let's talk '18

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

Jefe

Re: let's talk '18

Post by Jefe »

Season ending knee injury last December, needed surgery. Hopefully he can get back to where he was as a senior next year. 6'1" 165lbs. Avg'd 16/5/3/2 in '15/16
"Cal and Arizona are recruiting me the hardest," Williams said, before discussing what he likes about each of those programs.
California: "I like how close they are; they're a family down there. They want you to feel welcomed."
Arizona: "I like everything about their program. It's always been a dream school since I grew up watching them. I've always looked up to Stanley Johnson."
Whether or not location will play a role in Williams' ultimate decision, which isn't expected to be made any time soon.
"I'm not sure yet," he said. "Part of me wants to stay in L.A. and part of me doesn't. I have a long way to go; I'm probably not going to worry about it until my senior year."
As a Soph:

rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

I think this kids going to do big things at Arizona if he comes here. Individual and team.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Jefe wrote:Season ending knee injury last December, needed surgery. Hopefully he can get back to where he was as a senior next year. 6'1" 165lbs. Avg'd 16/5/3/2 in '15/16
"Cal and Arizona are recruiting me the hardest," Williams said, before discussing what he likes about each of those programs.
California: "I like how close they are; they're a family down there. They want you to feel welcomed."
Arizona: "I like everything about their program. It's always been a dream school since I grew up watching them. I've always looked up to Stanley Johnson."
Whether or not location will play a role in Williams' ultimate decision, which isn't expected to be made any time soon.
"I'm not sure yet," he said. "Part of me wants to stay in L.A. and part of me doesn't. I have a long way to go; I'm probably not going to worry about it until my senior year."
As a Soph:

When he says Cal is a family, it sort of hits close to home because one time my dad walked out, only he didn't wind up in Missouri.
PennZona20

Post by PennZona20 »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:
Jefe wrote:Season ending knee injury last December, needed surgery. Hopefully he can get back to where he was as a senior next year. 6'1" 165lbs. Avg'd 16/5/3/2 in '15/16
As a Soph:

When he says Cal is a family, it sort of hits close to home because one time my dad walked out, only he didn't wind up in Missouri.

Lmao.
Bangkok Wildcat

Post by Bangkok Wildcat »

rgdeuce wrote:I think this kids going to do big things at Arizona if he comes here. Individual and team.
So what's the deal with it appearing only as a 2 horse race between us and CAL? The CAL program at this time is in the dumpster....is he just that high on Arizona or have other elite programs backed off due to his injury?

Surely there's got to be other elite programs who'd want this kid and who'd be heavily recruiting him as well?
Puerco

Post by Puerco »

Not much passing in those vids.
'A parent is the one person who is supposed to make their kid think they can do anything. Says they're beautiful even when they're ugly. Thinks they're smart even when they go to Arizona State.' -- Jack Donaghy
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Do not read this thread after eating
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

Bangkok Wildcat wrote:
rgdeuce wrote:I think this kids going to do big things at Arizona if he comes here. Individual and team.
So what's the deal with it appearing only as a 2 horse race between us and CAL? The CAL program at this time is in the dumpster....is he just that high on Arizona or have other elite programs backed off due to his injury?

Surely there's got to be other elite programs who'd want this kid and who'd be heavily recruiting him as well?
May be a case of everyone knowing Arizona is in a great place and didn't want to be used as a bargaining/insurance chip. Cal is desperate and hoping for a miracle so they have stayed with it.
Jefe

Post by Jefe »

Bangkok Wildcat wrote:Surely there's got to be other elite programs who'd want this kid and who'd be heavily recruiting him as well?
Ya he has a list. Gonzaga, Kansas, UCLA, USC, UConn, and UNLV. More will line up once he see's the court again
Puerco wrote:Not much passing in those vids.
Ill take another Bayless
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

Bangkok Wildcat wrote:

Old interview. He's not considering Cal any more. If he doesn't end up coming here it'll be because someone beat him to the punch at this point.
threenumberones

Post by threenumberones »

Jefe wrote:
Bangkok Wildcat wrote:Surely there's got to be other elite programs who'd want this kid and who'd be heavily recruiting him as well?
Ya he has a list. Gonzaga, Kansas, UCLA, USC, UConn, and UNLV. More will line up once he see's the court again
Puerco wrote:Not much passing in those vids.
Ill take another Bayless
Yea, seriously.
EOCT

Post by EOCT »

Really hope we get this man. So quick and speedy. Hits the burners and flys. Great eyes/vision, super distributer. Very intelligent, court and otherwise.

