Terrance Ferguson

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

az91

Re: Terrance Ferguson

Post by az91 »

3goggles wrote:Damn it's hard to believe and the leaf decommitment we were hoping for JJ, Andrew Jones, some kid from Seattle I can't remember and Markus Howard and then to end up with 4 5 star kids and very athletic kids. Wow Miller is witch
We were hoping for Mitch Lightfoot at one point too. It has been an interesting ride to say the least.
TheGreatCatsby

Post by TheGreatCatsby »

az91 wrote:
3goggles wrote:Damn it's hard to believe and the leaf decommitment we were hoping for JJ, Andrew Jones, some kid from Seattle I can't remember and Markus Howard and then to end up with 4 5 star kids and very athletic kids. Wow Miller is witch
We were hoping for Mitch Lightfoot at one point too. It has been an interesting ride to say the least.
Can't really blame us though, Mitch Lightfoot IS an amazing name after all.
RichardCranium

Post by RichardCranium »

TheGreatCatsby wrote:Can't really blame us though, Mitch Lightfoot IS an amazing name after all.
Meh.

Chance Comanche is way better.
Any sufficiently advanced troll is indistinguishable from a genuine kook.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Catintheheat wrote:
Spaceman Spiff wrote:Welcome aboard Ferguson!

Simmons, Alkins and Ferguson is a ridiculous haul on the perimeter. We're gonna be able to do some things from the outside and in transition next year.
Add Trier to the mix and we will be crazy good.
Trier/Alkins and Smith/Ferguson is a 2 deep of 5 stars with huge potential. We can Make America Great Again without any Donald Trump.
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

Miller is a witch. Unreal. When I have some time this week im going to stroll through the posts from last fall and winter just to laugh at how much people were freaking out. This turned out to be his best class too :lol:
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

rgdeuce wrote:Miller is a witch. Unreal. When I have some time this week im going to stroll through the posts from last fall and winter just to laugh at how much people were freaking out. This turned out to be his best class too :lol:
Heck...even LM, JJ, and KS would've been in the running for his best class. The final product exceeds what we were expecting.

Can't wait to see this team in action.
gumby

Post by gumby »

Forgot we didn't get Lightfoot. Dammit!
Right where I want to be.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

gumby wrote:Forgot we didn't get Lightfoot. Dammit!
He was the key to getting Jackson too! Dammit!
HiCat

Post by HiCat »

Instant chemistry... ;)

Terrance Ferguson brings permiter threat to Arizona men's basketball

Justin Spears | Published 04/15/16 9:00am | Updated 04/15/16 9:33am

Ferguson’s reason was solely Sean Miller and the run-and-gun pace that he enforces. Ferguson is a system player and his ability to get in the lane defensively with his length and a quick shooting trigger is different. He is a unique athlete and...

Ferguson will undoubtedly appear raw at some points throughout the season, but he will also play like a veteran. His future teammates and five-star All-Americans Kobi Simmons and Rawle Alkins are also familiar, according to Ferguson.

Related: Terrance Ferguson's commitment to Arizona gives Point Guard U a new dynamic, Wing U.

“I’ve known Rawle and Kobi for a while now, probably since freshman year at different camps,” Ferguson said. “Me, Kobi and Rawle have been talking about [playing together] for a while and they recruited me heavy.”

http://www.wildcat.arizona.edu/article/ ... basketball" target="_blank
HibachiZero

Post by HibachiZero »

thanks for posting this. I love it! Very excited for next year's team.
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

So much firepower next year. Just hope CSM can find the right lineup strategies. And please stay healthy!
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Sean Miller and the run-and-gun pace that he enforces

Don't think the author really knows what the run and gun offense is.
gumby

Post by gumby »

Merkin wrote:Sean Miller and the run-and-gun pace that he enforces

Don't think the author really knows what the run and gun offense is.
Kids today. Thought the same thing.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

Even grown-up writers and commentators refer to the fast "up-and-down" style at Arizona. I think it takes a long, long time to forget an earlier era. But strangely, last season they were referring to Arizona's "stingy" defense as well. We thought it was plain to see how free-spending Anderson, Tollefsen, and York were most of the time, and even Allen bought rounds of buckets for the other team upon receipt of a screen.
gumby

Post by gumby »

Yep. Far too many happy hours for opponents on O.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

gumby wrote:Yep. Far too many happy hours for opponents on O.
Milk and cookies
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
HiCat

Post by HiCat »

