Bribery Scandal - FBI Probe - Book Richardson Involved

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

YoDeFoe

Re: Bribery Scandal - FBI Probe - Book Richardson Involved

Post by YoDeFoe »

Shoutout to Miller for the "devastated" quote. Expresses remorse, sympathy, and surprise. Whether he knew or not, that was the perfect tone to strike.
phenom5

Post by phenom5 »

Beachcat97 wrote:I mean, going into opponents' arenas this year is going to be fun. ASU will have a field day. But whatever. Let's play some freaking basketball.
That's the best part...Miller gets to play the Us against the world card to the nth degree with a monster fucking team. Sure, other fans are going to talk some major shit, but see if we care while we are giving them a major league curb stomping.
zonagrad

Post by zonagrad »

See, no consequences for those in the media tweeting impending doom for Sean Miller. When you're that wrong, you need to go to the back of the line and sell papers on the street corner.
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

phenom5 wrote:
Beachcat97 wrote:I mean, going into opponents' arenas this year is going to be fun. ASU will have a field day. But whatever. Let's play some freaking basketball.
That's the best part...Miller gets to play the Us against the world card to the nth degree with a monster fucking team. Sure, other fans are going to talk some major shit, but see if we care while we are giving them a major league curb stomping.
The shit-talking from opposing fans is going to light a damn fire under our guys. The optics will hurt a little. I mean, all season long, this scandal is going to be a story. Imagine the Trier situation amplified considerably. It can't be good for recruiting. But hey, all we can do is win games, let the investigation play out, and hopefully sever ties with anyone hoping to exploit the program. I don't think Miller did anything remotely fireable. His main mistake could've been not keeping Book on a short enough leash. Miller just has to surround himself with people (coaches and players) who have the same integrity and respect for the sport that he does. We're gonna be okay.

Bear down!
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

wyo-cat wrote:The internal review by Steptoe and Johnson will be turned over to the NCAA, so they may have info sooner than we think.

Good to know Syndric landed on his feet!

We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

So the University and AD lined up right behind Sean Miller?

That's exactly what every true Cat fan should be happy to see.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Russ Smith

Post by Russ Smith »

rgdeuce wrote:
Russ Smith wrote:
Main Event wrote:

So he didn't know for nearly a year when the FBI tipped him off?
Are you retarded? Anything before the complaint was filed, a week ago, was not a formal allegation, it's still an investigation. It's getting to that time when you stop being a prick and mucking up the boards.
So to be clear you're saying Miller WAS tipped off by the FBI close to a year ago?

Because he very clearly said he found out about the allegations last week, and we were told on this board he was told by the FBI what Book was doing and that those 2 recruitments were dirty and that's why he backed off both kids. clearly that doesn't agree with what Sean Miller himself said today.

That was a false narrative put out there.
UAdevil

Post by UAdevil »

So how many boards are you spreading this amazing insight Russ? Here, arizonasportsfans.com, BRO? Where else? This Gospel of Russ crusade is getting tiresome.
Love the 've! Stop with the: Would of - Could of - Should of - Must of - Might of
TJATUA

Post by TJATUA »

It will make blowing them by 35 feel even better. Hope Miller pulls a Lute and points at the scoreboard.
prh

Post by prh »

UAdevil wrote:So how many boards are you spreading this amazing insight Russ? Here, arizonasportsfans.com, BRO? Where else? This Gospel of Russ crusade is getting tiresome.
It's been tossed out a couple times, but do we have a reason to not ban obvious trolls? There's a difference between being welcoming and letting scum be obnoxious, so we shouldn't feel bad about it.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

prh wrote:
UAdevil wrote:So how many boards are you spreading this amazing insight Russ? Here, arizonasportsfans.com, BRO? Where else? This Gospel of Russ crusade is getting tiresome.
It's been tossed out a couple times, but do we have a reason to not ban obvious trolls? There's a difference between being welcoming and letting scum be obnoxious, so we shouldn't feel bad about it.
You mean I don't have to subscribe to Russ's newsletter? I can get his insights just about anywhere??

BAN
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Hank of sb

Post by Hank of sb »

prh wrote:
If they make a point, why would you ban them?
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

I love that the U took the week to come up with today's united front. All statesments leave room should anything come up in discovery, but as it stands now, support for miller.

Love the heavy hitters at the Lewis law office going to bat for us against any bullshit the NCAA will throw at us. Minor sanctions at worst IMO (unless something crazy new gets discovered)

Let's go play some ball.
Last edited by CalStateTempe on Tue Oct 03, 2017 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Harvey Specter

Post by Harvey Specter »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:
Harvey Specter wrote:
CatFanOneMil wrote:Holy crap these guys don't mess around, that attorney list reads like a who's who of "We've handled the Feds before" and even better heavy hitters with street cred with the NCAA...the fact that the university is 100% behind Miller just blows that bogus tweet on friday that Miller wasn't answering and questions right out of the water...the sports reporters can suck our collective dicks.Fuck 'em, zero respect for sports media fake news now.
It was an appropriate statement from the prez... but let's not get cattied away.

"Based on the facts that we know at this time, we support Coach Miller..."

That's not an indictment, but it is not unequivocal and unconditional support, either.

And based on the facts that have been released, it does not appear necessary to assemble a dream team of attorneys. But they did... and they are contracted to represent the University's interests - which right now appear to be aligned with Sean Miller's.

Nothing unusual and all of this… But the school didn't exactly place itself on the tracks in front of the coach. Just for some balance ...
This is as positive as it was going to get a week into this.
I think that's accurate. Very Supportive but cautious and reserving final judgment. "As long as what we have been told is accurate, he will remain our guy".

That is as much as can be expected. If I only the AD exhibited the same responsible caution when extending FB coaching contracts...
CatHoops

Post by CatHoops »

I doubt Miller would drag it on only to have Book throw him under the buss.
Pac12- repeat
#1 seed
Cut the nets in Texas
Bosy Billups

Post by Bosy Billups »

:lol:
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Harvey Specter wrote:
Spaceman Spiff wrote:
Harvey Specter wrote:
CatFanOneMil wrote:Holy crap these guys don't mess around, that attorney list reads like a who's who of "We've handled the Feds before" and even better heavy hitters with street cred with the NCAA...the fact that the university is 100% behind Miller just blows that bogus tweet on friday that Miller wasn't answering and questions right out of the water...the sports reporters can suck our collective dicks.Fuck 'em, zero respect for sports media fake news now.
It was an appropriate statement from the prez... but let's not get cattied away.

"Based on the facts that we know at this time, we support Coach Miller..."

That's not an indictment, but it is not unequivocal and unconditional support, either.

And based on the facts that have been released, it does not appear necessary to assemble a dream team of attorneys. But they did... and they are contracted to represent the University's interests - which right now appear to be aligned with Sean Miller's.

Nothing unusual and all of this… But the school didn't exactly place itself on the tracks in front of the coach. Just for some balance ...
This is as positive as it was going to get a week into this.
I think that's accurate. Very Supportive but cautious and reserving final judgment. "As long as what we have been told is accurate, he will remain our guy".

That is as much as can be expected. If I only the AD exhibited the same responsible caution when extending FB coaching contracts...
The only disagreement is that I'm sure Arizona has investigated. They can't have done it in great depth or specificity, but if there was a clear ticking time bomb, this would not be out there.

We can't reasonably expect a completed investigation in this amount of time. I think it would be dangerous to hitch our wagon to anything that purports to debunk everything in a week. What this means is the results of the preliminary investigation were good for Miller and the deeper is yet to come.
dcZONAfan

Post by dcZONAfan »

Hank of sb wrote:
prh wrote:
Hey hank why don't you just shut the fuck up too?
dcZONAfan

Post by dcZONAfan »

Hank of sb wrote:
prh wrote:
Hey hank why don't you just shut the fuck up too?
dcZONAfan

Post by dcZONAfan »

That's a double post worth leaving up there
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

Chicat wrote:So the University and AD lined up right behind Sean Miller?

This. Now let's go on and win the whole fucking thing. Us against the world.
prh

Post by prh »

ChooChooCat wrote:

Seems fitting
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

prh wrote:
ChooChooCat wrote:

Seems fitting
My man.
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

I noticed that Russell (aka "Russ") is a regular contributor at multiple sites and has been foaming at the mouth over this scandal since last week. I mean, I get it. UCLA fans are desperate. They've been a consistent power only twice, briefly, since Wooden. The mid-90s and the Howland years. That's it. They're hurting. It's fine. And they're gonna finish behind AZ in the standings this year. Again. Sean Miller has been bad news for UCLA basketball, so any chance of him being gone makes Russell and his friends rejoice.

But he's not going anywhere. Miller will continue to own UCLA for years to come.

Bear down.
RiseAndFire

Post by RiseAndFire »

CatFanOneMil wrote:
RiseAndFire wrote:miller diehards, it's reaching paterno like levels and coach can't even issue a simple denial statement- the guys in total hiding . please explain the total devotion?
so what then, is it that he gets really fired up about certain things ? really want to know
What is your fucking problem?Is there a failure to communicate happening?
What part of "Cannot comment on an ongoing investigation" do you not get?

Its the FUCKING FBI moron...Miller cannot LEGALLY comment without the Universities express approval and multiple layers of lawyer approval.

Get the fuck off.

I very seldom block people but for you I will make an exception.
whoa it sounds like miller issued a public statement after all and broke the very serious fbi law strictly prohibiting "commenting on an ongoing investigation " you mentioned.

dang bro you really know your laws and fbi stuffs! were you a special agent? ##############################edited############################

his statement was about 6 days late. unacceptable! real UA fans deserve better than this underperforming cheater. paid players and STILL can't make a single FF.
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

Glad I've ignored this thread for a few days largely. Great to come back tonight and see this. I'm almost excited for the season again
PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

I'll just put a little warning here.

I don't want to see (or in this case read about) personal attacks. Trolls are here to get a rise out of you, if you want to stop them, place them on your block list and don't respond to them ever (even if someone else quotes them, bypassing your block of the troll).

Trolls, the warning goes for you too(perhaps especially so). Stop with the personal attacks. You want to be able to come here and egg-on the UofA fans and rub their faces in the dirt, then you need to mind your manners and not use personal attacks. You will be banned if you cant follow simple rules and use simple etiquette.

I now return you to your thread which I've not participated in, nor read.
It's long past time to bring this back to the court, let's do it with a small update:

Puerco

Post by Puerco »

NYCat wrote:Program & Miller likely aren't in trouble w the FBI & DOJ, which we knew. The NCAA is a different matter, which is what matters
I think if you asked Miller he would prefer to be in trouble with the NCAA to being in trouble with the FBI. Perscpective, folks!
'A parent is the one person who is supposed to make their kid think they can do anything. Says they're beautiful even when they're ugly. Thinks they're smart even when they go to Arizona State.' -- Jack Donaghy
zonagrad

Post by zonagrad »

RiseAndFire wrote:
CatFanOneMil wrote:
RiseAndFire wrote:miller diehards, it's reaching paterno like levels and coach can't even issue a simple denial statement- the guys in total hiding . please explain the total devotion?
so what then, is it that he gets really fired up about certain things ? really want to know
What is your fucking problem?Is there a failure to communicate happening?
What part of "Cannot comment on an ongoing investigation" do you not get?

Its the FUCKING FBI moron...Miller cannot LEGALLY comment without the Universities express approval and multiple layers of lawyer approval.

Get the fuck off.

I very seldom block people but for you I will make an exception.
whoa it sounds like miller issued a public statement after all and broke the very serious fbi law strictly prohibiting "commenting on an ongoing investigation " you mentioned.

dang bro you really know your laws and fbi stuffs! were you a special agent? ##############################edited############################

his statement was about 6 days late. unacceptable! real UA fans deserve better than this underperforming cheater. paid players and STILL can't make a single FF.
How does it feel to be the only person in the room where nobody respects you and isn't interested what you have to say? And yet you continue to shout louder and louder. We get it. We understand your position. You hate Miller. The evidence is clear after several years of your contrarian postings. And now you feel like you have more to back your argument. Yet the fact remains nobody is interested in your opinion.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

To those of you who see caution in the president's statement, I don't see it. That statement is packed. And it's bold, bold, bold. Any bolder than that, and it wouldn't be vetted or reflect the reality that the FBI investigation is ongoing and an internal investigation is required by any institution in Arizona's situation.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

Longhorned wrote:To those of you who see caution in the president's statement, I don't see it. That statement is packed. And it's bold, bold, bold. Any bolder than that, and it wouldn't be vetted or reflect the reality that the FBI investigation is ongoing and an internal investigation is required by any institution in Arizona's situation.
The prez literally made one mere comment to leave him a window to back out of his support if something came of light, which is smart and totally appropriate. Otherwise, yes that statement is jam packed and encouraging.

It's an united front. Win the whole fuckin thing.
Puerco

Post by Puerco »

This is all just a flash in the pan. A tempest in a teacup. The real news story should be about why Miller won't play zone.
'A parent is the one person who is supposed to make their kid think they can do anything. Says they're beautiful even when they're ugly. Thinks they're smart even when they go to Arizona State.' -- Jack Donaghy
HiCat

Post by HiCat »

Sean Miller 'devastated' by FBI probe, but receives support from UA president, Wildcats AD

By Bruce Pascoe Arizona Daily Star Oct 3, 2017 Updated 2 hrs ago

http://tucson.com/sports/arizonawildcat ... 5dc57.html" target="_blank
NYCat

Re: Huge Bribery Scandal. Book Richardson Involved

Post by NYCat »

Reposting my first post on this thread,
NYCat wrote:Well if Miller survives this we won't have to worry about him going to UNC
Losing Little, Shittu to them for Miller is a good deal
Last edited by NYCat on Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Puerco wrote:This is all just a flash in the pan. A tempest in a teacup. The real news story should be about why Miller won't play zone.
What if I told you it's deeper than that? What if I told you this entire investigation was started by Sean Miller as a false flag to cover up the real story? Think about it, this story is sweeping the college basketball landscape and completely obliterating stories about how Miller should play zone. Book is just the sacrificial lamb to cover up stories about Miller's stubborn refusal to play zone.

That's how the deep state is. Ever noticed that "deep state" has 9 letters and "pack line D" also has 9 letters? Think that's a coincidence? Hell no. You know who started the story that John Podesta was involved in #pizzagate? John Podesta. The stories talk about how John Podesta might be involved in a child sex dungeon run out of a pizza/ping pong place, but do you ever see a story on Podesta's stance on zone? You probably don't even know that John Podesta also hates zone defense and likes exclusively man to man.

Man to man has long been a founding principle of the Illuminati, hidden in plain sight. The Illuminati were based in Rome. Illuminati begins and ends with the letter I. The letter I is the Roman numeral for 1. 1 to 1. Man to man.

The sheeple think this is all just some cosmic accident, but the reality is there are forces at work here more powerful than you can comprehend. Book Richardson was sacrificed for the secret rulers of the world and their insatiable lust for man to man defense. Any hint that zone could benefit a team has to be sought out and destroyed. This entire story is a false flag to squelch any talk of zone D.
threenumberones

Post by threenumberones »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:
Puerco wrote:This is all just a flash in the pan. A tempest in a teacup. The real news story should be about why Miller won't play zone.
What if I told you it's deeper than that? What if I told you this entire investigation was started by Sean Miller as a false flag to cover up the real story? Think about it, this story is sweeping the college basketball landscape and completely obliterating stories about how Miller should play zone. Book is just the sacrificial lamb to cover up stories about Miller's stubborn refusal to play zone.

That's how the deep state is. Ever noticed that "deep state" has 9 letters and "pack line D" also has 9 letters? Think that's a coincidence? Hell no. You know who started the story that John Podesta was involved in #pizzagate? John Podesta. The stories talk about how John Podesta might be involved in a child sex dungeon run out of a pizza/ping pong place, but do you ever see a story on Podesta's stance on zone? You probably don't even know that John Podesta also hates zone defense and likes exclusively man to man.

Man to man has long been a founding principle of the Illuminati, hidden in plain sight. The Illuminati were based in Rome. Illuminati begins and ends with the letter I. The letter I is the Roman numeral for 1. 1 to 1. Man to man.

The sheeple think this is all just some cosmic accident, but the reality is there are forces at work here more powerful than you can comprehend. Book Richardson was sacrificed for the secret rulers of the world and their insatiable lust for man to man defense. Any hint that zone could benefit a team has to be sought out and destroyed. This entire story is a false flag to squelch any talk of zone D.
Illuminati? That's fucking priceless man. Well done. :lol:
threenumberones

Post by threenumberones »

https://www.cbssports.com/college-baske ... s-coach-2/

Pitino says it doesn't matter if he's Coach-2. Um, what?
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

threenumberones wrote:https://www.cbssports.com/college-baske ... s-coach-2/

Pitino says it doesn't matter if he's Coach-2. Um, what?
It's appropriate he is #2.
Beachcat97

Re: Huge Bribery Scandal. Book Richardson Involved

Post by Beachcat97 »

NYCat wrote:Reposting my first post on this thread,
NYCat wrote:Well if Miller survives this we won't have to worry about him going to UNC
Losing Little, Shittu to them for Miller is a good deal
Absolutely. Miller will bounce back. Keep in mind that we’ve now got Coach Romar out there recruiting for us. He’s as well liked as anyone coaching these days, and players seem to flock to him.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

On Twitter at least, local TV sports anchors continue to sound like conspiracy theory kooks about this. These guys should totally go for the whole UFO thing.
Statfreak77

Post by Statfreak77 »

Longhorned wrote:On Twitter at least, local TV sports anchors continue to sound like conspiracy theory kooks about this. These guys should totally go for the whole UFO thing.
The Tucson media sucks.

Surprisingly, from what I have seen, the most tolerable of them all so far through this whole situation has been Pascoe.
CatFanOneMil

Post by CatFanOneMil »

Looks like UA/Miller are going to the mats to deny this crap...

http://allsportstucson.com/2017/10/04/s ... -is-false/" target="_blank
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

CatFanOneMil wrote:Looks like UA/Miller are going to the mats to deny this crap...

I mean it's a no brainer. The kid never committed and it never got to the point where money would've even been given. This one is a lay up. Now the Quinerly stuff and if a current player on roster was paid, those are the hard ones they have to navigate through.
CatFanOneMil

Post by CatFanOneMil »

ChooChooCat wrote:
CatFanOneMil wrote:Looks like UA/Miller are going to the mats to deny this crap...

I mean it's a no brainer. The kid never committed and it never got to the point where money would've even been given. This one is a lay up. Now the Quinerly stuff and if a current player on roster was paid, those are the hard ones they have to navigate through.

Here's the money quote "An allegation in the FBI document is false..."

Its one thing to deny its another thing to tell the feds "Your allegation is false"
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

CatFanOneMil wrote:
ChooChooCat wrote:

Its one thing to deny its another thing to tell the feds "Your allegation is false"
Yeah I get it and honestly was it an allegation? They're just quoting what some dick trying to start a bidding war for his own personal benefit said. For us it's a reputation thing, for the FBI it's just a hearsay comment they're citing.
YoDeFoe

Post by YoDeFoe »

ChooChooCat wrote:
CatFanOneMil wrote:
ChooChooCat wrote:

Yeah I get it and honestly was it an allegation? They're just quoting what some dick trying to start a bidding war for his own personal benefit said. For us it's a reputation thing, for the FBI it's just a hearsay comment they're citing.
Nailed it Choo.

This defense seems entirely reasonable to me:

"The comment by Code to Gatto in reference to the $150,000 offered to an Arizona recruit was made without truth behind it, only to get Gatto to try to increase Adidas’ offer to that amount, according to the source."
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

I mean, won't the UofA have a sure-thing lawsuit on their hands if these "allegations" turn out to be baseless? This scandal has obviously caused damages to the basketball program, if not the university more generally. I would think we could sue the FBI if nothing comes of this Quinerly thing. I'm not a lawyer, though, so I'll leave it to others to speak to this.
Statfreak77

Post by Statfreak77 »

Could Arizona doing this open the door for Little committing to Arizona?

Yeah, probably not.
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

Statfreak77 wrote:Could Arizona doing this open the door for Little committing to Arizona?

Yeah, probably not.
I'm not worried about Little or Shittu. Hoping there's still a chance for Bol.

Let's get this investigation completed and start recuperating the program's rep. The recruits will come.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Arizona's lawyer'd up.

Bear down, Go CATS.