Good geneology--Crespi Carmelite(2 Ca State titles, including Div 1) + Cal Supreme comp.

Puerco, kid's a terrific passer---check out this(long, but good) vid:

http://www.azdesertswarm.com/recruiting ... ot-ranking" target="_blank

Choo, who are the ones who could beat Williams to the punch?
Last edited by EOCT on Fri May 26, 2017 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

EOCT wrote: Choo, who are the ones who could beat Williams to the punch?
I'm not necessarily expecting anybody to beat him to the punch, but it's possible. Jahvon Quinerly will make it to campus fairly soon and you never know if he just falls in love and calls it there knowing the situation with Williams. There are other PGs being recruited as well and you never know. Honestly I'm surprised Williams has dragged it out as far as he has, it may bite him in the ass a bit if he drags it out too long, although I'd be very surprised if in the end Arizona ends up with a point guard not named Williams in this class.
Bangkok Wildcat

ChooChooCat wrote:
I'm not necessarily expecting anybody to beat him to the punch, but it's possible. Jahvon Quinerly will make it to campus fairly soon and you never know if he just falls in love and calls it there knowing the situation with Williams. There are other PGs being recruited as well and you never know. Honestly I'm surprised Williams has dragged it out as far as he has, it may bite him in the ass a bit if he drags it out too long, although I'd be very surprised if in the end Arizona ends up with a point guard not named Williams in this class.
So assuming Shareef (PF), and we get Brandon Williams (PG), my math is telling me we have 5 more scholarships to give out for this class.....which is huge and the largest class I can recall.

Who are the most likely gets for at least a few of these? Thanks!
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Bangkok Wildcat wrote:
ChooChooCat wrote:
So assuming Shareef (PF), and we get Brandon Williams (PG), my math is telling me we have 5 more scholarships to give out for this class.....which is huge and the largest class I can recall.

Want list for bigs, in my opinion:

1. Bagley
2. Bol
3. Brown

This does not correspond with who necessarily comes. Choo has said that Bagley and Bol both are looking overseas...but hey, we heard the same about Ayton, and we took that plunge.
Bangkok Wildcat

Spaceman Spiff wrote:
Bangkok Wildcat wrote:
ChooChooCat wrote:

Want list for bigs, in my opinion:

1. Bagley
2. Bol
3. Brown

This does not correspond with who necessarily comes. Choo has said that Bagley and Bol both are looking overseas...but hey, we heard the same about Ayton, and we took that plunge.
Thanks Spiff.....I've heard a lot about Bagley and Bol Bol and obviously would love to get either but have my expectations tempered on these two.

Jordan Brown is a new name to me.....he's listed as 'cool' under 247 Sports....Do you have any knowledge that we are seriously competing for this kid? Or is it just your wish list? I'm assuming your wish list includes those we have a very good chance of getting, correct?
Bangkok Wildcat

i took PennZona's earlier post and revised it a bit adding expected positions (which is a bit tricky considering CSMs strategy for more "position-less" players and increased flexibility resulting from such:

2018 likely roster is :

Frosh:
O'Neal (PF)
Williams (PG) *likely to commit

Soph:
Akot (SF, SG, Point-Forward)
Randolph (SG)
Lee (C, PF)
Barcello (PG)

Junior:
Jeter (PF)
Dylan Smith (SG)

So for 2018, looks like we have 6 more scholarships to give (assuming O'Neal stays committed). If Williams, then 5 more to give.

So if Williams, then PG looks solid. All other positions look like a need to me.

PS Edit: I wonder how Romar will contribute to this class....will be interesting to see IMO.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Bangkok, sorry, I meant Moses Brown actually, and yeah, it is a wish list, not an actual thought. I think we are competing harder for Bagley and Bol. We were on Moses Brown for a while, and he would be an awesome fit, but we seem to have faded.

Bagley is great, but Bol would be a perfect fit with Shareef and Lee. That's why I toseed Brown on at 3. We have the 6'8, 6'9 level covered. Getting a rim protecting 5 would be the nice add.

In all honesty, recent experience has taught me not to truly tune into recruiting until later in the game.
Bangkok Wildcat

Spaceman Spiff wrote:Bangkok, sorry, I meant Moses Brown actually, and yeah, it is a wish list, not an actual thought. I think we are competing harder for Bagley and Bol. We were on Moses Brown for a while, and he would be an awesome fit, but we seem to have faded.

Bagley is great, but Bol would be a perfect fit with Shareef and Lee. That's why I toseed Brown on at 3. We have the 6'8, 6'9 level covered. Getting a rim protecting 5 would be the nice add.

In all honesty, recent experience has taught me not to truly tune into recruiting until later in the game.
Thanks for the correction Spiff.....although Moses and Jordan Brown don't seem that much different talent-wise, by position and size 7'0, 210 lbs C vs 6'10, 190 lbs PF from 247 Sports (Jordan #5 overall and Moses #8).

Am usually 100% on board with you re: not getting to invested too early except for this year, with all the recent good news AND the "Romar-effect" which I'm interested to see the outcome of on 2018....I'm getting on-board early ;-). Also, it should be a huge class of 7 by the time it wraps up in my estimation.

All 3 of your bigs look great to me...I have no idea on where we stand with any of them probability-wise though. Especially with the Ayton commitment coming out of 'left-field' last year......just crazy these days in college hoops recruiting (i.e. Ayton unexpected "lotto-win" vs Bowen still hasn't committed but looked like he was going to commit in February, etc.).

I will say that I love how Shareef committed, his strong and mature rationale for committing early, and his friendship with Bol Bol (and his recruiting him too). Of course, being Shaq's son, I would expect no less as that Dude seems to have a really good head on his shoulders as well as good character.

Nice to help remove the painful memory of when I was at Arizona and we played Shaq at LSU....I remember him pulling down a rebound, driving the full length of the court and dunking on us (or it was a made shot with a foul on top?). We lost that game...ughh.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

Obviously it's so early at this point, but Arizona will push for Bol and is very likely top 2 with Kentucky for him. Bol's grades were horrible though prior to heading to Mater Dei, so there's no telling if he can get those up or not. From what I understand he's not anti-college, but he's also not very enthused with it either. I have no idea where that ultimately ends up, but it certainly will depend on his motivation to go to college or not and Mater Dei's ability to raise his grades significantly.

As far as Bagley goes, he's a transcendent talent, and is more than happy with signing with a shoe company and head overseas for a year. He knows he's the #1 pick in that draft, so I think if he ends up in college at all it'll be because whatever shoe company he falls in love with pushes him to do so. He's not going to lack for hype whether he goes overseas or not, so I don't know if a shoe company will even push him to do that.

I know nothing about Moses Brown, but obviously a really highly rated big like that on the east coast will be hard to pull away from the east coast. That's just past cases talking though. Maybe Book can work his magic, we'll see, but I haven't heard anything about him really in regards to Arizona.

As long as Jeter appears to be what Miller thinks he can be I think Arizona rolls with him and takes either a juco big or a grad transfer big to go along with him at the 5. Maybe an Euro pops up or something, but outside of that I think that's the route Arizona goes.

As far as the rest of the class goes a wing (Cherry and Lidell being priorities), a PG (probably Williams), and probably a handful of normal transfers makes the most sense. I doubt Arizona fills all 13 scholarships unless they get the perfect situation. I think recruiting a real good shooting 2 guard to sit behind Randolph would be smart too, but as far as I know Arizona isn't on one in particular at the moment, but that could change tomorrow with how these things go.
Bangkok Wildcat

ChooChooCat wrote:Obviously it's so early at this point, but Arizona will push for Bol and is very likely top 2 with Kentucky for him. Bol's grades were horrible though prior to heading to Mater Dei, so there's no telling if he can get those up or not. From what I understand he's not anti-college, but he's also not very enthused with it either. I have no idea where that ultimately ends up, but it certainly will depend on his motivation to go to college or not and Mater Dei's ability to raise his grades significantly.

