Terrance Ferguson

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

SCCats

Re: Terrance Ferguson

Post by SCCats »

Olsondogg wrote:From what I've read, he would have not been a first round pick, nor a 1 and done if he had played in college--his deficiencies would have been exposed. I don't assume anyone is a 1 and done player, ever. Too many factors play into that.
Couple things.

First, as I mentioned my comment wasn't necessarily TF specific.

Second, you understand the player doesn't care about any of the things you just said in the above quoted part? The player has been told (in other parlance, "brainwashed"), from the time he started growing pubes that he's the greatest thing since sliced bread and that he's going to play one year in college and them move on to untold NBA riches. Worst case scenario: he has to work the kinks out in his game for a couple weeks in the D league and then the riches.

I actually think programs are getting themselves into trouble using the thinking in the quote, that "rationality" is going to rule the day.
Main Event

Post by Main Event »

Deuces
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

SCCats wrote:
Olsondogg wrote:From what I've read, he would have not been a first round pick, nor a 1 and done if he had played in college--his deficiencies would have been exposed. I don't assume anyone is a 1 and done player, ever. Too many factors play into that.
Couple things.

First, as I mentioned my comment wasn't necessarily TF specific.

Second, you understand the player doesn't care about any of the things you just said in the above quoted part? The player has been told (in other parlance, "brainwashed"), from the time he started growing pubes that he's the greatest thing since sliced bread and that he's going to play one year in college and them move on to untold NBA riches. Worst case scenario: he has to work the kinks out in his game for a couple weeks in the D league and then the riches.

I actually think programs are getting themselves into trouble using the thinking in the quote, that "rationality" is going to rule the day.
You said that one would have to assume players ranked 1-40 are one and done. I reject that assumption.

Programs are not getting themselves into trouble. If you think Arizona is in trouble cause a player didn't come this year, then I don't know what to tell you. Players will do what is best for themselves, most of the time...which is what my original post that you've cherrypicked from stated.
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
JMarkJohns

Post by JMarkJohns »

Sucks, but Trier, Alkins, Simmons is plenty of scoring. Smith, Lauri, and Chance all contribute up front and we get anything from Ristic, PJC and Allen, this will be a Sweet-16/Elite-8 team with enough talent to make things interesting for a Final 4.

Or, without a PG it will fall apart.

Ferguson wouldn't change either.
SCCats

Post by SCCats »

Olsondogg wrote:You said that one would have to assume players ranked 1-40 are one and done. I reject that assumption.

Programs are not getting themselves into trouble. If you think Arizona is in trouble cause a player didn't come this year, then I don't know what to tell you. Players will do what is best for themselves, most of the time...which is what my original post that you've cherrypicked from stated.
1-30 then?

I guess you and I are going to have to disagree on this.

What I feel like I keep seeing are lots of comments coming from kids that make it seem like they are not really and truly seeing situations for what they really are (or they are truly seeing the situation for what it is and we have not made the mental adjustment). That is the potential brainwashing element. I think programs really need to look at this and either start radically changing assumptions about how long players are going to be around and/or doing lots of work talking with the kid to set up reasonable expectations before they are offered a scholi and/or need to start changing around how/who they are recruiting.

And if they don't take those things into consideration, programs (even great ones like Arizona) can and will find themselves in troubled situations with unbalanced rosters and serious depth issues that can cause them to reach for players that might not then qualify, might end up overseas, etc. thus exacerbating the underlying issues they were attempting to fix.

But I do understand that ignoring it is also an option.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

JMarkJohns wrote:Sucks, but Trier, Alkins, Simmons is plenty of scoring. Smith, Lauri, and Chance all contribute up front and we get anything from Ristic, PJC and Allen, this will be a Sweet-16/Elite-8 team with enough talent to make things interesting for a Final 4.

More talent is always better, but with Allen and Simmons able to play off the ball, we have Smith, Trier, Alkins, Simmons and Allen to be options on the wing. If there was a place we could absorbe the hit, the wing rotation is the place.

