Allonzo Trier

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

Spaceman Spiff

Re: Allonzo Trier

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

CalStateTempe wrote:
FightWildcatsFight wrote:
Thats too bad.
Putting in for the draft is probably expected. Whether or not he stays in would be the big deal. All due respect to JMJ, I'm not 100% why he'd want to go if he's a guaranteed second round to UDFA, which is about where he currently projects.

I don't fall into the usual thing of pumping college as the only place to develop, but he certainly can develop if he stays. Another year or two, he'll still be at worst a 2nd rounder. Delaying a D League payday is not a huge thing.

If I was Zo (and I obviously have no impact on him) I'd see what grade he gets in a big way.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

No harm with the new rules.
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

If he goes, he goes.

But why can't we wait until the season is over?
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
Coop Cat

Post by Coop Cat »

Chad Ford put out his updated Top 100 Draft Prospect list today, Trier is #69
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

With the new rules no harm in getting feedback every year on what you need to work on from the NBA.

Of course he needs to get invited first.

Maybe he just hates school. Some people just don't like college.

Ryan Kelapire
@RKelapireUA
Editor of SB Nation's @AZDesertSwarm | Writer for the @DailyWildcat |
HiCat

Post by HiCat »

AT should come back for another year. Injury didn't help him. Would benefit
a ton if he played with the incoming class. FF maybe
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Merkin wrote:With the new rules no harm in getting feedback every year on what you need to work on from the NBA.

Ryan Kelapire
@RKelapireUA
You know, I have no inside info, but it's odd to me that JJ's decision is always contingent on dudes who don't play his position.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

I don't think JJ fears anyone for playing time.

But I'm not a sports reporter.
SCCats

Post by SCCats »

Merkin wrote:But I'm not a sports reporter.
If you were you'd have to constantly make up stuff that often times doesn't make any sense (see Spaceman's comment right above) to justify how you are supposedly a value add.
dirtbags

Post by dirtbags »

right on, @merk. that's the least of JJ's concerns for sure.
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

Merkin wrote:With the new rules no harm in getting feedback every year on what you need to work on from the NBA.

Ryan Kelapire
@RKelapireUA
I heard a cat on my doorstep one night that sounded just like a crying baby. Didn't mean there was an infant on my doorstep...
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

Ryan Kelapire
@RKelapireUA
This makes no sense. I'm starting to think JJ is ours.
dcZONAfan

Post by dcZONAfan »

Beachcat97 wrote: This makes no sense. I'm starting to think JJ is ours.
You make no sense. One week you think we aren't getting JJ. Then literally NOTHING happens and you think we are getting him. Your life must be one wild ride, my friend.
TucsonClip

Post by TucsonClip »

Spacing is going to be a big boost for his potential at the next level. My problem is that hes strictly a 2 guard, doesnt have elite size, length or athleticism, and he isnt going to create much for other players (at least based on his role here).

There was 0 chance Trier wasnt going to declare and test the waters. He has plenty of time to make a decision after attending a few workouts and see what the feedback is. He's a 2nd round pick right now IMO, but I like his prospects at the next level, especially if his defense keeps improving.
"Plus, why would I go to the NBA? Duke players suck in the pros."

-Shane Battier
Gladiator Cat

Post by Gladiator Cat »

If Allonzo is truly going to enter the draft this year, and it appears that will happen, then he had better embrace the reality of playing extensively in the D-League or entertaining an overseas options initially.

I would be stunned if he made a NBA teams final roster cut, and I'm sure I'm in minority with that thought process.

This is not to say he won't ultimately end up in the NBA.

Everyone must follow their dreams, so I wish him well on his journey.
Bangkok Wildcat

Post by Bangkok Wildcat »

CalStateTempe wrote:Could be a great for cats fans but instead would rather be a forgotten member during a brief pit stop.
EXACTLY, well-said CalStateTempe......even more so than Stanley and Aaron :-(......at least those studs went lottery!
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Bangkok Wildcat wrote:
CalStateTempe wrote:Could be a great for cats fans but instead would rather be a forgotten member during a brief pit stop.
EXACTLY, well-said CalStateTempe......even more so than Stanley and Aaron :-(......at least those studs went lottery!

