Post of the fucking year. Now we will all wait to see if hater says "I was wrong"
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

ASUHATER! wrote:
Scheer didn't include it in his tweet, but Miller included Smith as one of the 4-5 newcomers. Jesus you are one incredible simpleton when it comes to the topic of Ray Smith's future that's for sure.

4 Seniors, 1 open scholarship as we speak, and maybe Trier leaving early. We have holes to fill and not a single one of them is caused by Ray Smith's injury.
Last edited by ChooChooCat on Sun Jan 17, 2016 2:50 am, edited 3 times in total.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

EVCat wrote:

Great job on the first paragraph. Nailed this entire debate perfectly. It'd take a medical fluke for Ray Smith not to recover.

As far as filling the holes, Miller said he wants to land a player at each position in this recruiting class and if we stick just to 4 year guys that would be PG - Simmons, SG - Alkins/Jackson, SF - Jackson/Smith, PF/C - Markkanen, PF/C- Froling. I imagine if he doesn't land any of the non-committed guys listed then he finds other avenues to fill those holes. A grad transfer makes sense pending on need as well (if we don't land all 5) and I think if there's a normal transfer (any position) that is worth it he'd bring them in as well.
HiCat

Post by HiCat »

Book's working some magic too! Miller/ Book doing their thing. :)

Rawle Alkins Makes New York Return, Talks Arizona, St. John's
Dec 31, 2015

NEW YORK - It appeared Rawle Alkins had his final recruiting list set at eight, but he took people by surprise on Tuesday evening when he added the University of Arizona to make a final list of nine.

The reason Alkins added the Wildcats to his list became clear on Thursday afternoon.

When the five-star guard and his Word of God Academy (N.C.) team played Thon Maker and Athlete Institute on Monday in Detroit. Alkins had a huge game with Arizona head coach Sean Miller present, which got the ball rolling.

"I was killing, I was doing my thing and he was texting Coach 'Book' (Arizona assistant coach Emanuel 'Book' Richardson)," Alkins told SNY.tv after his first game back in New York City, a 112-95 loss to Prolific Prep at the Grind Session's Gotham Showcase at Baruch College. "He said, 'Rawle Alkins is playing like a 15-year NBA veteran.' From there, he said he wanted me really bad."

https://www.sny.tv/college-recruiting/n ... 160805668/" target="_blank

not sure about the date on this, so Az not showing yet..But Miller/Book's on it.

http://247sports.com/PlayerInstitution/ ... redictions" target="_blank

Rawle Alkins Is A TOP 5 Player! Brooklyn's Finest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZ_38whflGw" target="_blank

New move (quick view)
http://usatodayhss.com/2015/rawle-alkin ... ant-defend" target="_blank
Last edited by HiCat on Sun Jan 17, 2016 7:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
luteformayor2

Post by luteformayor2 »

So Book wants Alkins really bad...
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

If only there was some way of knowing how Ray Smith handles an ACL injury and the rehab it requires to come back. ;)
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
Puerco

Post by Puerco »

UAEebs86 wrote:If only there was some way of knowing how Ray Smith handles an ACL injury and the rehab it requires to come back. ;)
Haven't you been paying attention? Dr. Hater has cleared that all up for us. Ray's career is officially over.
'A parent is the one person who is supposed to make their kid think they can do anything. Says they're beautiful even when they're ugly. Thinks they're smart even when they go to Arizona State.' -- Jack Donaghy
Main Event

Post by Main Event »

dcZONAfan

Post by dcZONAfan »

Main Event wrote:
Wow, it's a little presumptuous of Ray to be out shooting. Sad he doesn't realize his basketball career, NAY, his life, is over
HiCat

Post by HiCat »

Main Event wrote:

Wow. Nice to see this.
Puerco

Post by Puerco »

Y'all know Hater is stewing inside, secretly hoping Smith's career really is over, right? Just so he's vindicated.
'A parent is the one person who is supposed to make their kid think they can do anything. Says they're beautiful even when they're ugly. Thinks they're smart even when they go to Arizona State.' -- Jack Donaghy
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

Just realized Dukes 2016 class has Frank Jackson, who plays for both of my little sisters' old school, Lone Peak. For being a rich public school (makes catalina foothills look like rincon) with nothing but blue eyed blond haired boys, that school is a basketball powerhouse. They were school ranked #1 that played Aaron Gordons team on ESPN a few years back and played Kobi Simmons last night
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Puerco wrote:Y'all know Hater is stewing inside, secretly hoping Smith's career really is over, right? Just so he's vindicated.
I hope more than anything he comes back better than ever and tears it up here. Stop being a cunt.

Puerco

Post by Puerco »

ASUHATER! wrote:
Puerco wrote:Y'all know Hater is stewing inside, secretly hoping Smith's career really is over, right? Just so he's vindicated.
I hope more than anything he comes back better than ever and tears it up here. Stop being a cunt.
:lol:

I think you've got the two of us confused. See, one of us keeps repeating that Ray's career is likely over, despite logic and overwhelming public opinion being against him. That 'cunt' isn't me, my friend.

Face it, you know as much about orthopedics as you do about stadium seating in southern California, in other words nothing. But that doesn't keep you from posting your meaningless opinion with the absolute certainty of a Fox News watcher at a Donald Trump convention.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Puerco wrote:
ASUHATER! wrote:

I think you've got the two of us confused. See, one of us keeps repeating that Ray's career is likely over, despite logic and overwhelming public opinion being against him. That 'cunt' isn't me, my friend.

