Re: Kadeem Allen

Post by Jefe »

Kadeem put this awesome video up on instagram highlighting his defense

https://www.instagram.com/p/BPoNB8IBvSQ ... deemallen5" target="_blank
http://www.pictastar.com/view/1434453789200807056" target="_blank
Airizona

Post by Airizona »

I can't think of anyone off the top of my head who have blocked more jump shots than Kadeem. Seems like he gets one a game or so which is insane.
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

Nick Johnson is the only one that is popping in my head from recent memory and I think Kadeem has probably blocked more.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
MrMeow

Post by MrMeow »

Chicat wrote:
This is fabulous. The Allens here from N.C. - 5 of them, the Markkanens here from Finland, Brian Bowen here on his own dime. More? This is Arizona basketball. Go Cats.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

So cool. Whatever happens to him, I wish him the best and he'll be memorable.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Terrible way to end his McKale career, air balling the game tying 3 point shot after getting schooled by Alford of all people on the other end.
Jefe

Post by Jefe »

Chicat wrote:
I talked to the guy on the right Thursday against USC after seeing his shirt in the concession line. He is Kadeem's cousin and made the trip for both games. Had the shirts made back home
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

Merkin wrote:Terrible way to end his McKale career, air balling the game tying 3 point shot after getting schooled by Alford of all people on the other end.

I just think Karma helps Kadeem rebound from this in the opposite circumstance in the post season. Miller said as much after the game.

Still alot of basketball ahead for Kadeem this year.
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Olsondogg wrote:
Merkin wrote:Terrible way to end his McKale career, air balling the game tying 3 point shot after getting schooled by Alford of all people on the other end.

I just think Karma helps Kadeem rebound from this in the opposite circumstance in the post season. Miller said as much after the game.

Still alot of basketball ahead for Kadeem this year.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
billk78

Post by billk78 »

Lots of emotion right now. Im in shock and disbelief. Another heartbreak. But my heart goes out to Kadeem Allen. Man this dude played hard all the way till the end tonight. Didn't score the most but was probably the hardest working player, especially down the stretch. I'm going to miss having him around, Not a true PG by any means, but he played his guts out for the Cats. Sucks his last game goes down like this.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Seriously, this guy was a JC player who turned out to be the best defensive player on the team, by far. Who would have figured?
catgrad97

Post by catgrad97 »

Didn't deserve to go out like this. Trier or no Trier, it should've been Kadeem's ball to win at the end.
billk78

Post by billk78 »

catgrad97 wrote:Didn't deserve to go out like this. Trier or no Trier, it should've been Kadeem's ball to win at the end.
Was kinda thinking the same thing. Even let him go to the hoop on the drive.
loomer

Post by loomer »

Kadeem deserved better.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

billk78 wrote:
catgrad97 wrote:Didn't deserve to go out like this. Trier or no Trier, it should've been Kadeem's ball to win at the end.
Why there wasn't a set play off this I'll never know. We looked like wvu with it shit play at the end.

Oh wait that's right, Miller likes to burn through his timeouts.
Harvey Specter

Post by Harvey Specter »

CalStateTempe wrote:
billk78 wrote:
Why there wasn't a set play off this I'll never know. We looked like wvu with it shit play at the end.

Oh wait that's right, Miller likes to burn through his timeouts.
I love you dude, you know that.

But stop. You're the same guy who jumped on 97Cats jock in agreement when he declared that Zo needed to take every important shot down the stretch after Kadeem missed the game winner late against UCLA.

So when Kadeem takes it - it should have been Zo.

When Zo takes it, it should have been Kadeem.

I really hope ou do not have a bunch of patients who pull this 'flip-flopping to the alternative' in retrospect every time.

I did not want Zo taking the last shot. Ever.#ZoHeroBall

I may be wrong (and wrong a lot) but I am consistent.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Thanks for the check in. I do genuinely appreciate it.

I guess what I'm working out to other (have all season?) is that Trier is an enigma for me. So talented yet so boneheaded at times. I also recognize my personal deficits in braking down a game and like to listen/learn from others who are more knowledgeable about the nuts and bolts, yourself included, than I am. I felt 97s explanation for trier taking end of game shot seemed reasonable within the discussion at that time, so I agreed.

I wasn't terrible with tonight's shot, he hit 2-3 hit threes down the stretch and typically is a streaky player so I guess I had hope his last one would hit. I not that bothered by triers shooting, and would be even less so if he would just pass the ball more than dribble or step back into trouble. I guess I just wish he did his thing more within the concept of a team than in isolation. (One of the reasons why I can't watch the NBA)

But you raise another point that I should consider in my message board off-season, to trust what I am seeing a bit more and finds more articulate and objective ways to support/defend my reasoning. And maybe with that spur greater consistency on my opining.

Last nights game was a really tough loss.
Jefe

Post by Jefe »

Allen played in the Portsmouth Invitational a couple weeks ago

Game 1 - 29 mins 16pt 7reb 2ast 3stl
https://media.wix.com/ugd/9dbc28_534dc7 ... d73af7.pdf" target="_blank

Game 2 - 22 mins 9pt 5reb 3ast
https://media.wix.com/ugd/9dbc28_cde507 ... 10a705.pdf" target="_blank

Game 3 - 29 mins 13pt 5reb 4ast 1stl
https://media.wix.com/ugd/9dbc28_809bf8 ... 845698.pdf" target="_blank

He shot 13-27 FGs 4-8 FTs 8-10 Threes

Last edited by Jefe on Tue Apr 25, 2017 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bangkok Wildcat

Post by Bangkok Wildcat »

I love Kadeem and wish him nothing but the best in his professional future. A true Wildcat and a great representative of our program. Bear Down Kadeem!
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

It seems hard to believe Kadeem has a NBA future. That said, good team guys who can play D should always find a place.
PennZona20

Post by PennZona20 »

Even if he doesn't play in NBA he will make his living playing basketball. Good for him.

It's also worth noting most people didn't think TJ could play in NBA at about this time 2 years ago. Guys who just want it more can find a niche.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

How many players from Portsmouth have made it to the NBA in recent history?

Portsmouth is for seniors only.

More for European scouts I imagine.
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:It seems hard to believe Kadeem has a NBA future. That said, good team guys who can play D should always find a place.
Yeah, I had him penciled in for the D League and eventually somewhere overseas. I know it is a different era, but Reggie Geary got in two NBA seasons and he and Kadeem were pretty close defensively from what I remember. Kadeem obviously has better size/length and was better offensively than Geary. Who knows.
SirClinks

Post by SirClinks »

Playing oversees is a pretty good living. But it would be great if he could make an NBA roster somehow, even if just a short term call-up.
Bangkok Wildcat

Huge congrats to Kadeem drafted by the Celtics in the second round, #53 overall!!! It's these long term, gutsy, "all-in" to 'The Process' Wildcats that I love to cheer for the most.

Bear Down Kadeem and make us proud, yet again, with your NBA career. BTFD :-)
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

So fucking happy for that young man. Bear Down Deem!
baconus66

Post by baconus66 »

Wow! I love this
Bangkok Wildcat

Chicat wrote:So fucking happy for that young man. Bear Down Deem!
Yep, think he's probably my favorite since TJ....you know CSM has got to be so frickin' stoked right now. Kadeem, like TJ, will be another great ambassador for the Wildcats.
catgrad97

Post by catgrad97 »

Keep feedin the 'deem! Well-deserved, Mr. Allen!
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Awesome to see him drafted
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
legallykenny

Post by legallykenny »

ASUHATER! wrote:Awesome to see him drafted

No kidding. Amazing to see a kid who did the work get his shot.
Puerco

Post by Puerco »

Absolutely cool. Good to see a guy who stuck around and put in the work to improve his game get rewarded.
'A parent is the one person who is supposed to make their kid think they can do anything. Says they're beautiful even when they're ugly. Thinks they're smart even when they go to Arizona State.' -- Jack Donaghy
HiCat

Post by HiCat »

Congrats KaDeem, you deserve it.
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

Honor the process. I had a perma-smile being a Celtics fan. Ainge killed it in the 2nd round.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Good for Kadeem. Intangibles and D still matter, and he has both.
gumby

Post by gumby »

Yay! Go seniors!
Right where I want to be.
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:Good for Kadeem. Intangibles and D still matter, and he has both.
Celtics clearly believe he can be a Tony Allen type of guy off the bench and you know they likely aren't going to keep BOTH Bradley and Smart long term. Kadeem will have had plenty of time to marinade and improve and be the next man up when that time comes.
EOCT

Post by EOCT »

rgdeuce wrote:
Spaceman Spiff wrote:Good for Kadeem. Intangibles and D still matter, and he has both.
Celtics clearly believe he can be a Tony Allen type of guy off the bench and you know they likely aren't going to keep BOTH Bradley and Smart long term. Kadeem will have had plenty of time to marinade and improve and be the next man up when that time comes.
Good call, rg. I felt Avery Bradley really came into his own following Isaiah's injury. Dude has always shown his terrific D, but the playoffs brought out the offense I've always felt he's had. Sweet perimeter shot, and great movement without the ball getting free. A Bradley/Deem duo down the line would be a monster D and acceptable O game, huh?
Last edited by EOCT on Sat Jun 24, 2017 3:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

Not hard to imagine Kadeem lasting for a while in the league. He's a smart player and a very good defender. I'm happy for him.
TucsonClip

Post by TucsonClip »

Kadeem went to the exact team that is going to appreciate him, and use him accordingly. Id love to see him stick there, especially if the Celics make a multiplayer move for George.

Off the top of my head, I believe the Celtics have around six rookies coming in this season. Not all of them are going to be on the roster, in the organization, and only two two-way contracts. Celtics need to make one more trade to clear max cap space, so that might eliminate one of these guys. Its going to be a dog fight, but Allen getting drafted likely sets him up for a potential two-way deal at least.
"Plus, why would I go to the NBA? Duke players suck in the pros."

-Shane Battier
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Never ever been a Celtic fan but now, yes I am. Have to think Brad Stephens values defense and rang up CSM on this one.

This is a victory for the kids that stay and says FU to the one and dones which have hurt both leagues
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

azcat49 wrote:Never ever been a Celtic fan but now, yes I am. Have to think Brad Stephens values defense and rang up CSM on this one.

This is a victory for the kids that stay and says FU to the one and dones which have hurt both leagues
I think one thing these one and done kids don't get is how much these teams value work ethic. If I look at KA, Chance & Kobi, the one intangible that jumps out at me is Kadeem's work ethic. Look at Chance, Jarrett & Kobi and I don't see much of a work ethic. What happens when these guys are playing in Grand Rapids with a couple hundred people in the stands and you've played 3 games in 4 nights. Who is going to be up the next day working on their game? Kadeem for sure, doubtful with the rest. Who is going to listen to what the coach is telling them to work on so they get more playing time with a chance to jump to the league? These kids are listening to the wrong people. Hard work is what gets you to the NBA. We've all heard how hard Bryant, Lebron & MJ worked on their game. They didn't rely on talent alone. Kadeem earned his draft position.
KaibabKat

Post by KaibabKat »

Kadeem has signed one of the new two way contracts with the Boston Celtics. Nice to see him doing well.

https://www.azdesertswarm.com/basketbal ... ue-arizona
Bangkok Wildcat

KaibabKat wrote:Kadeem has signed one of the new two way contracts with the Boston Celtics. Nice to see him doing well.

https://www.azdesertswarm.com/basketbal ... ue-arizona
Awesome, thanks KaibabKat. Nothing but love for Kadeem.....Really hope he succeeds in the NBA!
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Going to make 6 figures playing ball next year. So glad for Kadeem
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
SirClinks

Post by SirClinks »

Wow, thats great! Hope he gets called up a few times.
EVCat

Post by EVCat »

The 2-way contracts and suddenly opened roster spots for those positions made this draft an early entry goldmine/nightmare, depending on your perspective. It will never be like that again, or at least not for a while, because those added positions had to be filled, and if I am a team, I am going to fill at least 2 of them with rookie projects. Kadeem was drafted, but I am not sure it really helps him any at all compared to Kobi Simmons, who got a 2-way but was able to pick his team.

Is there any perc for having been a 2nd round pick? Or did Kobi actually have an overall advantage over Kadeem, other than having a team pledge interest?

Either, way, I am thrilled for Kadeem because he can always say, even if he ends up overseas, that he was drafted by the Boston Celtics. Kobi can't say that. It's but one part of the story...if Kobi blows up and Kadeem just hammers a nice little living away somewhere, no one is going to say "Ha Ha...Kobi didn't get drafted". But there is still a pride there.
TucsonClip

Post by TucsonClip »

EVCat wrote:The 2-way contracts and suddenly opened roster spots for those positions made this draft an early entry goldmine/nightmare, depending on your perspective. It will never be like that again, or at least not for a while, because those added positions had to be filled, and if I am a team, I am going to fill at least 2 of them with rookie projects.
Of the 13 two-way contracts officially signed, only two (Antonio Blakeney and Alex Caruso) are for two years, all others are for one season. Adding in the eight additional "reported" two-way deals, only one is reported for more than one season (Edmond Sumner).

I highly doubt many agents are going to recommend their clients sign for more than one season.
"Plus, why would I go to the NBA? Duke players suck in the pros."

-Shane Battier
RichardCranium

Post by RichardCranium »

2 quick questions.

Whats a 2 way contract?

What does hardass Aussie smurf Aaron Baynes add to the Celtics?
Any sufficiently advanced troll is indistinguishable from a genuine kook.