Allonzo Trier

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

Merkin

Re: Allonzo Trier

Post by Merkin »

Irish27 wrote:Heard Trier was going to go to the Pac-12 Media Day and now KaDeem will be replacing him. Has anyone else heard that?
jsbowl16

Post by jsbowl16 »

I was hoping to watch media day today but it looks like Kodi isnt working for Pac-12 network today. I guess I will have to sign up for sling.
gumby

Post by gumby »

Allen replacing Trier at Media Day, per Gimino tweet.
Right where I want to be.
84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

jsbowl16 wrote:I was hoping to watch media day today but it looks like Kodi isnt working for Pac-12 network today. I guess I will have to sign up for sling.
Live here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S95s8JlEnG8" target="_blank

Podium schedule:
Commissioner Scott: 10:03 a.m.
Washington State: 10:30 a.m.
Arizona State: 10:40 a.m.
UCLA: 10:50 a.m.
Stanford: 11:00 a.m.
Washington: 11:10 a.m.
Oregon State: 11:20 a.m.
USC: 11:40 a.m.
Colorado: 11:50 a.m.
California: 12:00 p.m.
Arizona: 12:10 p.m.
Utah: 12:20 p.m.
Oregon: 12:30 p.m.
jsbowl16

Post by jsbowl16 »

84Cat wrote:
jsbowl16 wrote:I was hoping to watch media day today but it looks like Kodi isnt working for Pac-12 network today. I guess I will have to sign up for sling.
Thanks I am watching that already but I wanted to watch the actual pac12 broadcast. I think this is just showing the podium where they speak to reporters and not the in studio interviews.
84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

jsbowl16 wrote:
84Cat wrote:
Thanks I am watching that already but I wanted to watch the actual pac12 broadcast. I think this is just showing the podium where they speak to reporters and not the in studio interviews.
I suspect you're correct. I couldn't get Phoenix on Kodi to play pac-12 either.
gumby

Post by gumby »

Not sure how Kodi works, but there are big problems with the Internet today. Tried to get on Twitter just now. Nope.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/internet-di ... berattack/" target="_blank
jsbowl16

Post by jsbowl16 »

gumby wrote:Not sure how Kodi works, but there are big problems with the Internet today. Tried to get on Twitter just now. Nope.

Yeah that could be. I have been having issues with Playstation network, vue and other sites throughout the day. I also live on the east coast which is where the problem has been really bad with the ddos attack this morning. Ill have to try Kodi again over the next few days and see what happens.
84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

loomer

Post by loomer »

Pascoe just asked about Trier at media day. Sean, "I'm not answering that question."
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

jsbowl16 wrote:
gumby wrote:Not sure how Kodi works, but there are big problems with the Internet today. Tried to get on Twitter just now. Nope.

Yeah that could be. I have been having issues with Playstation network, vue and other sites throughout the day. I also live on the east coast which is where the problem has been really bad with the ddos attack this morning. Ill have to try Kodi again over the next few days and see what happens.
Fwiw I was able to get PAC 12 Washington to work, but the rest no dice.
YoDeFoe

Post by YoDeFoe »

Yeah Miller shut it down cold.

One more "who knows if this matters or what it means": Trier was with the team delivering season tickets to fans on Wednesday night. For what it's worth.
dirtbags

Post by dirtbags »

pascoe got brickwalled. was he trying to leverage media day to tease out an answer from CSM, or does he really not have the access to ask the Q back in tucson?

thanks also to @84 for sharing the MD schedule and livelink earlier, and welcome back to @loomer, reppin' mbv and slowdive :D
jsbowl16

Post by jsbowl16 »

I thought it was a little weird when Miller said that he wouldn't want anyone else with him at media day and then Pascoe mentioned that Trier was supposed to be there. That had to be a little bit weird to sit there for Kadeem.
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

I can't remember the last time a college basketball player was ruled ineligible for using PEDs. Not jumping to conclusions yet, but if this is indeed what Trier is suspected of, I'm hoping this is an isolated, even accidental situation, and not something shady going on with our strength and conditioning program.
Bear Down Vegas

Post by Bear Down Vegas »

Beachcat97 wrote:I can't remember the last time a college basketball player was ruled ineligible for using PEDs. Not jumping to conclusions yet, but if this is indeed what Trier is suspected of, I'm hoping this is an isolated, even accidental situation, and not something shady going on with our strength and conditioning program.
Really?

Really?
YoDeFoe

Post by YoDeFoe »

I've got no reason to think that our strength and conditioning program has any problems, given how long Miller has worked with Chris Rounds.

I know we're just talking but that's seems like careless speculation.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

YoDeFoe wrote:I've got no reason to think that our strength and conditioning program has any problems, given how long Miller has worked with Chris Rounds.

I know we're just talking but that's seems like careless speculation.
Our S&C program is nothing short of phenomenal. BeachCat is just . . . special.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

Beachcat97 wrote:I can't remember the last time a college basketball player was ruled ineligible for using PEDs. Not jumping to conclusions yet, but if this is indeed what Trier is suspected of, I'm hoping this is an isolated, even accidental situation, and not something shady going on with our strength and conditioning program.
No Beach and STFU.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

There is literally no basis for that leap. Way to bust out a passive/aggressive accusation with zero proof other than message board speculation about a Trier suspension that hasn't happened yet.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:There is literally no basis for that leap.
There never is with that guy.
Spaceman Spiff wrote:Way to bust out a passive/aggressive accusation with zero proof other than message board speculation...
It's kind of his thing.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

Not a professor.
Jefe

Post by Jefe »

Almost 2 weeks since this rumor came to light for us. Assuming the longer this takes, the worse off it gets

Game 1 in 11 days, I guess we'll know by then...
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Jefe wrote:Almost 2 weeks since this rumor came to light for us. Assuming the longer this takes, the worse off it gets

I'd think the opposite. If it was a positive test and that was it, he'd be gone. The more there is to the story, the more hope comes with it.
Jefe

Post by Jefe »

Ya I thought about that a bit but they could just be appealing the test

WHO KNOWS
gumby

Post by gumby »

He was scheduled to be there. He's not there. It's a legit question. Pascoe didn't expect an answer, but you have to ask. #itshisjob
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:
Jefe wrote:Almost 2 weeks since this rumor came to light for us. Assuming the longer this takes, the worse off it gets

I'd think the opposite. If it was a positive test and that was it, he'd be gone. The more there is to the story, the more hope comes with it.
A positive test does not mean he'd be gone. There are other avenues to take after a positive test before it'd get to that point.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

ChooChooCat wrote:
Spaceman Spiff wrote:

A positive test does not mean he'd be gone. There are other avenues to take after a positive test before it'd get to that point.
A positive NCAA test is a year suspension. Even if the delay is to take other avenues, it means he is taking other avenues instead of just heading overseas.

If the premise of a positive NCAA test is correct, the longer it takes, the better the chance it is something other than a year. It doesn't mean it won't happen. It just means it hasn't happened yet.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:
ChooChooCat wrote:
Spaceman Spiff wrote:

A positive NCAA test is a year suspension. Even if the delay is to take other avenues, it means he is taking other avenues instead of just heading overseas.

If the premise of a positive NCAA test is correct, the longer it takes, the better the chance it is something other than a year. It doesn't mean it won't happen. It just means it hasn't happened yet.
I get what you meant now, I thought you were portraying that if the test is positive then that's all she wrote for Trier at Arizona.

Honestly the longer it takes doesn't mean anything. It all depends on the merits of the case of the appeal. The NCAA works at its own pace and an appeal has to be filed first before any thing is decided and that process goes through its motions.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

ChooChooCat wrote:
Spaceman Spiff wrote:
ChooChooCat wrote:
Spaceman Spiff wrote:

I get what you meant now, I thought you were portraying that if the test is positive then that's all she wrote for Trier at Arizona.

Honestly the longer it takes doesn't mean anything. It all depends on the merits of the case of the appeal. The NCAA works at its own pace and an appeal has to be filed first before any thing is decided and that process goes through its motions.
If he tested positive, I would say the presence of an appeal alone is a positive. I wouldn't think it would be crazy for Zo to say screw the appeal and head overseas for a prep year for the draft. The only reason he would appeal instead of exploring overseas options is that he wants to be here.

I agree that he wouldn't control the appeal or timeline. But just jumping on appeal timeline...well, it could be worse.
Hank of sb

Post by Hank of sb »

Boy that's some strong stuff there fellar.

Lets us all know more so we can check out the next issue of Sports Illustrated and close down, in the process, this part of our lives.....permanently.

Thanks for the heads-up.
wyo-cat

Post by wyo-cat »

It seems like Zo's situation is being handled very professionally by the AD and SM. No surprise there.

I doubt that we know what the issue is until it's all sorted out.
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

I'm getting crucified in this thread for expressing hope that this is nothing too serious. Tough crowd. But we'll try again: it sure does sound like AT is in hot water, hence the absence from media day, but hopefully, if there is indeed wrongdoing, there are grounds for an appeal and swift resolution so that he can play this season.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Beachcat97 wrote:I'm getting crucified in this thread for expressing hope that this is nothing too serious.
Oh, is that what's going on?
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

Chicat wrote:
Beachcat97 wrote:I'm getting crucified in this thread for expressing hope that this is nothing too serious.
Oh, is that what's going on?
Nah, man. I was just kidding. Wait, what?
BigSkyCatinMT

Post by BigSkyCatinMT »

plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.
formerly, UA Direct, mtzwami, SnowCat, MontanaCat. should cover every forum I've been on in the last 19 years.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

My next door neighbor usually leaves for work an hour ago but his car is still in the driveway. I hope this doesn't mean that he's lying in the shower in a pool of his own blood with his eyeballs ripped from of his head. All I'm saying is, I hope everything is OK.
Bear Down Vegas

Beachcat97 wrote:I'm getting crucified in this thread for expressing hope that this is nothing too serious...
Only one of two things can be true....

* you believe this statement

* you regret saying what you said (that was the actual reason you got "crucified") but for some reason refuse to acknowledge it

You threw out an outlandish accusation & if you thought that you were merely "expressing hope" - wow. Just wow.
Bear Down Vegas

Or I could have said it the way LH did....which is like 10x better.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

Bear Down Vegas wrote:Or I could have said it the way LH did....which is like 10x better.
So maybe my neighbor Bob is just working from home or tying up some personal matters? But I just hope he didn't trip into a cauldron of boiling oil and get himself deep-fried to a crisp. I don't know.

What?
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

And hopefully Bob is not on the juice.

I stand by my original comment. I hope this is nothing serious.
HiCat

Post by HiCat »

Nothing new, but feels hopeful.

FRIDAY, OCT. 21, 2016, 4:26 P.M.
Allonzo Trier’s status at Arizona remains uncertain

http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2016/o ... uncertain/" target="_blank
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Longhorned wrote:
Bear Down Vegas wrote:Or I could have said it the way LH did....which is like 10x better.
So maybe my neighbor Bob is just working from home or tying up some personal matters? But I just hope he didn't trip into a cauldron of boiling oil and get himself deep-fried to a crisp. I don't know.

What?
No one would blame you for assuming he was most likely a child molester and deserved what he got.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Chicat wrote:
Longhorned wrote:

What?
No one would blame you for assuming he was most likely a child molester and deserved what he got.

Lock him up! Lock him up!
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
YoDeFoe

Post by YoDeFoe »

HiCat wrote:Nothing new, but feels hopeful.

I missed that line from the presser:

“I hope he’s going to be one of the stories of why you do come back (to college).”

I wonder if Coach is using that in his pitch (if there is such a thing) to keep AT on the court, i.e. "Hey NCAA - let's not create another incentive for kids to leave early."
Puerco

Post by Puerco »

YoDeFoe wrote:
HiCat wrote:Nothing new, but feels hopeful.

I missed that line from the presser:

“I hope he’s going to be one of the stories of why you do come back (to college).”

I wonder if Coach is using that in his pitch (if there is such a thing) to keep AT on the court, i.e. "Hey NCAA - let's not create another incentive for kids to leave early."
That's a good take. I was wondering in a wtf way when I heard Miller say that, but from your angle it makes sense.
'A parent is the one person who is supposed to make their kid think they can do anything. Says they're beautiful even when they're ugly. Thinks they're smart even when they go to Arizona State.' -- Jack Donaghy
gumby

Post by gumby »

Longhorned wrote:
So maybe my neighbor Bob is just working from home or tying up some personal matters? But I just hope he didn't trip into a cauldron of boiling oil and get himself deep-fried to a chrisp. I don't know.

What?
I hope this wasn't the fault of the home-builder, which could mean many more tragedies like this and the end of his/her business. (This reflects BC's original post, despite his denials.)
HiCat

Post by HiCat »

Miller

And it’s not just Trier’s scoring numbers that Miller expects to improve.

“He's going to add to what he did very well as a freshman, and I think the one stat we always talk to him about is he had 31 assists as a freshman,” Miller said at Pac-12 media day. “And he's a much better passer. He knows how to play the game with his teammates better now than ever before. We've seen that in practice. But I think he's poised to have an excellent season.”

http://www.azdesertswarm.com/basketball ... -sophomore" target="_blank

I'm getting a good vibe reading this. 8-)
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

Miles Simon had an excellent season in 1996-1997.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

ChooChooCat wrote:Miles Simon had an excellent season in 1996-1997.

Is that a subtle hint at a possible resolution?
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion