Bribery Scandal - FBI Probe - Book Richardson Involved

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

Bear Down Vegas

Re: Bribery Scandal - FBI Probe - Book Richardson Involved

Post by Bear Down Vegas »

Russ Smith wrote:
CatFanOneMil wrote:
Russ Smith wrote:
CalStateTempe wrote:Russ smith and hank should get a room and share their hot takes over a jar of Nutella.

And now the board has gone from defending Miller to defending Romar. The same people that over the years on the Scout board and on PGU took great delight in calling him dirty over Venoy Overton and Tony Wroten.

Or did people forget about those stories now that Romar is at Arizona?

It never ceases to amaze me the lack of perspective people have with sports, they will tolerate almost any indiscretion by a coach or player if he's really good.
If you can find one post I have made here attacking Romar I'll buy you a beer...you paint with a very broad brush stroke which is a sign of lazy mental effort, up your game or stop using such a big brush...I am defending both Miller and Romar and will continue to do so until evidence makes me stop....
I'm the lazy one? I specifically said PGU and the Scout site, neither of which is here.

I've read both of those boards in the past, I used to post on the Scout one, I've seen lots of the people here on those boards openly talking about Romars lack of ethics with respect to Overton and Wroten.
I wouldn't say you're lazy so much as bat shit crazy. Keep fighting the good fight brother!
Last edited by Bear Down Vegas on Fri Sep 29, 2017 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

SunnyAZ wrote: probably been posted already, click on it and read thru the thread
Informative. I would add the 150k was not a payment but offer, which he clears up a little. Solid discussion on the difference between Miller and Pitino and well laid out points about the lack of corroboration.

Now, hearsay is a legal rule, not one that's binding on the NCAA, but you do hope that the NCAA would seek more than just a statement.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Ah yes...well if there ever was a time, this would probably be it! :lol:
EVCat

Post by EVCat »

If Sean Miller arranged for the paying of players, or is caught on wiretap telling Book Richardson to pay a player (not "go get him"...that was his job) - We fire him

If not, and the lone staff mistake was what we know about Book stepping out of line, and out of our own shoe contract, to make some money on the side - No fucking way we fire him.

It is really that simple. This "lack of institutional control" line is bullshit as applied to this situation. This program has had ZERO issues with recruiting and the NCAA. This staff has not been in trouble for anything like this. There is, 2013 change in the NCAA rule or not, no actual, logical path to "lack of institutional control".

This is really important for people to understand: The paying of players, as it happens (and it isn't every player, but many players have handlers and hanger on types who expect payment for "delivering" a player), is a structure that does not involve the staff, happens no matter who the staff is, other than a really good staff is going to lead to more incidents of having to take care of the player, while if you suck, you aren't getting players who expect handouts. But this process, as it exists (maybe not as exact and transactional as some picture, but definitely a system), occurs WITHOUT the coach being involved. For a lot of reasons...one of which is to keep them clean. The "dirty" coaches are the ones who play in the mud, go find the system, the donors, and ask for it, and facilitate it. And those guys exist...a lot of them. They are not content to let things happen, because they want things done their way. Otherwise, you have things happening outside of the coaches control. And these are people who are loyal to the program, not the coach, and people who have a financial stake in the results. This is not a Sean Miller-led initiative. If you have a good coach, this is happening behind the scenes.

So why the hell would you fire Sean Miller, unless something actually suggests he has become a coach who plays in the mud? Out of some kind of optics, to look like you are "disgusted and upset". That would be idiotic. Especially if you had the FBI go balls deep into our program, a top program, and this is all they find. If the FBI engages with most programs that compete for Final Fours, you will find more than an assistant who was looking for his own well being and a recruit that got paid.

So, unless something gives, and we find out that Sean Miller is involved in paying players, or has instructed his coaches to seek out help in paying players (real institutional control, not one rogue employee doing their thing...and enough about his situation a few years ago...the PGU stuff is rumor and probably true but not something Miller is dealing with or maybe even knows about, and the personal issues are the kind of thing you support someone through. He had not been accused of any recruiting violations)...then, you fire him.

It is that simple. He did something worth firing? You fire him. He had an employee do something he was not instructed to do out of personal gain? You do not fire him. He paid players or facilitated the paying of players, as evidenced by...evidence? You fire him. Players he recruited were approached by people not under the control of Miller after the player's family or handlers went to the AAU team to give the message that they want money for a commitment, and those transactions occurred without Miller or staff facilitating them? You do not fire him. You ESPECIALLY do not fire him if this happens at many programs, sometimes involves coaches, Miller did not participate, and Miller was cooperative with the FBI upon first sign of issues.
Chicat

Re: Frankly, My Dear, I Don't Give a Damn

Post by Chicat »

BearDown89 wrote:
Chicat wrote:
BearDown89 wrote:
PieceOfMeat wrote:
Chicat wrote:
Also, I have no idea of any sound reasons why I shouldn't merge this thread with the main scandal one. Please someone enlighten me on both counts.

There is no sound reason not to merge it. In fact, I can merge it for you if you like: I don't mind being the "bad guy" moderator in this instance.

NM's opinion is of no greater or lesser value than any other person's on this board. Therefore, it certainly doesn't deserve an entire thread which, on its own, does nothing but stroke the ego of the thread creator and further empower the thread creator's holier-than-thou attitude.
You guys take this stuff way too seriously. Who cares if there's another thread. It lives or dies of its own accord. What difference does it make. None.
Then why not have everyone start their own thread with their thoughts at the top?

We've been working with the megathread mentality for a decade now. Usually if you're not bringing a new topic or new way of looking something to the table, you're getting merged. Other boards do it other ways. I get that. But they haven't been our way.
I get it and I appreciate it for the most part. It is certainly unique to BDW (in a good way typically). Personally, I thought PC's point in this thread was unique from the ad nauseam rampant speculation roaring through the other thread that will pass 2000 posts before lunch. Sometimes the megathreads are too much to keep up with and I don't mind seeing a fresh thought in a new thread.
But every post other than some variation of someone posting "THIS" will have a unique perspective. By other communities standards I could have started four threads just from my emotional journey the last few days. Each would have gotten two or three responses and would have lived alongside ten other threads about pretty much the same thing.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
97cats

Post by 97cats »

CalStateTempe wrote:Now we are talking about ace and pgu, lord almighty this truely is the megs thread to end all mega threads.

Old skool posters check
Trolling check
Premium info check
Missing posters checking back in check
Discussing of rival coaches check
Metaphors check
Life lessons check
Emotionality check
Fire current head coach or keep check
Discussion on integrity in sports vs winning st all costs check

Etc etc

What did I miss?
just to close the loop, the information ive posted, or for that matter any information even as close to as sensitive to what ive posted here the last two days here, has never been divulged on any website ever, premium wall or no premium wall -- and i will continue to do so in this very thread and only this very thread.

carry on...
Last edited by 97cats on Fri Sep 29, 2017 11:45 am, edited 2 times in total.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

ChooChooCat wrote:
Merkin wrote:Someone posted this on FB clever.
If we make it to the Final Four someone better make shirts with this logo. I will riot if it doesn't happen.
It's my new avatar.
TucsonClip

Post by TucsonClip »

Russ Smith wrote:we're reading the same thing and interpreting it differently. You're reading it as Sood is asking if Book and Pasternack are going to eventually ask for something(money) and I'm reading it as the guy saying they will eventually ask for something. Lots of people talk that way right? THeir entire playbook involved bribing coaches it would have made no sense at all for them to NOT expect that Book and Pasternack were going to want to get some money out of this.

Yes there's nothing in there that says Pasternack took money, but that's because he got a new job. What players at UCSB were Sood and his people going to have an interest in? If you read the whole thing they clear said that they asked the question early on let's get a list together of coaches we think will be willing to work with us and steer us players. Part and parcel of that is the coaches have to have ACCESS to players they'd be interested in. If you're a coach at Arizona you have that access, if you're at UCSB you don't have that access. Honestly if I were Pasternack and the guys continued to want to pay me money to steer players after I took the UCSB job I'd have found that incredibly suspicious, the only player he has on his roster now that anybody has heard of is Mitch Kupchak's son.
You are interpreting it as Pasternack was going to, but the only reason he didnt is because he took the UCSB job. Even so, Sood only "believes" that they will "ask" for money, and feels so confident about it, that he poses his "statement" as a question.

Thanks for the insight, prosecutor. Dont quit your day job.
"Plus, why would I go to the NBA? Duke players suck in the pros."

-Shane Battier
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

NYCat wrote:
This is why I laugh at saying Arizona hasn't publicly supported Miller like it somehow means something. There is zero chance Miller or anyone in the athletic department will be answering in any public forum until there is some idea of where the internal investigation is.

Zero chance. It would be one of the dumbest ideas in the history of dumb ideas. Arizona isn't going to say anything and neither is Miller. You'd have to have an IQ in the negatives to make public statements with an FBI investigation active, an internal investigation started and an NCAA investigation incoming.
phenom5

Post by phenom5 »

CalStateTempe wrote:Now we are talking about ace and pgu, lord almighty this truely is the megs thread to end all mega threads.

Old skool posters check
Trolling check
Premium info check
Metaphors check
Life lessons check
Emotionality check

Etc etc

What did I miss?
Sitters vs Standers
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

97cats wrote:

Old skool posters check
Trolling check
Premium info check
Metaphors check
Life lessons check
Emotionality check

Etc etc

What did I miss?
just to close the loop, the information ive posted, or for that matter any information even as close to as sensitive to what ive posted here the last two days here, has never been divulged on any website ever, premium wall or no premium wall -- and i will continue to do so in this very thread and only this very thread.

carry on...
Please do.

I don't know about the rest of y'all, but I am a junkie looking for any scrap of an information fix.
Catintheheat

Post by Catintheheat »

I hate that this happened. But it is more because I can't fully concentrate on school. This is mesmerizing and addicting reading. It's hard to turn my head away. For that alone heads should roll. :lol:

I'm in the camp that we should wait and see how the investigation proceeds before any action is taken. The thing that strikes me most is why didn't CSM let Book go, after he found out he was selling inside information to PGU. A loose cannon is not good. That could lead to repercussions down the road.

I would be a little surprised if CSM was found to be more shady than other elite coaches/programs, for I haven't noticed this behavior in the past. Instead, I tend to believe that all elite coaches do the same and it is an accepted underground practice. It would be a shame if CSM ends up being the scapegoat.
HiCat

Post by HiCat »

97cats wrote:

Old skool posters check
Trolling check
Premium info check
Metaphors check
Life lessons check
Emotionality check

Etc etc

What did I miss?

carry on...

Very cool 97.
OSUCat

Post by OSUCat »

Just checking in, Arizona still has a basketball program?
Formerly Lynx Rufus.
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

If anyone has ever wondered -- and I'm sure many have -- why UCLA receives my most fervent scorn, it's because Russ Smith is strongly representative of their fan base. They're practically jubilant this week. Eager to bury our guy and then loot the stores of recruits left behind. It's sickening. And I was surrounded by this sentiment during my years in Westwood.

Free Miller! BTFD!!
CatFanOneMil

Post by CatFanOneMil »

97cats wrote:

carry on...
I do appreciate your candid approach and basic transparency, and of course appreciate the information...

At the end of the day we are all at the whim of changing information and rumors and sometimes a tidbit of consistency helps...
gumby

Post by gumby »

Good overview of each school.

Larranaga's atty released a statement. Pearl meeting with reporters today, this says.

https://www.si.com/college-basketball/2 ... estigation" target="_blank

Auburn offering tix refunds.

http://www.montgomeryadvertiser.com/sto ... 714916001/" target="_blank
Last edited by gumby on Fri Sep 29, 2017 12:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Right where I want to be.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:
NYCat wrote:
This is why I laugh at saying Arizona hasn't publicly supported Miller like it somehow means something. There is zero chance Miller or anyone in the athletic department will be answering in any public forum until there is some idea of where the internal investigation is.

Zero chance. It would be one of the dumbest ideas in the history of dumb ideas. Arizona isn't going to say anything and neither is Miller. You'd have to have an IQ in the negatives to make public statements with an FBI investigation active, an internal investigation started and an NCAA investigation incoming.
Won't stop the media from demanding answers they so rightly deserve!
Bosy Billups

Post by Bosy Billups »

Miller is going to have to confront the media some point soon. Wonder what the delay? Man, feel really bad for him, this must be tough right before the season starts. Perhaps waiting to see what he can reveal? I'd do it today and get it over with, a pm presser right before the weekend. Then back to business next week and say no comment on the investigation going forward.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

Bosy Billups wrote:Miller is going to have to confront the media some point soon. Wonder what the delay? Man, feel really bad for him, this must be tough right before the season starts. Perhaps waiting to see what he can reveal? I'd do it today and get it over with, a pm presser right before the weekend. Then back to business next week and say no comment on the investigation going forward.
Yeah that's now how these things work...
YoDeFoe

Post by YoDeFoe »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:This is why I laugh at saying Arizona hasn't publicly supported Miller like it somehow means something. There is zero chance Miller or anyone in the athletic department will be answering in any public forum until there is some idea of where the internal investigation is.

ProfessorFate

Post by ProfessorFate »

SunnyAZ wrote: probably been posted already, click on it and read thru the thread
Thanks for this. He does an outstanding job of summarizing the current situation from a legal perspective.
2023 Football RAP Champion
2022 Mark Schlabach Memorial Bracket Champion
2017 Bear Down Wildcats Survival Pool Champion
gumby

Post by gumby »

The day before. Now issuing refunds.
HiCat

Post by HiCat »

Based on advice of counsel, I am unable to answer any questions or discuss this matter at the present time.
:D
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

gumby wrote:Good overview of each school.

Larranaga's atty released a statement. Pearl meeting with reporters today, this says.

https://www.si.com/college-basketball/2 ... estigation" target="_blank

Auburn offering tix refunds.

http://www.montgomeryadvertiser.com/sto ... 714916001/" target="_blank
Miami and Auburn are in the most hot water after Louisville. Miami has the most direct solicitation going. Bruce Pearl has his prior baggage at Auburn.

We've gotten some of the national coverage, but if you were ranking the hot water, I think we're even behind USC because they have the Mayo stuff so recently in their past. Not that this is not a massive issue for us.
Harvey Specter

Post by Harvey Specter »

EVCat wrote:If Sean Miller arranged for the paying of players, or is caught on wiretap telling Book Richardson to pay a player (not "go get him"...that was his job) - We fire him

If not, and the lone staff mistake was what we know about Book stepping out of line, and out of our own shoe contract, to make some money on the side - No fucking way we fire him.

It is really that simple. This "lack of institutional control" line is bullshit as applied to this situation. This program has had ZERO issues with recruiting and the NCAA. This staff has not been in trouble for anything like this. There is, 2013 change in the NCAA rule or not, no actual, logical path to "lack of institutional control".

This is really important for people to understand: The paying of players, as it happens (and it isn't every player, but many players have handlers and hanger on types who expect payment for "delivering" a player), is a structure that does not involve the staff, happens no matter who the staff is, other than a really good staff is going to lead to more incidents of having to take care of the player, while if you suck, you aren't getting players who expect handouts. But this process, as it exists (maybe not as exact and transactional as some picture, but definitely a system), occurs WITHOUT the coach being involved. For a lot of reasons...one of which is to keep them clean. The "dirty" coaches are the ones who play in the mud, go find the system, the donors, and ask for it, and facilitate it. And those guys exist...a lot of them. They are not content to let things happen, because they want things done their way. Otherwise, you have things happening outside of the coaches control. And these are people who are loyal to the program, not the coach, and people who have a financial stake in the results. This is not a Sean Miller-led initiative. If you have a good coach, this is happening behind the scenes.

So why the hell would you fire Sean Miller, unless something actually suggests he has become a coach who plays in the mud? Out of some kind of optics, to look like you are "disgusted and upset". That would be idiotic. Especially if you had the FBI go balls deep into our program, a top program, and this is all they find. If the FBI engages with most programs that compete for Final Fours, you will find more than an assistant who was looking for his own well being and a recruit that got paid.

So, unless something gives, and we find out that Sean Miller is involved in paying players, or has instructed his coaches to seek out help in paying players (real institutional control, not one rogue employee doing their thing...and enough about his situation a few years ago...the PGU stuff is rumor and probably true but not something Miller is dealing with or maybe even knows about, and the personal issues are the kind of thing you support someone through. He had not been accused of any recruiting violations)...then, you fire him.

It is that simple. He did something worth firing? You fire him. He had an employee do something he was not instructed to do out of personal gain? You do not fire him. He paid players or facilitated the paying of players, as evidenced by...evidence? You fire him. Players he recruited were approached by people not under the control of Miller after the player's family or handlers went to the AAU team to give the message that they want money for a commitment, and those transactions occurred without Miller or staff facilitating them? You do not fire him. You ESPECIALLY do not fire him if this happens at many programs, sometimes involves coaches, Miller did not participate, and Miller was cooperative with the FBI upon first sign of issues.
^^^ Great post on a few fronts. Fairly assesses the situation and 'connects the dots' in a straightforward way.

Thanks
Bosy Billups

Post by Bosy Billups »

Funny how Dicky V keeps tweeting about Zona, and mostly Arizona, no one else, with the same phraseology of "Sleaze".
Is he getting marching orders from Duke et al to put the pressure on? Wouldn't surprise me.