I agree that having KS or KA emerge as a legit PG for a contender is and remains priority one.
JMarkJohns

Post by JMarkJohns »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:
JMarkJohns wrote:Sucks, but Trier, Alkins, Simmons is plenty of scoring. Smith, Lauri, and Chance all contribute up front and we get anything from Ristic, PJC and Allen, this will be a Sweet-16/Elite-8 team with enough talent to make things interesting for a Final 4.

More talent is always better, but with Allen and Simmons able to play off the ball, we have Smith, Trier, Alkins, Simmons and Allen to be options on the wing. If there was a place we could absorbe the hit, the wing rotation is the place.

I agree that having KS or KA emerge as a legit PG for a contender is and remains priority one.
We will miss his defense. But likely not his potential NBA audition. Of them, he seems most enamored with making money, so his goal likely would have been shoot a lot.
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

SCCats wrote:
Olsondogg wrote:You said that one would have to assume players ranked 1-40 are one and done. I reject that assumption.

1-30 then?

I guess you and I are going to have to disagree on this.

What I feel like I keep seeing are lots of comments coming from kids that make it seem like they are not really and truly seeing situations for what they really are (or they are truly seeing the situation for what it is and we have not made the mental adjustment). That is the potential brainwashing element. I think programs really need to look at this and either start radically changing assumptions about how long players are going to be around and/or doing lots of work talking with the kid to set up reasonable expectations before they are offered a scholi and/or need to start changing around how/who they are recruiting.

And if they don't take those things into consideration, programs (even great ones like Arizona) can and will find themselves in troubled situations with unbalanced rosters and serious depth issues that can cause them to reach for players that might not then qualify, might end up overseas, etc. thus exacerbating the underlying issues they were attempting to fix.

But I do understand that ignoring it is also an option.

I don't make assumptions about what kids of that age are going to do. If you make assumptions, that's where you can get into trouble. They make stupid decisions, as we all did, at that age. And I'm not saying TFerg's decision is stupid...quite the opposite.

With that said, if you or I had put as much time and effort into the game as TFerg has (along with multitudes of other kids) had been ranked as a great prospect by everyone, had questionable academics from a BS prep school, and had been offered cash to live in a foreign country for a bit to play the game for a few months, in hopes of coming back to go to the NBA...versus working hard in an academic institution that is driven by a "team first" coach who has a multitude of other talented players all vying for the basketball that you want in your hands at all times...meanwhile the mere fact of going to that school (that you may not qualify for) could expose your weaknesses and make your NBA stock fall...all the while you have to go to class (something you probably really don't like considering the questionable HS stuff you got into)...

I'd have done the same damn thing TFerg did.

Arizona, and other high level programs will be fine. If you are worried about the quality of the game, then yeah maybe your argument about "troubled situations" will make sense. But don't act like this is suddenly a new problem, as we've dealt with this back in the Olson days.
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

BTW...this is not a Grant Jerrett situation, where Arizona was left like WTF because they were counting on a player being on the team next year, and didn't have a replacement in tow. TFerg was something that opened up after his decommit, and Arizona really risked nothing on taking a flyer on his possible addition.

Miller and everyone else knew what they would/would not be getting...
EVCat

Post by EVCat »

I would agree that you have to approach any kid in the top 30 or 40 as a potential one-and-done. There's nothing wrong with that...you just have to be on top of your recruiting plan to understand any kid in that top echelon of the game can, with just a small move upward, be a lottery pick and they will likely go.

So as a staff, you assume they are in the one-and-done category. Because you'd rather be prepared than caught short. Doesn't mean you do things all that differently, other than maybe focus on some 4 year players with versatility or keep your potential transfer options open/operate with a couple of scholarships that are awarded to walk on level players and can be used for other recruits if a shortage occurs.

How could you operate a program today without considering the top players, many who see themselves as one and done, as one and done candidates? Still pursue them. Still develop them. But have room to make a move if they do leave. Because a lot of these kids, including ones who have no business thinking so, see themselves as NBA ready, and have people telling them they are the next superstar. The ones at the top of the top 100 lists are actually within reach of that. You get #29 and he turns out to be better than the rankings by 15 spots, he is possibly gone. And then you have the Grant Jerretts. But I think coaches have to be prepared for that kind of player movement.
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

If you are speaking from the angle of coaching staffs assuming players will leave, then sure. Assume everyone will leave and plan accordingly.

