Allonzo Trier

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

whatisee

Re: Allonzo Trier

Post by whatisee »

Hoping he's back asap, but it may have been the best thing for the team. Not sure Kobi would have emerged this quickly.
FightWildcatsFight

Post by FightWildcatsFight »

ASUHATER! wrote:I won't believe anything until an official announcement from Byrne/Miller and it had been reported and confirmed in the real media
Are we sure the athletic department would even make an announcement? Real media definitely.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

Irish27 wrote:
ChooChooCat wrote:I still haven't heard if the final hurdle for Trier to be cleared yet has occurred (wasn't anything major), but it was fully expected to at the very least be good to go by the Vegas games at the latest, barring a catastrophe of course. I didn't expect that hurdle to be cleared over the weekend, but hey maybe things like this are open for business on the weekends now. Did I mention fuck Ace though?
A few days ago you were saying it was going to end bad for Trier. Do you get your info from PGU?
I mean you can put words in my mouth or quote what I said. I said I didn't feel optimistic because the merits of the appeal changed. Turns out I was wrong, I said as much shortly after when I said I may have been overreacting. No I don't get my information from a mentally unstable quack.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

FightWildcatsFight wrote:
ASUHATER! wrote:I won't believe anything until an official announcement from Byrne/Miller and it had been reported and confirmed in the real media
Are we sure the athletic department would even make an announcement? Real media definitely.
My guess is there is zero announcement and he'll just be playing. I wouldn't expect any formal announcement or even a response to the question "why did Trier sit out?" at all.
dirtbags

Post by dirtbags »

Merkin wrote:He banned me from following his tweets, along with posting at his site.
badge of honor, merk, badge of honor. :D
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

Let me know if you're interested in what my inside source is telling me.
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

Yes
Daryl Zero

Post by Daryl Zero »

Longhorned wrote:Let me know if you're interested in what my inside source is telling me.
Don't you think its weird that you keep a source inside you.
Erlich Bachmann: Richard wrote the code, yes, but the inspiration was clear. Let me ask you something. How fast do you think you could jack off every guy in this room? Cause I know how long it would take me. And I could prove it.
Schnebly

Post by Schnebly »

Longhorned wrote:Let me know if you're interested in what my inside source is telling me.
Well, Longhorned, I'd tell ya to stick yer inside source straight up yer keister but that would be redundant, now wouldn't it?

Fondly,
Schnebs
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

Unless you've been dissected, you can't be sure you're not all solid skin on the inside. That might be you. Skin on the inside.
Schnebly

Post by Schnebly »

I'm not ashamed as a man to admit it's by far my largest organ.
Bangkok Wildcat

Post by Bangkok Wildcat »

In any case, any source, I'm a diehard Wildcat and frickin' ecstatic if this is true!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Will temper my excitement until it's official AND with our snakebit season already, just try to enjoy it game by game. BTFD!

PS. About to watch my first football game online now....ughhhhhh
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

I find this whole situation fascinating. People want so desperately to be insiders and "in the know" that they basically run with whatever rumor they've been told. In this thread alone, several things have been suggested and then thrown out the window--all by the very same poster(s). Yet the insistence of "I know from my source" about what is coming never ends.

Even on other sites the information waivers from what I mentioned above to "we can't say anything because it will hurt our model".
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
HiCat

Post by HiCat »

The sound of the clock ticking is getting louder.
gumby

Post by gumby »

Bangkok Wildcat wrote:In any case, any source, I'm a diehard Wildcat and frickin' ecstatic if this is true!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Will temper my excitement until it's official AND with our snakebit season already, just try to enjoy it game by game. BTFD!

Thoughts and prayers.
Right where I want to be.
gumby

Post by gumby »

What was her screen name?
Right where I want to be.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

Olsondogg wrote:I find this whole situation fascinating. People want so desperately to be insiders and "in the know" that they basically run with whatever rumor they've been told. In this thread alone, several things have been suggested and then thrown out the window--all by the very same poster(s). Yet the insistence of "I know from my source" about what is coming never ends.

Even on other sites the information waivers from what I mentioned above to "we can't say anything because it will hurt our model".
Get used to it....

