let's talk '15

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

3goggles

Re: let's talk '15

Post by 3goggles »

Our 2015 commits looking good in red and blue!
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (212.76 KiB) Viewed 2856 times
etank34

Post by etank34 »

Not sounding good for Rabb...
Airizona

Post by Airizona »

etank34 wrote:Not sounding good for Rabb...

Why do you say that? Still plenty of time before he decides
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Airizona wrote:
etank34 wrote:Not sounding good for Rabb...

Why do you say that? Still plenty of time before he decides
Where is '97?

Can we not post the impending doom without a reference for why doom is impending for us not in the know?
84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

Is he still visiting on 9/16?
Bear Down Vegas

Post by Bear Down Vegas »

Rabb is only "not looking good" because he is wide open.

There is a long way to go (he's not deciding this year) & none of the teams recruiting him feel like they lead. Arizona has just as good a shot as Cal or UNC or any of the others he's considering.

The reason it doesn't look good is because so many people believed Arizona led for so long.
etank34

Post by etank34 »

Reading between the lines, it appears there is a lot working against Arizona in this recruitment. Plus he seems to go out of his way to not mention Arizona in his interviews lately. You have to learn how to read between the lines whenever anyone in the know talks about these things, and after doing that I'm not at all confident that we're in a great spot right now.

Others can read between the lines differently I'm sure... I've just been learning how to interpret the recruiting speak for about 5 years now.
luteformayor2

Post by luteformayor2 »

I know a lot of blogger folks have been pushing this idea that Rabb and other Top 10 recruits Diamond Stone and Malik Newman are all gonna go to Kentucky together.

Well, sorry but that pipe shit dream is over. Diamond Stone narrowed to his final 5 and dropped Kentucky.

Looks like the package deal is done for, Rabb now feels better, and UK has almost zero chance of pulling a big class again.
azcat34

Post by azcat34 »

etank34 wrote:Reading between the lines, it appears there is a lot working against Arizona in this recruitment. Plus he seems to go out of his way to not mention Arizona in his interviews lately. You have to learn how to read between the lines whenever anyone in the know talks about these things, and after doing that I'm not at all confident that we're in a great spot right now.

Others can read between the lines differently I'm sure... I've just been learning how to interpret the recruiting speak for about 5 years now.
Look at it logically though, why would he go to Cal or UNC?

Cal is not there yet, kind of like when Miller went after Doron Lamb and Josh Selby. I just don't see Rabb staying home when he will likely only be in school for one year anyways.

UNC is obviously a storied program, but there is an investigation going on and it is extremely far away. It is one thing to go from the Bay Area to Arizona, but Rabb's friends and family will not be able to see him play much anywhere near as much if hes in NC. If UNC was the clear-cut better program, I could see the consideration but Arizona is everything any player needs right now and it is much closer.

Miller has owned California the last couple of recruiting classes and I don't see logically how either of these two other programs will change that.

There are very few schools right now that can pull a west coast kid away from Arizona that Miller is all-in on and I don't think UNC is one of them right now.
JMarkJohns

Post by JMarkJohns »

Rabb wants the decision to be his own. He doesn't want to follow, he wants to choose for himself. He doesn't want fate or destiny to limit his recruitment. He wants the control. What's funny is everybody is telling him to think for himself, to not follow, but they're basically asking him to follow their thinking elsewhere. Rabb is smart, has good advisors, and he knows he wants to win in college, and he knows he prefers to stay west. Right now he's weighing the new and unknown against the consistent and known, and when the new is Kentucky, Carolina, etc, you should listen.

The fact he never mentions Arizona but also will not drop them from consideration says there's simply more interest than he's letting on.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

I would be fairly shocked if Rabb eventually chooses Cal or UNC.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

Sometimes recruiting is like driving a car with a tire that has a slow leak.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

JMarkJohns wrote:Rabb wants the decision to be his own. He doesn't want to follow, he wants to choose for himself. He doesn't want fate or destiny to limit his recruitment. He wants the control. What's funny is everybody is telling him to think for himself, to not follow, but they're basically asking him to follow their thinking elsewhere. Rabb is smart, has good advisors, and he knows he wants to win in college, and he knows he prefers to stay west. Right now he's weighing the new and unknown against the consistent and known, and when the new is Kentucky, Carolina, etc, you should listen.

The fact he never mentions Arizona but also will not drop them from consideration says there's simply more interest than he's letting on.
Rabb has always seemed to dislike the implication that because he's a Soldier, Arizona will win out. I get why a kid might not want everyone just assuming he'll make a particular decision because of where he plays.

Recruiting against UNC and Kentucky, they're going to be attractive and make strong pushes. It was never really going to be open and shut if they were invested. It would take a lot more than this to shake my faith that Miller is a powerhouse recruiter.

I think a lot of the chatter focuses on the new because Arizona's presence has always been seen as the given.
Main Event

Post by Main Event »

Chicat wrote:I would be fairly shocked if Rabb eventually chooses Cal or UNC.
Same here
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

Main Event wrote:
Chicat wrote:I would be fairly shocked if Rabb eventually chooses Cal or UNC.
Same here
Same here. Not worried.
CBCat

Post by CBCat »

Longhorned wrote:Sometimes recruiting is like driving a car with a tire that has a slow leak.

I'll take this as a positive. 8-)
CBCat

Post by CBCat »

97cats wrote:its friday and im feeling chatty.........

I miss these posts.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

CBCat wrote:

I miss these posts.
You can thank ElGatoBlanco for their absence.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
3goggles

Post by 3goggles »

Do we know if Rabb responded to Nick Johnsons ice bucket challange?
midnightx

Post by midnightx »

Chicat wrote:
CBCat wrote:

I miss these posts.
You can thank ElGatoBlanco for their absence.
What happened? 97's insight was always informative and welcomed. Hope he comes back.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

midnightx wrote: What happened? 97's insight was always informative and welcomed. Hope he comes back.
EGB was stealing Scout premium info and feeding Ace over at PGU. Ace called up 97's business and said that 97 was stealing his info.

Ace did the same thing to Scheer. Scheer had to get a restraining order against Ace.
HiCat

Post by HiCat »

Don't want to get into a "political" discussion on the bball forum, but I'm guessing
97 was defamed. "Stealing his info", really? Not a chance, don't buy any of that bull....t.
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

luteformayor2

Post by luteformayor2 »

247sports has at 0% chance of landing him.

I don't know much about the kid, but I still firmly believe in Rabb and Commanche to end the class.

That said, 247 sports also had Kentucky at like 50% chance to get Diamond Stone and he dropped them off his final list. So really knows.

I guess we could fit him in :D
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

F*ck UNC.

Garbage program, Garbage institution.
3goggles

Post by 3goggles »

Looks like Trier, Smith and Simon are pushing for Bragg!
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (157.19 KiB) Viewed 2049 times
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

CalStateTempe wrote:F*ck UNC.

I know there's an athletics academics scandal, but let's not get nuts about this. I still defer to the foundation Smith built, not to mention championships under Roy. The bolded is hyperbole times a million.
gumby

Post by gumby »

Yeah. UNC is a fine university. Proximity seems to weigh heavily on CST. Stanford basher, too, as I recall.
Right where I want to be.
Puerco

Post by Puerco »

Closet Dukie
'A parent is the one person who is supposed to make their kid think they can do anything. Says they're beautiful even when they're ugly. Thinks they're smart even when they go to Arizona State.' -- Jack Donaghy
EOCT

Post by EOCT »

3goggles wrote:Looks like Trier, Smith and Simon are pushing for Bragg!
With good reason. Guy's a stud.

Big guy with a distance J. Even has a mid-range fall away. Loves to play D. Nice balance---terrific feet! Nice handles. Strong and extremely athletic.

At listed 6'9", plays taller. Yes, a PF, but if we miss on IR(please, no) Carlton with his aggressive game would complement a lesser C beautifully. And an IR/Bragg combo? Nasty! Much stronger potential that IR/Comanche.

So happy and surprised we're in the mix for this dude. Zo, you're right on target with Carlton!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bc6qola56BI
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

EOCT wrote:

Big guy with a distance J. Even has a mid-range fall away. Loves to play D. Nice balance---terrific feet! Nice handles. Strong and extremely athletic.

At listed 6'9", plays taller. Yes, a PF, but if we miss on IR(please, no) Carlton with his aggressive game would complement a lesser C beautifully. And an IR/Bragg combo? Nasty! Much stronger potential that IR/Comanche.

So happy and surprised we're in the mix for this dude. Zo, you're right on target with Carlton!

I hear you, but it sounds like Arizona just isn't a realistic destination for Bragg. In the end, Rabb could come to Arizona, but if that happens, something will have changed.
EOCT

Post by EOCT »

Longhorned wrote:
EOCT wrote:

I hear you, but it sounds like Arizona just isn't a realistic destination for Bragg. In the end, Rabb could come to Arizona, but if that happens, something will have changed.
LH, I see Bragg strategically coming under two possibilities.

First, with Ashley and Tarc leaving, Bragg coming to replace Ashley as a highly promising stretch 4. Second, should we not pull Rabb, Zimmerman or Comanche, to compliment Dusan as he develops and play some C, as well. Under the latter scenario, we'd have a frontcourt mix of Dusan, Bragg, Smith, Anderson and Victor to work with in '15. From Bragg's perspective, he sees a near certainty of both Ashley and tarc leaving and a likelihood of out -competing Victor for the starting PF spot.

Then we'd reach for a ' 16 Center.
Harvey Specter

Post by Harvey Specter »

Longhorned wrote:

I know there's an athletics academics scandal, but let's not get nuts about this. I still defer to the foundation Smith built, not to mention championships under Roy. The bolded is hyperbole times a million.
CST has been infected with the dookie disease, whether he admits it or not. Still a Cat through and through, but a slightly infected one.

If UNC is garbage, then Duke is radioactive waste.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Harvey Specter wrote:
Longhorned wrote:

CST has been infected with the dookie disease, whether he admits it or not. Still a Cat through and through, but a slightly infected one.

If UNC is garbage, then Duke is radioactive waste.
We all hate duke...but unc really is a pile of corruption.
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
Catstatic

Post by Catstatic »

It's quiet. Too quiet ....
3goggles

Post by 3goggles »

Catstatic wrote:It's quiet. Too quiet ....
Agreed!
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

3goggles wrote:
Agreed!
Anyone happen to remember when AG first gave his verbal commitment to AZ? Maybe just by way of comparison to the timetable Rabb, Bragg, Comanche, etc. are on.
3goggles

Post by 3goggles »

Beachcat97 wrote:
3goggles wrote:
Agreed!
Anyone happen to remember when AG first gave his verbal commitment to AZ? Maybe just by way of comparison to the timetable Rabb, Bragg, Comanche, etc. are on.
I feel like it was at the Mc Donalds All American Game
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

3goggles wrote:
Beachcat97 wrote:Anyone happen to remember when AG first gave his verbal commitment to AZ? Maybe just by way of comparison to the timetable Rabb, Bragg, Comanche, etc. are on.
I feel like it was at the Mc Donalds All American Game
Yes, I think so. First couple days of April IIRC.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

It was definitely at MD's. Remember Hollis-Jefferson jumping up and down and shouting in the back of the room?
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

So that's very, very late. That's only four months before he started college. Not sure how things are gonna play out with our remaining targets, but it could be a while before we know the full makeup of our '15 class.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

Anyway, my prediction is that Rabb will pick Arizona. While I do pay for the insider stuff, this isn't based on what I've read, and I don't think this is inconsistent with what's known. It's more than the witch thing. I just honestly think the program, the coaching, the community's fanaticism, McKale on game day, the McKale renovations, and the campus experience all make for a perfect storm that's too much for any competing program to overcome when Miller is locked in on a priority recruit. This is why he's batting 1.000. I may be wrong, but I'll believe otherwise when a credible source has a real nugget.
etank34

Post by etank34 »

He's cutting his list soon...that will say a lot.
azcat34

Post by azcat34 »

Puerco

Post by Puerco »

Crystal ball down to 39% us and 35% Cal.
'A parent is the one person who is supposed to make their kid think they can do anything. Says they're beautiful even when they're ugly. Thinks they're smart even when they go to Arizona State.' -- Jack Donaghy
azcat34

Post by azcat34 »

3goggles

Post by 3goggles »

azcat34 wrote:
Any word on how Rabbs visit with CAL went?
3goggles

Post by 3goggles »

azcat34 wrote:
Lets hope Miller gets either ZIMM or Rabb!
HiCat

Post by HiCat »

Would be very cool to hear from 97 with his updates.
3goggles

Post by 3goggles »

3goggles wrote:
azcat34 wrote:
Lets hope Miller gets either ZIMM or Rabb!
Anybody with info on how zimmermans in home visit went?