Allonzo Trier

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

rgdeuce

Re: Allonzo Trier

Post by rgdeuce »

ASUHATER! wrote: don't be that guy, Chi. you know better. it's anything but a win. in fact it's a huge loss for everyone, especially RS. feel so bad for the kid. just am pointing out the terrible behavior and posts of some of the people on here.
Terrible behavior? All I saw was a bunch of reasonable fans who were optimistic for a kid who had been through a lot and had high hopes of him gradually contributing more and more as the season progressed. No one knew if he was a Derrick Rose or just someone who had bad luck strike twice. The professionals were saying positive things and there were plenty of examples of bounce back stories. Everyone here knows the history of this and YOU knew that, but you still couldn't help yourself. And you did it when Ray, the entire U of A family, and everyone here is emotionally vulnerable and feeling horrible for the kid. Now tell me, what sounds like the terrible behavior in all of this? Your actions show your sympathy for the kid is merely for show.
luteformayor2

Post by luteformayor2 »

At what point is it ok to say that Miller and the training staff messed up bad?

He had an injury scare very early and knowing Ray's history that should have been a sign to slow things down.
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

Blaming an injury on a coach. Cool.
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

He was medically cleared, and Smith reported himself 100%. Nothing else Miller and staff could do.

Wrong thread anyway.
UofAlum05

Post by UofAlum05 »

I heard a new one today. It isn't PED related at all. It is an academic issue that will either blow over or end up being very, very bad for the entire basketball program. Sort of like a Jalen Rose/Memphis type situation.
HiCat

Post by HiCat »

Very tough situation for the kid. Important decisions coming now, and it won't be easy. As mentioned above, how he's dealing with the situation says a lot about his character. Hats off to him.
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

UofAlum05 wrote:I heard a new one today. It isn't PED related at all. It is an academic issue that will either blow over or end up being very, very bad for the entire basketball program. Sort of like a Jalen Rose/Memphis type situation.
You mean the Jalen Rose who went to Michigan?
MountainCat

Post by MountainCat »

UofAlum05 wrote:I heard a new one today. It isn't PED related at all. It is an academic issue that will either blow over or end up being very, very bad for the entire basketball program. Sort of like a Jalen Rose/Memphis type situation.
....you mean Derrick?
No Bandwagon Here! Always a Cat!
UofAlum05

Post by UofAlum05 »

MountainCat wrote:
....you mean Derrick?
Yes Derrick. Kind of ironic that Ray Smith and Alonzo Trier are being compared to situations pertaining to Derrick Rose.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Jalen Rose Michigan was money for a booster to the fab five. It fucked the program. are you sure abou this?
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Jesus...Thst would be awfule if true, regarding AT. No wonder Miller is tight lipped.

Wouldn't stop UNC.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

CalStateTempe wrote:Jalen Rose Michigan was money for a booster to the fab five. It fucked the program. are you sure abou this?
He meant Derrick Rose. Someone else taking the SAT for him is what I seem to remember.
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

Several people "in the know" has stated it's not academic related.
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

ASUHATER! wrote:
Chicat wrote:
ASUHATER! wrote:crazy how i said this, pretty much word for word, before but was destroyed on the board.
Congrats on your big win.
don't be that guy, Chi.
Sorry, should have realized the Internet Douchnozzle position had already been filled by you.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
gumby

Post by gumby »

Jefe wrote:Not a single Trier question or statement at either post game presser...
PR staff announced before presser there would be no comment on Trier and that anyone who asked about Comanche would be referred to the statement put out before the game.
Right where I want to be.
qwertyus

Post by qwertyus »

So...Really nothing has changed with Trier?

He's got some sort of issue, nobody is sure what it is. He may be ineligible for all, part, or none of the season. There may or may not be an appeal on whatever issue Trier is having with the NCAA.

Did I miss anything?

He didn't play in an exhibition game, but of course, that tells us absolutely nothing concrete. If AT is going through something with the NCAA, he's probably not going to be interacting with the team as if nothing is happening. If there's already been a ruling, and we're waiting on an appeal, same thing. If he's already been ruled ineligible, then he'd never have been playing in the R/B game or participating in team activities at all. But so far as I can tell, the only thing he's not doing is participating during games.
Gilbertcat

Post by Gilbertcat »

I like the fact that he did the shoot around. Means he is practicing and all the rumors about him leaving school are not true. So I did see some positives last night.
EVCat

Post by EVCat »

rgdeuce wrote:This is certainly not a situation that warrants an "I told you so," no matter how anyone else was acting. Come on man.
Plus, it is like saying "everyone who crosses the street here gets run over", and then someone gets run over and you say "SEEE?!?!?!"

No...that was a fluke. Lots of people cross the street and don't die.

LOTS of people come back from ACL tears, and a first tear on a knee is almost McSurgery. The fact that it happened this time is not indicative of any logic in the initial statement. Sometimes, the slot machine comes up 777, but the fact that it does when someone says it will is not evidence that it was a logical statement to say it would.
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

luteformayor2 wrote:At what point is it ok to say that Miller and the training staff messed up bad?

He had an injury scare very early and knowing Ray's history that should have been a sign to slow things down.
At some point you gotta take the training wheels off and let them go. He was properly cleared by the right people. Flareups, soreness, stiffness, scares, etc. are all expected along the line of recovery. Those dont go away until things are pushed, cautiously and with proper oversight (ie: limited minutes, like as planned). I had surgery on a torn ligament in my dominant wrist. The rehab sucks, but then it gets to a point where it does all it can and the pain is almost gone, if not gone at all. But eventually, u have to go out in the real work and open a jar, use a screwdriver, shoot a basketball, spank your monkey, etc., and there is pain, soreness, flareups and scares. But that is expected with more dynamic, everyday activities that work things differently than physical therapy in a controlled environment. Eventually you get stronger and get back most of your motion and things are almost like they were before, with a few hiccups once or twice a year. If he babies it til December, he is at the same risk with the same problems as he had November 1.

If the first scare was a knee, I agree. But it was apparently an ankle and he was fine to return. We as fans just have to come to terms with the fact that nothing, outside of not playing basketball, could have prevented this. It just so happened last night was the night. Could have happened during drills or running 5 on 5 in practice. It wasn't some freak event like a foot getting stuck in astro turf - that finish and collision is going to happen in many games for his style of player, and things get even more amped up when the games have more meaning and he gets more confidence. And there were probably plenty of scares in practice before last night, even being cautious.
Gilbertcat wrote:I like the fact that he did the shoot around. Means he is practicing and all the rumors about him leaving school are not true. So I did see some positives last night.
Well, at least it puts to bed the fact he is leaving right now. He still has to stay ready in case things work out in his favor, and he has to stay ready if they dont. Gotta be in game shape whether he is a Cat or plays overseas for a season.
EVCat

Post by EVCat »

for those in the know (if such a thing exists in today's Miller world)...

...is there any additional factor here, or other incidents that are cumulative? A Sean Elliott/Anthony Cook like story?
Jefe

Post by Jefe »

The other worthless site is talking about Maria Sharapova and meldonium in relation to Trier
84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

Jefe wrote:The other worthless site is talking about Maria Sharapova and meldonium in relation to Trier
So he might get suspended for taking a substance that many people believe give you zero percent athletic enhancement? oye
TJATUA

Post by TJATUA »

https://instagram.com/p/BMaebtdATo3/" target="_blank

Anyone care to decode this?
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

It's black.
HiCat

Post by HiCat »

Jefe wrote:The other worthless site is talking about Maria Sharapova and meldonium in relation to Trier

Based on what source? :?:
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

HiCat wrote:

A one post user since 2007?

Wildcat Fan

Drwellis's Avatar Member Since
Dec 2007
Pick Em Rank
N/A
Default Trier Suspension
Think Maria Sharapova.
HiCat

Post by HiCat »

Merkin wrote:
HiCat wrote:

A one post user since 2007?

Wildcat Fan

Drwellis's Avatar Member Since
Dec 2007
Pick Em Rank
N/A
Default Trier Suspension
Think Maria Sharapova.
You're the man Merk. Able to leap tall bldgs with a single keystroke.

One post since 07?? pfffft.. so much for credibility. :roll:
HiCat

Post by HiCat »

Sean Miller doesn’t say if Allonzo Trier will travel with team to Hawai’i

With the regular season less than five days away, it’s still unclear if the Arizona Wildcats will have sophomore guard Allonzo Trier in their opener against the Michigan State Spartans.

The Wildcats travel to Honolulu on Wednesday, but whether or not Trier will be on that plane was not addressed after Sunday’s game against Chico State.

I’m not going to comment on Allonzo,” head coach Sean Miller said when asked if he could say if Trier will travel with the team.

http://www.azdesertswarm.com/basketball ... igan-state" target="_blank
Bangkok Wildcat

Post by Bangkok Wildcat »

The Sports Editor from the AZ Daily Wildcat says 'not traveling with team...'.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Saul_Bookman ... 8038411264
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

What's disappointing is that this cannot be resolved, or ruled upon, swiftly. Why does it take weeks?
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Beachcat97 wrote:What's disappointing is that this cannot be resolved, or ruled upon, swiftly. Why does it take weeks?
The NCAA is involved.
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:
Beachcat97 wrote:What's disappointing is that this cannot be resolved, or ruled upon, swiftly. Why does it take weeks?
The NCAA is involved.
I can remember recent eligibility issues with players at Kansas, UCLA, and UK. Most were resolved within the first couple weeks of the season, if not earlier.
DiehardDave37

Post by DiehardDave37 »

rgdeuce wrote:
luteformayor2 wrote:At what point is it ok to say that Miller and the training staff messed up bad?