Maybe I haven't been able to watch games as in depth as last season (having a 16-19mo will do that), but AT didn't quite seem to be the game changer we all hoped for.

Granted the injury right as he was getting hot is a factor as well as probably a reason for going to the L now, but I subjectively have less memories about AT relative to SJ and AG. For now, he seems more like a GJ type player for me. We can all see his potential and hope that he makes the right decisions to realize that potential.

Caveat: I could be totally wrong on the above. Here's to him blowing up in the tourney
SCCats

Post by SCCats »

Bangkok Wildcat wrote:EXACTLY, well-said CalStateTempe......even more so than Stanley and Aaron :-(......at least those studs went lottery!
They also both brought us a PAC regular season title.

Others accomplishments, as of now, are quite thin. Like as thin as can be.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

SCCats wrote:
Bangkok Wildcat wrote:EXACTLY, well-said CalStateTempe......even more so than Stanley and Aaron :-(......at least those studs went lottery!
They also both brought us a PAC regular season title.

Others accomplishments, as of now, are quite thin. Like as thin as can be.
SCC saw the post you made earlier about passing on those ranked 15-35, been thinking a lot about that today, and I believe you are on to something.
dmjcat

Post by dmjcat »

If Trier feels its time to go thats his decision to make. I just don't want his decision to manifest itself as
an NBA "audition" during the tournament. I could be wrong, but I got the distinct impression in Vegas that Trier
was already auditioning during the Oregon game. I watched Miller yank him in the 2nd half after he drove to the basket
against 3 defenders with open team-mates sitting at the 3 point line.

Personally, its getting harder each year to cheer for the steady stream of one and dones knowing that they view the UA as a pit-stop on their way to the league. The NBA has thoroughly screwed up college basketball.
Bangkok Wildcat

Post by Bangkok Wildcat »

dmjcat wrote:
Personally, its getting harder each year to cheer for the steady stream of one and dones knowing that they view the UA as a pit-stop on their way to the league. The NBA has thoroughly screwed up college basketball.
No kidding, well-said dmjcat.....the NBA allowing OND has really devastated the college game IMHO......makes it so hard to get excited about the top incoming players when you're already worried they will leave after one year.

I know we must have the ONDs but I have a hard time being excited to follow their NBA careers.....Bayless, Gordon, Stanley, etc......I understand them and want them to succeed but i love the 3 year and more UA players! Hell, I'd be happy with 2 year players these days ala RHJ.

I think the NBA, certainly the NCAA, would be so much better off with some sort of rule that if you go to college, a 2 year minimum is required.....
Harvey Specter

Post by Harvey Specter »

Whatever decision he makes, I hope it works out for him...

I think he has a chance to be a very good college player, and I think he could have a decent career in the NBA. But I do not see him as a combo guard at the next level in any way - and I sure don't see him as the next Chauncey Billups.
threenumberones

Post by threenumberones »

Harvey Specter wrote:Whatever decision he makes, I hope it works out for him...

I think he has a chance to be a very good college player, and I think he could have a decent career in the NBA. But I do not see him as a combo guard at the next level in any way - and I sure don't see him as the next Chauncey Billups.
Yea. He's a project right now and his physical upside isn't enough to justify a draft pick. Needs a year (or two) to establish his perimeter game and ability as a ball handler.
PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

Bangkok Wildcat wrote: I think the NBA, certainly the NCAA, would be so much better off with some sort of rule that if you go to college, a 2 year minimum is required.....
I think the nba should have the same rule as mlb
It's long past time to bring this back to the court, let's do it with a small update:

Merkin

Post by Merkin »

PieceOfMeat wrote:
Bangkok Wildcat wrote: I think the NBA, certainly the NCAA, would be so much better off with some sort of rule that if you go to college, a 2 year minimum is required.....
I think the nba should have the same rule as mlb
NBA needs to develop a better minor league system then. But tend to agree, some athletes like all people just aren't ready for college and never will be.