The Trump Era is just beginning.... truth doesn't matter any more.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

rgdeuce wrote:Trier swapped his jersey number for 35. 3, _ , 5. Also, 3+5 = 8. His old jersey number is 11. 1+1 = 2. 8 divided by 2 = ??? Illuminati
Illuminati confirmed.
84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

So the freshman back to the bench?

pjc
at
ka
lm
dr

ra
ks
cc
pinder
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

If Trier were to come back, there can be no lineup on the floor ever without either Trier or Simmons.
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

84Cat wrote:So the freshman back to the bench?

pjc
at
ka
lm
dr

ra
ks
cc
pinder
This is a great 9 man rotation.

If Trier does indeed come back and PJC can give us some consistency, we will be in very, very good shape.
HiCat

Post by HiCat »

FF run maybe. :)
EOCT

Post by EOCT »

If true, now a deep enough team to play aggressive pack-line to combine with our obvious O threats.

Can't wait to see AT back. Been dreaming about our runners in transition!
Schnebly

Post by Schnebly »

You all are completely missing the point.... Longhorned is a liar and a horse thief!!

Consider yourself warned and, well, you know, watch your horses, I guess.

Schnebs
Bangkok Wildcat

Post by Bangkok Wildcat »

gumby wrote:
Bangkok Wildcat wrote:In any case, any source, I'm a diehard Wildcat and frickin' ecstatic if this is true!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thoughts and prayers.
Lol, crying at the same time....lasted about 1 1/2 Q's before I hit mute and turned on my iPad.....pathetic display and not an entertaining product at all these days.....smh.

Thank God for Miller and UA Hoops!
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

AT is the x-factor. He's one of two "killers" we have on offense. I'd put our backcourt of KA, AT, RA, and KS up against any other in the nation and like our chances. We don't have the hype of UK or KU or OR or even UCLA, but having watched our guys, I think our guards can finish top three in the Pac and get to the second weekend of the tourney. That's if AT is eligible.
HiCat

Post by HiCat »

Beachcat97 wrote:AT is the x-factor. He's one of two "killers" we have on offense. I'd put our backcourt of KA, AT, RA, and KS up against any other in the nation and like our chances. We don't have the hype of UK or KU or OR or even UCLA, but having watched our guys, I think our guards can finish top three in the Pac and get to the second weekend of the tourney. That's if AT is eligible.
With AT back in the line up, Arizona will be tough to beat in March.
DiehardDave37

Post by DiehardDave37 »

:roll:
Schnebly wrote:You all are completely missing the point.... Longhorned is a liar and a horse thief!!

Schnebs
Animosity is why I try to avoid the PGU board.
Schnebly

Post by Schnebly »

He's the one who said skin on the inside. I mean if that's not throwing the gauntlet, I don't know what is.
dmjcat

Post by dmjcat »

Ace, of PGU fame, is getting a lot of "Love" at Reddit over his Trier tweet :lol:

https://www.reddit.com/r/CollegeBasketb ... rizona_on/" target="_blank
HiCat

Post by HiCat »

dmjcat wrote:Ace, of PGU fame, is getting a lot of "Love" at Reddit over his Trier tweet :lol:

:lol:
PennZona20

Post by PennZona20 »

So it was supposed to be an 11 man rotation , but 9 is doable and may be better for cohesion and chemistry. T-ferg and a healthy Ray would have been tough w all that size and spacing on the floor, but minutes would have been hard.

I personally think 10 man rotation would have been perfect, but those 9 can def get us to a FF if we can get a good draw. And if we can get a FF in Phoenix , I like our chances, even v a nova or U.K. Or healthy Duke.

The thing we miss the most about a healthy Ray is the ability to defend monster wings like Bridges and JJ etc. I personally think we can replace Fergusons play in the half court, although he would have been sick in transition. Also he seemed to be one of those guys who was unconscious when he got it going from 3.

I guess my point is w AT back and (please for the Love of God) that healthy 9 man rotation, I will stop thinking "what could have been" and start imagining "what could be".

Prob the biggest problem losing Ray and Ferg is at 9, we have no margin to be elite. Those 9 have to stay healthy for us to be FF contenders.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

Schnebly wrote:You all are completely missing the point.... Longhorned is a liar and a horse thief!!

Schnebs
The only horse I ever stole was the one I rode out of Nogales on.
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

A 9-man rotation of Dusan, Lauri, Trier, Kadeem, PJC, Simmons, Alkins, Pinder, Chance is as good as it gets. Pinder has probably exceeded all of our expectations. KS and RA are two bench guys (for now) who could be beasts come March. Chance has taken great strides. In KS, RA, and Chance, u have three guys who could be potential starters later in the season. You cant say that about many benches.

