let's talk '17

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

ChooChooCat

Re: let's talk '17

Post by ChooChooCat »

JMarkJohns wrote:
MrMeow wrote:Adam Silver now wants to change the "age 19" rule. Says it's not working for anyone. (duh). Wants to raise the minimum age to 20. The Player's Association objects. Look for Silver to prevail. Certainly a step in the right direction, however, I still say, fuck the NBA.
Players Association doesn't care except they'll want something in return.

Silver has always wanted 20. Stern did too.

But the League needed a viable prep-to-pro developmental system/League in place for those who aren't cut out for 2-years school, but can't get drafted for 2 years after graduation.

NBDL is getting there.

And Foreign markets have stepped up as well.
I guess the question is what does the NBPA want and what is Silver willing to give?
TucsonClip

Post by TucsonClip »

ChooChooCat wrote:
I guess the question is what does the NBPA want and what is Silver willing to give?
Based on the little ive heard, as it hasnt been a big talking point during the last two CBA negotiations, kids being able to declare out of HS. Its not a big enough issue from either end to warrant much of a trade off, but allowing HS kids to declare is something Michelle Roberts has been vocal about.
"Plus, why would I go to the NBA? Duke players suck in the pros."

-Shane Battier
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Bowen to Louisville officially now. Crazy since before a week or so ago he hadn't had contact from them in 2 years.
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

ASUHATER! wrote:Bowen to Louisville officially now. Crazy since before a week or so ago he hadn't had contact from them in 2 years.
They're a dirty program to begin with, so this looks a little suspicious.
dcZONAfan

Post by dcZONAfan »

Beachcat97 wrote:
ASUHATER! wrote:Bowen to Louisville officially now. Crazy since before a week or so ago he hadn't had contact from them in 2 years.
What exactly is suspicious here? We've all read about what happened with his recruitment and so this isn't really even all that surprising, other then the fact that Adel is ahead of Bowen on the wing. He is still going to an elite team that needed him more than the others he was considering.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

Beachcat97 wrote:
You'd win the gold medal for fastest casual formulations.
midnightx

Post by midnightx »

JMarkJohns wrote:
MrMeow wrote:Adam Silver now wants to change the "age 19" rule. Says it's not working for anyone. (duh). Wants to raise the minimum age to 20. The Player's Association objects. Look for Silver to prevail. Certainly a step in the right direction, however, I still say, fuck the NBA.
Players Association doesn't care except they'll want something in return.

Silver has always wanted 20. Stern did too.

But the League needed a viable prep-to-pro developmental system/League in place for those who aren't cut out for 2-years school, but can't get drafted for 2 years after graduation.

NBDL is getting there.

And Foreign markets have stepped up as well.
It is a bit bizarre that the Player's Association feels any desire to represent the interests of 19 years olds who ultimately can take roster spots away from the actual members of the Association who are veterans in the league. Does anybody remember the significance of the draft 20-25 years ago? Guys came into the league ready to play, not always, but the draft generally meant something. Now it is largely a draft based on talent and potential, with many kids flaming out early, ending up in the D-League or overseas because they are not developing into viable players when they enter the NBA. If the NFL can force 3 years of school, there is no reason the NBA cannot (theoretically). That said, the NFL has significantly more control over its league than the NBA does over its league. The NBA is a mess; Stern mismanaged it during the second half of his tenure and gave way too much power to the players, and Silver up to this point appears to be incapable of making viable changes.
Puerco

Post by Puerco »

Longhorned wrote:
Beachcat97 wrote:
Causal?
'A parent is the one person who is supposed to make their kid think they can do anything. Says they're beautiful even when they're ugly. Thinks they're smart even when they go to Arizona State.' -- Jack Donaghy
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

midnightx wrote: It is a bit bizarre that the Player's Association feels any desire to represent the interests of 19 years olds who ultimately can take roster spots away from the actual members of the Association who are veterans in the league. Does anybody remember the significance of the draft 20-25 years ago? Guys came into the league ready to play, not always, but the draft generally meant something. Now it is largely a draft based on talent and potential, with many kids flaming out early, ending up in the D-League or overseas because they are not developing into viable players when they enter the NBA. If the NFL can force 3 years of school, there is no reason the NBA cannot (theoretically). That said, the NFL has significantly more control over its league than the NBA does over its league. The NBA is a mess; Stern mismanaged it during the second half of his tenure and gave way too much power to the players, and Silver up to this point appears to be incapable of making viable changes.
Because those 19 year-olds are the future 34 year-olds who need the union and may be powerful voices within that union down the road. Players look out for each other and do not forget they were once the 19-year-olds with families living in urban war zones without two pennies to rub together. Each respective professional sports league is a family/fraternity as is, and with the NBA and NFL you have twice that pull because many in those leagues are black and come from impoverished and crime-ridden communities.

As for the draft meaning something, I think that is more of a case of chicken or the egg. There were plenty of busts and flame outs in those drafts that were able to stick around because 1) The NBA did not have the foreign influx there is now and 2) You generally didn't have high school players and one- and two-and-dones nipping at your heels for a job each year. If you look at the 1991 NBA draft, 11 of the 27 first round picks played six NBA seasons or less. From those 11 players, there were only four seasons (three players) wherein one of them averaged double digits scoring per game. You can shorten the career lengths of quite a few more guys in that first round had they had to worry about guys jumping early like you do now.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Just seems like such an easy compromise. Let all the kids go from high school into the draft if they want so they can go league or to the development league. If they choose to go to college then its two years before they can declare again. To me its puts it all on them to make the choice best for their situation
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

midnightx wrote: If the NFL can force 3 years of school, there is no reason the NBA cannot (theoretically).
Well, I can't think of any 19 year old kids who are physically ready to play in the NFL, hence the 3 year waiting period.

A better example might be baseball, where a HS kid can go right into the draft, or if he signs with a school then have to wait 3 years.

Of course young baseball players really don't have other options like basketball players do. Basketball players can go overseas and make a nice paycheck, where football and baseball players really can't. So even if the NBA won't take them, they can still bolt to Europe.
Jefe

Post by Jefe »

Longhorned wrote:
Beachcat97 wrote:
I hear LeBron faked the graffiti vandalism on his LA house.

BC you found any proof?
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Merkin wrote:
midnightx wrote: If the NFL can force 3 years of school, there is no reason the NBA cannot (theoretically).
Well, I can't think of any 19 year old kids who are physically ready to play in the NFL, hence the 3 year waiting period.

A better example might be baseball, where a HS kid can go right into the draft, or if he signs with a school then have to wait 3 years.

Of course young baseball players really don't have other options like basketball players do. Basketball players can go overseas and make a nice paycheck, where football and baseball players really can't. So even if the NBA won't take them, they can still bolt to Europe.
Neither is really 1 to 1. Football, it's a distinct minority that could conceivably even be one and done (Adrian Peterson). Baseball has a minor league system where players are sort of expected to spend a few years developing.

Basketball is the only sport where a distinct portion of 18-19 year olds could stand a chance of making a roster, but there isn't a striated minor league system to make them the exception with the rule being development.
84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

I know 3 people who played in the minors but never made it to the big leagues. It is a grind and not very glamorous. Not sure it is a lot different than playing in the NBA G League. I would pick college myself but we know that isn't for everyone.
TucsonClip

Post by TucsonClip »

azcat49 wrote:Just seems like such an easy compromise. Let all the kids go from high school into the draft if they want so they can go league or to the development league. If they choose to go to college then its two years before they can declare again. To me its puts it all on them to make the choice best for their situation
Not when you factor in how important first round draft picks are to a franchise. Owners are trying to mitigate risk, especially with what are essentially golden nuggets for roster construction.
"Plus, why would I go to the NBA? Duke players suck in the pros."

-Shane Battier
midnightx

Post by midnightx »

rgdeuce wrote:
midnightx wrote: It is a bit bizarre that the Player's Association feels any desire to represent the interests of 19 years olds who ultimately can take roster spots away from the actual members of the Association who are veterans in the league. Does anybody remember the significance of the draft 20-25 years ago? Guys came into the league ready to play, not always, but the draft generally meant something. Now it is largely a draft based on talent and potential, with many kids flaming out early, ending up in the D-League or overseas because they are not developing into viable players when they enter the NBA. If the NFL can force 3 years of school, there is no reason the NBA cannot (theoretically). That said, the NFL has significantly more control over its league than the NBA does over its league. The NBA is a mess; Stern mismanaged it during the second half of his tenure and gave way too much power to the players, and Silver up to this point appears to be incapable of making viable changes.
Because those 19 year-olds are the future 34 year-olds who need the union and may be powerful voices within that union down the road. Players look out for each other and do not forget they were once the 19-year-olds with families living in urban war zones without two pennies to rub together. Each respective professional sports league is a family/fraternity as is, and with the NBA and NFL you have twice that pull because many in those leagues are black and come from impoverished and crime-ridden communities.

As for the draft meaning something, I think that is more of a case of chicken or the egg. There were plenty of busts and flame outs in those drafts that were able to stick around because 1) The NBA did not have the foreign influx there is now and 2) You generally didn't have high school players and one- and two-and-dones nipping at your heels for a job each year. If you look at the 1991 NBA draft, 11 of the 27 first round picks played six NBA seasons or less. From those 11 players, there were only four seasons (three players) wherein one of them averaged double digits scoring per game. You can shorten the career lengths of quite a few more guys in that first round had they had to worry about guys jumping early like you do now.
While those 19 year olds may be future union members, they presently are not, and the union's responsibility is to its current members/players. Talk about a conflict of interest. The current 34 year old player in the league, who is actually represented by the union, is the person the union needs to be concerned with. And while some 34 year old players may be humanitarians and want to look out for 19 year olds coming from impoverished communities, the reality is many are concerned with the longevity of their own career and earning potential.

Furthermore, while some 19 year olds may be physically ready to play pro ball, very few are actually ready to play in terms of their skill set, overall development, and mental understanding of the game. All it does is dilute the NBA with underdeveloped talent and lowers the level of college play -- it is a lose-lose scenario. The NBA product is as bad as it has ever been, with over half the league atrocious to watch. Clearly Commissioner Silver sees the 19 year old, one-and-done phenomena as a serious problem. If 19 year olds were enhancing the quality of the league, no one would question it.
midnightx

Post by midnightx »

azcat49 wrote:Just seems like such an easy compromise. Let all the kids go from high school into the draft if they want so they can go league or to the development league. If they choose to go to college then its two years before they can declare again. To me its puts it all on them to make the choice best for their situation
Not a bad compromise. It certainly helps the college programs, but it doesn't solve the NBA's problem of too much underdeveloped talent funneling into the league too early.
gumby

Post by gumby »

84Cat wrote:I know 3 people who played in the minors but never made it to the big leagues. It is a grind and not very glamorous. Not sure it is a lot different than playing in the NBA G League. I would pick college myself but we know that isn't for everyone.
This is the thing. College: Play in front of big crowds, on TV, fly on nice planes, meals taken care of. Minors: Grinding travel. Play in obscurity.

Until G League elevates, colleges will be chosen.
Right where I want to be.
NYCat

Post by NYCat »

So Oregon whiffed on Bowen ('Ville), McCoy (UNLV), and now Cameron Johnson (UNC).

MrMeow

Post by MrMeow »

gumby wrote:
84Cat wrote:I know 3 people who played in the minors but never made it to the big leagues. It is a grind and not very glamorous. Not sure it is a lot different than playing in the NBA G League. I would pick college myself but we know that isn't for everyone.
This is the thing. College: Play in front of big crowds, on TV, fly on nice planes, meals taken care of. Minors: Grinding travel. Play in obscurity.

College: Education? Nah. Who needs that?
gumby

Post by gumby »

MrMeow wrote:
gumby wrote:

College: Education? Nah. Who needs that?
Nobody. We're all going League!
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

Merkin wrote:

You can avoid the 3-year rule in baseball by signing with a junior college, because you can get drafted after your frosh and/or soph seasons there. In states with elite junior college conferences (Texas, Florida, Arizona, California, Georgia, etc.), there are going to two to 20 major league scouts at 70% of your games. That is why so many top-level players go that route. An example being an old teammate: drafted in the 38th round out of high school (didn't sign), drafted in 29th round upon his return from a mormon mission without playing an inning of college ball (didn't sign), drafted in the 32nd round after his frosh junior college season (didn't sign), and drafted in the 41st round after his soph junior college season (signed). It's a completely different dynamic and basketball would need a huge overhaul to adapt to this system. Also, his draft position would lead people to believe he was a ho-hum player, but he was a top 5 round arm with a 96 mph fastball who made it all the way up to AAA. Again, radically different dynamics and baseball players have incredible leverage, far different from basketball and football. Teams have a year to offer you what you want and they lose their rights to you if you don't sign, then its back to the draft pool again.
Minor league baseball has its similarities to the G league, but it is way more of a grind because you are playing 6 or 7 games a week from April until early September and there may be months where you are only sleeping in your own bed 7-10 nights a month because of the long road trips and travel. It is indeed a grind, even for the Bonus Babies who get $1 million and up signing bonuses. The pay is borderline slavery until you reach AAA (roughly $2,000 a month plus $25 a day for meal money on the road).
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

midnightx wrote: While those 19 year olds may be future union members, they presently are not, and the union's responsibility is to its current members/players. Talk about a conflict of interest. The current 34 year old player in the league, who is actually represented by the union, is the person the union needs to be concerned with. And while some 34 year old players may be humanitarians and want to look out for 19 year olds coming from impoverished communities, the reality is many are concerned with the longevity of their own career and earning potential.

Furthermore, while some 19 year olds may be physically ready to play pro ball, very few are actually ready to play in terms of their skill set, overall development, and mental understanding of the game. All it does is dilute the NBA with underdeveloped talent and lowers the level of college play -- it is a lose-lose scenario. The NBA product is as bad as it has ever been, with over half the league atrocious to watch. Clearly Commissioner Silver sees the 19 year old, one-and-done phenomena as a serious problem. If 19 year olds were enhancing the quality of the league, no one would question it.
Treading carefully because I dont want to elevate the racial aspect of our discussion even further, but what seems like humanitarianism to us whites (speaking for me, did not want to assume your race) is a necessity for some others. Most of them have a lot more to overcome than most of us, and many of them don't have others who look out for them and a means like a lot of us do. Besides, unions are looking for long-term/extended solutions and improvements. A head of a union may only have 2 years left for his company, but he is advocating for guaranteed raises over the next five years. There is more to it than merely looking out for yourself.

I disagree with your statement about 19-year-olds and it being a lose-lose scenario and can present plenty of players as examples. As a fan, coach, owner, etc, I'd much rather have an 18 year old Kobe Bryant on my team getting 15 minutes per game than a 22-year-old Randy Woods who is only going to be around to finish his first contract.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

rgdeuce wrote:
midnightx wrote: While those 19 year olds may be future union members, they presently are not, and the union's responsibility is to its current members/players. Talk about a conflict of interest. The current 34 year old player in the league, who is actually represented by the union, is the person the union needs to be concerned with. And while some 34 year old players may be humanitarians and want to look out for 19 year olds coming from impoverished communities, the reality is many are concerned with the longevity of their own career and earning potential.

Treading carefully because I dont want to elevate the racial aspect of our discussion even further, but what seems like humanitarianism to us whites (speaking for me, did not want to assume your race) is a necessity for some others. Most of them have a lot more to overcome than most of us, and many of them don't have others who look out for them and a means like a lot of us do. Besides, unions are looking for long-term/extended solutions and improvements. A head of a union may only have 2 years left for his company, but he is advocating for guaranteed raises over the next five years. There is more to it than merely looking out for yourself.

I disagree with your statement about 19-year-olds and it being a lose-lose scenario and can present plenty of players as examples. As a fan, coach, owner, etc, I'd much rather have an 18 year old Kobe Bryant on my team getting 15 minutes per game than a 22-year-old Randy Woods who is only going to be around to finish his first contract.
First, I don't really see something odd about altruism.

Second, it is in the interest of the players union to encompass future players. Markelle Fultz is playing in the NBA sooner or later. Setting the bar back only delays a class and leads to a maybe one year extension for a few people. You poison the class set back, and it all evens out in the end. The kids affected by changing the rule would be the union's constituency in 5 years.
azcat34

Post by azcat34 »

Looks like Pitt wishes Johnson went to Arizona.

Cam Johnson Commits To UNC, Calls Out Pittsburgh For Blocking His Transfer

http://deadspin.com/cam-johnson-commits ... socialflow" target="_blank
gumby

Post by gumby »

rgdeuce wrote:
Merkin wrote:

You can avoid the 3-year rule in baseball by signing with a junior college, because you can get drafted after your frosh and/or soph seasons there. In states with elite junior college conferences (Texas, Florida, Arizona, California, Georgia, etc.), there are going to two to 20 major league scouts at 70% of your games. That is why so many top-level players go that route. An example being an old teammate: drafted in the 38th round out of high school (didn't sign), drafted in 29th round upon his return from a mormon mission without playing an inning of college ball (didn't sign), drafted in the 32nd round after his frosh junior college season (didn't sign), and drafted in the 41st round after his soph junior college season (signed). It's a completely different dynamic and basketball would need a huge overhaul to adapt to this system. Also, his draft position would lead people to believe he was a ho-hum player, but he was a top 5 round arm with a 96 mph fastball who made it all the way up to AAA. Again, radically different dynamics and baseball players have incredible leverage, far different from basketball and football. Teams have a year to offer you what you want and they lose their rights to you if you don't sign, then its back to the draft pool again.
Minor league baseball has its similarities to the G league, but it is way more of a grind because you are playing 6 or 7 games a week from April until early September and there may be months where you are only sleeping in your own bed 7-10 nights a month because of the long road trips and travel. It is indeed a grind, even for the Bonus Babies who get $1 million and up signing bonuses. The pay is borderline slavery until you reach AAA (roughly $2,000 a month plus $25 a day for meal money on the road).
On the upside, more people watch.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

azcat34 wrote:Looks like Pitt wishes Johnson went to Arizona.

Not a shock. Schools hate in conference transfers.

Another way in which the system is not friendly to the athlete.
Bangkok Wildcat

Post by Bangkok Wildcat »

http://www.cbssports.com/college-basket ... ar-behind/

Interesting article on CSM recruiting.
Jefe

Post by Jefe »

What song is that? Arizona Wildcats in the lyrics...
RiseAndFire

Post by RiseAndFire »

I wonder if anyone on the staff watched Golden State win another NBA title playing an open and uptempo style of offense that gives players freedom :idea:
and having the time of their lives playing for a relaxed coach like Kerr (or Lue for that matter)? :idea:

nah probably not
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

RiseAndFire wrote:I wonder if anyone on the staff watched Golden State win another NBA title playing an open and uptempo style of offense that gives players freedom :idea:
and having the time of their lives playing for a relaxed coach like Kerr (or Lue for that matter)? :idea:

nah probably not
Lol Tyronn Lue's demeanor being praised. I've seen it all.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

RiseAndFire wrote:I wonder if anyone on the staff watched Golden State win another NBA title playing an open and uptempo style of offense that gives players freedom :idea:

nah probably not
Yeah, that's why GS wins. Not having multiple MVP's on a team and 5 allstars.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:

nah probably not
Seriously, wtf is wrong with Sean Miller? Doesn't he know he needs to recruit multiple MVPs and All Stars and the two best 3 point shooters in history on his team?

Also the Ty Lue comment is the best thing ever. I may never stop laughing at that.
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:

nah probably not
They had the core without KD before Kerr was the coach with Jackson and didnt get to the WCF. Natural progression and talent played a role for sure but the coaching style and coaching change is what put them over the hump.
2018 Bear Down Wildcats Conference Championship Challenge Champion
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

PHXCATS wrote:
Spaceman Spiff wrote:

nah probably not
They had the core without KD before Kerr was the coach with Jackson and didnt get to the WCF. Natural progression and talent played a role for sure but the coaching style and coaching change is what put them over the hump.
Jackson was noted as a player's coach who let guys do their thing. You have a better argument that Kerr's scheming did more to change things. Jackson was very relaxed and a lot of the players wanted him retained.

This year, the Warriors had Mike Brown take over for Kerr and didn't miss a beat. This team was just loaded beyond belief. The style was a continuation, and I give Kerr credit for managing the addition of a star, but the reason this team won wasn't happy feelings. It was that they didn't derail the greatest collection of talent in NBA history with individual agendas.
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:
PHXCATS wrote:
Spaceman Spiff wrote:

nah probably not
Jackson was noted as a player's coach who let guys do their thing. You have a better argument that Kerr's scheming did more to change things. Jackson was very relaxed and a lot of the players wanted him retained.

This year, the Warriors had Mike Brown take over for Kerr and didn't miss a beat. This team was just loaded beyond belief. The style was a continuation, and I give Kerr credit for managing the addition of a star, but the reason this team won wasn't happy feelings. It was that they didn't derail the greatest collection of talent in NBA history with individual agendas.
I meant style as the same as scheme but I can see how it might not be as clear.

The identity of the team changed when Kerr arrived which is what put them over the hump and allowed them not to miss a beat when Kerr was out and Walton and Brown coached.
2018 Bear Down Wildcats Conference Championship Challenge Champion
Puerco

Post by Puerco »

nah probably not
Could it be because they are professionals who have proven their ability to treat their job as a job? Even you couldn't say the same about the majority of college basketball players.
'A parent is the one person who is supposed to make their kid think they can do anything. Says they're beautiful even when they're ugly. Thinks they're smart even when they go to Arizona State.' -- Jack Donaghy
Puerco

Post by Puerco »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:
azcat34 wrote:Looks like Pitt wishes Johnson went to Arizona.

Not a shock. Schools hate in conference transfers.

Another way in which the system is not friendly to the athlete.
Shocking. Absolutely shocking. How can a school even be allowed to do this after a player has completed his degree? This should be reversed and the players should be given complete freedom to move after graduation.
Bangkok Wildcat

Lonnie Walker Tears Meniscus!

Post by Bangkok Wildcat »

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basket ... es-surgery

Wow, too bad for Walker BUT we finally dodged an injury bullet.....unlike last year. Hope he recovers soon but damned glad it didn't happen to us again.......feel weird saying that but after last year, I'm really paranoid and hoping for a long string of good health.
threenumberones

Post by threenumberones »

Yea seriously. It always makes me nervous when this thread gets bumped at this time of year.
prh

Post by prh »

https://www.cbssports.com/college-baske ... a-in-play/" target="_blank
Marvin Bagley III mulls reclassifying, playing in college this year

Marvin Bagley III, the top-rated prospect in the Class of 2018, is exploring the possibility of reclassifying and enrolling in time to play college basketball this season, a source confirmed to CBS Sports on Friday.
Zero chance, right? The talk in the '18 thread is USC, but they don't appear to have any scholarship spots currently available. Both us and Duke do though.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

prh wrote:https://www.cbssports.com/college-baske ... a-in-play/

Marvin Bagley III, the top-rated prospect in the Class of 2018, is exploring the possibility of reclassifying and enrolling in time to play college basketball this season, a source confirmed to CBS Sports on Friday.
Zero chance, right? The talk in the '18 thread is USC, but they don't appear to have any scholarship spots currently available. Both us and Duke do though.
It has to be zero chance. If not, we'd have:

PJC
Rawle
Zo
Bagley
Ayton

If that lineup didn't win a NC, I would lose my mind. I would also be pretty sure where the weak link in the chain was.
TheBlackLodge

Post by TheBlackLodge »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:
prh wrote:https://www.cbssports.com/college-baske ... a-in-play/

It has to be zero chance. If not, we'd have:

PJC
Rawle
Zo
Bagley
Ayton

If that lineup didn't win a NC, I would lose my mind. I would also be pretty sure where the weak link in the chain was.
TBF, every Miller-era point guard point guard outside of TJMC would be the weak link in THAT lineup.
Formerly McLurvin
UALoco

Post by UALoco »

So we do have a spot available?
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

UALoco wrote:So we do have a spot available?
For Bagley? I assume most people would actually consider committing homicide if that was needed to have a spot available for Bagley.
prh

Post by prh »

UALoco wrote:So we do have a spot available?
Talbott Denny's scholie wasn't guaranteed for this year, I assume that it would become open if needed.
EOCT

Post by EOCT »

I'd hate to see USC get Bagley.

A sure top 5, maybe even NC favorite. Imagine----McLaughlin at the helm with Bagley, Metu, Boatright in the front court and a bunch of young guys all over the roster.
Main Event

Post by Main Event »

Would def suck to see him go to SC, but as a Suns fan 8-)
Jefe

Post by Jefe »

Is this why Paulo left? :shock:
gronk4heisman

Post by gronk4heisman »

Jefe wrote:Is this why Paulo left? :shock:
Yes, because Marvin Bagley is going to take his walk on spot. *Sarcasm*