But you will never get elite players to stay 3 years. They will just head to Europe until their time comes to be drafted.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

I would rather watch guys that want to be in college but I agree if they don't want to go they should have alternatives. Just hate, hate, Hate the roster turnover every year
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

azcat49 wrote:I would rather watch guys that want to be in college but I agree if they don't want to go they should have alternatives. Just hate, hate, Hate the roster turnover every year
I agree with you there. It's nice to cheer for a guy longer than a cup of coffee. However, a kid shouldn't be denied a career if it's available to him just because he doesn't want to go to college
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

azgreg wrote:
azcat49 wrote:I would rather watch guys that want to be in college but I agree if they don't want to go they should have alternatives. Just hate, hate, Hate the roster turnover every year
I agree with you there. It's nice to cheer for a guy longer than a cup of coffee. However, a kid shouldn't be denied a career if it's available to him just because he doesn't want to go to college
I'm sure azcat49 and other old timers remember this, but you had to file for a financial hardship to the NBA in order to leave college early. I think Eric Money did this when ready to leave Arizona. But then everyone started filing and getting approved, so they dropped it.
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

CalStateTempe wrote:
Bangkok Wildcat wrote:
Maybe I haven't been able to watch games as in depth as last season (having a 16-19mo will do that), but AT didn't quite seem to be the game changer we all hoped for.
Granted the injury right as he was getting hot is a factor as well as probably a reason for going to the L now, but I subjectively have less memories about AT relative to SJ and AG. For now, he seems more like a GJ type player for me. We can all see his potential and hope that he makes the right decisions to realize that potential.
I think some people here are selling Zo a little short. Got off to a slower start, but Bradley 22 points (4-5); Boise State 13 (4-7) were nice games.
-Then he goes on this run, these are 10 straight games: Boise State 13 points (5-6); Gonzaga 14 (6-9); Fresno St 27 (8-11); Missouri 15 (5-7), NAU 11 (4-10), UNLV 15 (5-12), LBSU 20 (5-9), ASU 20 (6-10), UCLA 13 (4-10), USC (finished w broken hand) 25 (10-19). All double digits, almost all were efficient to downright crazy efficient. He and Gabe were responsible for the Gonzaga win, he carried us against ASU and USC.
- Hurts his shooting hand. Loses the rhythm he had, I mean, he was on a roll. All that completely separate from the setbacks a shooting hand injury will give you. And since returning, he has since given us eight more double digit scoring nights (20 for the year). The efficiency is nowhere near where it was, but its understandable that took a hit based on the injury. Some highlights since his return: ASU 20 points (5-11), HUGE game at Utah 23 (8-17), Colorado tourney game 23 (6-11) and Oregon 16 (5-10).

And in terms of game changer, offensively Trier (15 ppg 47%) has given us as much as Stanley (13.8 44%) on a less talented team. Obviously Stanley takes the cake as a better all around player, defense especially, but we knew Trier was a SCORER before the season started. If not for that injury, are there any doubts Trier isnt close to a 17ppg and 50% guy? And Gordon was huge defensively and rebounding wise, he averaged 12.4 on 49.5% shooting. Trier has had a bigger impact OFFENSIVELY than Gordon. But then again we are comparing a projected 2nd rounder (right now) to very very special lottery picks. Two guys who easily rank as one of the best 4 of 5 incoming freshman prospects in program history.
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

And u guys dont want the same rules as MLB, for many reasons. For one, it would require a complete makeover of the D-league. Multiple skill levels, probably would need at least 1 or 2 additional levels. It would ruin college basketball. Think about it, in baseball you go D1 and stay 3 years, JUCO and can leave after 1 or 2, or go straight out of high school. Which are the two most attractive options for the basketball player? I'm going to tread very lightly here and don't want to insult by speaking in absolutes, but typically baseball and basketball are comprised of two entirely different demographics. The average American baseball player is white, from middle to upper middle class background with two college educated parents. The average American basketball player is black, placed at a big disadvantage in the country solely based on their skin color, more likely to come from a single parent home, more likely to come from an impoverished background and live in the inner city, and the importance of education may be lower based on the typically poor educations provided in lower-income/urban schools. $30,000 to the baseball player may not be the same to the basketball player. Again, not trying to stereotype here by any means, but one demographic is likelier to have things much easier as a teen than the other. Which leads me to my guess:

Go out of high school or go Juco for a year, maybe 2. How many JUCO games do u see on TV? How many minor league baseball/D-League games do you see on TV? So essentially, you are going to have a large number of prospects that you will not see for a year, maybe two, maybe more. These are guys who wont be coming to our school for us to root for, or Duke, or Kentucky, or whoever else. The talent levels in D1 basketball will drop. Most of the best will declare out of high school. The fringe guys who need a year or two to improve may go to a JUCO for the flexibility of leaving early. Some guys may opt to play overseas for bigger money for a year or two and then come back for the NBA. You REALLY have to go out of your way to find anything on baseball prospects by paying for coverage or scouring the little information you can in a google search. Even the best guys fade into obscurity until they make their major league debuts. You guys really want to do that for basketball? Or do you want to be able to cheer them on at Arizona, watch them play Arizona, or flip it on ESPN to catch highlights most nights they play?
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

The one and done rule was allegedly supposed to protect players against going pro straight from HS when they weren't ready. Having an MLB style rule really only exacerbates that, IMO, where a player who might be able to use a year or two thinks he doesn't need three and leaves. There's more incentive to go straight from HS if the other option is a longer term college commitment.

I've always been a fan of letting kids go whenever they want to. Mistakes happen whether it's HS players, freshmen, soph, junior. At least that way, you know a kid is at your school because they want to be on some level as opposed to someone like Ben Simmons, who was at LSU because he had to do a year.
SCCats

Post by SCCats »

2 year minimum unless it can be shown you are a lottery pick out of high school

To "show you are a lottery pick out of high school" the NBA makes a determination as to whether it is 51% or greater (more likely than not) that you will be picked in the lottery.
84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

Steve Jobs would disagree with the 2 year minimum. The NBA is a crap shoot for most players. There are no guarantees in life.
SCCats

Post by SCCats »

Of course there are no guarantees. Of course the NBA is a crap shoot. But the NBA wants to protect it's product; that's what the 1 and done is about but the 2 unless you're lotto might do it even better.
baycat93

Post by baycat93 »

rgdeuce wrote:And u guys dont want the same rules as MLB, for many reasons. For one, it would require a complete makeover of the D-league. Multiple skill levels, probably would need at least 1 or 2 additional levels. It would ruin college basketball. Think about it, in baseball you go D1 and stay 3 years, JUCO and can leave after 1 or 2, or go straight out of high school. Which are the two most attractive options for the basketball player? I'm going to tread very lightly here and don't want to insult by speaking in absolutes, but typically baseball and basketball are comprised of two entirely different demographics. The average American baseball player is white, from middle to upper middle class background with two college educated parents. The average American basketball player is black, placed at a big disadvantage in the country solely based on their skin color, more likely to come from a single parent home, more likely to come from an impoverished background and live in the inner city, and the importance of education may be lower based on the typically poor educations provided in lower-income/urban schools. $30,000 to the baseball player may not be the same to the basketball player. Again, not trying to stereotype here by any means, but one demographic is likelier to have things much easier as a teen than the other. Which leads me to my guess:
This bolded above is the part I am not so sure is true. Especially if it was 2 years instead of the 3 for Baseball. Even the JUCO argument would only apply to a select few.

Certainly there would be some very talented kids that went JUCO or Dleague. However the sheer investment of infrastructure (coaching, facilities, competition) in the College game is a pretty big barrier to entry that the NBA has not shown an interest in making and JUCO's can/will never make.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

SCCats wrote:Of course there are no guarantees. Of course the NBA is a crap shoot. But the NBA wants to protect it's product; that's what the 1 and done is about but the 2 unless you're lotto might do it even better.

Does the NBA realize that it's product is largely crap? The 2 year rule allows for a suitable washout period with less cost for the league. Those the rise to the top get to play among the worlds best and maybe developed some skills for long lasting success rather than relying on pure athletic talent.
dcZONAfan

Post by dcZONAfan »

CalStateTempe wrote:
SCCats wrote:Of course there are no guarantees. Of course the NBA is a crap shoot. But the NBA wants to protect it's product; that's what the 1 and done is about but the 2 unless you're lotto might do it even better.

Does the NBA realize that it's product is largely crap? The 2 year rule allows for a suitable washout period with less cost for the league. Those the rise to the top get to play among the worlds best and maybe developed some skills for long lasting success rather than relying on pure athletic talent.
The NBA hasn't been this good since MJ retired, so.......
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

dcZONAfan wrote:
CalStateTempe wrote:

Meh went to a few games this year (granted it was the kings, but vs the warriors, thunder, and cavs), and catch a few games during the playoffs.

