Remind me again why we chose Simon over Dorsey??

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

PennZona20

Remind me again why we chose Simon over Dorsey??

Post by PennZona20 »

I know u guys are gonna say greater upside and better team guy but he seems to fit in perfect on Oregon who has other chuckers.

Don't give me the Trier and him are same type of players cuz so are Brooks and Dorsey.
Spaceman Spiff

Re: Remind me again why we chose Simon over Dorsey??

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Sorry man, but I'm not in the mood for rational discussion right now.
JMarkJohns

Post by JMarkJohns »

PennZona20 wrote:I know u guys are gonna say greater upside and better team guy but he seems to fit in perfect on Oregon who has other chuckers.

Don't give me the Trier and him are same type of players cuz so are Brooks and Dorsey.
Because it was Dorsey or Trier/Smith/Simon

He was Nigel Williams-Goss. Other recruits viewed him as toxic.

Yeah, he looks good now. I remember when NWG was real good too. Washington has yet to recover from the lack of incoming talent and departing transfers from taking him in the first place.

Maybe Dorsey ends up differently here.

Or maybe not.

Not Miller's fault Smith hasn't contributed yet to make this look smarter.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

I'd be surprised if we get out of the first weekend.
AZCatGirl

Post by AZCatGirl »

CalStateTempe wrote:I'd be surprised if we get out of the first weekend.
Oregon is a 2 seed at worst. We should be able to get through the 1st weekend.
“The reality is that the hardest games to win are over teams on their home court. Teams that don’t play those games can spin it however they want, but what they’re saying is, ‘We don’t want to lose in our non conference season.’" - Sean Miller
3goggles

Post by 3goggles »

Really we barely lose to a possible 1 seed
legallykenny

Post by legallykenny »

We are 3 and 7 I think against the RPI top 50. We could easily be one and done.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Imma gonna be really pissed if any coach not named Miller gets to a FF before Miller.

Next season better bring back the defense we've come accustomed too in previous years.

Probably not the best thread for all this, but end of the half was a dog shit stretch
AZCatGirl

Post by AZCatGirl »

CalStateTempe wrote:Imma gonna be really pissed if any coach not named Miller gets to a FF before Miller.

Next season better bring back the defense we've come accustomed too in previous years.

Probably not the best thread for all this, but end of the half was a dog shit stretch
This. Good job by Oregon this season, but if they make the FF I'm going to break something. I don't want any Pac team to make it before us.
“The reality is that the hardest games to win are over teams on their home court. Teams that don’t play those games can spin it however they want, but what they’re saying is, ‘We don’t want to lose in our non conference season.’" - Sean Miller
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

We certainly could have made it harder for them to do that by winning tonight. Or not fumbling the W they handed us.

We lost a close one to a 2 seed, I get it, but Oregon had a key guy injured in the second. Oregon clanked free throw after free throw down the stretch. That was more of a case of a 2 seed allowing the game to get that close than us giving them a hard fought game.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

We chose Smith/Trier/Simon over Dorsey. We didn't get to reap the benefits of Smith for you to feel better about the trade off.
PennZona20

Post by PennZona20 »

If that's true than it was obv the only choice. But it sounds like revisionist history. I knew Simons camp didn't want to play w him, and Dorsey is def a little cocky, but he's a baller on the court and just cuz u have a little momo jones in u doesn't make u toxic.

Seems to get along well w Oregon players.

Kind of just venting a little as our team is so frustrating.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

PennZona20 wrote:If that's true than it was obv the only choice. But it sounds like revisionist history. I knew Simons camp didn't want to play w him, and Dorsey is def a little cocky, but he's a baller on the court and just cuz u have a little momo jones in u doesn't make u toxic.

It can't be revisionist history when it's been the story all along.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
KaibabKat

Post by KaibabKat »

Better question in my mind is why did we go after Zach Peters instead of Elgin Cook when both were available at the exact same time.
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

Oregon is clearly the better team this year. Let's move on. We're an average to below average defensive team, and they're an above average offensive team. We've seen how this match up plays out twice this year, and both times the same outcome.

Props to OR. They've been the best team in the Pac all year, and I love their chances of reaching the FF.

As for AZ, we're likely going to see a team like Duke or UK or Indiana or Texas A&M in the second round, provided we get there. I say bring it on. It's wonderful to play a highly ranked team in the tourney, and I think our guys will make us proud, even in defeat like yesterday.

On to the Dance!
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

Chicat wrote:
PennZona20 wrote:If that's true than it was obv the only choice. But it sounds like revisionist history. I knew Simons camp didn't want to play w him, and Dorsey is def a little cocky, but he's a baller on the court and just cuz u have a little momo jones in u doesn't make u toxic.

It can't be revisionist history when it's been the story all along.
Dorsey and Trier couldn't coexist so that's 1, yes Simon didn't like Dorsey so that's 2, Smith played with Dorsey on Dream Vision and guess what? He didn't like playing with him.

0 for 3.

We took 3 at the expense of 1. Simon is a project, Trier has pulled his weight, and we just missed out on having Smith contribute this year who would have been the difference for us in all 8 of our losses honestly. Any more questions? Look if we have all 3 back next year and all 3 contribute we would win this trade off 10000000 times over. Would have won it this year if Smith was healthy.
PennZona20

Post by PennZona20 »

Fair enough. Hope Trier stays, Simon develops, and Smith recovers and it will looks like the obvious right choice.
Bangkok Wildcat

Post by Bangkok Wildcat »

PennZona20 wrote:Fair enough. Hope Trier stays, Simon develops, and Smith recovers and it will looks like the obvious right choice.
Me too.....I think Zo leaving would be foolish as he's clearly not ready yet.....Really hope Smith bounces back and kicks butt......Simon staying will be a real test of character and intelligence IMHO.
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

Look, Trier and Dorsey are pretty much a wash this year. Zo scores a little more and is more efficient offensively. Dorsey shoots a higher percentage from deep, gives you an extra board and assist per 100 possessions. Pick your poison, its a wash. Who do u think is the harder worker, better teammate and projects a quality Arizona image better?

So you get Simon, who has an extremely high ceiling and a potential lottery pick in Smith down the road. Even in hindsight we come out 100x more ahead. Silly.
The Goat

Post by The Goat »

The way people talk you would think Dorsey won that game playing 1 v 5. Trade Trier for Dorsey and Oregon still wins most of the matchups against this team.
splitsecond

Post by splitsecond »

Who gives a shit. We have the militia coming in next year. Dorsey will be long forgotten.