As a fan, no...I don't see the top 30 players as 1 and done. IMO there are a handful of frosh that are ready for the league. Read Stan's article today, and it makes so much sense.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

JMarkJohns wrote:
Spaceman Spiff wrote:

We will miss his defense. But likely not his potential NBA audition. Of them, he seems most enamored with making money, so his goal likely would have been shoot a lot.
His D and outside shooting would have been assets. We have options, though. If this was Kobi or Lauri, I'd be a lot more wigged out.
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

A first round selection was T Ferg's to lose, no matter how deep this draftIs. An athletic, 6'7 wing with a 6'10 wingspan, a killer outside shot and regarded as a high level defender? I mean he REALLY had to play himself out of the first round.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

rgdeuce wrote:A first round selection was T Ferg's to lose, no matter how deep this draftIs. An athletic, 6'7 wing with a 6'10 wingspan, a killer outside shot and regarded as a high level defender? I mean he REALLY had to play himself out of the first round.
Prep talent scouts generally ranked him only 15th or 16th in the 2016 class, however, because of a gaping hole in his game: He doesn’t dribble. He is a fine athlete and promising defender, but he is almost entirely limited to perimeter shooting. He shot only 10 free throws in the entire U-19 tournament; among American perimeter players who averaged 13 or more minutes per game, he was last in free throw attempts.

http://www.sportingnews.com/ncaa-basket ... sxtzq2e5oa" target="_blank
Jefe

Post by Jefe »

Merkin wrote:
Well I wish I wouldnt have read that
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Olsondogg wrote:
rgdeuce wrote:A first round selection was T Ferg's to lose, no matter how deep this draftIs. An athletic, 6'7 wing with a 6'10 wingspan, a killer outside shot and regarded as a high level defender? I mean he REALLY had to play himself out of the first round.
Prep talent scouts generally ranked him only 15th or 16th in the 2016 class, however, because of a gaping hole in his game: He doesn’t dribble. He is a fine athlete and promising defender, but he is almost entirely limited to perimeter shooting. He shot only 10 free throws in the entire U-19 tournament; among American perimeter players who averaged 13 or more minutes per game, he was last in free throw attempts.

A 3 and D guy is in high demand right now. Not having an in between game is a liability, but I'd be stunned if Ferguson isn't a first rounder. He's a rich man's Gerald Green almost right off the bat.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Jefe wrote:
Merkin wrote:
Well I wish I wouldnt have read that
Eh, the fact that it doesn't mention eligibility once is kind of a tip about what it is. It's a puff piece glossing over the possibility he may never have played here, period.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Time to move this thread somewhere that has nothing to do with Arizona Basketball?
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Oh well
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Merkin wrote:
Good to see that group together and sweaty already.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Love Rawle dudes straight baller.

I love the east coast cats Miller brings in.
TFCATFAN

Post by TFCATFAN »

The kid was never going to qualify or get cleared by the NCAA according to some experts, so if he chose to go the pro route now, good for him. I'm more than ready to move on and concentrate on those that will actually suite up for Arizona next season. He can say he didn't care about college or all that comes with it all he wants, and window dress it, but its more likely he didn't even have the choice between the two options. He's going pro early. Again, good for him. AZ will be good with a chance to be great this year. I wish the kid no ill will. But I hope he learns to save his money. Taxes will creep up on him if he doesn't have the right people helping him watch his money (not to mention the agent's cut, the cost of clingers, and buying mom a house is great, but you better be able to cover the taxes and expenses that go with it each year). And he's not in the NBA draft...yet. He's young, still a kid, and I hope he has good people around him that realize that and don't take advantage. The kid won't be a Wildcat, no reason to hate on him for doing what's best for him and his mom, that's nothing for him to be ashamed of. But mom better not quite her day job...not yet anyway.
TFCATFAN

Post by TFCATFAN »

Ya, Rawle looks like a damned man in that pic. Ray Smith about to own Tucson! Sophomore Trier...nice!
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

Pac race gets a little tighter now.
KaibabKat

Post by KaibabKat »

Can't miss what you never had.
Zero

Post by Zero »

Beachcat97 wrote:Pac race gets a little tighter now.

