Allonzo Trier

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

ButtonSalmon

Re: Allonzo Trier

Post by ButtonSalmon »

Longhorned wrote:
ButtonSalmon wrote:
Longhorned wrote:
ButtonSalmon wrote:Or you could join my forum and pay for the information I am an insider and thus privy to sensitive behind the scenes information. If I am wrong I refund your money but I am never wrong.
I think we want to join your forum. Link?
Need real name to sign you up for facebook.
Can non-whites joins? If I'm white do I get a discount?
We do not racially profile. As long as you speak clear english you are welcome.
Beermancats

Post by Beermancats »

ButtonSalmon wrote:Trier is a good kid he is getting fucked he did not really do anything wrong. That is what makes this really fucked up
You also said:
"The players are told, reminded and told again to not take anything, from a doctor or otherwise, unless they clear it with team doctors. Trier knew this and took it anyway. That is all the NCAA cares about, he is 100% at fault."

So he's 100% at fault for doing nothing wrong?
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Don't bother BMC. He was banned for making outright racist comments on the lower boards.

Good riddance.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
dirtbags

Post by dirtbags »

kratom?
HiCat

Post by HiCat »

nm
Last edited by HiCat on Sun Oct 30, 2016 3:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Puerco

Post by Puerco »

Anyone who claims to be an insider and then charges money to join a private forum is lying.
'A parent is the one person who is supposed to make their kid think they can do anything. Says they're beautiful even when they're ugly. Thinks they're smart even when they go to Arizona State.' -- Jack Donaghy
MrBug708

Post by MrBug708 »

Puerco wrote:Anyone who claims to be an insider and then charges money to join a private forum is lying.
Isn't that every recruiting service like scout rivals and 247? Shoot, espn calls it insider
Schnebly

Post by Schnebly »

I just had a big salad with spinach, hummus, broccoli, quinoa, feta, and balsamic glaze dusted w/cayenne.

That is quite possibly the most actionable information to be discovered in this particular thread. I suggest you have the same. And you're welcome.

Schnebs
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

Hummus is fattening. Even the name suggests so. No parents who name their infant son Hummus expect him to grow into anything other than a rotund man in a poncho home-fashioned from a burlap sack.
wyo-cat

Post by wyo-cat »

Longhorned wrote:Hummus is fattening. Even the name suggests so. No parents who name their infant son Hummus expect him to grow into anything other than a rotund man in a poncho home-fashioned from a burlap sack.
What about a trash bag poncho?
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

wyo-cat wrote:
Longhorned wrote:Hummus is fattening. Even the name suggests so. No parents who name their infant son Hummus expect him to grow into anything other than a rotund man in a poncho home-fashioned from a burlap sack.
You name him Pius.
wyo-cat

Post by wyo-cat »

Longhorned wrote:
wyo-cat wrote:
You name him Pius.
He would be pious due to the fact he would never get laid because he's wearing bin liners.
Puerco

Post by Puerco »

MrBug708 wrote:
Puerco wrote:Anyone who claims to be an insider and then charges money to join a private forum is lying.
Isn't that every recruiting service like scout rivals and 247? Shoot, espn calls it insider
Those services have press level information that for which they feel it is worth charging. If you're privy to real inside information, like what is going on with Trier, and you let it slip, then you'll never get that level of info again.

Our cute little Button probably knows someone who knows someone, but I doubt he's really an insider.
'A parent is the one person who is supposed to make their kid think they can do anything. Says they're beautiful even when they're ugly. Thinks they're smart even when they go to Arizona State.' -- Jack Donaghy
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

Waiting for the other shoe to drop...
gumby

Post by gumby »

Beachcat97 wrote:Waiting for the other shoe to drop...
Oh, haven't you heard?
Right where I want to be.
Main Event

Post by Main Event »

Prob time to move on fellas
BigSkyCatinMT

Post by BigSkyCatinMT »

Did I or anyone else ever import the post;

Some think they know jerryd, but they don't
coz...

?
formerly, UA Direct, mtzwami, SnowCat, MontanaCat. should cover every forum I've been on in the last 19 years.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Well foo
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

Main Event wrote: Prob time to move on fellas
Wow. This is getting real.
84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

This just means the appeal hasn't been decided yet. We will know shortly after GB and CSM know what the decision is.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

He's still with the team.
Puerco

Post by Puerco »

If he's going through an appeal process, he won't play until it's done, so him not playing simply means that. No more, no less.

If it's a prescription-PED thing, would that be under HIPPA?
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

84Cat wrote:
This just means the appeal hasn't been decided yet. We will know shortly after GB and CSM know what the decision is.
Actually this just means that miller said "no comment, next question".
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Why couldn't he play in an exhibition game. Not much different than the red blue or is it? I would be more concerned if he played but ran with the second unit as they know they need to establish rles as if they did not have him out there
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

It's obviously a private matter, and CSM won't say a word about it. He's protecting his player, as he should.

