Bribery Scandal - FBI Probe - Book Richardson Involved

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

Jefe

Re: Bribery Scandal - FBI Probe - Book Richardson Involved

Post by Jefe »

EVCat wrote:That's just false based on what we are talking about here. It was imperative that Miller not know, or Book would be fired. We are talking about chump change to Miller. He did not know about Book getting $5,000 here and there, rolling in his $60K, to talk to players about going to a certain agent.

So why the fuck would Miller look the other way. I can say with a straight face that if the actions that have been made public are what there is, there is no fucking way Miller knew what was going on, because he would have fired Book in .1 seconds (or maybe .4...however long it takes to pick him up and throw him) for risking the entire program over piss-ant money to manipulate his players to certain agents.
But what about the leave of absence Book was forced to take a few season ago? Book was paid by PGU to leak info to Ace on recruits and Miller kept him on the staff
ASUHATER! wrote:Can we just kill the AAU system and start paying players at least a little something? Most of this crap would be avoided then.
The top recruits are getting paid even before getting to college...
SunnyAZ wrote:Watching the Pascoe video on the situation, so Book took $20,000 in bribes and gave some of it to a recruit who ended up committing. And that is the whole situation?
Read pages 36-51. Its all on Book and what they caught him doing via video surveillance and wire taps on his phone

https://www.justice.gov/usao-sdny/press ... 6/download" target="_blank
YoDeFoe

Post by YoDeFoe »

splitsecond wrote:
CalStateTempe wrote:That's what I'm having trouble getting my head around.

This is bad very very bad, and i hope it stops at book otherwise a team that brings me such joy will be dead is so many ways.

But why is the FBI doing the NCAA's dirty work? What federal crime was broken? Is it becuase book is an employee of a federally funded university?
My guess is the investigation leads back to someone who was burned in this situation or it leads back to Nike.
The insinuation from Gatto (Adidas) was that Arizona / Nike was going to pay Little if Adidas / Miami couldn't move forward and make it happen. Could be lying... or could be that this whole thing (CBB) is fucked.
AZCatGirl

Post by AZCatGirl »

Why the fuck are we still paying him?
“The reality is that the hardest games to win are over teams on their home court. Teams that don’t play those games can spin it however they want, but what they’re saying is, ‘We don’t want to lose in our non conference season.’" - Sean Miller
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Great article here: UA and Miller are off the hook, at least in regards to the FBI:

https://www.cbssports.com/college-baske ... asketball/" target="_blank
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

AZCatGirl wrote: Why the fuck are we still paying him?
It's hard to deny pay to a state employee.
Bosy Billups wrote:Too Soon Take:

Feel really bad for Book. He make a mistake, yes, broke some laws, but the consequences will be far more dire then the action. Not like he got someone hurt, or he was even malicious against a person. Thought he'd make a quick buck in a return favor, but that the kid would probably be in fine shape steering to that individual. Just lack of judgment. However, he has burned the bridge of his best friend and mentor Miller, probably won't coach for a long time, face jail and/or fines, huge lawyer fees, reputation hits, etc., all for the quick buck. Pray for Book.
Fuck Book. He's a drunk lying money-grubbing piece of shit. Enjoy prison Fucko.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Jefe

Post by Jefe »

uhhhhh, strange timing...
ASUHATER!

Re: Bribery Scandal Involving Book Richardson

Post by ASUHATER! »

97cats wrote:
ASUHATER! wrote: Proof?
i ask the same of you, and your statements written as facts?

there is none, just your opinion, laced with the typical paranoid knee jerk reaction.
So you're saying the same applies to you then right?
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
zonagrad

Post by zonagrad »

Due process.
SCCats

Post by SCCats »

That Around the Horn segment was....interesting.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Because there's likely some internal procedures for termination at a public institution. I'm pretty sure suspension with pay is the first step in termination, but you still have to check the boxes.
Chicat

Re: Bribery Scandal Involving Book Richardson

Post by Chicat »

ASUHATER! wrote:
97cats wrote:
ASUHATER! wrote: Proof?
i ask the same of you, and your statements written as facts?

there is none, just your opinion, laced with the typical paranoid knee jerk reaction.
So you're saying the same applies to you then right?
Jesus Hater... :roll:
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

SCCats wrote:That Around the Horn segment was....interesting.
por que?
Jefe

Post by Jefe »

Will he be held without bail?
zonagrad

Post by zonagrad »

If Miller didn't know, this day must've hit him like a ton of bricks.

