Bribery Scandal - FBI Probe - Book Richardson Involved

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

520in480

Re: Bribery Scandal - FBI Probe - Book Richardson Involved

Post by 520in480 »

CatFanOneMil wrote:I'm gonna let the sun shine on some rather dark imaginations, wakey, wakey, eggs and bakey...

First of all Romar and his recruiting...

A TON of these really good players are being raised by single moms who's entire support net UP UNTIL NOW has been grandma, her faith and the church...a lot of you may be ignorant to this world but it shapes more of the landscaper here than you might imagine...hell Trier is always twitting things from his daily bible devotional...my point is faith and church culture (obviously not immune to corruption, but much harder to tweak for a single mom) are squarely planted in a good portion of influence here...Romar is a man of faith, he is part of that culture, heck Miller went on and on about his impeccable reputation, he's a church guy (yes I know there are plenty of corrupt church guys but I'm pretty sure Romar is not one of them)...Romar probably recruits from this cultural angle and it gives him a decided edge in a LOT of these situations because many of these families have only ever had the church in their corner, do you have any idea how hard it would be to raise a young black man in some inner city world and keep him out of jail and off the streets and away from drugs? Just about the ONLY way to do it is keep him in church where there are a few good deacons and a preacher who act as surrogate uncles and father figures...Romar is an incredible surrogate figure in this culture.

Second, Miller and his world here...he has kids...kids in College, he has put roots down here his family has put roots down here, he comes from the world of people like TJ McConnell hard working Pittsburg middle class families...these people don't generally throw away their entire life and legacy for greed...hell the man is probably the highest paid employee on the state payroll...he has a nice life...now I get that there might be incentive to compete as a coach and do the same thing as the big boys do (if this is as rampant as many want me to believe) but even at that there's still a good chance that his character steps up in that mess and says "Fuck that I will win the hard way before I compromise my Dads legacy"...

I'm just trying to suggest that yes American greed is an ugly ugly beast and yes it has its tentacles in the world of college sports, but that does not mean it runs things, it doesn't run your world does it?

Most people are good...I stick to this I will say it over and over in spite of the majority of most people electing greedy people to run our government...even there most people are simply trying to get a person in power to help the average person, no one is electing greedy people because they want to be greedy themselves...we are all basically good so stop letting the bogeyman of humanities darker side drive your imagination.

Good post.

Greed goes far beyond the borders of this country and far beyond the world of money. It is defined as an "intense and selfish desire for something, especially wealth, power, or food." There are plenty of greedy people in college basketball. But there are plenty of greedy people everywhere, including politics, law enforcement, college administrations, television, journalism, etc. Greed is a human condition, so anywhere there are humans, there will be greed.
BearDown89

Re: Frankly, My Dear, I Don't Give a Damn

Post by BearDown89 »

Chicat wrote:
BearDown89 wrote:
PieceOfMeat wrote:
Chicat wrote:
Also, I have no idea of any sound reasons why I shouldn't merge this thread with the main scandal one. Please someone enlighten me on both counts.

There is no sound reason not to merge it. In fact, I can merge it for you if you like: I don't mind being the "bad guy" moderator in this instance.

NM's opinion is of no greater or lesser value than any other person's on this board. Therefore, it certainly doesn't deserve an entire thread which, on its own, does nothing but stroke the ego of the thread creator and further empower the thread creator's holier-than-thou attitude.
You guys take this stuff way too seriously. Who cares if there's another thread. It lives or dies of its own accord. What difference does it make. None.
Then why not have everyone start their own thread with their thoughts at the top?

We've been working with the megathread mentality for a decade now. Usually if you're not bringing a new topic or new way of looking something to the table, you're getting merged. Other boards do it other ways. I get that. But they haven't been our way.
I get it and I appreciate it for the most part. It is certainly unique to BDW (in a good way typically). Personally, I thought PC's point in this thread was unique from the ad nauseam rampant speculation roaring through the other thread that will pass 2000 posts before lunch. Sometimes the megathreads are too much to keep up with and I don't mind seeing a fresh thought in a new thread. Occasionally, I think the tone and the authoritarianism from the cool kids around here is a little unwarranted. Buy hey, it's your show and y'all been doing this for a long time before I showed up so carry on.

Anyway, to PC's point, I don't give a shit about any of this. I didn't care about steroids in baseball and I don't care about paying players or whatever. This is all just for entertainment purposes at the end of the day. It's not about academic standards or the values of student athleticism or any other high and mighty BS. At the core it's all about money and greed. The haves and the have-nots. Plain and simple. When it comes to money and greed and corruption there are no rules. I accept that. I've been an Arizona fan for more than 40 years. I practically grew up on that campus. I just like rooting for the Cats and being entertained by the action between the lines. I honestly don't give a shit what happens outside of that. So yeah, frankly my dear, I don't give a damn, but in a different way than PC.
ProfessorFate

Post by ProfessorFate »

Hank of sb wrote:
prh wrote:
Hank of sb wrote:
84Cat wrote:Hopefully, if the UA is going to fire Miller, it will be based on their internal investigation, not external pressure. It would be stupid to fire him right now!
Yes, firing Miller should or should not happen based on the above; that issue is independent of self-sanctioning. Mind you, the team already knows they have an ineligible player and they already know if that player' s issue vacates the whole of last year.

What's the hold up on that announcement?

I would imagine we'll get a wrap on all this stuff within a month, whether we want one or not.
Because allegations of paying a current player in the FBI complaint is far from enough evidence for the NCAA to declare someone ineligible. With this logic, why don't all guilty criminals plead guilty instead of delaying things with an actual trial?
Scheer has already acknowledged it happened and they "are just sorting out the timeline."

From my reading, the player has admitted his family received money.

Look, lets do things your way: Admit nothing; say nothing; stonewall (which won't work with the FBI, Larry Scott etc); put the burden on the NCAA and just declare we've fixed everything (Book gone).

That strategy makes no sense. Why? Because recruiting is over now, today........BEFORE we get the hammer. The actual hammer--the punishment--might fall two year's from now.
Who wants to wait?

It's not like Arizona is going to have banner years until hammer-time comes.

Hence, the argument is get it over with. Self-sanctioning works and it will be darn easy (soon) for the Robbins and the AD to know where we stand and what the sanctioning should be. The NCAA can't even start their investigation for months/years. Why wait on them? They're no help.

For all those that waited, Syracuse comes to mind, none of them gained. They lost.
Link?
2023 Football RAP Champion
2022 Mark Schlabach Memorial Bracket Champion
2017 Bear Down Wildcats Survival Pool Champion
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

I'm 99% Russ Smith's wife cheated on him with Joe Pasternak.
NYCat

Post by NYCat »

10 seconds of regret
CatFanOneMil

Post by CatFanOneMil »

CalStateTempe wrote:
CatFanOneMil wrote:
I'm just trying to suggest that yes American greed is an ugly ugly beast and yes it has its tentacles in the world of college sports, but that does not mean it runs things,.
Must be nice of live in your world. America love the mammon and everything is for sale in this country. And I'm a centrist/moderate saying this.
I have no doubt that to some degree this is true, but let me place it right back at you, is YOUR integrity for sale? Would YOU let greed over ride your basic respect (and fear of jail) for the rules of your job? Do YOU allow greed to motivate you to the point that you will break laws for its desires?

Then why push that as the common narrative? Unless of course you are the problem...do you see my point? It's easy to think greed runs everything, but only if you are greedy yourself...and I have faith you are not and most of are not...sure we all like shiny new things but we cheer when greedy people go to jail don't we?

We all may want things, but we ALL don't want them so much we will break laws for them...there's a big difference here.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

ProfessorFate wrote:
Hank of sb wrote:
prh wrote:
Hank of sb wrote:
Yes, firing Miller should or should not happen based on the above; that issue is independent of self-sanctioning. Mind you, the team already knows they have an ineligible player and they already know if that player' s issue vacates the whole of last year.

I would imagine we'll get a wrap on all this stuff within a month, whether we want one or not.
Because allegations of paying a current player in the FBI complaint is far from enough evidence for the NCAA to declare someone ineligible. With this logic, why don't all guilty criminals plead guilty instead of delaying things with an actual trial?
Scheer has already acknowledged it happened and they "are just sorting out the timeline."

Look, lets do things your way: Admit nothing; say nothing; stonewall (which won't work with the FBI, Larry Scott etc); put the burden on the NCAA and just declare we've fixed everything (Book gone).

That strategy makes no sense. Why? Because recruiting is over now, today........BEFORE we get the hammer. The actual hammer--the punishment--might fall two year's from now.
Who wants to wait?

Hence, the argument is get it over with. Self-sanctioning works and it will be darn easy (soon) for the Robbins and the AD to know where we stand and what the sanctioning should be. The NCAA can't even start their investigation for months/years. Why wait on them? They're no help.

For all those that waited, Syracuse comes to mind, none of them gained. They lost.
Link?
It isn't correct. He's reading it wrong. There's a third party statement to that effect, but it is not from the player or his family, it is from the guy claiming to have given stuff to the player/family.
WildcatStunner

Post by WildcatStunner »

Firing Miller right now would be the most asinine, over-reactive, and moronic thing to do. He is not under investigation. If he was fired, what coach is going to want to come to a program where the administration believes the inverse of innocent till proven guilty?
Russ Smith

Post by Russ Smith »

Hank of sb wrote:
TucsonClip wrote:

First, who the F sent Russ Smith a link here? perma-ban ASAP.

Second, here is the exact quote, since you like to post with less than 100% accuracy when citing quotes from the article:
Sood told an FBI witness on March 14 that "the (Arizona) coaches are interested in definitely working with us."

"As of now, the coaches haven't asked for anything," he told the witness, "but I'm sure when the time comes, they will, right?"
So you know more than Sood did in the report?
Russ breathes this stuff....and NCAA compliance or lack thereof, as well as scandal at other programs is a big thing for him. He would have found this place on his own. But I'd start with the other UCLA guy--what's his name?

Russ is actually not all bad, he's just well, Russ is Russ.
I've known about this site for awhile but never bothered to register. In fact this site got me a nasty PM from Scheer on Scout. I had posted on BRO awhile ago that Ayton hadn't cleared yet with the NCAA Clearinghouse and then someone told me in a PM that Scheer on the UA board was asked about my post and said I had no idea what I was talking about. A few weeks later right before the UA trip, I heard Ayton still hadn't cleared, it was being discussed on Bruinzone and a Kansas Scout board(because Kansas wanted Ayton). I googled it found this site and people right here were discussing that Ayton hadn't cleared. So I posted it on BRO and got a PM from Scheer politely asking me to stop stealing premium info from his site and posting it on BRO. So yes in a matter of weeks he went from saying I was wrong saying Ayton hadn't cleared, to accusing me of stealing that info from his site, when it was being openly discussed on several free sites.

What's going on here is no different than what would be happening at BRO if it had been UCLA and Grace and not UA and Book, and it's going on at USChoops right now about BLand. Everyone is trying to convince themselves it's not that bad. The difference is everyone here is bending over backwards to think Miller is clean, and the people on BRO are in some cases hoping alford gets caught up so he loses his job.

The system is corrupt, it has been all along. when everyone is cheating it's just absurd to believe the teams doing the best at recruiting are doing it clean,something I'm sure Duke and UK fans are wondering about right now.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

I make a distinction between personal vs corporate/institutional integrity.

The world has unsavory aspects that decent people live in. I believe we are saying the same thing, but I believe on a system level greed "does" run things to a greater degree than you might share. More variable among individuals.
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:I'm 99% Russ Smith's wife cheated on him with Joe Pasternak.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Swear to God I was just about to post the exact damn thing.

Either that, or Pasternak used to bully the hell out of RS on the playground. Or both.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

NYCat wrote:10 seconds of regret
"It's been hard. I cried the first time I realized I'd never again have a player stop by my office to tell me how the prostitute we'd bought for him could suck the chrome off a tailpipe. I think I'll miss the little things the most, like how their eyes would light up when we gave them $20,000. It's times like this that I feel like I'd almost give up the 44 million I'm still going to get paid if I could just coach them again. Then I remember I might get blackmailed for abortion money after an extramarital affair on a restaurant table and I realize I have to accept the fact that none of this is actually my fault."
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

NYCat wrote:10 seconds of regret
Rick's refractory period eh?
CatFanOneMil

Post by CatFanOneMil »

Hank of sb wrote:
prh wrote:
Hank of sb wrote:
84Cat wrote:Hopefully, if the UA is going to fire Miller, it will be based on their internal investigation, not external pressure. It would be stupid to fire him right now!

Who wants to wait?

Right here...if your point rests upon Sheer well you get what you pay for I suppose...sheer is a dumbass of epic proportions...sensationalism is the only way he stays in the spotlight, facts mean squat to that guy.
CatFanOneMil

Post by CatFanOneMil »

CalStateTempe wrote:I make a distinction between personal vs corporate/institutional integrity.

The world has unsavory aspects that decent people live in. I believe we are saying the same thing, but I believe on a system level greed "does" run things to a greater degree than you might share. More variable among individuals.
Yes I believe we are saying the same things, but here's the silver lining for this little corner of our "sports distraction happy place"...there is no way for the system itself to get rid of the greed that drives it, Jesus asked "Can Satan cast out Satan?" his point was that in systemic issues you cannot expect the system itself to cure its own cancer that it is creating...Miller is no Gandhi or Jesus trying to cure the systemic greed of shoe companies, he's more like one of the centurions that works in the palace, those guys very seldom get crucified, the system of greed on our country that drives the military industrial complex or the pharmaceutical opiod industry or the prison for profit industry take major cultural shifts to eradicate, Rome has to burn so to speak to get rid of this stuff...and in college basketball there might be a few fires smoking but the city is still standing and Nike has not started playing the fiddle yet...

Now if we see heads rolling at Nike...well then take Jesus advice and leave the city don't look back for one will be taken and one will be left...
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

CatFanOneMil wrote:
Hank of sb wrote:
prh wrote:
Hank of sb wrote:

Who wants to wait?

Right here...if your point rests upon Sheer well you get what you pay for I suppose...sheer is a dumbass of epic proportions...sensationalism is the only way he stays in the spotlight, facts mean squat to that guy.
You've just exposed yourself to be a sheer dumbass of epic proportions.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Miller is a f-ing wildcat and a Tucsonan. I stand 100% behind him and have sent emails to Heeke saying as much. I know it won't mean anything but I hope many of our fans do sent there thoughts to retain coach. He doesn't deserve this sh*t (and Hank in SD has always hated Miller so he is in heaven)

Those that said the press is trying to stir things up are right. They want there story and are spreading the Miller is in trouble BS. Hang in there UA athletic department. Stay the course and we will be better off for it.
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
YoDeFoe

Post by YoDeFoe »

Y'all keep replying to Russ and Hank while I'm just blowing past their posts and enjoying my day.

There's no fucking way we fire Miller, btw. Rick Pitino made it through three scandals at UL (after his original one at Hawaii). Coach Cal has had how many? Roy Williams's program has discredited the academic rigor of the entire university - but hey he just got back to back banners so they throw him a parade.

Miller is one of the best in the business. Give my man a fucking mulligan and let's move on.
YoDeFoe

Re: Frankly, My Dear, I Don't Give a Damn

Post by YoDeFoe »

Fuck merging, delete or lock. Put a bullet it this.
WildcatStunner

Post by WildcatStunner »

YoDeFoe wrote:Y'all keep replying to Russ and Hank while I'm just blowing past their posts and enjoying my day.

There's no fucking way we fire Miller, btw. Rick Pitino made it through three scandals at UL (after his original one at Hawaii). Coach Cal has had how many? Roy Williams's program has discredited the academic rigor of the entire university - but hey he just got back to back banners so they throw him a parade.

Miller is one of the best in the business. Give my man a fucking mulligan and let's move on.
This x1000
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

YoDeFoe wrote:Y'all keep replying to Russ and Hank while I'm just blowing past their posts and enjoying my day.

You the man YDF.
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

BTFD, YDF!!!
Jefe

Post by Jefe »

Jay Bilas audio: http://thebiglead.com/2017/09/28/jay-bilas-ncaa-fbi/" target="_blank
CatFanOneMil wrote:IIRC correctly it seems odd to me that there was a rumor that Ace of PGUflame had his computer confisticated by the FBI for some kind of tax evasion shit...sometime back in Feb. of last year....wouldn't it be ironic that the worst internet persona actually contributed to saving UA basketball by handing over Book from vegas hard drives? Maybe not directly, but you know..."Who's the guy in the photo, what do we know about him?"
Feb 18:
ChooChooCat wrote:Wow the rumor is he shot himself in the head. He shut down his website, facebook, instagram due to the IRS finally coming down on him, and then didn't have a way out so he decided to end it all.
Feb 22:
Merkin wrote:[Ace suddently shut down the PGU website and twitter account. Rumor has it he offed himself due to IRS (or LV mob) troubles.
97cats wrote:you seem reasonable, if they did, and there was hard evidence of that, wouldn't the FEDS have used that already?
:shock: So our current roster could be safe
97cats wrote:I think AZ is gonna get hit by the NCAA no question, but its going to be for shit they did in the past or shit Sean Miller didn't do, not for what allegedly happened that didn't even happen.
oh, crap
97cats wrote:alright, Dudes peace out till later -- my gut tells me Miller is gonna have a tough time surviving this.
if he does, he really is a Witch.
oh, shit
Frybry02 wrote:I'm curious if we poll this board what the results would be 65/35 keep Miller?
:lol: 97/3
TJATUA

Post by TJATUA »

My feeling is unless the FBI or private investigation find something substantial during this investigation that already hasn't been uncovered, Miller will likely receive a small reprimand and keep his job. Miller is a first-time offender. Pitino got fired because UL was barely getting over the hooker situation from a couple of seasons ago and had cause to get out of that albatross of a contract.
psiclist23

Post by psiclist23 »

97cats wrote:
Bosy Billups wrote:How much did Bagley get, if anything at all, because we're talking about Duke where it's a privilege to even step on campus with the great Coach K?
you think Bagley and Duval went to Duke cause they wanted to be Blue Devils???
This whole thing must include the NCAA and the high schools, too, because I can't imagine that Bagley was able to finish a whole year of High School in 2 weeks or whatever. That seemed ridiculously blatant to me from the first I heard of it. How much did that cost? And who paid for that?
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Hank of sb wrote:
prh wrote:
Hank of sb wrote:

Who wants to wait?

This is so very dumb. Truly stupid. Skipping over your posts from here on out. Not even worth a skim.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Harvey Specter

Post by Harvey Specter »

People suggesting Miller should be let go right now are misguided and foolish on every level. And we should not confuse what we think we know (and might even believe) with due process, facts, & evidence.

I don't care whether you prioritize winning, program reputation, public perception, or 'Doing the Right Thing'. Nothing has been released (let alone proven) in the public domain that suggests he is directly implicated in any wrongdoing; he has responsibility for his staff, but if every person who had someone under their watch do something wrong... NOBODY would have a job.

And you are not going to find a guy with his profile who has had a cleaner track record & reputation up to this point. Cutting a guy lose at the first whiff of serious trouble for (as far as I know) 25+ years into coaching? Who in the hell that is worth a shit (or half a brain) would EVER come to coach here.

The things to do right now are investigation, risk analysis, and damage control. To that latter point, I think Miller needs to emerge from the curtain. I suspect there are questions he will be asked (not directly related to the case at hand) which he does not want to answer. I understand that, but those are inevitable... and he cannot stay in iding forever.

Any hopes that bigger fish to fry might emerge in any near-term timeframe are insanely naive. Shit like this NEVER happens fast. EVER.
NYCat

Post by NYCat »

Jefe wrote:Jay Bilas audio: http://thebiglead.com/2017/09/28/jay-bilas-ncaa-fbi/" target="_blank

Feb 18:
ChooChooCat wrote:Wow the rumor is he shot himself in the head. He shut down his website, facebook, instagram due to the IRS finally coming down on him, and then didn't have a way out so he decided to end it all.
So did it actually happen or nah?

Probably the most mysterious meta things on this board is Katzenfreund who suddenly overnight edited close to 800 posts one by one to delete everything. (He couldn't delete them). And then never reappeared.

Wtf happened there
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

NYCat wrote:
Jefe wrote:Jay Bilas audio: http://thebiglead.com/2017/09/28/jay-bilas-ncaa-fbi/" target="_blank

Feb 18:
Someone sent me this actually around a month ago.

CatFanOneMil

Post by CatFanOneMil »

NYCat wrote:

Feb 18:
So did it actually happen or nah?

Probably the most mysterious meta things on this board is Katzenfreund who suddenly overnight edited close to 800 posts one by one to delete everything. (He couldn't delete them). And then never reappeared.

Wtf happened there
I never found any evidence that Ace offed himself, he DID off his persona...or someone did it for him, but man the money he flashed and the bling and cars and shit, there was no way he was earning that kind of coin simply playing the odds at a crap table...those Casinos don't get to be 20 stories high by giving money away, the house ALWAYS wins eventually...

I always thought it would have been the feds or mafia (only a very subtle difference in some cases) that ended his web presence...and possibly his daytime job...he supposedly ran a website for Veterinarians to connect to customers...really? You're fucking buying yachts with website money from dog groomers?

And then there WAS evidence that Book was connected to him and his parties...I was banned from PGU I wear it as a badge of honor...but he did have inside info...up until Feb. last year when shit hit the fan...

There's a timeline here...Feds might have nabbed him for fraud or tax evasion because the casinos marked him out for them...his harddrive was confiscated for evidence...

Pictures of Book were found on the hard drive or maybe worse...

Book stumbles into the FBI's cross-hairs...by June they have wiretaps on him and find him in a cross agency investigation that was going on in New York...
CatFanOneMil

Post by CatFanOneMil »

Last edited by CatFanOneMil on Fri Sep 29, 2017 11:07 am, edited 2 times in total.
NYCat

Post by NYCat »

ChooChooCat wrote: Someone sent me this actually around a month ago.

https://ton.twitter.com/1.1/ton/data/dm ... rXbprl.jpg" target="_blank

Link or image isn't showing up or is dead.

The mystery grows
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

psiclist23 wrote:
97cats wrote:
Bosy Billups wrote:How much did Bagley get, if anything at all, because we're talking about Duke where it's a privilege to even step on campus with the great Coach K?
you think Bagley and Duval went to Duke cause they wanted to be Blue Devils???
This whole thing must include the NCAA and the high schools, too, because I can't imagine that Bagley was able to finish a whole year of High School in 2 weeks or whatever. That seemed ridiculously blatant to me from the first I heard of it. How much did that cost? And who paid for that?
People were questioning whether Bagley would ever be eligible, then he not only was eligible, he was eligible a year before he was supposed to be. That's not weird at all. :roll:

I also agree with the idea that it matters that Miller has never had NCAA issues before. Louisville having Pitino named in a money negotiation a month after they went on NCAA probation...well, that's why Ricky is done. Miller is not that guy and has no prior incidents. I'm not saying this one couldn't be so bad his lack of prior record ceases to matter, but until it gets that bad, he doesn't have a past weighing on him.
TucsonClip

Post by TucsonClip »

Russ Smith wrote:
Hank of sb wrote:
TucsonClip wrote:

Second, here is the exact quote, since you like to post with less than 100% accuracy when citing quotes from the article:
Sood told an FBI witness on March 14 that "the (Arizona) coaches are interested in definitely working with us."

"As of now, the coaches haven't asked for anything," he told the witness, "but I'm sure when the time comes, they will, right?"
Russ breathes this stuff....and NCAA compliance or lack thereof, as well as scandal at other programs is a big thing for him. He would have found this place on his own. But I'd start with the other UCLA guy--what's his name?

I've known about this site for awhile but never bothered to register. In fact this site got me a nasty PM from Scheer on Scout. I had posted on BRO awhile ago that Ayton hadn't cleared yet with the NCAA Clearinghouse and then someone told me in a PM that Scheer on the UA board was asked about my post and said I had no idea what I was talking about. A few weeks later right before the UA trip, I heard Ayton still hadn't cleared, it was being discussed on Bruinzone and a Kansas Scout board(because Kansas wanted Ayton). I googled it found this site and people right here were discussing that Ayton hadn't cleared. So I posted it on BRO and got a PM from Scheer politely asking me to stop stealing premium info from his site and posting it on BRO. So yes in a matter of weeks he went from saying I was wrong saying Ayton hadn't cleared, to accusing me of stealing that info from his site, when it was being openly discussed on several free sites.

What's going on here is no different than what would be happening at BRO if it had been UCLA and Grace and not UA and Book, and it's going on at USChoops right now about BLand. Everyone is trying to convince themselves it's not that bad. The difference is everyone here is bending over backwards to think Miller is clean, and the people on BRO are in some cases hoping alford gets caught up so he loses his job.

The system is corrupt, it has been all along. when everyone is cheating it's just absurd to believe the teams doing the best at recruiting are doing it clean,something I'm sure Duke and UK fans are wondering about right now.
So you still know more than Sood did and are using a round-about way to verify yourself as legitimate?
"Plus, why would I go to the NBA? Duke players suck in the pros."

-Shane Battier
Russ Smith

Post by Russ Smith »

CalStateTempe wrote:Russ smith and hank should get a room and share their hot takes over a jar of Nutella.

And now the board has gone from defending Miller to defending Romar. The same people that over the years on the Scout board and on PGU took great delight in calling him dirty over Venoy Overton and Tony Wroten.

Or did people forget about those stories now that Romar is at Arizona?

It never ceases to amaze me the lack of perspective people have with sports, they will tolerate almost any indiscretion by a coach or player if he's really good.
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

Russ Smith wrote:
CalStateTempe wrote:Russ smith and hank should get a room and share their hot takes over a jar of Nutella.

And now the board has gone from defending Miller to defending Romar. The same people that over the years on the Scout board and on PGU took great delight in calling him dirty over Venoy Overton and Tony Wroten.

It never ceases to amaze me the lack of perspective people have with sports, they will tolerate almost any indiscretion by a coach or player if he's really good.
If you've been a fan or watched any games or bought any merchandise or posted on a message board then you tolerate that indiscretion as well. So get over it.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Russ Smith wrote:

I'm impressed you've packed so much trolling and nonsense into only 13 posts.
CatFanOneMil

Post by CatFanOneMil »

Russ Smith wrote:

If you can find one post I have made here attacking Romar I'll buy you a beer...you paint with a very broad brush stroke which is a sign of lazy mental effort, up your game or stop using such a big brush...I am defending both Miller and Romar and will continue to do so until evidence makes me stop....
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

NYCat wrote:

The mystery grows
Sorry, apparently he posted under his doctormultimedia whatever deal literally a month ago.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/dvmmultimedia" target="_blank
NYCat

Post by NYCat »

NYCat

Post by NYCat »

ChooChooCat wrote:
NYCat wrote:

The mystery grows
Sorry, apparently he posted under his doctormultimedia whatever deal literally a month ago.

I'm not sure it's the same Ace Thakore tbh
Owner
PointGuardU.com
January 2006 – Present (11 years 9 months)
Your source for Arizona Basketball and Recruiting News
Oh
Last edited by NYCat on Fri Sep 29, 2017 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
SunnyAZ

Post by SunnyAZ »

probably been posted already, click on it and read thru the thread
CatFanOneMil

Post by CatFanOneMil »

The last tweets from PGU:

"If you are paying attention to recruiting you're a F***** moron & thats that! There is no exception to the rule unless you got rich like me"

"The one thing I've learned in all this all this is only losers pay attention to recruiting. I fed you info to get rich."

"Now keep hanging on to whether Bowen becomes a cat because you know you really don't have a life or you wouldn't pay attention to someone elses"

https://twitter.com/Blaxabbath/status/8 ... 36/photo/1" target="_blank

Holy crap Ace was probably the first to flip!
CatFanOneMil

Post by CatFanOneMil »

ChooChooCat wrote:
NYCat wrote:

The mystery grows

Not sure that Ace actually is posting there, it could very well be Pras just keeping the web business open, especially if Ace is in a hole somewhere...not a big deal to keep the wheels moving on a web machine you help administrate...Pras is not Ace

Just to keep it in perspective it still shows he owns PGU as active and it has 10,001 employees...
Russ Smith

Post by Russ Smith »

TucsonClip wrote:
Russ Smith wrote:
Hank of sb wrote:
TucsonClip wrote:

So you still know more than Sood did and are using a round-about way to verify yourself as legitimate?
we're reading the same thing and interpreting it differently. You're reading it as Sood is asking if Book and Pasternack are going to eventually ask for something(money) and I'm reading it as the guy saying they will eventually ask for something. Lots of people talk that way right? THeir entire playbook involved bribing coaches it would have made no sense at all for them to NOT expect that Book and Pasternack were going to want to get some money out of this.

Yes there's nothing in there that says Pasternack took money, but that's because he got a new job. What players at UCSB were Sood and his people going to have an interest in? If you read the whole thing they clear said that they asked the question early on let's get a list together of coaches we think will be willing to work with us and steer us players. Part and parcel of that is the coaches have to have ACCESS to players they'd be interested in. If you're a coach at Arizona you have that access, if you're at UCSB you don't have that access. Honestly if I were Pasternack and the guys continued to want to pay me money to steer players after I took the UCSB job I'd have found that incredibly suspicious, the only player he has on his roster now that anybody has heard of is Mitch Kupchak's son.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

CatFanOneMil wrote: Not sure that Ace actually is posting there, it could very well be Pras just keeping the web business open, especially if Ace is in a hole somewhere...not a big deal to keep the wheels moving on a web machine you help administrate...Pras is not Ace
Pras bought Ace's house in 2016.

Before that it transferred between Ace and his mom. Probably tied to Ace's 2 felony drug dealing convictions.

http://clarkcountydata.com/property/id/mPGf6ayG8" target="_blank

04/10/2013 THAKORE AJAY N
10/01/2008 THAKORE NIRANJAN
02/13/2007 THAKORE AJAY
09/20/2006 THAKORE NIRANJAN
08/31/2004 THAKORE AJAY N

Bear Down Vegas

Post by Bear Down Vegas »

Yo Russ -

What's your goal here? I've read all of your posts. I get it. I'd be hard pressed to think anyone doesn't understand what you are so tirelessly trying to say. This isn't a debate competition. Do you need someone to take you out & buy you lunch or something?
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Now we are talking about ace and pgu, lord almighty this truely is the megs thread to end all mega threads.

Old skool posters check
Trolling check
Premium info check
Missing posters checking back in check
Discussing of rival coaches check
Metaphors check
Life lessons check
Emotionality check
Fire current head coach or keep check
Discussion on integrity in sports vs winning st all costs check

Etc etc

What did I miss?
Russ Smith

Post by Russ Smith »

CatFanOneMil wrote:
Russ Smith wrote:

If you can find one post I have made here attacking Romar I'll buy you a beer...you paint with a very broad brush stroke which is a sign of lazy mental effort, up your game or stop using such a big brush...I am defending both Miller and Romar and will continue to do so until evidence makes me stop....
I'm the lazy one? I specifically said PGU and the Scout site, neither of which is here.

I've read both of those boards in the past, I used to post on the Scout one, I've seen lots of the people here on those boards openly talking about Romars lack of ethics with respect to Overton and Wroten.
ecurbh

Post by ecurbh »

CalStateTempe wrote:Now we are talking about ace and pgu, lord almighty this truely is the megs thread to end all mega threads.

Old skool posters check
Trolling check
Premium info check
Missing posters checking back in check
Discussing of rival coaches check
Metaphors check
Life lessons check
Emotionality check
Fire current head coach or keep check
Discussion on integrity in sports vs winning st all costs check

Etc etc

What did I miss?