But as days and weeks pass, and the first actual game approaches, I don't know if they're going to let this become another Pitts situation where a player is not playing, and there's no explanation given. It would presumably be much harder to do this with Trier, who's arguably our best player. Hopefully, there's going to be a ruling or resolution soon, and everyone can move forward, mainly AT. He deserves to know where he stands.
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

Thank christ we have you here for us Beach.
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

Beachcat97 wrote:It's obviously a private matter, and CSM won't say a word about it. He's protecting his player, as he should.

But as days and weeks pass, and the first actual game approaches, I don't know if they're going to let this become another Pitts situation where a player is not playing, and there's no explanation given. It would presumably be much harder to do this with Trier, who's arguably our best player. Hopefully, there's going to be a ruling or resolution soon, and everyone can move forward, mainly AT. He deserves to know where he stands.
It's called student athlete's privacy.

I wouldn't expect a resolution any time soon, probably a month or so. In the mean time I wouldn't expect Zo on the court.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

azcat49 wrote:Why couldn't he play in an exhibition game. Not much different than the red blue or is it? I would be more concerned if he played but ran with the second unit as they know they need to establish rles as if they did not have him out there
There's certain team activities he's allowed to do and certain he's not now. Don't freak out when he's not on the bench in Hawaii.
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

ChooChooCat wrote: Don't freak out when he's not on the bench in Hawaii.
We won't because we know what's going on. But that's a high profile game, so we can expect this to become a national story, if it hasn't already. There's been hardly any coverage of this situation by national media.
HiCat

Post by HiCat »

fwiw...

If the appeal is on going, Allonzo should be allowed to play. Unless there's a final decision, AT should be on the court. (Or maybe CSM/ AT have agreed to sitting him out till they sort things out) Otherwise it just seems unfair to force him to miss games in this situation. :?
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

HiCat wrote:fwiw...

If the appeal is on going, Allonzo should be allowed to play. Unless there's a final decision, AT should be on the court. (Or maybe CSM/ AT have agreed to sitting him out till they sort things out) Otherwise it just seems unfair to force him to miss games in this situation. :?
But if he played and were later found to be ineligible, we'd have to forfeit any wins we got with him playing, right?
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Probably so, but no harm in an exhibition.

But then again, he doesn't need the playing time like the true freshmen do.
prh

Post by prh »

Is there really any harm in forfeiting non-conference games either? That would impact RPI, but you'd think the selection committee would still take what's clearly a great team. But you never know with them. What would you guys say?
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

prh wrote:Is there really any harm in forfeiting non-conference games either? That would impact RPI, but you'd think the selection committee would still take what's clearly a great team. But you never know with them. What would you guys say?
Play an ineligible player, don't go to the tourney. The NCAA, well, the worst sin around them is violating their rules.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

I don't think that's accurate in this case. Also what if I told you an appeal hasn't been filed yet?
Gilbertcat

Post by Gilbertcat »

That would mean a decision hasn't been reached by the ncaa which is good. Appeals are harder to win than initial decisions.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

Gilbertcat wrote:That would mean a decision hasn't been reached by the ncaa which is good. Appeals are harder to win than initial decisions.
Initial decisions are easy when it's simply pass or fail and that's already been decided at this point.
TJATUA

Post by TJATUA »

ChooChooCat wrote:
Gilbertcat wrote:That would mean a decision hasn't been reached by the ncaa which is good. Appeals are harder to win than initial decisions.
Initial decisions are easy when it's simply pass or fail and that's already been decided at this point.
In other words, he failed and won't be playing in the exhibition game?
HiCat

Post by HiCat »

ChooChooCat wrote:

I don't think that's accurate in this case. Also what if I told you an appeal hasn't been filed yet?

I'm confused. :?
BE4RDOWN21

Post by BE4RDOWN21 »

In case you all wanted to know, the Ban count on PGU is now at 5... I guess its bad to call out ACE on his insecurities and lack of knowledge when it comes to College Basketball
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Lol... Thanks for the update!

Drugs equal scrambled brains and paranoia.
HiCat

Post by HiCat »

On eve of exhibition, Allonzo Trier's status remains unclear
Bruce Pascoe Arizona Daily Star Updated 11 hrs ago

UA coach Sean Miller would not say if Allonzo Trier will play in Arizona’s exhibition game against the College of Idaho on Tuesday, or whether he's been practicing with the Wildcats.

Trier did not show up as scheduled at the Pac-12 media day in San Francisco on Oct. 21, when Miller declined comment (as he did following the Oct. 14 Red-Blue Game). So since it has been a while, after Miller initially declined comment again today, I asked him if it was a situation that's still pending or under some sort of appeal.

“I was taught a long time ago when I was four years old that no doesn’t mean maybe,” Miller said in response. “Maybe that’s just Beaver County, Pennsylvania. But no doesn’t mean maybe."

http://tucson.com/sports/arizonawildcat ... 4fdef.html" target="_blank
gumby

Post by gumby »

ChooChooCat wrote:

Is this going to be a "30 For 30"?
Right where I want to be.
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

Love Miller's response.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Colombo is kinda a dick. wTG Miller.
EVCat

Post by EVCat »

Beachcat97 wrote: But as days and weeks pass, and the first actual game approaches, I don't know if they're going to let this become another Pitts situation where a player is not playing, and there's no explanation given.
But what was the "Pitts Situation?"

