This One's On Miller

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

qwertyus

This One's On Miller

Post by qwertyus »

Not enough Ristic. Letting this team flounder against a zone while playing small. Bringing in Pinder at any point. Not playing 2 bigs. Fucking hero-ball. Just fucking terrible.
Merkin

Re: This One's On Miller

Post by Merkin »

qwertyus wrote:Not enough Ristic. Letting this team flounder against a zone while playing small. Bringing in Pinder at any point. Not playing 2 bigs. Fucking hero-ball. Just fucking terrible.

What the fuck was Pinder doing in there instead of Comanche?
qwertyus

Post by qwertyus »

Merkin wrote:
qwertyus wrote:Not enough Ristic. Letting this team flounder against a zone while playing small. Bringing in Pinder at any point. Not playing 2 bigs. Fucking hero-ball. Just fucking terrible.

What the fuck was Pinder doing in there instead of Comanche?
No fucking clue. 50 seconds left, why the fuck ever would you do that????
billk78

Post by billk78 »

Comanche was playing great. I don't understand the substitutions.
catgrad97

Post by catgrad97 »

If this loss doesn't make Miller teach a goddamn zone, nothing will.

Absolutely inexcusable to lose an eight-point lead with under 3 to play. This is on par with UTEP in '87 bad. Miller's worst loss for this program.
Sean Olson

Post by Sean Olson »

Seas Miller is a great coach but he just coached a really bad game
billk78

Post by billk78 »

I also hate that he uses all the timeouts. We could've really used one on the last possession. But I still love Sean. Just disappointed now.
NYCat

Post by NYCat »

We couldn't zone for 2-3 mins to take away their walk-in layups, carved up the interior defense
luteformayor2

Post by luteformayor2 »

That was poorly coached game more than a poorly played game.

You don't let a team that starts out shooting 4/21 from 3 to keep shooting 3's.

This one is going to take awhile to get over. That was a horrible game.
qwertyus

Post by qwertyus »

I fucking swear Pinder must have footage of Miller fucking a goat. Crunchtime guys, let's sub this fucking walkon.
MrKyle

Post by MrKyle »

Just blows my mind we don't work the inside game with our size, and Lauri gets next to no touches in the 2nd half...
loomer

Post by loomer »

Sean has always possessed poor timeout management, not surprised by the outcome at all
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

More Ristic? :lol:

Yo. I dont know how people are not seeing this. Ristic is a fucking cancer on this team. I dont care if the motherfucker scores 18 points. He gives up at least that on individual defense and putting his teammates in bad positions on the pick and roll.

Miller did fuck up though. He completely abandoned chance comanche.
NYCat

Post by NYCat »

Does Ristic have something damaging on Miller for him to blackmail him to be in the game? Better team when he's on the bench.

How doesn't Miller see that
Gladiator Cat

Post by Gladiator Cat »

Every coach that has two brain cells to rub together in the Arizona BB facilities better be out trying to find an elite level PG to run the show.

Its long past time to correct this lingering festering problem. Every player should know they can and will be recruited over. period.......thats just the way it is.
billk78

Post by billk78 »

rgdeuce wrote:More Ristic? :lol:

Yo. I dont know how people are not seeing this. Ristic is a fucking cancer on this team. I dont care if the motherfucker scores 18 points. He gives up at least that on individual defense and putting his teammates in bad positions on the pick and roll.

Agree 100%. Comanche is the better player. Ristic played well on offense in stretches when we needed him. But he's a liability if he's pushed around at all.
qwertyus

Post by qwertyus »

rgdeuce wrote:More Ristic? :lol:

I don't care if you don't play Ristic. A blind man can see we needed two bigs in that game. Play LM/Chance then! One big to break the zone, instead of 4 guards running around the fucking perimeter doing jack shit.
Main Event

Post by Main Event »

Lauri didn't touch the ball.....

Lauri didn't touch the ball......

Lauri didn't touch the ball......
catgrad97

Post by catgrad97 »

Miller knew that two years ago down the stretch against X, going big down the stretch. Brain freeze this time?

