Steve Lavin, Lav, Lavster

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

gumby

Steve Lavin, Lav, Lavster

Post by gumby »

Now that I've noticed and recognized this, it's making me bonkers, crazy, cuckoo. But Lavin, Lav, Lavster is a human thesaurus or synonym finder. A guy just can't score near the hoop, he's down low, in the paint, taking the zero footer. His announcing, commentating is replete or filled with multiple or more than one way to say, exclaim and point out the same or identical thing.

I may need treatment, meds or some elixir to handle or deal with this. Bottom line and in conclusion, make him stop, cease and/or desist.
Right where I want to be.
Olsondogg

Re: Steve Lavin, Lav, Lavster

Post by Olsondogg »

You should try Sean Miller's diet. Lots of leafy vegetables, healthy proteins...turkey with avocado, no burgers and hotdogs...
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
gumby

Post by gumby »

Oh crap, doo-doo, feces. He's doing the game Saturday or the day after tomorrow.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

RIP Majerus, should have eaten more leafy veggies.

gumby

Post by gumby »

Olsondogg wrote:You should try Sean Miller's diet. Lots of leafy vegetables, healthy proteins...turkey with avocado, no burgers and hotdogs...
Could turn me into a roadrunner or beep-beeper as I shed pounds, lbs., weight.
gumby

Post by gumby »

Merkin wrote:RIP Majerus, should have eaten more leafy veggies.

:lol:

Lav struggling to hold it together and keep his composure.
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

Lavin is just the worst. I mean, probably a nice guy...but one that talks from morn til night
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
catgrad97

Post by catgrad97 »

Right now, better than Walton.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Olsondogg wrote:Lavin is just the worst. I mean, probably a nice guy...but one that talks from morn til night
I actually find it refreshing to listen to a color commentator who talks non-stop about the game instead of the magical healing qualities of the dirt in Temecula.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Lavin knows ball, so really appreciate his insights as a former coach.
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

Chicat wrote:
Olsondogg wrote:Lavin is just the worst. I mean, probably a nice guy...but one that talks from morn til night
I actually find it refreshing to listen to a color commentator who talks non-stop about the game instead of the magical healing qualities of the dirt in Temecula.
I do to, but that's not Lavin. Dude talks about random stuff (diet was one example) with annoying little banter.

To each their own...I used to hate Walton too...now I dont' mind his crap.
97cats

Post by 97cats »

i enjoy Lavin a bunch -- he has a terrific mind for the game but its his depth of knowledge for the history of the sport thats almost unmatched by anyone.
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

97cats wrote:i enjoy Lavin a bunch -- he has a terrific mind for the game but its his depth of knowledge for the history of the sport thats almost unmatched by anyone.

bilas is my guy for that...even with this rants against the NCAA over the past few years
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

Merkin wrote:RIP Majerus, should have eaten more leafy veggies.

:lol: :lol:
Jefe

Post by Jefe »

Sharin' the sugar!

Ticklin' the twine!
gumby

Post by gumby »

He's like a character from "Guys and Dolls."
EVCat

Post by EVCat »

I like both Lavin and Walton.

Different deals, same enjoyment. I am not a fan of Walton doing big games, because those are the rare times I care what the jock in booth has to say. I'd rather get the crazy trip stuff on a Thursday against Wazzu.

Lavin provides good, not great commentary. He has love for the west coast, and more important is knowledgeable of PAC ball, so I appreciate him. And he isn't a problem to listen to. So I like games he does.

Now that Jimmy Dykes is never on my TV, I don't have a commentator I truly hate. Even Dickie V has a nostalgic flavor, though I can only handle so much. I don't get really fired up over styles...I get more insanely angry when the commentators miss something important or tell me the opposite from what we have just seen on replay happened. But most of the game can be watched without much care from me about the commentators. As the list goes, Walton and Lavin are somewhat better than middle for me.
gumby

Post by gumby »

I'm not upset, angry or indignant. Just something I've heard while listening.

Personally, I think they ALL talk too much. Don't need every possession broken down or all the airspace filled. I'm fine with ambient sounds of the arena (of course, that can be a problem in Pullman, when only 3 grand show up) from time to time.
97cats

Post by 97cats »

Olsondogg wrote: bilas is my guy for that...even with this rants against the NCAA over the past few years
i used to love Bilas too, and youre right, his knowledge overall is terrific -- but something has happened over the last few years where he comes off at times like an pompous prick and its rubbed me the wrong way.

in his defense, im sure thats more my sensitivity (as i can be too sensitive sometimes) than him thinking the sun shines out his ass.
97cats

Post by 97cats »

EVCat wrote: Now that Jimmy Dykes is never on my TV, I don't have a commentator I truly hate.
wurd -- although Dan Dakich is that guy for me
gumby

Post by gumby »

97cats wrote:
Olsondogg wrote: bilas is my guy for that...even with this rants against the NCAA over the past few years
i used to love Bilas too, and youre right, his knowledge overall is terrific -- but something has happened over the last few years where he comes off at times like an pompous prick and its rubbed me the wrong way.

in his defense, im sure thats more my sensitivity (as i can be too sensitive sometimes) than him thinking the sun shines out his ass.
I think he has gotten more full of himself. And that "94 Feet" schtick if sooooo hokey.
gumby

Post by gumby »

97cats wrote:
EVCat wrote: Now that Jimmy Dykes is never on my TV, I don't have a commentator I truly hate.
wurd -- although Dan Dakich is that guy for me
Same wavelength.
97cats

Post by 97cats »

gumby wrote: Same wavelength.
i will take that compliment!
EOCT

Post by EOCT »

gumby wrote:Now that I've noticed and recognized this, it's making me bonkers, crazy, cuckoo. But Lavin, Lav, Lavster is a human thesaurus or synonym finder. A guy just can't score near the hoop, he's down low, in the paint, taking the zero footer. His announcing, commentating is replete or filled with multiple or more than one way to say, exclaim and point out the same or identical thing.

I may need treatment, meds or some elixir to handle or deal with this. Bottom line and in conclusion, make him stop, cease and/or desist.
Interesting reaction to the Lavorino.

Guy's really down on the micro, the concrete little stuff I think you people :D are trying to teach us.

I like Lavman's word pictures. I should realize, though, it's kind of a syn to keep describing almost the same thing with new words.
gumby

Post by gumby »

"Watch how he dips his shoulder into the chest or sternum."
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

Lmao I caught that too
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

I want Lav on all Arizona broadcasts.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
CBCat

Post by CBCat »

completely agree on both takes 97. I literally cannot listen/watch a game Dakitch does and Bilas just isn't Bilas anymore which sucks because coming up he was the best thrown out there.
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

I don't hate lavin nearly as much as Dakish. He is the worst. I think Bilas is the same guy he's always been, and I like him for what he is. I used to love Kerr on color, and Raftery is one of my all time favs. (Still remember is "Michael Wright" voice cramming that name altogether).

Lavin speaks exactly the way that Gumby details. If you read that, you'll notice it every time.