An ivy league PR instruction "use "sleaze" a lot"
NYCat

Post by NYCat »

Defended Pitino pretty frivolously, Dicky V is such a little bitch
Harvey Specter

Post by Harvey Specter »

97cats wrote:

Old skool posters check
Trolling check
Premium info check
Metaphors check
Life lessons check
Emotionality check

Etc etc

What did I miss?

carry on...
See... not everybody sharing valuable information is doing so with their hand out! ;)

Kidding aside... thank you for all of your insights & clarification. Exceptionally appreciated & helpful to maintaining a balanced & informed view.
Harvey Specter

Post by Harvey Specter »

Bosy Billups wrote:Funny how Dicky V keeps tweeting about Zona, and mostly Arizona, no one else, with the same phraseology of "Sleaze".
Is he getting marching orders from Duke et al to put the pressure on? Wouldn't surprise me.

Between the hyperbole, phony righteousness, defense of unsavory characters coupled with his unjustified condemnation of others, and constant repetitive use of the same simple phraseology... not to mention his affinity for Twitter... Dickhead Vitale reminds me of someone else.

I just can't put my finger on who? :D
Bruins01

Post by Bruins01 »

Bosy Billups' comments on this make my skin crawl, but not nearly as much as Dick Vitale's do. What an embarrassment that guy is. Whom does he think he is fooling?
History says, Don't hope
On this side of the grave,
But then, once in a lifetime
The longed-for tidal wave
Of justice can rise up
And hope and history rhyme.

Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

NYCat wrote:Defended Pitino pretty frivolously, Dicky V is such a little bitch
NYCat

Post by NYCat »

:lol:
5 MINUTES APART
Last edited by NYCat on Fri Sep 29, 2017 12:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
cats101

Post by cats101 »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Puerco

Post by Puerco »

So I was sitting on the toilet at work this afternoon, and Iwent to ESPN college basketball on my phone. Guess what? The only Arizona story was about Rawle breaking his foot. That was wedged in between 17 Pitino stories...

Sometimes East Coast Bias is a good thing.
'A parent is the one person who is supposed to make their kid think they can do anything. Says they're beautiful even when they're ugly. Thinks they're smart even when they go to Arizona State.' -- Jack Donaghy
LBdCactus

Post by LBdCactus »

Fuck that old dbag. F him in his raspy voice with a shit filled dandy's diaper.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

cats101 wrote:
Spaceman Spiff wrote:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
The Rick Pitino I know would never miss a sex party if he knew about it!
Puerco

Post by Puerco »

Bruins01 wrote:Bosy Billups' comments on this make my skin crawl, but not nearly as much as Dick Vitale's do. What an embarrassment that guy is. Whom does he think he is fooling?
Oh, for fuck's sake... I find myself ageeing with Bruins now?
'A parent is the one person who is supposed to make their kid think they can do anything. Says they're beautiful even when they're ugly. Thinks they're smart even when they go to Arizona State.' -- Jack Donaghy
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

NYCat wrote::lol:
How many of those assistants later paid for prostitutes for their players?
YoDeFoe

Post by YoDeFoe »

NYCat wrote::lol:
5 MINUTES APART
What a douche. School girl love for Pitino - the old man is star struck.
CatFanOneMil

Post by CatFanOneMil »

I truly believe that at some point for Vitale to have any credibility on a perceived media stage regarding College BB he will have to apologise...until then it is as obvious he is on the take as it is Pitino is...
Two Bits

Post by Two Bits »

Bosy Billups wrote:Funny how Dicky V keeps tweeting about Zona, and mostly Arizona, no one else, with the same phraseology of "Sleaze".

Son of a bitch. Now more than ever I want Duke implicated in all this. If nothing else, I want to see Dukie Vitale backpedal. Fcker.
gumby

Post by gumby »

He's been a prostitute for coaches from Day One. That's why I always discounted his praise. I mean, what coach hasn't he praised over the years?
CatFanOneMil

Post by CatFanOneMil »

I hope when the dust clears Hansen is under the bus as well, he's as much a dick as dick is...
catgrad97

Post by catgrad97 »

Jesus. I thought no one could ever Tweet worse than Trump. Clearly I had not been--and am not about to be--following Vitale.

I interviewed the guy in HS, when I thought he was a big deal. Now he has less credibility than Jim Basnight. Begone.

And yes, no offense to his sons, but screw Hansen as well. All this goes on under his nose and he not only NEVER has a clue, but unapologetically dogpiles on the program that keeps him nationally read AFTER other, non-local sources scoop him?

The hell with Hansen. He stopped being a journalist years ago in favor of troll status.
gumby

Post by gumby »

Here’s what coach Bruce Pearl said:
“Let me just say up front my only comments on this matter are twofold.”
Pearl goes on to say that he agrees with the statement issued by the university and that the alleged conduct is unacceptable.
Pearl says this team “has a chance to compete for the tournament,” and it’s “time to start basketball practice.”
On day-to-day operations: “Again, our focus is the players. Our focus is practice and practice plans.” Drop-back defense, rebounding, transition are areas the team has struggled with the most. Pearl has spent a lot of time there himself recently and will be heavily involved in Person’s absence.
On whether or not he will hire an assistant coach: “I’m probably not going to make any more comments on that at this time.”
All players will practice today.
“Practice starts today and our kids are excited about it. We’re good to go.”
On two players involved in the complaint: “I can’t and I won’t have any further comment.”
On his job security: “Again, I can’t and I won’t have any further comments.”
“I stand by the university statement and the conduct alleged is unacceptable.”
Auburn is in discussions about promoting someone to the assistant coach.
“I feel really confident in our players… we’re healthy. We’re going into the season completely healthy.”
“I feel as confident going into the season as any season I ever have,” says Pearl.
On whether someone from the university advised him on how to respond: “…I don’t have anymore comments.”
Pearl says he has no further comments on whether or not he’s spoken to Austin Wiley’s mother Vicki Orr or Danjel Purifoy’s mother (both are two players who are thought to be involved in the complaint).
On the violation of trust: “We try to maintain good communication with our families and recruits…”
Pearl ends the press conference saying he will answer questions regarding the start of basketball practice and will refrain from commenting on the allegations involving Chuck Person and players implicated in the complaint from the federal government.
Rinse, repeat for the others, I would imagine.

https://www.seccountry.com/auburn/recap ... ons-arrest" target="_blank
Jwsisliving

Post by Jwsisliving »

Puerco wrote:
Bruins01 wrote:Bosy Billups' comments on this make my skin crawl, but not nearly as much as Dick Vitale's do. What an embarrassment that guy is. Whom does he think he is fooling?
Oh, for fuck's sake... I find myself ageeing with Bruins now?
Most of us lurkers have come here to find out some news, not to hear that you agree with a Bruins fan.
SunnyAZ

Re: Frankly, My Dear, I Don't Give a Damn

Post by SunnyAZ »

SunnyAZ wrote:I agreed reading the title then disagreed when I read the OP.If we are paying the players we are doing god's work.
And Malcolm Gladwell opens the newest Bill Simmon's podcast saying this is the only good thing happening in college sports :lol:
phenom5

Post by phenom5 »

gumby wrote:Here’s what coach Bruce Pearl said:
“Let me just say up front my only comments on this matter are twofold.”
Pearl goes on to say that he agrees with the statement issued by the university and that the alleged conduct is unacceptable.
Pearl says this team “has a chance to compete for the tournament,” and it’s “time to start basketball practice.”
On day-to-day operations: “Again, our focus is the players. Our focus is practice and practice plans.” Drop-back defense, rebounding, transition are areas the team has struggled with the most. Pearl has spent a lot of time there himself recently and will be heavily involved in Person’s absence.
On whether or not he will hire an assistant coach: “I’m probably not going to make any more comments on that at this time.”
All players will practice today.
“Practice starts today and our kids are excited about it. We’re good to go.”
On two players involved in the complaint: “I can’t and I won’t have any further comment.”
On his job security: “Again, I can’t and I won’t have any further comments.”
“I stand by the university statement and the conduct alleged is unacceptable.”
Auburn is in discussions about promoting someone to the assistant coach.
“I feel really confident in our players… we’re healthy. We’re going into the season completely healthy.”
“I feel as confident going into the season as any season I ever have,” says Pearl.
On whether someone from the university advised him on how to respond: “…I don’t have anymore comments.”
Pearl says he has no further comments on whether or not he’s spoken to Austin Wiley’s mother Vicki Orr or Danjel Purifoy’s mother (both are two players who are thought to be involved in the complaint).
On the violation of trust: “We try to maintain good communication with our families and recruits…”
Pearl ends the press conference saying he will answer questions regarding the start of basketball practice and will refrain from commenting on the allegations involving Chuck Person and players implicated in the complaint from the federal government.
Rinse, repeat for the others, I would imagine.

https://www.seccountry.com/auburn/recap ... ons-arrest" target="_blank
Well, that is really full of a lot of info, I can see why everyone is clamoring for a statement from CSM. :roll:
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

http://www.mlive.com/spartans/index.ssf ... igati.html" target="_blank

I wanna know izzos dirty laundry.