We didn't know what was going on with Pitts but something was and he wasn't playing? OK.

And how was that a situation? It wasn't a distraction...no one asked anymore. People assumed he was not coming back. After about 5 games, it was not a "situation" as to imply there was some impact other than his absence. It was just a reality.

A player is not playing. The explanation is given to the people who need to know (the players). What is the situation? That the 4% of the fan base that goes nuts on message boards has not gotten their answer? Especially considering about 50% of that 4% knew what the situation was, just like many know what this situation is.
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

EVCat wrote:
Beachcat97 wrote: But as days and weeks pass, and the first actual game approaches, I don't know if they're going to let this become another Pitts situation where a player is not playing, and there's no explanation given.
But what was the "Pitts Situation?"

We didn't know what was going on with Pitts but something was and he wasn't playing? OK.

And how was that a situation? It wasn't a distraction...no one asked anymore. People assumed he was not coming back. After about 5 games, it was not a "situation" as to imply there was some impact other than his absence. It was just a reality.

A player is not playing. The explanation is given to the people who need to know (the players). What is the situation? That the 4% of the fan base that goes nuts on message boards has not gotten their answer? Especially considering about 50% of that 4% knew what the situation was, just like many know what this situation is.
Round and round we go. Done with this thread until we actually know anything.
TheBlackLodge

Post by TheBlackLodge »

Formerly McLurvin
97cats

Post by 97cats »

however, just to be clear, the Pitts situation was a major distraction inside the locker room, around the program in general, and in the athletic department. the team dealt with a bunch of drama that never reached the public -- to a point that i wouldnt wish any of what happened last year on any team trying to make a serious run in March.

if ya asked Coach Miller that he would say the same thing, the fact that it was kept out of the public domain in no way fairly depicts the negative impact it had.
EVCat

Post by EVCat »

rgdeuce wrote:Love Miller's response.
Ehh. I like the idea of it. But the Beaver County, Pennslyvania bit irks me for some reason. I understand it is where he is from, but the whole connotation is "where I come from, truth is truth and no is no, but I don't know what you all do out here."

Also, the question HAS to be asked. If it wasn't asked, the people who subscribe or may subscribe to the paper, the die hards on these message boards, would be flipping out. "The Tucson media are pussies. They won't even ask the question. How are we ever supposed to find out?' and so forth. If you don't ask the question each presser, things could change and some national media scoops the story and Miller could say "well...you didn't ask if it was resolved. It isn't my job to do your job for you." Because coaches always favor national press, even though those MFers barely know the team's mascot name and aren't there grinding with you on another 11:20p end in Pullman, Washington, getting the story of the game out for the later morning edition.

It goes to a larger pet peeve of mine, of coaches of college sports believing their own hype, and really thinking what they do is super important and elevates them above the people who cover them and the people who fill the seats and watch the sport. You coach people to throw a ball through a hole, at its essence, in representation of a university, presumably with student athletes doing the ball throwing/stopping. You are very popular, you have a player who is being held out, rumors are everywhere that he is suspended due to an NCAA investigation, and the reporter for the sports section that covers the program and thereby helps in promotion of this product that pays the coach an astonishingly high salary (deserved, but still a result of our own misplaced priorities, not his fault) asks a question, as he will at every presser, about the situation. The Nick Saban effect...coach as God. Miller slips into that mode more than I am comfortable with (not that my opinion matters).

The question is coming, and is part of the job. Your job is partially to deal with this situation. The guy asking the question is trying to make his employers happy so he keeps getting a paycheck. The question is valid. Your inability to answer is also valid. So cut the talking down to the guy who is not, in any way, your direct report or your inferior, and just answer the fucking question, no matter how exhausting it is to say the same 5 seconds worth of words once a week. The question was different than the "can you give details about why Trier is out"...substantially. There is a chance Miller could (though he won't) say "I can't give you details on what is going on with Allonzo, but I can tell you that we are working with the athletic department, league, and NCAA to have a resolution to all player issues as soon as possible" or "there are a lot of rumors out there. We have heard them. We have asked the NCAA if we can proceed with our expected roster and are awaiting word", or a number of other answers that aren't "fuck you...I said no. Go to bed without supper."

My discomfort with this really gets down to the dichotomy in my own head...I love this stuff and am obsessed with it and follow the team closely and live and die on its every move and love Miller and want us to do whatever we need to do monetarily to keep him...but at the same time, he isn't 1/10th as important as a single of our medical school instructors or engineering profs, or the Astronomical Sciences staff, etc, etc. People like me give these adults who played a game well then taught people how to play a game well a profile that allows them to, frankly, act like primadonnas at times. The most common example is the interaction of coach with the press. If the press didn't cover them, the coach would freak out. There are still a lot of current ticketholders who read the beat writer and the Star and their coverage helps the coach much more than it hurts him. You all have to work in close proximity. Just be decent.