Allonzo Trier

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

UofAlum05

Re: Allonzo Trier

Post by UofAlum05 »

Must be close to getting out of his system if there is much anticipation before the last 2 games.
84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
Harvey Specter

Post by Harvey Specter »

84Cat wrote:
Sheer calling out someone for a Twitter fail?

That's rich :lol:
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

Harvey Specter wrote:
84Cat wrote:

What has Scheer ever contributed to Twitter fail?
Harvey Specter

Post by Harvey Specter »

Longhorned wrote:
Harvey Specter wrote:
84Cat wrote:

I stopped following him after calling Ivan Rabb a Momma's boy for staying at home for college... so it has been a while, but he was the ultimate dogmatic fan, from what I remember.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

84Cat wrote:Someone steal all his sweatpants please!
Seriously, how is that the telltale sign? He wore shorts and game shoes last time.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Harvey Specter wrote:
Longhorned wrote:
Harvey Specter wrote:
84Cat wrote:

I stopped following him after calling Ivan Rabb a Momma's boy for staying at home for college... so it has been a while, but he was the ultimate dogmatic fan, from what I remember.
I don't think you understand the number of emails, twitter DMs, PMs, and posts he has to answer when some random dude says Trier is playing. I don't blame him at all for being annoyed at the "you heard it here first" crowd.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
dcZONAfan

Post by dcZONAfan »

Chicat wrote: I don't think you understand the number of emails, twitter DMs, PMs, and posts he has to answer when some random dude says Trier is playing. I don't blame him at all for being annoyed at the "you heard it here first" crowd.
That's all well and good, Chi. But if he really called Rabb a momma's boy for staying home, he's a fucking bitch and I couldn't give a shit about what he has to deal with in his inbox. What a bitch move from a supposed "professional". Nobody has the right to say that about a kid's college decision. That's absolutely awful.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

dcZONAfan wrote:
Chicat wrote: I don't think you understand the number of emails, twitter DMs, PMs, and posts he has to answer when some random dude says Trier is playing. I don't blame him at all for being annoyed at the "you heard it here first" crowd.
That's all well and good, Chi. But if he really called Rabb a momma's boy for staying home, he's a fucking bitch and I couldn't give a shit about what he has to deal with in his inbox. What a bitch move from a supposed "professional". Nobody has the right to say that about a kid's college decision. That's absolutely awful.
I would confirm what he said for myself before going HAM like that, but hey, that's just me...
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Harvey Specter

Post by Harvey Specter »

dcZONAfan wrote:
That's pretty much where I am parked on the matter, and it is not the only time he has done that kind of shit. In all fairness to him, it is not uncommon among site moderators.

These guys fancy themselves as some sort of professional sports journalists, when in reality they are nothing but fans with a platform and a rah-rah agenda.

They typically kiss the asses of the people in charge of the programs they follow (for continued access, I know) ... But if I want to read dogmatic homer bullshit, why pay for it when I can go to any UA website and read it for free.

Good for them, I know a lot of people eat it up. I am just not one of them.
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

Are some of you starting to think he may not play this year?
Harvey Specter

Post by Harvey Specter »

Beachcat97 wrote:Are some of you starting to think he may not play this year?
No. The thought has never crossed my mind.

Doh!
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

He'll play, shut up.
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

ChooChooCat wrote:
He'll play, shut up.
Probably. But we have no reason to think this.
EVCat

Post by EVCat »

Nope. My source (as I have one...just one) says "very close", which makes me think it wasn't known until the last day this time. We have a week before another game...I would not be surprised to see him available on the roadie.

But the "go" time cannot be circled on a calendar. We can know when it is close, but the tests will determine thar
EVCat

Post by EVCat »

Beachcat97 wrote:
ChooChooCat wrote:
He'll play, shut up.
Probably. But we have no reason to think this.
You have reason to believe this. Any indication of "no reason to believe" is just not paying attention.

I have every reason that he will return and know it was close today and there is one possible hang up that could undo it but we are close. And that timing couldn't be better if it works out.

The very fact that he is there, Miller talked about him (even if he had to peel back due to a cautious program), he continues to work with the team, and the press, who know, largely what is up, haven't said "oh...he is done". All of those should be reasons for you, in context, to think he is coming back.
Bangkok Wildcat

Post by Bangkok Wildcat »

EVCat wrote:
Nope. My source (as I have one...just one) says "very close", which makes me think it wasn't known until the last day this time. We have a week before another game...I would not be surprised to see him available on the roadie.