The product is crap. ISO ball vs ISO ball, just players trying to overpower each other, no real team ball, no strategy.

The spurs are the closest to the team concept of basketball. Like MJs bulls and kobes lakers that stems from the coach down.

Just because it's popular doesn't mean it's good.

Get off my lawn. :)
84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

The best team is coached by Kerr who played under Lute, Jackson & Popovich. Pretty good pedigree if you ask me. The Warriors are a lot of fun to watch. Spurs aren't bad either. I can't wait for the Western final. Should be a series for the ages.
legallykenny

Post by legallykenny »

CalStateTempe wrote:
dcZONAfan wrote:
CalStateTempe wrote:

Meh went to a few games this year (granted it was the kings, but vs the warriors, thunder, and cavs), and catch a few games during the playoffs.

The product is crap. ISO ball vs ISO ball, just players trying to overpower each other, no real team ball, no strategy.

The spurs are the closest to the team concept of basketball. Like MJs bulls and kobes lakers that stems from the coach down.

Just because it's popular doesn't mean it's good.

Get off my lawn. :)
There are a few teams that are worth watching.

The league's biggest problem though is that most games are utterly meaningless. The players simply don't play very hard for the first three quarters of most games.
dirtbags

Post by dirtbags »

the nfl's draft system might be a more aspirational model than the mlb's, and it's not like there are any legal or antitrust barriers to implementing the same -- see sonia sotomayor's opinion on the nfl v. clarett appeal. unfortunately, basketball actually has a number of viable development alternatives for potential players, unlike football's single-farm system. and as i understand it, the players' union would likely oppose raising the first-year entry requirement, which is kind of weird to me, though i don't follow pro sports and am probably missing out on something. is it just a bargaining chip in the PA's back pocket?

the other thing about going the mlb route with a deep ($$$) farm system infrastructure is that the nba draft, one of the league's biggest events, would probably lose a lot of its luster.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

I forgot about Kerr's warriors. Yes for sure one of the best teams in the NBA right now.
billk78

Post by billk78 »

Putting aside my obvious bias of being a wildcat fan for a sec.....

I don't see how Trier would benefit from going pro after this year. There are so many kids playing one year of college ball and jumping at the opportunity to get drafted. The majority of them end up in the D league or over in Europe. Why not just continue to develop your game under a coach like Miller while getting your education and competing for a National Championship?

I wish we were able to put some sort of honest program in place to provide these student athletes with some type of counselor/middle man who has nether the college or the NBA's interest at stake. They need better advice. I feel like we are seeing too many careers end early or wasted talent because they aren;t staying long enough to develop.

And this is throughout the entire NCAA, not just here at Zona. Very rarely do you see a one-and-done guy anymore go to the NBA and make an immediate impact. It's just so rare.

Could Derrick Williams and Stanley Johnson have benefitted from one more year at Arizona? I absolutely think so.
Jefe

Post by Jefe »

rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

baycat93 wrote:
rgdeuce wrote:And u guys dont want the same rules as MLB, for many reasons. For one, it would require a complete makeover of the D-league. Multiple skill levels, probably would need at least 1 or 2 additional levels. It would ruin college basketball. Think about it, in baseball you go D1 and stay 3 years, JUCO and can leave after 1 or 2, or go straight out of high school. Which are the two most attractive options for the basketball player? I'm going to tread very lightly here and don't want to insult by speaking in absolutes, but typically baseball and basketball are comprised of two entirely different demographics. The average American baseball player is white, from middle to upper middle class background with two college educated parents. The average American basketball player is black, placed at a big disadvantage in the country solely based on their skin color, more likely to come from a single parent home, more likely to come from an impoverished background and live in the inner city, and the importance of education may be lower based on the typically poor educations provided in lower-income/urban schools. $30,000 to the baseball player may not be the same to the basketball player. Again, not trying to stereotype here by any means, but one demographic is likelier to have things much easier as a teen than the other. Which leads me to my guess:
This bolded above is the part I am not so sure is true. Especially if it was 2 years instead of the 3 for Baseball. Even the JUCO argument would only apply to a select few.