PJC is the one to keep an eye on in all of this. He hasn't completely coughed up that starting job, but if we are entering that conference grind and he isn't performing at a higher level more consistently, we may see Kadeem shift into that starting PG role again. Having two huge weapons in Lauri and Trier who can get their own buckets makes us a little less reliant on having a "traditional" PG. Plus a Kadeem, Trier and Simmons lineup is probably going to be light years ahead of PJC, Kadeem and Trier, not to mention massive massive massive. Two 7 footers, two 6'5ers and a 6'3 guy. I could also certainly see Miller play Dusan and PJC the same way though: start em and see how thing/match ups are going, if not good, adjust as needed.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

dmjcat wrote:Ace, of PGU fame, is getting a lot of "Love" at Reddit over his Trier tweet :lol:

Everyone knows PGU is the source. Every media outlet pretends we are not. And the haters would still hate even if I cured cancer.
You love me now right? - ACE
How you haters feeling right now? I always win. - ACE
Look at those haters on scout still not giving us credit. So sad. I'm a winner, get over it. - ACE

Were those real tweets from Ace? Apparently he knows he is a narcissist asshole who can't take criticism just like Trump, and is channeling him.

Saw Ace blocked a few more people on Twitter last weekend.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

he sounds like Trump in those tweets.
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Merkin wrote:

Everyone knows PGU is the source. Every media outlet pretends we are not. And the haters would still hate even if I cured cancer.
Look at those haters on scout still not giving us credit. So sad. I'm a winner, get over it. - ACE

Were those real tweets from Ace? Apparently he knows he is a narcissist asshole who can't take criticism just like Trump, and is channeling him.

Saw Ace blocked a few more people on Twitter last weekend.
2 thoughts:

1. Those tweets should rhyme. They don't, though.
2. It may say something about you if you have a lot of haters.
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

If you think his tweets are bad now, just wait until Trier is actually back.
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

Spaceman Spiff wrote: 2. It may say something about you if you have a lot of haters.
Church. Wish more people in this world understood this. Having haters is the ultimate compliment, but when you get to Lebron or Ace levels of haters, maybe it is time to start looking in the mirror.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

rgdeuce wrote:
Spaceman Spiff wrote: 2. It may say something about you if you have a lot of haters.
Church. Wish more people in this world understood this. Having haters is the ultimate compliment, but when you get to Lebron or Ace levels of haters, maybe it is time to start looking in the mirror.
Well, even LeBron can fall back on being extremely public and a megastar. Those guys already have some haters.

When you run an Arizona basketball website? I mean, I miss where the operators of this site are always whining about haters.
catgrad97

Post by catgrad97 »

A site admin's goal is never to have "haters," but more like a game official, never to be noticed.

That said, the parallels in communication as distraction from personal worthlessness between Ace and Trump are strong--and define the quintessentially 21st-century post-fact American personality type.

Wouldn't surprise me a bit to find out Ace leverages every dollar he gets for paraphernalia from Russian mobsters.
UofAlum05

Post by UofAlum05 »

rgdeuce wrote:A 9-man rotation of Dusan, Lauri, Trier, Kadeem, PJC, Simmons, Alkins, Pinder, Chance is as good as it gets. Pinder has probably exceeded all of our expectations. KS and RA are two bench guys (for now) who could be beasts come March. Chance has taken great strides. In KS, RA, and Chance, u have three guys who could be potential starters later in the season. You cant say that about many benches.

PJC is the one to keep an eye on in all of this. He hasn't completely coughed up that starting job, but if we are entering that conference grind and he isn't performing at a higher level more consistently, we may see Kadeem shift into that starting PG role again. Having two huge weapons in Lauri and Trier who can get their own buckets makes us a little less reliant on having a "traditional" PG. Plus a Kadeem, Trier and Simmons lineup is probably going to be light years ahead of PJC, Kadeem and Trier, not to mention massive massive massive. Two 7 footers, two 6'5ers and a 6'3 guy. I could also certainly see Miller play Dusan and PJC the same way though: start em and see how thing/match ups are going, if not good, adjust as needed.
I think PJC's 3's are going to start falling eventually. When that happens.....look out!!
EVCat

Post by EVCat »

Merkin wrote: Everyone knows PGU is the source. Every media outlet pretends we are not. And the haters would still hate even if I cured cancer.