Ennis just got cleared for Oregon. They are top 5 and pac12 favs IMO. Going to be a battle.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Yeah us losing Ferguson and Oregon getting ennis probably jumps them over us as favorites. We'll still be a top 10-13 kinda team but not top 8 like Oregon
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

Like I said earlier the rotation just became more clear and a possible chemistry issue has gone down the drain. We'll miss his possible defense more than his offense, but that can be made up by other guys. I don't think the conference race changed one damn bit honestly. Ennis is just another ballhandler on a team full of them, so what? Ferguson was just another spot up 3 point shooter on a team that isn't lacking 3 point shooting? So what? Nothing has changed.
Dave

Post by Dave »

Huge blow! Sucks big time! Plenty of blame to go around! Time to move on!
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

CSM has still brought in a dynamite class, but not getting JJ or TF is a tough pill. I think we'll make the tourney next season, but we won't win the Pac. Hopefully our freshmen are as good as advertised and can contribute right away.
Puerco

Post by Puerco »

Dave wrote:Huge blow! Sucks big time! Plenty of blame to go around! Time to move on!
Blame? Blame for what?

I don't blame Ferguson one bit after reading that piece. Kid wants to take care of his family now. That's cool with me, particularly since it seemed unlikely at best that he'd get cleared by the NCAA.

Blaming the coaching staff? Come on. I doubt they spent much time on Ferguson while he was committed to 'Bama. When he decommitted we had a foot in the door because of the U19 thing and because Kobe Simmons is a good recruiter. So we got a commitment from Ferguson with relatively little effort. Why not take a risk on a top tier kid....?

Blaming... Whom else? Ferguson obviously, obviously had no intention of sticking around and getting his degree, so why not go strainght for the cash, and in a pretty nice place?
'A parent is the one person who is supposed to make their kid think they can do anything. Says they're beautiful even when they're ugly. Thinks they're smart even when they go to Arizona State.' -- Jack Donaghy
HiCat

Post by HiCat »

Disappointing news yes. But Arizona will still be a very good team...we'll see how good or maybe even great come Feb/ March. This team has the makings of doing something special. (even without TF) 8-)
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Puerco wrote:
Dave wrote:Huge blow! Sucks big time! Plenty of blame to go around! Time to move on!
Blame? Blame for what?

I don't blame Ferguson one bit after reading that piece. Kid wants to take care of his family now. That's cool with me, particularly since it seemed unlikely at best that he'd get cleared by the NCAA.

Blaming the coaching staff? Come on. I doubt they spent much time on Ferguson while he was committed to 'Bama. When he decommitted we had a foot in the door because of the U19 thing and because Kobe Simmons is a good recruiter. So we got a commitment from Ferguson with relatively little effort. Why not take a risk on a top tier kid....?

Blaming... Whom else? Ferguson obviously, obviously had no intention of sticking around and getting his degree, so why not go strainght for the cash, and in a pretty nice place?
I blame the rainbow sleeves and Larry Scott.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

Puerco wrote:
Blame? Blame for what?

I blame him, his parents, and anybody else pushing him to attend Prime Prep and API. There's no reason to go to any of those "schools." Hell he's from Tulsa, Allonzo Trier played for a home school team in that area for two years and still had no problem clearing NCAA conditions and being a top rated recruit. Going to those schools is why he was never going to qualify and why he's really going to Adelaide. The fluff piece that "he wrote" was just that and nothing more. Nothing about it was true outside of him going to Australia for a year.
Dave

Post by Dave »

Puerco wrote:
Blame? Blame for what?

http://arizona.247sports.com/Article/te ... d-46050080" target="_blank
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:
Olsondogg wrote:

A 3 and D guy is in high demand right now. Not having an in between game is a liability, but I'd be stunned if Ferguson isn't a first rounder. He's a rich man's Gerald Green almost right off the bat.
Based on evals against HS players in AAU ball. Read Stanley's piece for some perspective. He would have been exposed in college, so he is in hiding in Australia...everyone will forget him except for when the draft is next year. Smart move on his part.