At some point you gotta take the training wheels off and let them go. He was properly cleared by the right people. Flareups, soreness, stiffness, scares, etc. are all expected along the line of recovery. Those dont go away until things are pushed, cautiously and with proper oversight (ie: limited minutes, like as planned). I had surgery on a torn ligament in my dominant wrist. The rehab sucks, but then it gets to a point where it does all it can and the pain is almost gone, if not gone at all. But eventually, u have to go out in the real work and open a jar, use a screwdriver, shoot a basketball, spank your monkey, etc., and there is pain, soreness, flareups and scares. But that is expected with more dynamic, everyday activities that work things differently than physical therapy in a controlled environment. Eventually you get stronger and get back most of your motion and things are almost like they were before, with a few hiccups once or twice a year. If he babies it til December, he is at the same risk with the same problems as he had November 1.

If the first scare was a knee, I agree. But it was apparently an ankle and he was fine to return. We as fans just have to come to terms with the fact that nothing, outside of not playing basketball, could have prevented this. It just so happened last night was the night. Could have happened during drills or running 5 on 5 in practice. It wasn't some freak event like a foot getting stuck in astro turf - that finish and collision is going to happen in many games for his style of player, and things get even more amped up when the games have more meaning and he gets more confidence. And there were probably plenty of scares in practice before last night, even being cautious.
Gilbertcat wrote:I like the fact that he did the shoot around. Means he is practicing and all the rumors about him leaving school are not true. So I did see some positives last night.
Well, at least it puts to bed the fact he is leaving right now. He still has to stay ready in case things work out in his favor, and he has to stay ready if they dont. Gotta be in game shape whether he is a Cat or plays overseas for a season.
Well said!
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Beachcat97 wrote:
Spaceman Spiff wrote:
The NCAA is involved.
I can remember recent eligibility issues with players at Kansas, UCLA, and UK. Most were resolved within the first couple weeks of the season, if not earlier.
Cheick Diallo missed 5 regular season games. Allonzo has missed zero so far.
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

Beachcat97 wrote:
Spaceman Spiff wrote:
The NCAA is involved.
Aren't we in the first few weeks of the season?
2018 Bear Down Wildcats Conference Championship Challenge Champion
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

Beachcat97 wrote:
Spaceman Spiff wrote:
The NCAA is involved.
Cheick Diallo was cleared November 26, after Kansas played whatever exhibitions and five regular season games, including Duke and Indiana. One of many examples that there is no such thing as quick with the NCAA no matter what it is.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

PHXCATS wrote:
Beachcat97 wrote:
Spaceman Spiff wrote:
The NCAA is involved.
Aren't we in the first few weeks of the season?
We're actually 4 days away from the start of the season.
Gilbertcat

Post by Gilbertcat »

Ignore, Seth Davis misheard who is playing.

EDIT: Listening to it, sounded like he means Chance, not Trier. :evil:

http://www.espn.com/espnradio/play?id=17991467" target="_blank
Last edited by Gilbertcat on Mon Nov 07, 2016 9:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
loomer

Post by loomer »

Gilbertcat wrote: EDIT: Listening to it, sounded like he means Chance. :evil:
He definitely said Chance.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

But seems we will know about Trier soon enough.
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

Fair enough. Then we should have some actual news on AT within the next 4 to 6 weeks. Hey, if he's cleared to play by the start of the Pac schedule, we'll be thrilled.
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

Seth Davis is a twat
BE4RDOWN21

Post by BE4RDOWN21 »

Olsondogg wrote:Seth Davis is a twat

I can't believe this twat put Oregon at #2 in his Top 25
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

BE4RDOWN21 wrote:

By March, OR could be a top 5 team.
Bear Down Vegas

Post by Bear Down Vegas »

I don't mean this as a direct analogy but more about - something like this happens every year. Injuries, grades, disciplinary issues...and it never changes how I feel about the 'Cats on the floor. My team is on the floor yo.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Bear Down Vegas

Post by Bear Down Vegas »

The crowd does remind me of some people around here though.
BE4RDOWN21

Post by BE4RDOWN21 »

Beachcat97 wrote:
BE4RDOWN21 wrote:

Sure, I could see that. Their non-conference schedule is mediocre though with only Gtown, Baylor and Alabama being potential threats. If they can run the table in their non-conference albeit potentially without Brooks, then I could certainly see a 2 spot for them.
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

BE4RDOWN21 wrote:
Beachcat97 wrote:
BE4RDOWN21 wrote:

Sure, I could see that. Their non-conference schedule is mediocre though with only Gtown, Baylor and Alabama being potential threats. If they can run the table in their non-conference albeit potentially without Brooks, then I could certainly see a 2 spot for them.
Not to get too far afield of the thread topic, but I mean, OR is the favorite to win the Pac. If they go like 16-2 in league with some nice OOC wins, they are definitely a 2 seed and could be in the mix for a 1.
BE4RDOWN21

Post by BE4RDOWN21 »

For sure. Also, can anyone confirm the validity of AT traveling to Hawaii? Someone in another forum said that both him and CC are there.