This season sucks

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

Bosy Billups

This season sucks

Post by Bosy Billups »

From CSM deleting his twitter to FBI to recruiting to what could have been...

Why?
Main Event

Re: This season sucks

Post by Main Event »

Stop following then
Bosy Billups

Post by Bosy Billups »

prh

Post by prh »

If you're going to create a bad hot take topic, at least use the twitter embed feature.
Bosy Billups

Post by Bosy Billups »

prh wrote:If you're going to create a bad hot take topic, at least use the twitter embed feature.
After CSM deleted his twitter, what's the point?

PS - reasonably confident this is our bottom and we crush for 2+ months without a loss.
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

1) What nuggets of info besides birthdays were you getting from Miller's Twitter?

2) those tweets linked were hilarious and in a way I hope this does let off some of the pressure from UNC. Funny how some people who don't follow UA see the same things.

3) no exposure this season until Texas A&M now but hopefully we get Purdue

4) that is a major coaching and recruiting issue if the team and just turn on the help, perimeter and interior defense and didn't do it vs nc state

5) I think the defense gets there eventually but this team ain't ready yet and why is it taking so long this year to gel defensively?
2018 Bear Down Wildcats Conference Championship Challenge Champion
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Bosy Billups wrote:
prh wrote:If you're going to create a bad hot take topic, at least use the twitter embed feature.
After CSM deleted his twitter, what's the point?

PS - reasonably confident this is our bottom and we crush for 2+ months without a loss.
Or.....................
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

Unacceptable
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Gonna be a very long plane ride back to Tucson being #2 and now possibly not even ranked.
PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

Think of this season like many of our halves under Miller.

Slow starting.

It'll pick up, we'll win quite a few games by the end of the season.
It's long past time to bring this back to the court, let's do it with a small update:

Harvey Specter

Post by Harvey Specter »

PHXCATS wrote:Unacceptable
Thanks, Captain Obvious. It is unacceptable, actually. Still, STFU.

Miller has earned enough capital that he deserves quite a bit of leniency at the current moment. And you, of all people, should understand that. If one division championship and a shellacking in the title game deserves lifelong support and loyalty, then what does Miller's record up until this point deserve?

Maybe he should go winless this season, And then we can proclaimed that if he demonstrates improvement next year at 9-9 with an NIT bid - he will deserve an extension and raise.

There is only one thing I can think of to rationalize your blind love and support for RR and your disdain for Miller, and it has NOTHING to do with their effectiveness in their respective roles, because they do not compare.

There is NO way that anyone can convince me that the off-the-court turmoil does not have something to do with our current struggles. Whether or not Miller has any complicity in those issues is TBD...

I am extremely disappointed and concerned. We' ll see where this all leads.
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

Again I have said many times I wanted RR gone last year and demanded improvement this year to keep his job.

Only thing I "disdain" about Miller is his/teams performance this season
zonagrad

Post by zonagrad »

PHXCATS wrote:Again I have said many times I wanted RR gone last year and demanded improvement this year to keep his job.

Which can be explained by having a key returning player out injured and the revelation that a few highly regarded freshmen aren't ready to carry a heavy load. Yet.

The ceiling is still extremely high for this club provided they stay healthy and the locker room doesn't fracture. The off court FBI, Book Richardson stuff is the unknown variable.
az91

Post by az91 »

This season does suck.
Bangkok Wildcat

Post by Bangkok Wildcat »

az91 wrote:This season does suck.
Agreed...HUGE disappointment so far even without the shit storm of the Book scandal. So when was the last time we had such a disappointing early season like this under CSM? Only 5 games into the year and we beat 3 cupcakes and lost to 2 mediocre teams. I’m beyond shocked as we are so loaded with talent and underperforming & embarrassing ourselves on the national stage so early.

I still think good things will happen by the end of this year but we are NOT ‘Arizona Good’ at this point. WTF is wrong with this team? Is there some sort of Bahamas Voodoo curse working against us? I’m stunned at this point.
Puerco

Post by Puerco »

zonagrad wrote:
PHXCATS wrote:Again I have said many times I wanted RR gone last year and demanded improvement this year to keep his job.

Which can be explained by having a key returning player out injured and the revelation that a few highly regarded freshmen aren't ready to carry a heavy load. Yet.

The ceiling is still extremely high for this club provided they stay healthy and the locker room doesn't fracture. The off court FBI, Book Richardson stuff is the unknown variable.
No, having Rawle out and freshmen being freshmen does not excuse these two losses. However, they are two losses in a 30-40 game season, so there's not a whole hell of a lot that needs excusing in the first place.
'A parent is the one person who is supposed to make their kid think they can do anything. Says they're beautiful even when they're ugly. Thinks they're smart even when they go to Arizona State.' -- Jack Donaghy
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

Well I'm convinced now, Hank and dmj you guys were right, let's bring on the sanctions.

Good lord...
Bangkok Wildcat

Post by Bangkok Wildcat »

I don’t recall ever being embarrassed of our play / team before. We went from #1 Contender to Bubble Team in a matter of 3 days.

Seriously, if CSM doesn’t do something drastic to turn this dumpster fire around, I’m going to be pissed.....and I don’t want to hear ‘Well, we learned from the loss crap....’. I bought that after the first one but getting beat last night by SM who? And embarrassed / punked by Purdue is disgusting.

I’m ashamed of this team right now. I can’t / don’t want to guess how it could get worse. Screw this crap....these guys need a serious butt-kicking, reality check.....We are NOT Arizona good right now.
dmjcat

Post by dmjcat »

ChooChooCat wrote:Well I'm convinced now, Hank and dmj you guys were right, let's bring on the sanctions.

Good lord...
Don't start agreeing with me Choo.......you are undermining my confidence :lol:

Sanctions ONLY if our own internal investigation shows we are guilty. Delaying the penalties hurts more in the long run.
PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

has any team ever gone from #2 to unranked in 1 week?
It's long past time to bring this back to the court, let's do it with a small update:

Bruins01

Post by Bruins01 »

PieceOfMeat wrote:has any team ever gone from #2 to unranked in 1 week?
Nope. I think Kentucky fell out from tenth or fifteenth a few years ago, the year they weren't very good and lost in the NIT.
History says, Don't hope
On this side of the grave,
But then, once in a lifetime
The longed-for tidal wave
Of justice can rise up
And hope and history rhyme.

Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth.
AZCatGirl

Post by AZCatGirl »

“The reality is that the hardest games to win are over teams on their home court. Teams that don’t play those games can spin it however they want, but what they’re saying is, ‘We don’t want to lose in our non conference season.’" - Sean Miller
CatMG

Post by CatMG »

Bangkok Wildcat wrote:I don’t recall ever being embarrassed of our play / team before. We went from #1 Contender to Bubble Team in a matter of 3 days.

Seriously, if CSM doesn’t do something drastic to turn this dumpster fire around, I’m going to be pissed.....and I don’t want to hear ‘Well, we learned from the loss crap....’. I bought that after the first one but getting beat last night by SM who? And embarrassed / punked by Purdue is disgusting.

I’m ashamed of this team right now. I can’t / don’t want to guess how it could get worse. Screw this crap....these guys need a serious butt-kicking, reality check.....We are NOT Arizona good right now.
I would say this team would have to improve tremendously to become a bubble team.
Bruins01

Post by Bruins01 »

AZCatGirl wrote:
I actually don't think this is true, but I have no idea how to verify it.
History says, Don't hope
Of justice can rise up

TatetheGreat

Post by TatetheGreat »

Bruins01 wrote:
AZCatGirl wrote:
I actually don't think this is true, but I have no idea how to verify it.
This was the year after they won it all in '85-'86. Preseason #2 and never ranked again. https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/sc ... edule.html" target="_blank
Bruins01

Post by Bruins01 »

Ah. I wasn't counting preseason polls.
History says, Don't hope
Of justice can rise up

TatetheGreat

Post by TatetheGreat »

Front page, ESPN: http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basket ... place-game" target="_blank
"I wouldn't have predicted we would come down here and finish 0-3," Arizona coach Sean Miller said. "That wasn't the goal. But nothing's ever as bad as it seems. And certainly we probably weren't nearly as good as everybody thought we were before we traveled down here."

Friday's 25-point loss was the biggest of the three defeats, and the biggest since last season's 27-point loss at Oregon. It also marks the first time in school history the Wildcats have lost three straight before the month of December, according to ESPN Stats & Info.

The Wildcats didn't allow more than 85 points in a game last season but have now given up 90 points and 89 points in a three-day span.
TatetheGreat

Post by TatetheGreat »

Naturally, lots of gloating from other fan bases in the comments section.

This Oregon fan doesn't even give Miller credit for recruiting:
Raymond Law How is this possible when Arizona has the best team in the nation and best coach. Wrong!! Arizona recruits itself and Miller just has to keep the bus on the road. Imagine what Altman could do with this talent.
PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

AZCatGirl wrote:
well at least we won't be the first then :lol:

thanks for the info