Will be interesting to hear his comments. Of course, because it's an ongoing investigation, Miller might be advised to keep quiet. If Miller comes out and says he feels betrayed by Book, I'd tend to believe him.
ColoradoBuffalo

Post by ColoradoBuffalo »

zonagrad wrote:If Miller didn't know, this day must've hit him like a ton of bricks.

Will be interesting to hear his comments. Of course, because it's an ongoing investigation, Miller might be advised to keep quiet. If Miller comes out and says he feels betrayed by Book, I'd tend to believe him.
I am very much looking forward to the 4 coaches and the other six individuals named to start squealing and taking everyone else down that they can to reduce their own risk. I am quite certain everyone at Arizona feels exactly the same way, especially Sean Miller. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

ColoradoBuffalo wrote:
zonagrad wrote:If Miller didn't know, this day must've hit him like a ton of bricks.

I am very much looking forward to the 4 coaches and the other six individuals named to start squealing and taking everyone else down that they can to reduce their own risk. I am quite certain everyone at Arizona feels exactly the same way, especially Sean Miller. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Maybe even Colorado will fall in with it as well. That'd be hilarious.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Thanks Rg appreciate the post and breakdown.
SunnyAZ

Post by SunnyAZ »

Jefe wrote:uhhhhh, strange timing...
weird, the document says University 4 (Zona) was going to pay 150K to Little to come play for them. That is weird, I feel that should be way more specif, like the whole University is in on this?
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Thanks 'rado fan.
ColoradoBuffalo

scumdevils86 wrote:
ColoradoBuffalo wrote:

Maybe even Colorado will fall in with it as well. That'd be hilarious.
Sources close Louisville are starting to come out with implications that even bigger news will hit tomorrow morning. Regardless of who is involved, I will be hoping for them to get crushed by the big bad federal train of justice. Now if only that could happen to ****Baylor....
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

CalStateTempe wrote:Thanks 'rado fan.
No kidding. We haven't seen them show their faces around here in quite some time.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

SunnyAZ wrote:
Jefe wrote:uhhhhh, strange timing...
weird, the document says University 4 (Zona) was going to pay 150K to Little to come play for them. That is weird, I feel that should be way more specif, like the whole University is in on this?
Usually it's not the school or program, but the shoe company involved in this. Hence the whole Adidas/Miami angle here.
gumby

Post by gumby »

Right where I want to be.
SCCats

Post by SCCats »

scumdevils86 wrote:
SCCats wrote:That Around the Horn segment was....interesting.
por que?
They've got the 3 minute segment already up on their facebook page. It's...yeah. For all the hubub they're basically like "And?"
gumby

Post by gumby »

gumby wrote:
A few weeks later, Dawkins told an undercover agent that Richardson needed another $15,000 to secure the player, who Dawkins identified as a "top point guard in the country," according to the complaint.

Dawkins told the agent that if this deal was made, “the leverage I have with the program would be ridiculous at that point,” and that UA head coach Sean Miller “is talking out of his mouth, he wants (the player) bad as (expletive,)” the complaint says.
Suggests to me that maybe Dawkins wasn't connected to the program until Quinerly. Maybe.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

scumdevils86 wrote:
No kidding. We haven't seen them show their faces around here in quite some time.
Serious weak sauce, as if this fan base needs the "help" with information. We're fucking 3hrs ahead of dado fan but he's all " guys I heard hc have to take the fall for assistants" and provides a "helpful link"

It's gonna be funny when the dust settles from all this an tad boyle looking up from the bottom of the mountains division.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

lol so we still can't recruit a top point guard. Smh
gumby

Post by gumby »

And the Poor Timing Award goes to this article just rolled out.
gumby

Post by gumby »

CalStateTempe wrote:lol so we still can't recruit a top point guard. Smh
:lol:
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

gumby wrote:
gumby wrote:
A few weeks later, Dawkins told an undercover agent that Richardson needed another $15,000 to secure the player, who Dawkins identified as a "top point guard in the country," according to the complaint.

Dawkins told the agent that if this deal was made, “the leverage I have with the program would be ridiculous at that point,” and that UA head coach Sean Miller “is talking out of his mouth, he wants (the player) bad as (expletive,)” the complaint says.
Suggests to me that maybe Dawkins wasn't connected to the program until Quinerly. Maybe.
None of the contact between Dawkins and Book is prior to summer, 2017.

If you're arguing Miller didn't know, the quote from Dawkins about how he could leverage Book because Miller wanted Quinerly bad is a really good place to start. No one knows, but that certainly reads like Book being under pressure from Miller because he wanted Quinerly and Dawkins seizing on that.

