Trier sucks. Not a team player.
Merkin

Re: Hero Ball Always Loses

Post by Merkin »

Cats need his scholie, time to move on.
PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

tempted to close this thread. or move it to the trier thread.

will see how the thread goes first though.
It's long past time to bring this back to the court, let's do it with a small update:

billk78

Post by billk78 »

Knee-jerk reactions. It wasn't a bad shot. It went in and out. Who else did you want taking the shot?
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

billk78 wrote:Knee-jerk reactions. It wasn't a bad shot. It went in and out. Who else did you want taking the shot?
Markannen was wide open
billk78

Post by billk78 »

Merkin wrote:
billk78 wrote:Knee-jerk reactions. It wasn't a bad shot. It went in and out. Who else did you want taking the shot?
Markannen was wide open
We can also blame Miller for yet again not having a timeout to setup a play. We are so great at scoring out of a timeout. And knew the game would be close. Save a timeout.
jsbowl16

Post by jsbowl16 »

Up by 7 Trier shoots a jumper with 10 on the shot clock. Up by 4 Trier shoots a jumper with 20 left on the shot clock. This is the definition of hero ball. Both misses by the way and we lose the game. Should have been smart ran some clock and drove the ball with six fouls on Xavier. This lost us the game down the stretch.
Last edited by jsbowl16 on Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pokinmik

Post by pokinmik »

It really did. Just an epic collapse. Everything went right for X and wrong for us.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

jsbowl16 wrote:Up by 7 Trier shoots a jumper with 15 on the shot clock. Up by 4 Trier shoots a jumper with 20 left on the shot clock. This is the definition of hero ball. Both misses by the way and we lose the game. Should have been smart ran some clock and drove the ball with six fouls on Xavier. This lost us the game down the stretch.

I'd like to argue but I can't. Horrible decisions down the stretch.
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Merkin wrote:
Markannen was wide open
For the third time this season in the exact same situation with the exact results.

But don't criticize trier, your a hater if your do. He has NBA talent written all over him. So explosive and a slasher. Too bad he's rather shoot ISO perimeter j's.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

I'll give him that last shot. He was on fire. But outside three minutes of play in the second half, the rest of his game was shit.
Harvey Specter

Post by Harvey Specter »

He's had that tendency for his entire tenure here. And I am on record believing that those who see him as a sure fire NBA talent are wrong, He may play, he won't flourish.

That was an awful shot, and he took a lot of them. Most want him taking that shot under any circumstances. I didn't, and have said so before.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Harvey Specter wrote:He's had that tendency for his entire tenure here. And I am on record believing that those who see him as a sure fire NBA talent are wrong, He may play, he won't flourish.

That was an awful shot, and he took a lot of them. Most want him taking that shot under any circumstances. I didn't, and have said so before.
He'll be a great euroball player.
WildHolcs

Post by WildHolcs »

Trier got hot once again and saved our stagnant garbage offense for awhile in the 2nd half. The problem was he/miller/zona continued to iso and run awful o after he had missed a few. He was forcing, there was no rhythm...I would've gave my left nut to get Lauri the ball on a post and let him operate. Call the play Sean, pass the ball zo, someone look to f'ing playmake. So frustrating all around...not just zo.