As far as Bagley goes, he's a transcendent talent, and is more than happy with signing with a shoe company and head overseas for a year. He knows he's the #1 pick in that draft, so I think if he ends up in college at all it'll be because whatever shoe company he falls in love with pushes him to do so. He's not going to lack for hype whether he goes overseas or not, so I don't know if a shoe company will even push him to do that.

I know nothing about Moses Brown, but obviously a really highly rated big like that on the east coast will be hard to pull away from the east coast. That's just past cases talking though. Maybe Book can work his magic, we'll see, but I haven't heard anything about him really in regards to Arizona.

As long as Jeter appears to be what Miller thinks he can be I think Arizona rolls with him and takes either a juco big or a grad transfer big to go along with him at the 5. Maybe an Euro pops up or something, but outside of that I think that's the route Arizona goes.

As far as the rest of the class goes a wing (Cherry and Lidell being priorities), a PG (probably Williams), and probably a handful of normal transfers makes the most sense. I doubt Arizona fills all 13 scholarships unless they get the perfect situation. I think recruiting a real good shooting 2 guard to sit behind Randolph would be smart too, but as far as I know Arizona isn't on one in particular at the moment, but that could change tomorrow with how these things go.
Thanks for the input Choo....helps with the expectations on Bol and Bagley. I'm hoping that Shareef can help us land Bol but then I guess we'll have the academics to worry about.

Questions, that are way too early as well....but wth, this IS the '18 thread! ;-)......Who do you guess is starting at the 4 & 5 in 2018? You mention Jeter at the 4 I believe (hoping he's healthy) and then us going after a JUCO or grad transfer 5..... obviously that assumes we miss out on Bagley and Bol and any other major Centers.

I would then guess that if Jeter is as good as advertised, and healthy, then Shareef is his backup or maybe we go with 2 Power Forwards and no Center at times?

Ira Lee is listed as a Center but at only 6'8, 210 lbs, I guess that's not going to transfer to an Arizona Center position....so unless we land a true 5 in the '18 class, that could potentially be a weakness for us? How do you think he's going to work out by his sophomore year?

Thanks for the info on Cherry and Liddell, I will pay more attention to those Dudes going forwards.

Bear Down.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

Bangkok Wildcat wrote:
Thanks for the input Choo....helps with the expectations on Bol and Bagley. I'm hoping that Shareef can help us land Bol but then I guess we'll have the academics to worry about.

Questions, that are way too early as well....but wth, this IS the '18 thread! ;-)......Who do you guess is starting at the 4 & 5 in 2018? You mention Jeter at the 4 I believe (hoping he's healthy) and then us going after a JUCO or grad transfer 5..... obviously that assumes we miss out on Bagley and Bol and any other major Centers.

I would then guess that if Jeter is as good as advertised, and healthy, then Shareef is his backup or maybe we go with 2 Power Forwards and no Center at times?

Ira Lee is listed as a Center but at only 6'8, 210 lbs, I guess that's not going to transfer to an Arizona Center position....so unless we land a true 5 in the '18 class, that could potentially be a weakness for us? How do you think he's going to work out by his sophomore year?
I'd assume the starting 4 is either O'Neal or Lee and the 5 is Jeter. Jeter is a 5 all the way and not a 4. I see a JUCO or grad transfer 5 to back Jeter up (or play ahead of him if he's not good enough, which I doubt at the moment). Ira Lee is a PF and I'm a big fan of player that play hard all the time and have big time motors and that's what Lee is. Obviously Lee is a bit undersized for a 4, but in college a guy with his will, athleticism, and size is more than good enough at the 4. I'm not saying he's going to start, but he absolutely could.
Last edited by ChooChooCat on Sat May 27, 2017 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bangkok Wildcat

Thanks Choo! Interesting projections. Much appreciated.
Puerco

Post by Puerco »

EOCT wrote:Really hope we get this man. So quick and speedy. Hits the burners and flys. Great eyes/vision, super distributer. Very intelligent, court and otherwise.

Good geneology--Crespi Carmelite(2 Ca State titles, including Div 1) + Cal Supreme comp.

Watched the first few mins and I'm sold, EOCT. Thanks.
'A parent is the one person who is supposed to make their kid think they can do anything. Says they're beautiful even when they're ugly. Thinks they're smart even when they go to Arizona State.' -- Jack Donaghy
IndianaZonaFan

Post by IndianaZonaFan »

Puerco wrote:
EOCT wrote:Really hope we get this man. So quick and speedy. Hits the burners and flys. Great eyes/vision, super distributer. Very intelligent, court and otherwise.

Sold, as well. Hes not exactly explosive, but it appears the kid has learned how to finish well below the rim. He looks like the peice we wish we had this year. I didn't believe some that said he was quicker/faster than PJC, but I'm a believer now. WOW does that kid have a quick first step. Just puts defenders in a bad place from the first step and they have to push hard to recover, and possibly getting in foul trouble or if they back off, leaving him open for a jumper.
PennZona20

Post by PennZona20 »

Let's just say for arguements sake we get Brandon W for pg (if not it'll be a top 5 pg from 18 instead).

That leaves 5 as Bk said ..... we will get either Cherry or Liddell. Then I bet we take both a grad transfer and a traditional transfer at wherever the needs are (seeing what Lee and other frosh give us and Jeter gives us in practice will give Sean an idea of who to look for on transfer route). 1 of those ships will be reserved for Bol and Bagley if they decide to come to college, and if they do, we will be in end decision for both.

I'd say the last ship would go to a guy like Brown or highest rated kid we can get aka BPA.
PennZona20

Post by PennZona20 »

Puerco wrote:

I'm sold too if he can look like this post injury. He has such an explosive first step and that is something that could be gone post injury and then, all of a sudden, he's not an elite pg. maybe I'm suffering from Ray Smith PTSD , but u take the first Pg who commits.

And if I'm Miller I have Romar all over Quickley from MD as well to see if he can lure him over here. That kid is special and it seems Romar had him seriously considering UW.

Having said all that I'd love to have Brandon commit but if he waits too long and one of the other TOP pg commits I won't feel bad for him. He knows the situation.
Bangkok Wildcat

PennZona20 wrote:Having said all that I'd love to have Brandon commit but if he waits too long and one of the other TOP pg commits I won't feel bad for him. He knows the situation.
THIS! Maybe it's my 'Bowen Hangover' but I love these top talented kids who commit in a very reasonable time...I'm talking about Shareef O'Neal here vs those who drag it out forever. The obvious advantages are in no order of importance:

1. Secures your scholarship
2. Let's the Coaches, Players and Fans know how serious you are about you wanting the school you chose (screw you TJ Leaf)
3. Allows you to time to help recruit top talent to the program - O'Neal's doing that now with Bol and others :-)
4. Frees up the Coaches time to chase after other top talent. This is so important these days with the ever-increasing time needed to spend recruiting.

Yes, I get it that for the top talent, dragging it out usually works in their favor (although I have a suspicion it'll bite Bowen in the butt) BUT it also signals a 'Me First' attitude as well vs. 'I'm talented enough not to be scared away from competitio'n AND for the reasons stated above, my timely commitment is to the benefit of the TEAM!
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

Sorry if addressed elsewhere, but with Akot re-classifying to '17, where does that put us with '18 scholies? How many spots do we have to fill for '18?
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Beachcat97 wrote:Sorry if addressed elsewhere, but with Akot re-classifying to '17, where does that put us with '18 scholies? How many spots do we have to fill for '18?
Depends on how many people leave.

I would say at minimum we lose Dusan, PJC, Denny, Pinder, Ayton, Rawle and Trier. So, probably a lot of spots.
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:
Beachcat97 wrote:Sorry if addressed elsewhere, but with Akot re-classifying to '17, where does that put us with '18 scholies? How many spots do we have to fill for '18?

I would say at minimum we lose Dusan, PJC, Denny, Pinder, Ayton, Rawle and Trier. So, probably a lot of spots.
So the '18 class is likely to be quite large, and given how things have been going lately, maybe a transfer or two.

BW did this breakdown upthread, which is appreciated:

Frosh:
O'Neal (PF)

Soph:
Randolph (SG)
Lee (C, PF)
Barcello (PG)

Junior:
Jeter (PF)
D Smith (SG)

This is a good start. I'd like to see another center in the mix.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
RichardCranium

Post by RichardCranium »

Chicat wrote:
Well that's 18 seconds of my life I won't get back. Too bad.
Any sufficiently advanced troll is indistinguishable from a genuine kook.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Beachcat97 wrote:
Spaceman Spiff wrote:

So the '18 class is likely to be quite large, and given how things have been going lately, maybe a transfer or two.

BW did this breakdown upthread, which is appreciated:

Frosh:
O'Neal (PF)

Soph:
Randolph (SG)
Lee (C, PF)
Barcello (PG)

Junior:
Jeter (PF)
D Smith (SG)

This is a good start. I'd like to see another center in the mix.
How is Lee a potential C and Jeter only a PF? Lee is tweener forward size and Jeter is 6'10.

It would be nice to have a 4 man big rotation, with Bol and Bagley being the big fish in that area.
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:
It would be nice to have a 4 man big rotation, with Bol and Bagley being the big fish in that area.
No one seems to think Bagley's going to college. Some are saying the same about Bol. We may wanna put some time in with other '18 big men.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

RichardCranium wrote:
Chicat wrote:
It took you 18 seconds to type that?
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

RichardCranium wrote:
Chicat wrote:
That's what she said after being with Rick Pitino.
Main Event

Post by Main Event »

ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

247 has him 100% Arizona on their crystal ball
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

Can't see him ending up anywhere not named Arizona.
HiCat

Post by HiCat »

Brandon Williams Full CIF Playoffs Highlights | #1 2018 PG on the West Coast!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6aUAKIYdWWg" target="_blank
billk78

Post by billk78 »

If Williams commits we just need to get him to reclassify to 2017....who cares about high school?
whatisee

Post by whatisee »

billk78 wrote:If Williams commits we just need to get him to reclassify to 2017....who cares about high school?
Not even sure what that means but we're a full boat for 17...seems like a dig at Akot
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

whatisee wrote:
billk78 wrote:If Williams commits we just need to get him to reclassify to 2017....who cares about high school?
Not even sure what that means but we're a full boat for 17...seems like a dig at Akot
More like a dig at PJC.
Bangkok Wildcat

So if BWill commits, he will hopefully be our first 'Arizona Good' PG since TJ?

Wow, is the main reason for this being PJc's father putting pressure on not over-recruiting PJC? Or what gives?

Seems hard to believe we have missed on all the elite PG talent out there since Tj's transfer.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

One thing about BWill, his knees are questionable. We might have to look for another guy as insurance
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
Bangkok Wildcat

azcat49 wrote:One thing about BWill, his knees are questionable. We might have to look for another guy as insurance
After last year, I'll admit any previous injury worries me more than it should about these players.....this time last year I was excited for Ray Smith to make his second comeback. Still bummed we never got to see that talent flourish.
PennZona20

Post by PennZona20 »

Yeah I have PTSD from Ray too.

BWill wasn't explosive before the knee injury but his first step was so damn quick. U take that away from him and players can sag off and interrupt his passing lanes or get up in his shorts to prevent him from getting hot from distance.

Basically if he doesn't fully recover his quickness, he's a fringe top 100 guy.

However if he does return to pre injury form we have a multi-year pg which is invaluable because he's not overly tall, big, or explosive above the rim. So him running the point for 3-4 years at his pre injury prospect level as a soph in HS is sexy to think about.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

All I know about his knee (not knees) injury was there was zero ligament damage. From what I understand Arizona isn't concerned in the slightest. The only downfall was he lost months worth of development.