Allonzo Trier

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

gumby

Re: Allonzo Trier

Post by gumby »

gronk4heisman wrote:
ASUHATER! wrote:
ChooChooCat wrote:Wow this thread went off the rails. It's not academic nor did he accept improper benefits.
so not drugs, not criminal, not academic, not PEDs, not improper benefits...that basically leaves nothing.
Or not all not's are actually not's.
It's "nots" unless we're talking possession. Are we talking possession?
Right where I want to be.
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

I wonder how long until we really know something.
EVCat

Post by EVCat »

Beachcat97 wrote:I wonder how long until we really know something.
Thursday. We will definitely know by Thursday.

I won't specify which Thursday...
BE4RDOWN21

Post by BE4RDOWN21 »

Thursday Nov. 10th right before we play MSU
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

For those that do know what it is, is there some reason why it can't be discussed or are you just following the lead of journos who cover the team?
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Lute4God

Post by Lute4God »

The solution is obvious: If you live in AZ vote yes on Prop 205!
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

Chicat wrote:For those that do know what it is, is there some reason why it can't be discussed or are you just following the lead of journos who cover the team?
There are efforts in place to mitigate this situation. The less that is said publicly the better for the moment.
KaibabKat

Post by KaibabKat »

HIPPA
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

Hank of sb

Post by Hank of sb »

Longhorned wrote:Image
A lot of people don't know that hippos have had the same diet for the last 10 million years. They stand a *proud* five five tall but, because of their weight, they are not great leapers, certainly not in a basketball sense.

Also, we all might note, hippos are very peaceful animals unless they feel misunderstood which, should that happen, either as a group or individually, they can cause quite a stir.

In other words, hippos are just as sensitive as the rest of us.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Longhorned wrote:Image
I don't know. He looked slender at the red/blue game.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Man, Trier has really let himself go.

:lol:
Gilbertcat

Post by Gilbertcat »

Horse PEDs, Bonds Effect
dmjcat

Post by dmjcat »

G. Randazzo over at Wildcat Sports Report is hinting that the Trier suspension may
be due to prescription meds.............Triers doctor is assisting in an appeal

http://arizona.247sports.com/Board/5942 ... 211?Page=2" target="_blank
Puerco

Post by Puerco »

Good find, dmj, but you've still got a stupid signature.
'A parent is the one person who is supposed to make their kid think they can do anything. Says they're beautiful even when they're ugly. Thinks they're smart even when they go to Arizona State.' -- Jack Donaghy
dmjcat

Post by dmjcat »

Puerco wrote:Good find, dmj, but you've still got a stupid signature.
Speaking of stupid where has DC4AZCATS gone to anyway?? :lol: :lol: :lol:
RichardCranium

Post by RichardCranium »

Hank of sb wrote:Also, we all might note, hippos are very peaceful animals unless they feel misunderstood which, should that happen, either as a group or individually, they can cause quite a stir.
From Wikipedia:
The hippopotamus is considered to be very aggressive and has frequently been reported as charging and attacking boats.[82] Small boats can be capsized by hippos and passengers can be injured or killed by the animals or drown. In one case in Niger, a boat was capsized by a hippo and 13 people were killed.[83] As hippopotamuses will often engage in raiding nearby crops if the opportunity arises, humans may also come in conflict with them on these occasions, with potential for fatalities on both sides.[
From AboutTravel:
The hippo is responsible for more human fatalities in Africa than any other large animal. Male hippos actively defend their territories which run along the banks of rivers and lakes. Females have also been known to get extremely aggressive if they sense anyone coming in between their babies, who stay in the water while she feeds on the shore. Hippos can run at speeds of over 20 miles an hour and they have enormous jaws which host up to 20-inch canines.

Fun Facts:
  • Hippos secrete a natural sunscreen that is colored red and eventually turns brown
  • The hippo's closest living relative is the whale
  • Hippos can kill crocodiles
  • Hippos consume over 100 pounds of vegetation per day.
  • The hippo is in danger of becoming extinct
  • Hippos can't jump
Any sufficiently advanced troll is indistinguishable from a genuine kook.
RichardCranium

Post by RichardCranium »

dmjcat wrote:G. Randazzo over at Wildcat Sports Report is hinting that the Trier suspension may

So Asthma meds, hey? A new substance ban that was continued without realizing it was banned? Like Sharapova's heart meds - meldonium?.

Seems to me I proposed asthma meds somewhere near the beginning of this foo-fa-rah. And yes, before this all becomes rumor gospel, it is 100% appropriate that the parties involved keep it under their hat while it is worked out. There ought to be a way to work through accidental, inadvertant, honest mistakes without trashing a kids career.

I say there ought to be, but WADA, for one, is a beast to deal with - for good reason, but they are not forgiving in any way if you try to pull the wool over their eyes.
Any sufficiently advanced troll is indistinguishable from a genuine kook.
BigSkyCatinMT

Post by BigSkyCatinMT »

From animaldanger.com

"Although hippos may look cute and friendly, they are definitely one animal you do not want to cross. Easily frightened and extremely aggressive, hippos will not hesitate to attack a human, especially if one of its young babies are near. Hippos pose the biggest threat to those living in the continent of Africa. ''
formerly, UA Direct, mtzwami, SnowCat, MontanaCat. should cover every forum I've been on in the last 19 years.
HiCat

Post by HiCat »

dmjcat wrote:G. Randazzo over at Wildcat Sports Report is hinting that the Trier suspension may

Appreciate the update DMJ. Positive sign (sort of), we'll see how things shake out.
luteformayor2

Post by luteformayor2 »

Chicat wrote:For those that do know what it is, is there some reason why it can't be discussed or are you just following the lead of journos who cover the team?
I dont really know. I actually do know what happened but i dont wanna be the guy that posts it. Its a fucking weird situation
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

luteformayor2 wrote:
I dont really know. I actually do know what happened but i dont wanna be the guy that posts it. Its a fucking weird situation
But clearly what you know what happened isn't what G. Randazzo knows what happened. Otherwise you wouldn't be faced with being the guy that posts it.
Dave

Post by Dave »

How WADA might affect a athlete.
http://www.usada.org/substances/prohibi ... ete-guide/" target="_blank
YoDeFoe

Post by YoDeFoe »

Asthma meds would make sense - I take albuterol via an inhaler but it's a banned substance for Olympians and NCAA athletes. Here is a note from DePauw University on the documentation required to use albuterol as an NCAA athlete.

Not saying that's what it is but something benign with prescription yet banned without one makes sense to me.
Bear Down Vegas

Post by Bear Down Vegas »

YoDeFoe wrote:Asthma meds would make sense - I take albuterol via an inhaler but it's a banned substance for Olympians and NCAA athletes. Here is a note from DePauw University on the documentation required to use albuterol as an NCAA athlete.

Not saying that's what it is but something benign with prescription yet banned without one makes sense to me.

Albuterol is a banned substance as a performance enhancer?? My daughter inhaled that for 8 months as a baby. I thought it was just to help clear out sinuses? I'd have taken hits off little girl's meds had I known that.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Bear Down Vegas wrote:
YoDeFoe wrote:Asthma meds would make sense - I take albuterol via an inhaler but it's a banned substance for Olympians and NCAA athletes. Here is a note from DePauw University on the documentation required to use albuterol as an NCAA athlete.

Albuterol is a banned substance as a performance enhancer?? My daughter inhaled that for 8 months as a baby. I thought it was just to help clear out sinuses? I'd have taken hits off little girl's meds had I known that.
It can assist with lung capacity, I think. Of course, it's also medically necessary for a lot of people. That's the issue with "PED"s in some cases. There's a lot of stuff that yields some athletic benefit that also is used to treat real conditions. Distinguishing the two isn't necessarily easy.
84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

What did Salim take? I remember he had asthma pretty bad.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Wait wut?

NCAA considers albuterol a PED? :lol: :lol:

I mean I guess I can see the "logic" but come on.
YoDeFoe

Post by YoDeFoe »

Yeah albuterol is a bronchial dilator that allows for more oxygen into the blood stream (increase in VO2Max). It's also a stimulant that may boost fast twitch muscle fibers (if I remember correctly).

Though here is an article on the US Olympian Dara Torres and her use of albuterol that rebuts any proof of athletic benefits to non-asthmatics (and notes that the WADA began allowing for albuterol in the blood to certain concentrations beginning in 2010).
Last edited by YoDeFoe on Tue Oct 25, 2016 9:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
YoDeFoe

Post by YoDeFoe »

84Cat wrote:What did Salim take? I remember he had asthma pretty bad.
Good memory. Looks like Gardner did too. "An inhaler" is all the specificity I've found on them.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

YoDeFoe wrote:Yeah albuterol is a bronchial dilator that allows for more oxygen into the blood stream (increase in VO2Max). It's also a stimulant that boosts fast twitch muscle fibers (if I remember correctly).

Though here is an article on the US Olympian Dara Torres and her use of albuterol that rebuts any proof of athletic benefits to non-asthmatics (and notes that the WADA began allowing for albuterol in the blood to certain concentrations beginning in 2010).
I am not up on the literature because this is not my area of expertise, but from what I do know I would have to surmise that Dara Torres is correct. VO2 max is largely based off conditions at the avelolar capillary bed (not affected by albuterol) rather then the "size of the tubes" so to speak, carrying air to that bed where O2/CO2 exchange takes place.
luteformayor2

Post by luteformayor2 »

Nbc sports article just said trier is out
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

Link?
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Don't see anything on twitter or here.

http://www.nbcsports.com/college-basketball" target="_blank

that is one ugly site.
EOCT

Post by EOCT »

Merkin wrote:Don't see anything on twitter or here.

that is one ugly site.

I don't see anything either.

Yet, here is the Google News intro to an NBC article quoting "......with Allonzo Trier gone....":

"Pac-12 Season Preview: Can Oregon or Arizona break the league's ...