He always wins? If that's the case, wouldn't he be a little more secure?

I would think Charlie Sheen would clearly not be the best person to emulate. The talking about "winning" thing is really associated with someone losing it...I wouldn't think it the best approach.

Seems I only know who he is from all the times he didn't win. Like when he harassed the family of local media. Or played home hopscotch. Or was wrong before he was right.

I don't know because I don't follow him, but has he always been on the "Trier will be back" train? Or did he predict Trier would be gone for the year and now, with a re-do, he got it right by being the first to say he was coming back? I don't know because I, honestly, only know the guy exists because of what is said here...
Last edited by EVCat on Mon Nov 21, 2016 10:25 am, edited 2 times in total.
jsbowl16

Post by jsbowl16 »

So what time will the presser be today announcing that Trier is back?
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

EVCat wrote:I don't know because I don't follow him, but has he always been on the "Trier will be back" train? Or did he predict Trier would be gone for the year and now, with a re-do, he got it right by being the first to say he was coming back? I don't know because I, honestly, only know the guy exists because of what is said here...
He ran with a story that Trier was suspended for the year and was on his way to play in Europe immediately. That was about a month ago. So yeah, he's definitely in the "throw it against the wall and yell out 'FIRST!!!'"camp.

And oh by the way, unhinged Ace-hole is still the only person to positively confirm that Trier is back. Most people think that if he is back, he'll just warm up and be on the court for a game at some point. No press conference or even official announcement. But Ace-hole is running with the idea that there's going to be a presser today to make the announcement. Not that PGU would be invited anyway...
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Gilbertcat

Post by Gilbertcat »

Why would you hold a press conference for this? I had my doubts and I was aware of who Ace was before this. After reading his stuff and how he only allows people who pump up his self image, I am extremely worried its not true. Boy would I be happy to be wrong.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Gilbertcat wrote:Why would you hold a press conference for this? I had my doubts and I was aware of who Ace was before this. After reading his stuff and how he only allows people who pump up his self image, I am extremely worried its not true. Boy would I be happy to be wrong.
You wouldn't hold a press conference. Because then the press would ask questions. What are you going to do? Have everyone drop what they're doing, come to McKale, then say "no comment" to everything?

But Ace-hole still thinks that's what is going to happen:
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

Chicat wrote:
EVCat wrote:I don't know because I don't follow him, but has he always been on the "Trier will be back" train? Or did he predict Trier would be gone for the year and now, with a re-do, he got it right by being the first to say he was coming back? I don't know because I, honestly, only know the guy exists because of what is said here...
He ran with a story that Trier was suspended for the year and was on his way to play in Europe immediately. That was about a month ago. So yeah, he's definitely in the "throw it against the wall and yell out 'FIRST!!!'"camp.

And oh by the way, unhinged Ace-hole is still the only person to positively confirm that Trier is back. Most people think that if he is back, he'll just warm up and be on the court for a game at some point. No press conference or even official announcement. But Ace-hole is running with the idea that there's going to be a presser today to make the announcement. Not that PGU would be invited anyway...
Yeah his recent tweet saying Zo is cleared is inaccurate as of 10:39 Tucson time. He could be cleared today still, but more likely by the Vegas games. One hurdle left.

Why would the U of A, who has been absolutely silent on this topic for a very specific reason, put a press conference together to announce that he's playing? That falls very flat in the face of logic & common sense. It's one thing if they've been open from the beginning about this, but they haven't. When he's cleared put his ass on the court and message is fully delivered.
Last edited by ChooChooCat on Mon Nov 21, 2016 10:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Chicat wrote:
Gilbertcat wrote:Why would you hold a press conference for this? I had my doubts and I was aware of who Ace was before this. After reading his stuff and how he only allows people who pump up his self image, I am extremely worried its not true. Boy would I be happy to be wrong.
You wouldn't hold a press conference. Because then the press would ask questions. What are you going to do? Have everyone drop what they're doing, come to McKale, then say "no comment" to everything?

But Ace-hole still thinks that's what is going to happen:
Remember the secret stuff we couldn't discuss? Still secret, still can't discuss it, but it's over. Now, who wants to ask questions about Keanu's hair?