Ultimately, who knows? This is an issue of how bad it is, not whether it's bad, and where it goes from here.
dmjcat

Post by dmjcat »

And he has several immediate problems:

1) Who among his current players is the one who was paid??? Book is going to lawyer up and the kid with the cash may
not be willing to out himself

2) How can Sean be sure that this hasn't been going on for a while (did Book just turn bad??) and that he may
have several paid players on the team??
Bosy Billups

Post by Bosy Billups »

This "Scandal" isn't even trending on Twitter anymore.

Thanks for referencing Around The Horn, this is the 2nd or 3rd story, and "Meh"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7GUS5DSyOFw&t=927s" target="_blank

If this is contained to just Book, it's back to business in a week.

Whose pumped for the R/B Game?
ColoradoBuffalo

CalStateTempe wrote:
scumdevils86 wrote:
Serious weak sauce, as if this fan base needs the "help" with information. We're fucking 3hrs ahead of dado fan but he's all " guys I heard hc have to take the fall for assistants" and provides a "helpful link"

It's gonna be funny when the dust settles from all this an tad boyle looking up from the bottom of the mountains division.
I get that you're frustrated with your situation, but you can do better than that. Though, at least you made me chuckle. Enjoy the process, I know I will. :lol:
Carcassdragger

Post by Carcassdragger »

EV CAt, "Why the fuck would Miller look the other way?" You've got to be kidding right?

Book is Miller's guy and brought him into the program. You think with all these high level recruits rolling, Miller knew nothing just because it wasn't picked up on a wire tap? Wake up.

Either way, Book is Miller's guy and Miller is culpable. Shame on us if we don't fire him.
2020 BEARDOWN WILDCATS RAP Champion
2018 BEARDOWN WILDCATS SURVIVAL POOL Champion
2017 BEARDOWN WILDCATS RAP Champion
2013 GOAZCATS SURVIVAL POOL Champion
SunnyAZ

Post by SunnyAZ »

Pascoe says Book faces a max of 60 years in prison. Sweet baby jesus, if he has any info on the higher ups he is definitely spilling the beans.
Bosy Billups

Post by Bosy Billups »

carcassdragger wrote:EV CAt, "Why the fuck would Miller look the other way?" You've got to be kidding right?

Book is Miller's guy and brought him into the program. You think with all these high level recruits rolling, Miller knew nothing just because it wasn't picked up on a wire tap? Wake up.

Either way, Book is Miller's guy and Miller is culpable. Shame on us if we don't fire him.
Under this standard, every D1 college coach should be fired, including BYU
Dosia

Post by Dosia »

Well im getting fucked up in Boston tonight. Can't wait to see what news hits tomorrow.
Bosy Billups

Post by Bosy Billups »

Pitino to be gone tomorrow AM, btw, per beatwriter
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

The NCAA and pac12 are really going to kill us on the optics of this thing.

I get what your saying spiff and I agree but the perception in all of this is just terrible.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

Bosy Billups wrote:Pitino to be gone tomorrow AM, btw, per beatwriter
Link?
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

Bosy Billups wrote:
carcassdragger wrote:EV CAt, "Why the fuck would Miller look the other way?" You've got to be kidding right?

Under this standard, every D1 college coach should be fired, including BYU
Unless there's proof that Miller is involved or explicitly knew about what was going on he's not going anywhere.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

It's cute really 'rado fan learning about big boy basketball by deciding to visit and give his first post today.
97cats

Post by 97cats »

i hear Coach Miller is considering replacing him with Books vacancy on the bench.
97cats

Post by 97cats »

too soon???
UAdevil

Post by UAdevil »

ColoradoBuffalo wrote:
CalStateTempe wrote:
scumdevils86 wrote:

I get that you're frustrated with your situation, but you can do better than that. Though, at least you made me chuckle. Enjoy the process, I know I will. :lol:
If you've come here just to talk shit you'll be shown the door real quick.
Love the 've! Stop with the: Would of - Could of - Should of - Must of - Might of
1stNGrant Frys

Post by 1stNGrant Frys »

ColoradoBuffalo wrote:

I hope we can handle it as gracefully as CU handled their assistant beating up his wife and MacIntyre not reporting it.
Last edited by 1stNGrant Frys on Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

He's talking shit.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Makes sense.

NYCat

Post by NYCat »

CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

So glad pitinos wife had a terrible real estate agent when they came for their visit. Lol

Or does this belong in the gallows humor thread?