But the "go" time cannot be circled on a calendar. We can know when it is close, but the tests will determine thar
We will need him to have a decent chance at UCLA IMHO.....of course I'm being very conservative on that at this time....
Harvey Specter

Post by Harvey Specter »

Chicat wrote:
dcZONAfan wrote:
I would confirm what he said for myself before going HAM like that, but hey, that's just me...
Not a direct quote but I am not sure how else you would interpret this one...
Although I am quite sure he must have posted something similar when Adam Hall picked UA over Bama & USC in FB... I mean, cuz he's an objective professional and all.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

"Momma's boy" must be in there somewhere. I'll put on my decoder ring and find it.

Of course he could have been talking about not wanting to leave familiar environs, his friends, high school coaches, mentors, handlers, family in general, but you made it about Rabb's mom and you've got posters calling Scheer a "fucking bitch". Excellent work Harv.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

Chicat wrote:"Momma's boy" must be in there somewhere. I'll put on my decoder ring and find it.

Of course he could have been talking about not wanting to leave familiar environs, his friends, high school coaches, mentors, handlers, family in general, but you made it about Rabb's mom and you've got posters calling Scheer a "fucking bitch". Excellent work Harv.
I'd echo your thought above that the posters have some responsibility for that as well.
Last edited by Longhorned on Fri Jan 13, 2017 6:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

EVCat wrote: I have every reason that he will return and know it was close today and there is one possible hang up that could undo it but we are close.
Once he's back, is he back? Or will it depend on fluctuations of things like body sweat and hair products?
HiCat

Post by HiCat »

ChooChooCat wrote:
He'll play, shut up.

When AT hits the floor at McKale the joint's going to be jumping. 8-)

Let the party start by the 21st!
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

Longhorned wrote:
EVCat wrote: I have every reason that he will return and know it was close today and there is one possible hang up that could undo it but we are close.
Once he's back, is he back? Or will it depend on fluctuations of things like body sweat and hair products?
Once he's back he's back, no more rigorous testing.
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

ChooChooCat wrote:
Longhorned wrote:
I'm inferring that he is getting tested regularly (weekly) and it's just not completely out of his system yet.

Hot or Cold?
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

I don't know if it's hot or cold but it's in the punch bowl.
Bear Down Vegas

Post by Bear Down Vegas »

Harvey Specter wrote:
Chicat wrote:
dcZONAfan wrote:
Although I am quite sure he must have posted something similar when Adam Hall picked UA over Bama & USC in FB... I mean, cuz he's an objective professional and all.
Really??

I am not sure how anyone wouldn't grade you pretty low on an interpretation scale.
Zero

Post by Zero »

Harvey Specter wrote:
Chicat wrote:
dcZONAfan wrote:
Give me a fucking break.
Main Event

Post by Main Event »

Alieberman wrote:
ChooChooCat wrote:
Longhorned wrote:
I'm inferring that he is getting tested regularly (weekly) and it's just not completely out of his system yet.

Hot or Cold?
Yup
gumby

Post by gumby »

Somebody on Twitter gave Pascoe grief for "raising hopes" on Trier. Basically, he should stop writing about it.

Up next: "Where is the investigative reporting on Trier?"

Can't win.
Right where I want to be.
dirtbags

Post by dirtbags »

rules Q, does an athlete who tests positive need to show the ncaa one clean test result to be cleared, or sustain a series of clean tests in a row as evidence?
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

dirtbags wrote:rules Q, does an athlete who tests positive need to show the ncaa one clean test result to be cleared, or sustain a series of clean tests in a row as evidence?
All it takes is one.
Jefe

Post by Jefe »

Weird seeing him in the warmup shirt and meeting the refs and ASU players at halfcourt before the game like he was the Co-Captain. I was really hoping for a 2nd half return
dirtbags

Post by dirtbags »

ChooChooCat wrote:
dirtbags wrote:rules Q, does an athlete who tests positive need to show the ncaa one clean test result to be cleared, or sustain a series of clean tests in a row as evidence?
All it takes is one.
excellent. thanks @choochoo
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

ChooChooCat wrote:
Longhorned wrote:
As a medical review officer for employers/institutions in similar or analogous situations, this is correct.

Choo's correct.

One and done.
dirtbags

Post by dirtbags »

best kind of OAD
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

I keep expecting somebody in rap to risk all their money on Trier and rise from 50th place to 1st.
splitsecond

Post by splitsecond »

Longhorned wrote:I keep expecting somebody in rap to risk all their money on Trier and rise from 50th place to 1st.
This is my kind of strategy
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

http://www.azdesertswarm.com/basketball ... ble-return" target="_blank

“Allonzo’s situation is kind of a once in a lifetime situation,” Miller says at about the six minute mark of the podcast. “He practices every day, so you have a great feel for how good he is, and in my mind, he would be one of the best guards in college basketball this season.”

“I can’t even say that I’m optimistic Jon,” Arizona’s coach says later on in the conversation. “I’m neutral. It is a very, very unique situation. It’s not something that I have control over...We have our fingers crossed that at some point he gets the green light, but at this point, I really can’t say when or even if it’s going to happen.”

Miller was asked about these comments in his weekly Monday press conference, and had this to say:

“I’m ambivalent. I don’t have control over the situation. When you’re dealing with a crisis or adversity, you finally settle in to what you really can control. We are coaching Allonzo. Academically he’s in a great place. He practices hard every day, is in great physical condition, but he’s not allowed to play and it’s not my choice. It’s just one of those situations that I wish was different, but it’s not.”
RichardCranium

Post by RichardCranium »

Longhorned wrote:I keep expecting somebody in rap to risk all their money on Trier and rise from 50th place to 1st.
Like he's gonna play like God his first time back?
Any sufficiently advanced troll is indistinguishable from a genuine kook.
EVCat

Post by EVCat »

So is Miller walking back his earlier enthusiasm due to some pressure, or did the one thing that could screw this up happen and we have reason to fear the worst?
HiCat

Post by HiCat »

“I can’t even say that I’m optimistic Jon,” Arizona’s coach says later on in the conversation. “I’m neutral. It is a very, very unique situation. It’s not something that I have control over...We have our fingers crossed that at some point he gets the green light, but at this point, I really can’t say when or even if it’s going to happen.”

:cry: arrrrghhh
CatFanOneMil

Post by CatFanOneMil »

This is probably a moot question but since we are all pretty much speculating I'll ask it anyway...

Miller talks about this coming from higher up, him just being a foot soldier...now not knowing all the ins-and-outs of Division 1 coaching hierarchy, do you think Greg B's leaving will have any impact/effect/resolution regarding this "once in a lifetime" outlier situation with Trier?

Is the higher up somehow affected or influenced by Greg Byrne at all, or is this purely NCAA laboratory rat feces in a stool sample?

I've heard some suggest this was not a NCAA imposed suspension, which seems ludicrous since Trier is allowed to travel (receive team financial benefits in the form of flights and motel/lodging/food), and Miller has said (today) that Trier is doing well in all other regards which includes classroom, so its obviously not (and never was) academic...for the school to impose a suspension and Millers language it would mean Byrne was pulling the strings, (which is HIGHLY unlikely unless it's some kind of investigation of a Pitts level accusation or Nike shoe deal not covered by NCAA rules...he DOES post a ton of Nike shoe pics, how does any college kid afford THAT many new shoes?)...

I'm not buying that Byrne has anything at all to do with this, but since it does affect the Uni. maybe the NCAA will speed up resolution with the news of his imminent departure forthcoming...

Inquiring minds want to know...
CatFanOneMil

Post by CatFanOneMil »

P.S. Ace is a fucking liar and knows nothing, I've seen his info on his pf and he's wrong...but of course he will never admit it being the retarded hindu drug addict he is...
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

I've got nothing this week for you guys outside of the fact that the Holiday will hurt in regards to any resolution by the USC game, although it's not impossible.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

He must be so tired of peeing in front of strangers.
The Goat

Post by The Goat »

Chicat wrote:He must be so tired of peeing in front of strangers.
At least he has a fall back career in Russia if this basketball thing doesn't work out.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

The Goat wrote:
At least he has a fall back career in Russia if this basketball thing doesn't work out.
:shock: :lol:
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

The Goat wrote:
Or just weekends in New York.
Puerco

Post by Puerco »

I read this and my first thought was, 'Oh shit, what has Ace done now?' :lol:
'A parent is the one person who is supposed to make their kid think they can do anything. Says they're beautiful even when they're ugly. Thinks they're smart even when they go to Arizona State.' -- Jack Donaghy