Certainly there would be some very talented kids that went JUCO or Dleague. However the sheer investment of infrastructure (coaching, facilities, competition) in the College game is a pretty big barrier to entry that the NBA has not shown an interest in making and JUCO's can/will never make.
As someone that played juco baseball in Arizona, I wouldnt be so sure. Here's a list of guys I played with or against who actually played on a MLB team and what route they went. I know ive missed a few but u will get the general idea.
Straight out of HS: JJ Hardy, Tom Wilhelmsen, Chris Duncan (3)
JUCO: Scott Hairston, Sergio Romo, Ian Kinsler, Rich Harden, Andre Ethier, Tim Wood, Dallas Braden, Doug Mathis, Mel Stocker, Chris Saenz, Matt Pagnozzi (11)
D1: Shelley Duncan, Brian Anderson, Jamie Vermilyea (3)

Now, some of those JUCO guys ended up going D1 after two years of JUCO ball, which is very common. Keep playing til you get into better draft position. Some guys get drafted and the teams retain their rights until the next draft. But of that list, there isnt a single guy who wasnt a D1 talent out of high school. And im talking Pac 12/SEC/Big 12/ACC talent. I played against a few teams that would beat more than half of the NCAA teams. Those guys made those decisions with the draft in mind. And if we are talking about guys I played with/against who flamed out in AAA, or the minors in general, multiply that list by 6 or 7. And the distribution goes even heavier into JUCO guys. And no, Basketball wont get that drastic that fast, but over time that is what you will see, especially when u consider there is almost absolutely no market for baseball players to go overseas until their careers in American baseball flame out. And if you know baseball, which of the three has the big names in it?

A lot of kids want the least amount of school possible while pursuing their pro dreams. Many dont care about playing for an ex pro or established college name as much as they care about this. The best coaches and systems are still in D1 college baseball.
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

I agree w dirtbags that the football model is far better than baseballs. Maybe three isnt needed, but make it two years and call it a day. Hell, im even fine w just the one. Baseball you are asking for it.
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

billk78 wrote:Putting aside my obvious bias of being a wildcat fan for a sec.....

I don't see how Trier would benefit from going pro after this year. There are so many kids playing one year of college ball and jumping at the opportunity to get drafted. The majority of them end up in the D league or over in Europe. Why not just continue to develop your game under a coach like Miller while getting your education and competing for a National Championship?

I wish we were able to put some sort of honest program in place to provide these student athletes with some type of counselor/middle man who has nether the college or the NBA's interest at stake. They need better advice. I feel like we are seeing too many careers end early or wasted talent because they aren;t staying long enough to develop.

And this is throughout the entire NCAA, not just here at Zona. Very rarely do you see a one-and-done guy anymore go to the NBA and make an immediate impact. It's just so rare.

Could Derrick Williams and Stanley Johnson have benefitted from one more year at Arizona? I absolutely think so.
How would have Derrick and Stanley benefitted? Derrick was the second pick and hes set for life. Hes not the second pick in many other drafts. Stanley is already one of the pistons best defenders and gets a lot of PT. Gordon is starting in year two. Rondae was starting in year one. Ultimately, these Arizona guys have made the right decisions with a couple of exceptions. They have different goals and want to take differebt paths to get there, not everyone is the same.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

rgdeuce wrote:
billk78 wrote:Putting aside my obvious bias of being a wildcat fan for a sec.....

How would have Derrick and Stanley benefitted? Derrick was the second pick and hes set for life. Hes not the second pick in many other drafts. Stanley is already one of the pistons best defenders and gets a lot of PT. Gordon is starting in year two. Rondae was starting in year one. Ultimately, these Arizona guys have made the right decisions with a couple of exceptions. They have different goals and want to take differebt paths to get there, not everyone is the same.
It's also not really rare for a one and done to make an impact. 5 of the last 8 rookie of the years have been one and dones, and Karl-Anthony is gonna make it 6 of 9 this year.
billk78

Post by billk78 »

Still think Trier is ready? He was awful tonight. Okay, so he will collect a check and ride the pine for a few years. But if he leaves Arizona and goes out like this he's one of the worst one-and-done's we have ever had.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Haha, stay in school kid. JJ will show what it means to WANT to win, just like in the U19's
Last edited by azcat49 on Thu Mar 17, 2016 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion