Bribery Scandal - FBI Probe - Book Richardson Involved

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

Spaceman Spiff

Re: Bribery Scandal - FBI Probe - Book Richardson Involved

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

CatFanOneMil wrote:
ChooChooCat wrote:
CatFanOneMil wrote:Looks like UA/Miller are going to the mats to deny this crap...

http://allsportstucson.com/2017/10/04/s ... -is-false/" target="_blank
I mean it's a no brainer. The kid never committed and it never got to the point where money would've even been given. This one is a lay up. Now the Quinerly stuff and if a current player on roster was paid, those are the hard ones they have to navigate through.

Here's the money quote "An allegation in the FBI document is false..."

Its one thing to deny its another thing to tell the feds "Your allegation is false"
I don't read it as telling the FBI their allegation is false. I read it as saying the allegation made by Miami that Arizona was offering Little money is false. The FBI can truthfully report what Miami said and what Miami said can be false, and the two are not mutually exclusive.
CatFanOneMil

Post by CatFanOneMil »

Here's something I've been thinking about today...I've been reading the comments of former players and there is always his element of "Sure there's shoe money been going on for years"...and I get the pessimism that ANY program in the country is free of this influence...but that is a two-edged sword hanging over the NCAA head because the true arbitrary nature of the NCAA is in the Presidents of the universities who actually pull the strings...the whole issue of the summer leagues being run by the shoe company's was a decision the general NCAA decided they wanted to run themselves and they were basically told to shut up and sit down by the heads of the schools because these guys are ALL in bed with the shoe company's...

So play this through...Nike the biggest gorilla in the room is surely operating through some very fire-walled back channels if this bidding process is true...those channels are probably NOT quiet during this whole thing...I can imagine quite a few university Prez's have gotten a call or two from a very large shoe company and at this point it is pretty much like toll-road money, the shoe company money is now part and parcel of the budget...it is a sword hanging over that Prez's head...Nike says "You wanna be in power? Go ahead sit in the drivers seat but this sword is hanging over you head"

Basically if this issue is as systemic as everybody claims then the thing we are overlooking is how powerful the shoe companies are when it comes to the NCAA itself...the shoe company pulls the strings that pull the string that the NCAA committees jump to...if its about money then this little recruit coin is pennies on the dollar compared to the real checking account and if the NCAA wants to play hard ball they might find out that they don't have the balls they thought they did...

I will be really interested to see who sits on the Iron throne once these little wars are over...

There are probably a few Prez's who have gotten a raven on the ledge with a note that says in a gentle affirming way "Get the fuck back you don't want this war, I will empty your budget and blacklist your program"...

I mean if I was the shoe company and it was my money flying the banners and uniforms and promised contracts of 10's of millions for the next ___ years...you can be damn sure I'd send a subtle message to let the University know that while I appreciate their righteous indignation the iron bank will not fund anymore wars unless they are willing to payback what they owe right now.
SunnyAZ

Post by SunnyAZ »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:
CatFanOneMil wrote:
ChooChooCat wrote:
CatFanOneMil wrote:Looks like UA/Miller are going to the mats to deny this crap...

I mean it's a no brainer. The kid never committed and it never got to the point where money would've even been given. This one is a lay up. Now the Quinerly stuff and if a current player on roster was paid, those are the hard ones they have to navigate through.

Its one thing to deny its another thing to tell the feds "Your allegation is false"
I don't read it as telling the FBI their allegation is false. I read it as saying the allegation made by Miami that Arizona was offering Little money is false. The FBI can truthfully report what Miami said and what Miami said can be false, and the two are not mutually exclusive.
The FBI didn't make an allegation against us about the 150K, otherwise it would have been in the complaints part. So you can't refute an allegation they never made.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

SunnyAZ wrote:
Spaceman Spiff wrote:
CatFanOneMil wrote:
ChooChooCat wrote:

The FBI didn't make an allegation against us about the 150K, otherwise it would have been in the complaints part. So you can't refute an allegation they never made.
The article title is that we're denying the 150k offer. That is what we are denying. The FBI conveyed what Miami said. We're saying Miami was wrong, but that it did get said and the FBI conveyed that part accurately.

That's it. It's not a shock, bc if we weren't denying that part, Miller would probably already be gone.
CatHoops

Post by CatHoops »

We now need book to say he kept the money.
CatFanOneMil

Post by CatFanOneMil »

SunnyAZ wrote: The FBI didn't make an allegation against us about the 150K, otherwise it would have been in the complaints part. So you can't refute an allegation they never made.
An allegation is not the same as a complaint, you can make an allegation which can be true or false, it does not mean it is a complaint.

Complaints are provable and in this case the FBI has evidence to arrest, allegations can be false and you are not generally arrested for "allegations" especially made by third parties on a bidding conversation...

I don't see this as the UA going after the FBI at all, what I see is the LAWYERS (who are some very BIG guns, google those guys) telling UA, to rebuff the "allegations"...

In the interest of the program and going forward the legal eagles are saying "allegations are false prove otherwise" and in this case shifting the weight or proof back where it belongs rather than letting it hang in the air over the school.
ghostwhitehorse

Post by ghostwhitehorse »

CatFanOneMil wrote:Here's something I've been thinking about today...I've been reading the comments of former players and there is always his element of "Sure there's shoe money been going on for years"...and I get the pessimism that ANY program in the country is free of this influence...but that is a two-edged sword hanging over the NCAA head because the true arbitrary nature of the NCAA is in the Presidents of the universities who actually pull the strings...the whole issue of the summer leagues being run by the shoe company's was a decision the general NCAA decided they wanted to run themselves and they were basically told to shut up and sit down by the heads of the schools because these guys are ALL in bed with the shoe company's...

So play this through...Nike the biggest gorilla in the room is surely operating through some very fire-walled back channels if this bidding process is true...those channels are probably NOT quiet during this whole thing...I can imagine quite a few university Prez's have gotten a call or two from a very large shoe company and at this point it is pretty much like toll-road money, the shoe company money is now part and parcel of the budget...it is a sword hanging over that Prez's head...Nike says "You wanna be in power? Go ahead sit in the drivers seat but this sword is hanging over you head"

Basically if this issue is as systemic as everybody claims then the thing we are overlooking is how powerful the shoe companies are when it comes to the NCAA itself...the shoe company pulls the strings that pull the string that the NCAA committees jump to...if its about money then this little recruit coin is pennies on the dollar compared to the real checking account and if the NCAA wants to play hard ball they might find out that they don't have the balls they thought they did...

I will be really interested to see who sits on the Iron throne once these little wars are over...

There are probably a few Prez's who have gotten a raven on the ledge with a note that says in a gentle affirming way "Get the fuck back you don't want this war, I will empty your budget and blacklist your program"...

I mean if I was the shoe company and it was my money flying the banners and uniforms and promised contracts of 10's of millions for the next ___ years...you can be damn sure I'd send a subtle message to let the University know that while I appreciate their righteous indignation the iron bank will not fund anymore wars unless they are willing to payback what they owe right now.
Ooo. . .more evidence generation.

signed,

Agent John Johnson, FBI

(. . .yeah since Phil and assoc. haven't been named yet prolly means that the feds don't have anything actionable. . .yet. Bet these arrests have stirred a bit of a panic though and panicky people can be clumsy or turned. . .)
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

Thanks. Anyone who interprets the president's statement as cautious should read this article.
CatFanOneMil

Post by CatFanOneMil »

ghostwhitehorse wrote:

signed,

Agent John Johnson, FBI

(. . .yeah since Phil and assoc. haven't been named yet prolly means that the feds don't have anything actionable. . .yet. Bet these arrests have stirred a bit of a panic though and panicky people can be clumsy or turned. . .)
As much as I want to dislike Phil I have to look at my reasons and it really comes down to jealousy...there I said it, I don't like the very wealthy because I am jealous.

I really don't have any other reason...I mean the evil rich usually get caught or elected but I don't like them because they are dicks to begin with...

But Bezzos and Gates and Phil and Zuckerberg and hell even that guy who owns one of the NBA teams Mark whatzhisname the reaon I hate them and want to see them suffer is because I am jealous...

And so are most people...

We WANT Phil to get caught...

But if I am honest, I am also a little jealous of the Ducks and everything he has done for them because well...I want that for the cats...its human nature to get our desires for things from those we compete with...

But at the end of the day...I doubt all this money flowing is actually filthy lucre...its probably helping as much or more as it is hurting and isn't that basically a good thing...*sigh*
HiCat

Post by HiCat »

Longhorned wrote:

Thanks. Anyone who interprets the president's statement as cautious should read this article.

Thanks LH.

I like it!
Based on the facts that we know at this time,” Robbins said in his letter, “we support coach Miller and intend to provide him with all of the tools necessary to meet our goals and expectations.”

The source, requesting to comment on the condition of anonymity, indicated to me Arizona is prepared to keep Miller as coach instead of using the guilt-by-association stance that Louisville took placing coach Rick Pitino on administration leave with the intention to terminate his job.
gumby

Post by gumby »

97cats wrote:
EVCat wrote:
And it sounds like, if 97Cats is correct from 10 pages ago, our coach might have actually been out in front of trying to deal with this. So give it time. Let's see how it plays out.
he 100% knew about this and knew this was coming and cooperated with the FBI prior to yesterday -- whether it pays dividends immediately or helps in the long run with the NCAA is still a massive unknown.
Also said the UofA was way out in front of this. So the prez, Heeke and Miller were "stunned" and "devastated" as of last March or a week ago? Statements suggest to me it was recent,. Are the lawyers investigating something the admin. already has the answers to?

Or, Miller and the UofA weren't way out front and Miller wasn't cooperating with FBI. So when the knock on the door came, he was either devastated, stunned.

Is there a third option I'm missing?
Right where I want to be.
AZ2000

Post by AZ2000 »

CatFanOneMil wrote:
SunnyAZ wrote: The FBI didn't make an allegation against us about the 150K, otherwise it would have been in the complaints part. So you can't refute an allegation they never made.
An allegation is not the same as a complaint, you can make an allegation which can be true or false, it does not mean it is a complaint.

Complaints are provable and in this case the FBI has evidence to arrest, allegations can be false and you are not generally arrested for "allegations" especially made by third parties on a bidding conversation...
All criminal or civil complaints are by definition nothing but allegations. In the criminal context, it is likely backed up by an FBI affidavit of what they think they can prove, but Complaints and affidavits are not typically admissible evidence of wrongdoing.
CatFanOneMil

Post by CatFanOneMil »

gumby wrote:
97cats wrote:
EVCat wrote:
And it sounds like, if 97Cats is correct from 10 pages ago, our coach might have actually been out in front of trying to deal with this. So give it time. Let's see how it plays out.
he 100% knew about this and knew this was coming and cooperated with the FBI prior to yesterday -- whether it pays dividends immediately or helps in the long run with the NCAA is still a massive unknown.
Also said the UofA was way out in front of this. So the prez, Heeke and Miller were "stunned" and "devastated" as of last March or a week ago? Statements suggest to me it was recent,. Are the lawyers investigating something the admin. already has the answers to?

Or, Miller and the UofA weren't way out front and Miller wasn't cooperating with FBI. So when the knock on the door came, he was either devastated, stunned.

Good points gumman...the "shocked" thing is either true or a game...I guess there might be a third rail though where they were cooperating and suddenly the FBI changed like the wind because they had to...I dunno...the speculation that Miller was waaay out in front of this seems a little far-fetched now.
gumby

Post by gumby »

CatFanOneMil wrote:
gumby wrote:
97cats wrote:
EVCat wrote:

Good points gumman...the "shocked" thing is either true or a game...I guess there might be a third rail though where they were cooperating and suddenly the FBI changed like the wind because they had to...I dunno...the speculation that Miller was waaay out in front of this seems a little far-fetched now.
Plausible. Just pretty confused at this point.
gumby

Post by gumby »

A ban on cupcakes! And easy games, too.

Ah, I can remember wayyyyy back when this was what the board was debating.
Those were the days.
gumby

Post by gumby »

Roy Williams reintroduced to Myron Piggie (best scandal name ever). Take note, En Fuego.

https://sports.yahoo.com/roy-williams-a ... 15866.html" target="_blank
In Kansas City, where 17 years ago federal prosecutors gained a guilty plea from AAU coach Myron Piggie in a scandal that involved top recruits, Nike, sports agents and a prominent University of Kansas booster, the U.S. Attorney who handled the case wonders how anyone could doubt history is repeating itself.

“No person that close to the events in 1999 could or should miss the significance of that investigation and the relevancy to today,” said Stephen L. Hill, now a partner at the Kansas City branch of the global law firm Dentons.

“Our April of 2000 indictment outlining the conspiracy laid out everything in detail and was closely covered by local and national media,” Hill told Yahoo Sports. “Mr. Piggie’s May of 2000 guilty plea was also well covered and documented the scheme. I can’t imagine any coach not following those events closely.”

Or, as Piggie put it on Tuesday when he heard of Williams’ quotes:

“Well, that’s [expletive],” Piggie told Yahoo Sports. “I mean, come on. Come on. You know Roy knew. He was in the mix. He knew what was going on. Roy’s got amnesia.”
CatFanOneMil

Post by CatFanOneMil »

Why do I feel the sudden urge to quote animal farm here? (In Roy Williams voice none-the-less)
Last edited by CatFanOneMil on Wed Oct 04, 2017 1:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pop McKale

Post by Pop McKale »

ghostwhitehorse wrote:
CatFanOneMil wrote:Here's something I've been thinking about today...I've been reading the comments of former players and there is always his element of "Sure there's shoe money been going on for years"...and I get the pessimism that ANY program in the country is free of this influence...but that is a two-edged sword hanging over the NCAA head because the true arbitrary nature of the NCAA is in the Presidents of the universities who actually pull the strings...the whole issue of the summer leagues being run by the shoe company's was a decision the general NCAA decided they wanted to run themselves and they were basically told to shut up and sit down by the heads of the schools because these guys are ALL in bed with the shoe company's...

signed,

Agent John Johnson, FBI

"You ask for miracles, Theo, I give you the F...B...I..."
gumby

Post by gumby »

CatFanOneMil wrote:Why do I feel the sudden urge to quote animal farm here? (In Roy Williams voice none-the-less)
Or "Lord of the Flies":

"Roy wept for the end of innocence, the darkness of man's heart, and the fall through the air of the true, wise friend called Piggie."
CatFanOneMil

Post by CatFanOneMil »

gumby wrote:
CatFanOneMil wrote:Why do I feel the sudden urge to quote animal farm here? (In Roy Williams voice none-the-less)
Or "Lord of the Flies":

"Roy wept for the end of innocence, the darkness of man's heart, and the fall through the air of the true, wise friend called Piggie."
Ah yes, LOTF...I was thinking more "Shut up Piggie"
Harvey Specter

Post by Harvey Specter »

CatFanOneMil wrote:
gumby wrote:
97cats wrote:
EVCat wrote:

The opening line from Miller's statement "I was devastated to learn last week of the allegations made against Emanuel Richardson."

I love Miller... but when it comes to determining who is telling the truth, think about who does not have an incentive to lie.

Unless he has inexplicably morphed into ChiefZona, I am quite sure 97Cats is not trying to have the legend of his online anonymous handle grow. And he did not seem that phased (to me) when this news came out (as if he had wind of it for a while). The veracity of the information he has provided this board has been validated time & time again. No reason to doubt him.

So... I'd like to believe Miller's entire statement is accurate. But on this issue, at least the portion pasted above, I'm from Missouri.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

gumby wrote:
97cats wrote:
EVCat wrote:

Sure. A third option, which clearly I can't verify, is that cooperation and the subsequent confirmation of suspicion are two separate things. Let's say items from my spoon collection start disappearing from and I start finding unlocked, open windows as signs of entry, but I swear to the police that I locked those. The police ask if anyone has a key to my house, and yeah, my nephew has a key. The police ask me to put set up a hidden camera, and my suspicions kick in and I agree. In spite of suspicion and cooperation, I bet I'd be devastated to see confirmation by way of that video recording of my nephew walking in, remove my Reno spoon from 1981, and then go open a window to feign a break-in.
Harvey Specter

Post by Harvey Specter »

Longhorned wrote:
gumby wrote:
97cats wrote:
EVCat wrote:

Sure. A third option, which clearly I can't verify, is that cooperation and the subsequent confirmation of suspicion are two separate things. Let's say items from my spoon collection start disappearing from and I start finding unlocked, open windows as signs of entry, but I swear to the police that I locked those. The police ask if anyone has a key to my house, and yeah, my nephew has a key. The police ask me to put set up a hidden camera, and my suspicions kick in and I agree. In spite of suspicion and cooperation, I bet I'd be devastated to see confirmation by way of that video recording of my nephew walking in, remove my Reno spoon from 1981, and then go open a window to feign a break-in.
Fair point... but then he was shocked to learn of the indictment. The allegations were old.

As for your spoon, I am very sorry to hear - but I think Professor Plum had something to do with it. As such, I would make sure none of your candlesticks are missing. As I recall, that is his murder weapon of choice.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Longhorned wrote:
gumby wrote:
97cats wrote:
EVCat wrote:

Wait, was Book trying to spoon Quinerly? This just gets worse if that's where you're going with this.
wyo-cat

Post by wyo-cat »

Pop McKale wrote:
"You ask for miracles, Theo, I give you the F...B...I..."
Hans: Just like clockwork...

Theo: Or a time lock!

I could talk men's fashion and Die Hard quotes all day, but I'm afraid this thread must intrude.
HiCat

Post by HiCat »

Postmaster

Post by Postmaster »

Maybe Pasternak told Miller that they were approached in Vegas.
So miller knows that Book might be trying to steer players to these financial guys.

But miller didn't know that the FBI was watching.

Just a theory
NYCat

Post by NYCat »

Postmaster wrote:Maybe Pasternak told Miller that they were approached in Vegas.
So miller knows that Book might be trying to steer players to these financial guys.

Just a theory
This is what I thought originally
Russ Smith

Post by Russ Smith »

Postmaster wrote:Maybe Pasternak told Miller that they were approached in Vegas.

Just a theory
And then Miller used that information, gleaned in Feb of 2017, and used it to intentionally back off the recruitments of Walker and Bowen, which in the case of Walker happened in Nov of 2016 3-4 months before Pasternack allegedly told Miller.

So to clear things up it's not the FBI who has a time machine, it's Sean Miller.
gumby

Post by gumby »

NYCat wrote:

Just a theory
This would suck for institutional control purposes.
Last edited by gumby on Wed Oct 04, 2017 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
EVCat

Post by EVCat »

The question is...can we create a level of loyalty and "Us Against the World" mentality among the players to go full UNLV/Tark and come back for the 2018-19 season to make sure Coach Miller isn't hurt by the lost recruiting?

That 1990-91 team, almost to a player, passed up early entry to come back for Tark and his last ride. As much as I hated them, I admired their loyalty to that man.

As for the rest of this...Jesus Christ...parsing a throwaway comment like "was devastated to learn" like his statement is going to say:

"...was devastated to realize the full allegations of that which I had known was an investigation since XX/XX/XXXX when I began cooperating with the FBI. At that time, I began to sense the level of illegality and NCAA rule violation by Book, though I was still not privy to all transcripts or really any of the evidence since, despite my cooperation, I was still the head coach of a program they were investigating and a long time friend and associate of Mr. Richardson. I did begin to cooperate with FBI agents, but only once, during a meeting on XX/XX/XXXX, did I glean knowledge of the depth of the potential investigation when FBI Special Agent Johnson left the room after spilling coffee on his new pants, and left me in a room without surveillance. I was cautious in my actions, but I did see a folder on the edge of the desk, also covered in spilled coffee. While feigning a standard clean-up motion, I managed to thumb through the first few pages of the document and could see that Book was involved in some type of activity with one of the principals of the investigation, but the coffee had soaked through the page, leaving the name and some of the details redacted by bad Sanka. It began to dawn on me that I was not only participating in facilitating an investigation of improper activity by shoe companies through their monopoly over AAU basketball, and in particular, and always quizzically as a Nike endorsed coach, into Adidas operations, but that Book may be somehow implicated. I quickly returned the folder to the corner of the desk, obsessing over its placement so as to not tip Special Agent Johnson off that I had peeked, which became immaterial when he bumped the portion of the folder that hung over the edge of the desk with his firearm holster, causing the folder contents to spill on the ground. He panicked and yelled "DON'TLOOKDON'TLOOKDON'TLOOK" while throwing himself on top of the exposed pages. I claimed to have seen some of the information I had uncovered when surreptitiously reviewing the folder during the folder-from-desk displacement, and used that modicum of knowledge to question Special Agent Johnson as to Book's involvement and depth of the investigation. He grimaced and said "you know there is something...there is something. But it isn't as bad as you can imagine, and isn't as good as you might hope. I can't give you more, even if you saw it. Any indication you learned the details of an undercover sting operation, even if due to the spilled coffee file being knocked to the floor, could be against Federal Law and I would just, as someone who has respect for you, suggest you leave it where I have left it, and just be careful around Book." I immediately changed my Netflix and Dish Network passwords from Special Agent Johnson's office by way of my cell phone, as I had previously allowed Book to watch movies and PAC 12 Net games streaming through my university-paid account, and I became fearful the FBI might discover the deception. Learning of the actual full charges against Book this last week left me devastated."
RiseAndFire

Post by RiseAndFire »

clearly Miller had temporary amnesia, forgot about being an undercover agent to nab book, and that's why he was surprised and devastated in his statement

BOOM amnesia theory!
gumby

Post by gumby »

I feel like people are making light of Longhorned's missing spoon without considering the lengths he went to for that collection. This is a lifelong passion we're talking about!
NYCat

Post by NYCat »

gumby wrote:
NYCat wrote:

Just a theory
Why I said originally. The timeline doesn't line up. Although Miller & Co should've reported that.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

gumby wrote:
NYCat wrote:

Just a theory
It says "would face suspension." For NCAA purposes, that actually isn't bad. That's why Pitino got a dinky six game ban for the prostitution scandal if I remember correctly.
Hank of sb

Post by Hank of sb »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:
gumby wrote:
NYCat wrote:

Just a theory
It says "would face suspension." For NCAA purposes, that actually isn't bad. That's why Pitino got a dinky six game ban for the prostitution scandal if I remember correctly.
"Would face suspension for Level III."

What level is bribery?
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

gumby wrote:I feel like people are making light of Longhorned's missing spoon without considering the lengths he went to for that collection. This is a lifelong passion we're talking about!
My Seattle spoon was in the shape of the Space Needle. Gone.
zonagrad

Post by zonagrad »

Longhorned wrote:
gumby wrote:I feel like people are making light of Longhorned's missing spoon without considering the lengths he went to for that collection. This is a lifelong passion we're talking about!
My Seattle spoon was in the shape of the Space Needle. Gone.
Are we sure the spoon was stolen? I mean, the nursery rhyme tells us the dish and spoon skipped town together.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Geez that rule again? Everyone by now should know about the 2013 rule it's been discussed so many times.
LBdCactus

Post by LBdCactus »

University isn't the only one circling the wagons. Solomon Hill, NJ, BAsh, No Easy Buckets, Mark Lyons, Hazzard, DWill showing support for Book on Twitter.
Harvey Specter

Post by Harvey Specter »

LBdCactus wrote:University isn't the only one circling the wagons. Solomon Hill, NJ, BAsh, No Easy Buckets, Mark Lyons, Hazzard, DWill showing support for Book on Twitter.
Any tweets from former players expressing support for Miller?

He is not in the same situation, I understand, but just curious...
LBdCactus

Post by LBdCactus »

Not that I saw, but I didn't search for players, was reading about Sean Miller on Twitter and saw a link to Lyons who then was linked to the other guys I mentioned. I imagine any current players have been told to keep their yaps shut.
gumby

Post by gumby »

LBdCactus wrote:University isn't the only one circling the wagons. Solomon Hill, NJ, BAsh, No Easy Buckets, Mark Lyons, Hazzard, DWill showing support for Book on Twitter.
If loving Book is wrong, they want to be right.

The UofA, on the other hand ...
Jefe

Post by Jefe »

Nick meant literally anything...

Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

I'd add that if you aren't a chemist, then you simply don't know.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

I think we forget about where some casual fans are at.

I had someone tell me yesterday that Miller was definitely dirtier than other coaches because he recruits only guys from the East Coast and get them all the way out to Tucson. I saw another message board post about a center from New York City that committed here without ever visitng Tucson.

We have relatively educated fans on here and a lot of the people here were taken aback by the FBI picture. The average fan who is speaking to Nick Johnson, yeah, I see why he thinks they don't know jack. Even compared to more educated fans here, the average knowledge of facts or the workings of CBB is not high.
gumby

Post by gumby »

Jefe wrote:Nick meant literally anything...

Please proceed ...
gumby

Post by gumby »

Longhorned wrote:I'd add that if you aren't a chemist, then you simply don't know.
I've never been a chef. Keeping my mouth shut about the Big Mac.
Harvey Specter

Post by Harvey Specter »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:I think we forget about where some casual fans are at.

I had someone tell me yesterday that Miller was definitely dirtier than other coaches because he recruits only guys from the East Coast and get them all the way out to Tucson. I saw another message board post about a center from New York City that committed here without ever visitng Tucson.

We have relatively educated fans on here and a lot of the people here were taken aback by the FBI picture. The average fan who is speaking to Nick Johnson, yeah, I see why he thinks they don't know jack. Even compared to more educated fans here, the average knowledge of facts or the workings of CBB is not high.
Given the views of most fans on this board regarding Book... I think NJ would be just as likely to tell us, when it comes to that particular matter, that people on this board don't know shit either.
gumby

Post by gumby »

But he'd respect us.