Again, I refuse to be disappointed by Arizona shitting its pants down the stretch. Miller needs to stop coaching like his system is the Holy Bible and go back to his situational coaching that got D-Will and co. to UConn.

This loss wasn't Chance, and certainly not his or most of his teammates' fault. Coach has got to know their limitations, and clearly his substitution patterns indicate quite otherwise.
Last edited by catgrad97 on Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pokinmik

Post by pokinmik »

Maybe this encourages Lauri to return.
JMarkJohns

Post by JMarkJohns »

This was on Miller. I don't want to relive what I just experience right now. But this one is on Miller. And it's a damn shame his season, one of his best, ends with it being his fault.
threenumberones

Post by threenumberones »

Gladiator Cat wrote:Every coach that has two brain cells to rub together in the Arizona BB facilities better be out trying to find an elite level PG to run the show.

Its long past time to correct this lingering festering problem. Every player should know they can and will be recruited over. period.......thats just the way it is.
Pgs don't want to play for Miller. His rigid approach to offense marginalizes what they can show on the floor. Lute let them run and that is why we were point guard u. Get used to it.
Gladiator Cat

Post by Gladiator Cat »

pokinmik wrote:Maybe this encourages Lauri to return.
100% the other way around. LM didn't get touches when it counted and should have.

He's taking his game to the big show.
pokinmik

Post by pokinmik »

We needed to go to the hole and get FTs or at least burn clock once up 8. Just handed Xavier a window of opportunity instead of keeping our lead. Even with everything that went wrong we only needed one more god damn bucket in the last two and a half min.
AztoCa

Post by AztoCa »

I think Miller let his guard down because of X & Mack
may the Bear Be Down! :D
pokinmik

Post by pokinmik »

Gladiator Cat wrote:
100% the other way around. LM didn't get touches when it counted and should have.

He's taking his game to the big show.
lol I know. Fuck us.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

RiseAndFire

Post by RiseAndFire »

nonsense, miller is the pac-12 coy didn't you hear?
Gladiator Cat

Post by Gladiator Cat »

threenumberones wrote:
Gladiator Cat wrote:Every coach that has two brain cells to rub together in the Arizona BB facilities better be out trying to find an elite level PG to run the show.

Pgs don't want to play for Miller. His rigid approach to offense marginalizes what they can show on the floor. Lute let them run and that is why we were point guard u. Get used to it.
Well then he will never win the big one. I know you're correct and SM better change and evolve because the current blue print is not working when it comes to the really, really big big games. But I know others will disagree vehemently.

I love him as our coach, but damn...........evolve.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Miller is too stubborn to evolve. Lute Olson he is not.

Love Miller, love his passion, but this is as far as we can go with him.
AztoCa

Post by AztoCa »

"I would rather loose then play Zone" sean miller

Only problem coach is we all loose with you
Last edited by AztoCa on Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:46 pm, edited 3 times in total.
may the Bear Be Down! :D
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

Or lose
Sean Olson

Post by Sean Olson »

AztoCa wrote:"I would rather loose then play Zone" sean miller

Ironically I think he'd rather play zone than play loose. In big games they come out so unbelievably tight.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

catgrad97

Post by catgrad97 »

The man sees what we see. We'll see what he makes of it.
billk78

Post by billk78 »

We need someone like kevin O'Neil to right this ship.

But seriously, Miller has built this program back to where we are all crushed with Sweet 16 and Elite 8 losses. How quickly we forget the KO days of NIT invites.

Was a lot of tonight Miller's fault? Absolutely. Does he need to be less stubborn and play some zone? Of course. But we have a really good coach for this program. He continues to bring in good players year after year.

Step back from the ledge. Sweet 16 was the ceiling for most people after we lost Ferguson, Smith and Trier early on.
NYCat

Post by NYCat »

Sean Olson wrote:

Ironically I think he'd rather play zone than play loose. In big games they come out so unbelievably tight.
They're always so stiff out there, what a shame
threenumberones

Post by threenumberones »

NYCat wrote:
Sean Olson wrote:

They're always so stiff out there, what a shame
Seriously. And it has been that way from the beginning. The Miller lobotomy. Sean needs some
Psychology lessons or something. Gene Hackman and the picket fence ain't gonna work with these kids in 2017.
pokinmik

Post by pokinmik »

If we can't get there with Ayton I might just give up. Not sure how much heartbreak I can take for something that really shouldn't affect my life so much. Bring all this shit on ourselves.
cats101

Post by cats101 »

Never going to the final four.