Terrance Ferguson Interview
By Evan_Tomes
Tue, 04/19/2016 - 5:08pm

NBADraft.net's Evan Tomes recently caught up with Terrance Ferguson at the McDonald’s All American Game. Once committed to Alabama, the high flyer recently committed to Arizona. His tremendous shooting was on display at the Nike Hoop Summit as he set a new record for threes (7-of-11) in a game. Here’s what he had to say in Chicago.

http://www.nbadraft.net/terrance-ferguson-interview" target="_blank
splitsecond

Post by splitsecond »

lol run and gun
HiCat

Post by HiCat »

Terrance Ferguson received an in-home visit from UA coaches. LOI rules stipulate that he can't sign while they were there, though he is still expected to at some point.
April 21, 2016

http://tucson.com/sports/arizonawildcat ... 634ca.html" target="_blank
Puerco

Post by Puerco »

HiCat wrote:Terrance Ferguson Interview
By Evan_Tomes
Tue, 04/19/2016 - 5:08pm

NBADraft.net's Evan Tomes recently caught up with Terrance Ferguson at the McDonald’s All American Game. Once committed to Alabama, the high flyer recently committed to Arizona. His tremendous shooting was on display at the Nike Hoop Summit as he set a new record for threes (7-of-11) in a game. Here’s what he had to say in Chicago.

http://www.nbadraft.net/terrance-ferguson-interview" target="_blank
There's a lot of great stuff in there. Love this kid. Thanks HiCat.
NBADraft.net: What’s the main thing you want to add to your game or work on before you go to college?
Terrance Ferguson: Definitely a one-two dribble pull up and definitely my passing ability because I don’t want to be a ball hog at all. I want to find players and just make other players better.

NBADraft.net: How was playing on The Grind Session it its first season?
Terrance Ferguson: It was pretty good, like I said Josh Jackson was there, he was one of the best players I faced. I probably faced him two times a year; that’s sophomore, junior, and I played him two times this year also so I’ve been playing against Josh for a while now and he really helped me out a lot. He helped me get where I am, helped me get the mindset defensively, just to stop one of the best players. He really helped me out a lot.

NBADraft.net: Have any of these players tried to recruit you?
Terrance Ferguson: A lot, but Kobi (Simmons) has been on me the most, everywhere I turn, Kobi’s there. I was surprised he’s not here right now, that’s why I started looking around, I was surprised he’s not here because Kobi’s always on me about just “bear down, bear down, bear down”. “OK Kobi just let me think, just let me relax real quick”. But yeah, Kobi is.

NBADraft.net: Where do you see yourself five years from now?
Terrance Ferguson: I see myself just taking care of my family, giving back to my community because those are the people that got me here into this situation so I would love to give back one day. Whether that’s playing in the NBA or overseas just professional basketball period.
'A parent is the one person who is supposed to make their kid think they can do anything. Says they're beautiful even when they're ugly. Thinks they're smart even when they go to Arizona State.' -- Jack Donaghy
pokinmik

Post by pokinmik »

Funny quote about Kobi just popping up everywhere haha.
3goggles

Post by 3goggles »

Please go watch the highlights of Terrance Ferguson and Rawle Alkins in the ball is life dunk contest. Holy shit I am excited for next year. Terrance is like a better version of RHJ
HiCat

Post by HiCat »

3goggles wrote:Please go watch the highlights of Terrance Ferguson and Rawle Alkins in the ball is life dunk contest. Holy shit I am excited for next year. Terrance is like a better version of RHJ

T's a high flyer!

Don't know which highlights, but here's one ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UuYFy2TpLck" target="_blank
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

HiCat

Post by HiCat »

Wow!
HibachiZero

Post by HibachiZero »

Red blue game dunk contest is gonna be fun to watch
JMarkJohns

Post by JMarkJohns »

az91 wrote:
I believe you're thinking about Markelle Fultz.

As great as the Simmons/Alkins/Ferguson/Lauri class is, Jones/Fultz/Jackson/Leaf is right there, if not better.

That said, it seems every player coming in has embraced all of Arizona, not just the brand recognition.

Hard to say for Lauri, but the trio of recent commits feel like family, and they embrace the idea. That means more to me than rankings.
az91

Post by az91 »

JMarkJohns wrote:
az91 wrote:
I believe you're thinking about Markelle Fultz.

As great as the Simmons/Alkins/Ferguson/Lauri class is, Jones/Fultz/Jackson/Leaf is right there, if not better.

That said, it seems every player coming in has embraced all of Arizona, not just the brand recognition.