I'll tell you this: I'll be shocked if he turns out to be great.
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

ChooChooCat wrote:Like I said earlier the rotation just became more clear and a possible chemistry issue has gone down the drain. We'll miss his possible defense more than his offense, but that can be made up by other guys. I don't think the conference race changed one damn bit honestly. Ennis is just another ballhandler on a team full of them, so what? Ferguson was just another spot up 3 point shooter on a team that isn't lacking 3 point shooting? So what? Nothing has changed.

This is a pretty good post.
enfuego

Post by enfuego »

ChooChooCat wrote:Like I said earlier the rotation just became more clear and a possible chemistry issue has gone down the drain. We'll miss his possible defense more than his offense, but that can be made up by other guys. I don't think the conference race changed one damn bit honestly. Ennis is just another ballhandler on a team full of them, so what? Ferguson was just another spot up 3 point shooter on a team that isn't lacking 3 point shooting? So what? Nothing has changed.
Has Alkins qualified? A poster who goes by Russ Smith on scout said he's a partial qualifier on appeal? It's in the TFerg thread.

"Miller went all in on this class, he went after Jackson didn't get him. He went after Ferguson got him then lost him. he went after Alkins who currently is a partial qualifier has to sit out unless the NCAA accepts the Arizona appeal. They went after Markannen who strongly considered going pro. And now Miller is reportedly interested in ex Kansas and Nebraska player Andrew White."
"Arizona got uppercutted out of the 2018 tournament by No. 13 Buffalo, which delivered one of the most overwhelming, lopsided upsets by a double-digit seed in tournament history (89-68). "
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

Olsondogg wrote:

And that's fine. Remember, that is 15th or 16th in what is believed to be a monumental class. You know who else who had dribbling deficiencies? Rondae. He doesn't do much of that in the league. At Arizona he had an extremely sloppy and loose handle and could only go one way, left. While Ferguson doesn't have Rondae's wingspan, he's as athletic and is the same size. Will he defend at that level? I'd put my money on no, but he has the tools to do so or at least be a shade below. Thing is, Rondae is extremely limited offensively in the NBA and some may consider him a liability on the offensive end on the floor. Ferguson is an asset. The league is three point happy and the guy can shoot. Him not dribbling limits him as being a complete offensive player, but that's an easy fix. Guys want to play in his jockstrap, pump fake, a few dribbles and pull up. He has the size to get his shot off. You can work with that. In the interim, he's a sharpshooter off someones bench. Let the other guys dribble and create and you get the open shot off of your man helping or off the extra pass when the D collapses. Its not often you are going to get a complete player in the teens or 20s of even a deep draft. You get the guy who has that one or two big asset your club needs, or you get the great player who has questions because of major flaw. A 3 and D guy is in huge demand right now, theres a big reason pretty much every mock I have seen has him comfortably in the first round, some even as a late lottery pick (that I may not agree with at this point).
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

Olsondogg wrote:
Based on evals against HS players in AAU ball. Read Stanley's piece for some perspective. He would have been exposed in college, so he is in hiding in Australia...everyone will forget him except for when the draft is next year. Smart move on his part.

Exposed how? He isnt losing defensively under Miller's system and like Gordon, Stanley, Rondae, NJ, TJ, his defensive stock is probably going to rise. There is no indication he is suddenly going to forget how to shoot a 3 pointer either. If you look at him in terms of being a complete player, then yeah, maybe. But the NBA isnt going to draft him to be that. They are going after two very specific things, and looking at his size and athleticism to be able to hang with most 1-3's and stretch 4s on the defensive end. Stanley on the other hand was looked at as a complete/complete-ish player, which he can become once he gets his shot down. Even without being a complete player, say Ferguson turns out to be a Dennis Scott type shooter who can actually play defense, maybe even be an elite defender in the league. Depending on who is around him, that guy starts on some teams. Dennis Scott was largely option number 4 in Orlando. Stanley has the potential to be option number 2, or 3 on a really good team.
Last edited by rgdeuce on Fri Jul 01, 2016 10:12 am, edited 2 times in total.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

enfuego wrote:
Has Alkins qualified? A poster who goes by Russ Smith on scout said he's a partial qualifier on appeal? It's in the TFerg thread.