Face it, you know as much about orthopedics as you do about stadium seating in southern California, in other words nothing. But that doesn't keep you from posting your meaningless opinion with the absolute certainty of a Fox News watcher at a Donald Trump convention.
I know as much about it as all the people that know he will be fine. But that doesn't keep people from posting he'll be fine with all the absolute certainty of a fox news watcher at a Donald Trump convention.

Puerco

Post by Puerco »

I'm just going to throw this out there, even though it conflict with Dr. Hater's prognosis.
In most of the sports analyzed, ACL reconstruction surgery had a recovery time of between 6 and 9 months. After this time, most athletes had returned close to their full level of previous play. Sources showed between 80% and 100% of previous level. In most sports, it was found that around 90% of these athletes returned to play in their respective sports. After the first ACL injury, there is a risk of repeated injury. It is estimated to be between 5 and 15%. (5)

All in all, the tearing or sprain of the anterior cruciate ligament account for a large portion of knee injuries in sports. The standard surgeries and therapies currently in place provide good results and recovery time. A large proportion of athletes which have undergone ACL surgery return to their respective sport at a level close to their previous level of play.
http://biomed.brown.edu/Courses/BI108/B ... uries1.htm
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Puerco wrote:I'm just going to throw this out there, even though it conflict with Dr. Hater's prognosis.
In most of the sports analyzed, ACL reconstruction surgery had a recovery time of between 6 and 9 months. After this time, most athletes had returned close to their full level of previous play. Sources showed between 80% and 100% of previous level. In most sports, it was found that around 90% of these athletes returned to play in their respective sports. After the first ACL injury, there is a risk of repeated injury. It is estimated to be between 5 and 15%. (5)

All in all, the tearing or sprain of the anterior cruciate ligament account for a large portion of knee injuries in sports. The standard surgeries and therapies currently in place provide good results and recovery time. A large proportion of athletes which have undergone ACL surgery return to their respective sport at a level close to their previous level of play.
http://biomed.brown.edu/Courses/BI108/B ... uries1.htm
Unfortunately, 71% of patients named Ray died within 18 months of suffering an ACL injury.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

No one gets out of this life alive. We all might as well stop breathing in...
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
gumby

Post by gumby »

]
Main Event wrote:
Better chance of winning Powerball.
Right where I want to be.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

Did Thomas Davis rise up out of grave this morning to recover the onside kick to seal the game against the Seahawks today or was I imagining things? There's no way a guy who has torn his ACL 3 times is playing football at a high level still let alone breathing.
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

I stubbed my toe this morning.

Made out my Will by lunch

It was nice knowing all of you
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

ASUHATER! wrote:
Puerco wrote:
ASUHATER! wrote:

I know as much about it as all the people that know he will be fine. But that doesn't keep people from posting he'll be fine with all the absolute certainty of a fox news watcher at a Donald Trump convention.
Hater, you do understand that this isn't the same knee as his last injury, right?
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Main Event

Post by Main Event »

gumby

Post by gumby »

Posted last summer. Not picking on the poster.
luteformayor2 wrote:WHAT is the Reality that we land at least 1 of :
Kobi Simmons
Ferguson
Josh Jackson

Are these all shots in the dark right now with low probability?
Would you believe two out of three? Tripping back through this thread is a real trip.
Right where I want to be.
3goggles

Post by 3goggles »

Main Event wrote:
Come on book help land JJ and Alkins!
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

Is it me, or has Coach lost some lbs recently?
3goggles

Post by 3goggles »

Beachcat97 wrote:Is it me, or has Coach lost some lbs recently?
Oh for sure!
Frybry02

Post by Frybry02 »

3goggles wrote:
Oh for sure!
Walton made mention of it on the telecast too.
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

http://www.scout.com/college/basketball ... is-arizona" target="_blank

Wouldn't be surprising to see him join our '16 class. Looks to me like a four-year player. He'd be low on the depth chart for a year or two, behind DR, CC, and LM.
az91

Post by az91 »

No doubt!
HiCat

Post by HiCat »

3goggles wrote:
Main Event wrote:
Come on book help land JJ and Alkins!

Pretty cool pix...says it all. Let the good times roll!
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

This class looks amazing and I have read/heard the 17 class might be his best ever. Unreal the witch is
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
jsbowl16

Post by jsbowl16 »

Miller said they are looking for four or five guys more in this class not counting Lauri and Ray Smith. Simmons is obviously one and lets assume Josh Jackson and Rawle are two more. That leaves one or two more players and he mentions trying to find one player for each position so I would assume he is looking for a center and possibly another power forward. Am I missing anyone else that Miller is looking at or do we think that there might be a transfer coming in for one or both of those spots?
carolinacat

Post by carolinacat »

I think Book is shrinking. Miller is barely 6 foot.
EVCat

Post by EVCat »

3goggles wrote:
Oh for sure!
He might want to get that coat taken in a little
Harvey Specter

Post by Harvey Specter »

carolinacat wrote:
I think Book is shrinking. Miller is barely 6 foot.
No he's not.... I expected that, too - but I have talked to him a couple times. I would guess he is pretty close to 6''2". He is taller than he seems on TV.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

jsbowl16 wrote:Miller said they are looking for four or five guys more in this class not counting Lauri and Ray Smith. Simmons is obviously one and lets assume Josh Jackson and Rawle are two more. That leaves one or two more players and he mentions trying to find one player for each position so I would assume he is looking for a center and possibly another power forward. Am I missing anyone else that Miller is looking at or do we think that there might be a transfer coming in for one or both of those spots?
Harry Froling