Hard to say for Lauri, but the trio of recent commits feel like family, and they embrace the idea. That means more to me than rankings.
No, I was thinking about Mitch Lightfoot. At one point, some of us at least somewhat wanted him to commit.
gronk4heisman

Post by gronk4heisman »

Did Feguson ever sign? Isn't the last day to sign LOI's approaching?
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

gronk4heisman wrote:Did Feguson ever sign? Isn't the last day to sign LOI's approaching?
Not yet, and he's got until May 18th. May 17th is his birthday, so take that fwiw.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

No requirement to sign the NLI ever. He can just show up first day of classes and sign the athletic financial award offer.

NLIs rarely benefit elite athletes, they only benefit the school.
gronk4heisman

Post by gronk4heisman »

Merkin wrote:No requirement to sign the NLI ever. He can just show up first day of classes and sign the athletic financial award offer.

I am well aware of that, but the last thing I want to happen is him to have a change of heart in the summer and easily change his mind and decide to go to another school.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

gronk4heisman wrote:
Merkin wrote:No requirement to sign the NLI ever. He can just show up first day of classes and sign the athletic financial award offer.

I am well aware of that, but the last thing I want to happen is him to have a change of heart in the summer and easily change his mind and decide to go to another school.
We're fine.
HiCat

Post by HiCat »

2K 8-)

future Arizona Wildcat guard Terrance “2K” Ferguson completed the near-mythic “5-point play dunk”

http://usatodayhss.com/2016/video-terre ... ce-session" target="_blank
RiseAndFire

Post by RiseAndFire »

I like that TF has some personality! Should we be referring to the upcoming 2016/2017 year as "Y2K"?
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

This Y2K may actually happen.

If Ferguson can develop his body and a midrange game, he'll be a monster. The athletic ability, finishing at the rim and shooting 3's is already there.
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

Starting to look like TF could claim a spot on our Mt. Rushmore of dunkers: Hassan, RJ, Iggy, AG, Chase...whom am I forgetting?
baycat93

Post by baycat93 »

Beachcat97 wrote:Starting to look like TF could claim a spot on our Mt. Rushmore of dunkers: Hassan, RJ, Iggy, AG, Chase...whom am I forgetting?
Dwill had a few.

Best in-game for me live was Iggy at CAL right down the middle of the lane.

RJ and Hassan seemed to be the recipients of better passing...ie lob dunks. Maybe just the product of a fading memory.
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

baycat93 wrote:
Beachcat97 wrote:Starting to look like TF could claim a spot on our Mt. Rushmore of dunkers: Hassan, RJ, Iggy, AG, Chase...whom am I forgetting?
Dwill had a few.

Best in-game for me live was Iggy at CAL right down the middle of the lane.

RJ and Hassan seemed to be the recipients of better passing...ie lob dunks. Maybe just the product of a fading memory.
How could I forget D-Will?! RJ and Hassan have to be on any short list. I didn't get to UofA until '95, so I didn't see many of the dunkers in the early/mid Lute years.
gumby

Post by gumby »

Missed Rondae, Geary, Bynum and Anthony Cook.

And Beau Muhlbach ...

Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Sean Elliott gets shorted a bit because he was so good all around, but he could throw them down.

https://youtu.be/JeBuQY2roks" target="_blank

If I don't miss my guess, he kind of posterizes (kind of) Sean Miller right after the 2:40 mark.
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

I wouldn't put Rondae in the same upper tier as RJ, Hassan, and AG. RHJ can fly, but he didn't get as many big dunks as these others. I'd put D-Will over Rondae too.
Airizona

Post by Airizona »

gumby wrote:Missed Rondae, Geary, Bynum and Anthony Cook.

And Beau Muhlbach ...

Beau Muhlbach was my UA player coach at the Lute Olson camp and would show off his dunking ability in front of all the campers. Then the season rolled around and he did this.
Airizona

Post by Airizona »

Beachcat97 wrote:I wouldn't put Rondae in the same upper tier as RJ, Hassan, and AG. RHJ can fly, but he didn't get as many big dunks as these others. I'd put D-Will over Rondae too.
I would. His dunks against NM State and on the 7'6" N'diaye were two of the best dunks in recent memory.
Jefe

Post by Jefe »

gumby

Post by gumby »

gumby

Post by gumby »

Robertas Javotkas, on a 12-foot rim.

HiCat

Post by HiCat »

Jefe wrote:

Damn impressive. TF's going to rock the house at McKale! 8-)
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

Some RHJ dunks in here I forgot about. He was nasty. Trying to do a true Mt. Rushmore (ie: only four) of our best dunkers might be impossible.
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

LOL @ that dance. Hurry up October