You had the perfect bracket
billk78

Post by billk78 »

pokinmik wrote:If we can't get there with Ayton I might just give up. Not sure how much heartbreak I can take for something that really shouldn't affect my life so much. Bring all this shit on ourselves.
Ayton, Alkins and who? If Miller actually plays Comanche I think he can have a huge impact.
PennZona20

Post by PennZona20 »

Will be interesting to see what Trier, Simmons, and Alkins do.

I'm guessing they all jump ship after this debacle.

This isn't a "let's come back and avenge a tough loss to Wisky elite 8" loss.

This is a "let's gtfo of here before the ship sinks to the bottom of the ocean " loss.

I'd be shocked if any of these kids have the maturity to stay. The only kid that seems like he might is the one that should probably go.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

pokinmik wrote:If we can't get there with Ayton I might just give up. Not sure how much heartbreak I can take for something that really shouldn't affect my life so much. Bring all this shit on ourselves.
Markkanen is better than Ayton will be, so don't get your hopes up.
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

You know what was also maddening? Having Pinder on the floor during an offensive slump at the same time as a dude playing with an ace bandage around two fingers on his shooting hand and a point guard who cannot get a shot off unless he is wide open because he is 5'2". I mean talk about a lineup that is absolutely asking for the other team to go on a run
TheGreatCatsby

Post by TheGreatCatsby »

We've just simply had subpar point guard play for 5+ years outside TJ, and the tournament results show it.
RiseAndFire

Post by RiseAndFire »

threenumberones wrote:

ding ding ding

why would any elite pg want the keys to millers Dodge Caravan offense. offense is an afterthought to miller
qwertyus

Post by qwertyus »

TheGreatCatsby wrote:We've just simply had subpar point guard play for 5+ years outside TJ, and the tournament results show it.
Lyons was a fucking warrior. He was more of a scorer though...
BigSkyCatinMT

Post by BigSkyCatinMT »

Is there a normal person that didn't see this one coming?
formerly, UA Direct, mtzwami, SnowCat, MontanaCat. should cover every forum I've been on in the last 19 years.
catgrad97

Post by catgrad97 »

I didn't. At least, until I got to a bar to watch the final 4 minutes after the Cats' 12-0 run put them up 8.

Then the blueprint to beat Arizona was executed. Again. By a podunk 11 seed that was simply hungrier.

You know, you look back at how talent-rich this university has been, and how little results have been shown, and you can't help but vomit at the sheer waste. Basketball, football, baseball. Sickening.
Harvey Specter

Post by Harvey Specter »

billk78 wrote:We need someone like kevin O'Neil to right this ship.

But seriously, Miller has built this program back to where we are all crushed with Sweet 16 and Elite 8 losses. How quickly we forget the KO days of NIT invites.

Was a lot of tonight Miller's fault? Absolutely. Does he need to be less stubborn and play some zone? Of course. But we have a really good coach for this program. He continues to bring in good players year after year.

Step back from the ledge. Sweet 16 was the ceiling for most people after we lost Ferguson, Smith and Trier early on.
^^^Thank you.

Of course this one is on Miller. All losses are. He accepts accountability for his part in this... And hopefully he continues to evolve.

As for all the "He's no Lute" bullshit... No he's not. But most of you weren't around for most of his tenure - and if you were, you would have been calling for his head because of his early exits.

Through his first 8 years, Lute made exactly one final 4. So that one extra win makes him a great coach and Miller a marginal one who has reached his ceiling. Sorry, I am not buying.

Very disappointing game and end to the season, but at least Zo got to take the last shot, right? Shitty shot though it was (and he takes a lot of them) - and with 8 seconds left when we were down by 2.

Not our best performance tonight... And The buck stops with the coach. I wish we had a timeout... But if Lute was here, he may have had one but would not have used it (and people would be bitching about that)

But I am not getting off the bandwagon.