"Miller went all in on this class, he went after Jackson didn't get him. He went after Ferguson got him then lost him. he went after Alkins who currently is a partial qualifier has to sit out unless the NCAA accepts the Arizona appeal. They went after Markannen who strongly considered going pro. And now Miller is reportedly interested in ex Kansas and Nebraska player Andrew White."
He has a much better chance of being cleared than Ferguson did. The question is whether he graduated high school in 4 years or 5. If it's the former then he's good to go, if it's the latter that's where the partial qualifier stuff comes from.
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

rgdeuce wrote:
Olsondogg wrote:

Exposed how? He isnt losing defensively under Miller's system and like Gordon, Stanley, Rondae, NJ, TJ, his defensive stock is probably going to rise. There is no indication he is suddenly going to forget how to shoot a 3 pointer either. If you look at him in terms of being a complete player, then yeah, maybe. But the NBA isnt going to draft him to be that. They are going after two very specific things, and looking at his size and athleticism to be able to hang with most 1-3's and stretch 4s on the defensive end. Stanley on the other hand was looked at as a complete/complete-ish player, which he can become once he gets his shot down. Even without being a complete player, say the dude turns out to be a Dennis Scott type shooter who can actually play defense, maybe even be an elite defender in the league. Depending on who is around him, that guy starts on some teams.

First, you compared TFerg to RHJ, who played two years in college...

Second, exposed how? Exposed in college like several players have been. Skal last year at this time was probably a lotto pick based on hype...it happens year in and year out. I am not going to re-hash what the evals on TFerg have been, but if you think he would get the same playing time at Arizona that he will playing in Australia, then so be it. Plus, like his article said, he could get hurt and then things go sideways on him (considering he thinks he was a 1nD irregardless).

Frankly, I don't see the comparisons you are making to Stanley, AG or RHJ. AG is and was an athletic freak who was also as good of a teammate/character guy as you can find. Stanley was a beast, and a sure lotto pick coming into the year. RHJ stayed 2 years at Arizona before getting drafted.

Some team will surely take the gamble on TFerg next year. We shall see how that plays out. Odds are if TFerg could have gotten into school at Arizona, he would have had his work cut out for him. I mean, how many minutes did the 5 star, excellent defender Justin Simon get?
enfuego

Post by enfuego »

ChooChooCat wrote:
enfuego wrote:

He has a much better chance of being cleared than Ferguson did. The question is whether he graduated high school in 4 years or 5. If it's the former then he's good to go, if it's the latter that's where the partial qualifier stuff comes from.
That's ridiculous. Who cares if he graduated in 4, 5 or 7?
"Arizona got uppercutted out of the 2018 tournament by No. 13 Buffalo, which delivered one of the most overwhelming, lopsided upsets by a double-digit seed in tournament history (89-68). "
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

The NCAA cares
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

enfuego wrote:
ChooChooCat wrote:
enfuego wrote:

That's ridiculous. Who cares if he graduated in 4, 5 or 7?
Agreed. The NCAA is stupid.
Puerco

Post by Puerco »

Dave wrote:
Puerco wrote:
Blame? Blame for what?

http://arizona.247sports.com/Article/te ... d-46050080" target="_blank
That's a pretty good piece, Dave. Thanks for sharing.
'A parent is the one person who is supposed to make their kid think they can do anything. Says they're beautiful even when they're ugly. Thinks they're smart even when they go to Arizona State.' -- Jack Donaghy
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

enfuego wrote:

Alkins will be eligible. It sounds like just wishful thinking from that fan on scout. My guess is that he's either a KU or UCLA fan.
Bangkok Wildcat

Post by Bangkok Wildcat »

Beachcat97 wrote:
enfuego wrote:

Alkins will be eligible. It sounds like just wishful thinking from that fan on scout. My guess is that he's either a KU or UCLA fan.
Russ Smith is an avid UCLA fan and a very reasonable/knowledgeable poster IMO......I have found him to be quite fair re: Arizona and have had good interactions with him in the past. Having said that, I have no info on Alkins eligibility but his mentioning possible issues does concern me until I hear otherwise.