NBCSports.com-2 hours ago

The Wildcats lack a proven scorer with Allonzo Trier gone, but they've added five-star freshmen Rawle Alkins and Kobi Simmons. Five-star big ..."

Truth or sloppiness? Feels like the latter.
HiCat

Post by HiCat »

Don't see anything. Looks sketchy
gumby

Post by gumby »

Old guys might remember Rick DeMont.

http://www.espn.com/talent/danpatrick/s ... 57642.html" target="_blank
Right where I want to be.
EOCT

Post by EOCT »

EOCT wrote:
Merkin wrote:Don't see anything on twitter or here.

that is one ugly site.

I don't see anything either.

Yet, here is the Google News intro to an NBC article quoting "......with Allonzo Trier gone....":

"Pac-12 Season Preview: Can Oregon or Arizona break the league's ...

NBCSports.com-2 hours ago

The Wildcats lack a proven scorer with Allonzo Trier gone, but they've added five-star freshmen Rawle Alkins and Kobi Simmons. Five-star big ..."

Truth or sloppiness? Feels like the latter.
Now, using the identical search query, Google News introduces the article as follows:

"College Basketball's Top Backcourts

NBCSports.com-4 hours ago

Arizona (Allonzo Trier, Rawle Alkins, Kobi Simmons, Parker Jackson-Cartwright, Kadeem Allen). The Wildcats have quite a bit of talent in the ..."

The article intro/preview was obviously edited to remove the reference to AT as "gone".

Strange. I give up and hereby turn in my Dick Tracy sleuth badge and cub reporter credentials.
Last edited by EOCT on Tue Oct 25, 2016 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

They must have updated the story. Here is a comment that is no longer relevant.

Gilbertcat

Post by Gilbertcat »

Cached Version has this:
Pac-12 Season Preview: Can Oregon or Arizona break the league’s Final Four drought?
The Wildcats lack a proven scorer with Allonzo Trier gone, but they've added five-star freshmen Rawle Alkins and Kobi Simmons. Five-star big ...
http://collegebasketball.nbcsports.com/ ... r-drought/" target="_blank

Current has this:
Pac-12 Season Preview: Can Oregon or Arizona break the league’s Final Four drought?
The Wildcats have a proven scorer in Allonzo Trier and they’ve added five-star freshmen Rawle Alkins and Kobi Simmons. Five-star big man Lauri Markkanen could also make an impact and Dusan Ristic returns up front, as does former top 10 recruit Ray Smith, who is coming off of his second ACL tear.

It was corrected after this exchange:
https://twitter.com/RobDauster/status/7 ... 6831286274" target="_blank
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

gumby wrote:Old guys might remember Rick DeMont.

http://www.espn.com/talent/danpatrick/s ... 57642.html" target="_blank
Worst I have ever taken a basketball loss, even more so than the 2008 Illini game and the 2001 Duke game. Took me 30+ years to get over it.

the first loss by the United States in an Olympic basketball game (they had been 62-0)

What a travesty for political free Olympics that year.

HiCat

Post by HiCat »

Gilbertcat wrote:Cached Version has this:
The Wildcats lack a proven scorer with Allonzo Trier gone, but they've added five-star freshmen Rawle Alkins and Kobi Simmons. Five-star big ...

Current has this:
The Wildcats have a proven scorer in Allonzo Trier and they’ve added five-star freshmen Rawle Alkins and Kobi Simmons. Five-star big man Lauri Markkanen could also make an impact and Dusan Ristic returns up front, as does former top 10 recruit Ray Smith, who is coming off of his second ACL tear.

Thanks for the clarification.

Nothing solid yet. 8-)
loomer

Post by loomer »

Current has this:

A bit of a contradictory article title. Dauster and company think we'll go out in the 1st round again this year...
https://audioboom.com/posts/5202522-pre ... all-action
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

Longhorned wrote:
luteformayor2 wrote:
But clearly what you know what happened isn't what G. Randazzo knows what happened. Otherwise you wouldn't be faced with being the guy that posts it.
Count me in the group that doesn't agree with Randazzo's take.
EOCT

Post by EOCT »

ChooChooCat wrote:
Longhorned wrote:
luteformayor2 wrote:
Count me in the group that doesn't agree with Randazzo's take.

Prof. Longhorned does actually know. I know that as fact. His neighbor Bob told me so; that is, that the Professor actually does know. But Bob also disclosed he doesn't actually know what Prof. Longhorned knows. Disclosure is so important.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Current has this:

I get the feeling someone mistakenly thought Trier went pro.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

Chicat wrote:

Current has this:

I get the feeling someone mistakenly thought Trier went pro.
that was my assumption more than anything so nefarious as knowing his actual statsu
Jefe

Post by Jefe »

Well I guess we'll know by Tuesday afternoon...
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

Jefe wrote:Well I guess we'll know by Tuesday afternoon...
Why?
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Jefe wrote:Well I guess we'll know by Tuesday afternoon...
Maybe. Won't we only have to vacate the exhibition if he plays and isn't eligible?