AdjD tracker

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

DrWildcat

Re: AdjD tracker

Post by DrWildcat »

TucsonClip wrote:I really dont think Rawle is a good defender, and he hasnt improved much on that end from his freshman year. Although, trying to decide on who our best perimeter defender would be is basically like closing your eyes and pointing at someone.
I agree completely. I'm not sure where the notion that he was a good defender came from. Sure we are better with him in but I think that says more about his replacement.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

Correct me if I’m wrong, but our best perimeter defender is clear: Aykot.
TucsonClip

Post by TucsonClip »

Longhorned wrote:Correct me if I’m wrong, but our best perimeter defender is clear: Aykot.
Id agree. I just dont know how many minutes you can play him in that role. Id like to see more, but am fine with Miller proceeding with caution. I think he can potentially provide a massive boost in March because of his defense. Too bad about his tendinitis, because his development stalled as a result.
"Plus, why would I go to the NBA? Duke players suck in the pros."

-Shane Battier
YoDeFoe

Post by YoDeFoe »

All of the advanced stats show Rawle to be our best perimeter defender. I’m upset with him often but that’s because I expect more out of him than PJC, Trier, Smith or Randolph. Akot is coming along - he certainly has the physics tools.

Def Box +/-

Pinder: 4.1
Ayton: 3.6
Lee: 3.4
Rawle: 2.4
Akot: 1.4
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Longhorned wrote:Correct me if I’m wrong, but our best perimeter defender is clear: Aykot.
I don't think you can be our best perimeter defender in 8 mpg.

I think Rawle is our best perimeter defender, but it is largely by process of elimination. Parker is too small to do it. Trier and Smith aren't. Randolph is learning, but makes a lot of mistakes and has limited sample size too.

Rawle has the best physical potential. I'd like his execution a lot cleaner, but just the strong frame and wingspan put him above a lot of the competition.
NYCat

Post by NYCat »

DrWildcat wrote:
TucsonClip wrote:I really dont think Rawle is a good defender, and he hasnt improved much on that end from his freshman year. Although, trying to decide on who our best perimeter defender would be is basically like closing your eyes and pointing at someone.
I agree completely. I'm not sure where the notion that he was a good defender came from. Sure we are better with him in but I think that says more about his replacement.
Rawle is a serviceable on ball defender, but off ball he's just as bad as Trier.
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

I know this team is not up to par with the Miller teams of the past in terms of defense. But I think the offense is good enough where if just the mental errors are fixed or greatly reduced there is no cause for concern.

It is so frustrating to watch Trier on defense. He falls asleep so many times leading to many many many layups and open shots. PJC does similar things just not as often. Fix those and the team will be fine I feel.
2018 Bear Down Wildcats Conference Championship Challenge Champion
CatFanOneMil

Post by CatFanOneMil »

I'm not so sure PHXCATS...the two guys you mentioned last are two of our most seasoned players...when you have that kind of mental lapse after playing as long as these guys have it's not mental memory its muscle memory...

I think if Millers smart he focuses on offense and hopes we don't meet up with Bennett or Wright or Zone...
RiseAndFire

Post by RiseAndFire »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:
Zone D also has principles to execute. It isn't some magic formula that means players don't have to recognize concepts and perform team D principles. If anything, it probably places a higher premium on recognition and execution of team D.

The guys R+F says should supplant Dusan are drawing limited minutes because they don't excel at executing team D principles. Dusan has limited mobility but understands his responsibilities. Lee, Pinder and Akot are obviously more mobile. They don't play more because they don't execute well enough to make that mobility pay off.

So, we'll take three guys who struggle to execute team fundamentals in man, put them in zone and expect they will execute team fundamentals in zone better because...?
hoo boy you really got me good - that twin tower approach sure worked again against ucla! failed to outscore another opponent in the paint (34-34) with #1 pick Ayton again because Ayton spends 90% of every defensive sequence on the perimeter following his man around in pack line like an idiot as he watches helplessly another layup. You and Miller just a couple of Phil Jackson greg Popoviches with all the innovation!

oh i know, it's the miller cult favorite line: poor effort / players didn't execute / players fault!
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Did you notice we played some zone?
Did you see how much time Pinder got while Dusan sat?

And were you too busy wetting yourself with excitement to see how it made not one bit of difference?
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

RiseAndFire wrote:
Spaceman Spiff wrote:
Zone D also has principles to execute. It isn't some magic formula that means players don't have to recognize concepts and perform team D principles. If anything, it probably places a higher premium on recognition and execution of team D.

The guys R+F says should supplant Dusan are drawing limited minutes because they don't excel at executing team D principles. Dusan has limited mobility but understands his responsibilities. Lee, Pinder and Akot are obviously more mobile. They don't play more because they don't execute well enough to make that mobility pay off.

So, we'll take three guys who struggle to execute team fundamentals in man, put them in zone and expect they will execute team fundamentals in zone better because...?
hoo boy you really got me good - that twin tower approach sure worked again against ucla! failed to outscore another opponent in the paint (34-34) with #1 pick Ayton again because Ayton spends 90% of every defensive sequence on the perimeter following his man around in pack line like an idiot as he watches helplessly another layup. You and Miller just a couple of Phil Jackson greg Popoviches with all the innovation!

oh i know, it's the miller cult favorite line: poor effort / players didn't execute / players fault!
Look at Chicat's post.

Then, you're wrong that people say that execution issues fall solely on players. Coaches bear responsibility in that as well. That doesn't affect the base idea that every D has principles that need to be executed well. We aren't executing them well in packline, but you think that we'll start executing them well in zone. Whether it falls on players or coaches, it's delusional to think we're going to execute zone principles when we fudge up packline execution.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Three alarm fire.
U.P. Zona Fan

Post by U.P. Zona Fan »

:oops: Asu is 105
Arizona State might have the most surprisingly anemic history in men's basketball of any program that you might think is better than it is.
-Norlander.
DrWildcat

Post by DrWildcat »

Pretty horrible and I don't see us significantly improving before March. We will need 6 straight games of great offense to have a chance but at this point it seems unlikely. However, I will still stay up late to watch and hold out hope that this team gets it together.
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

These guys aren't going to figure it out in a month. Our Adj D was in the 60s when we were hopeful things would turn around, and that wasn't that long ago. A deep run is going to require favorable matchups, quite a bit of luck and our guys getting hot at just the right time.
cats101

Post by cats101 »

U.P. Zona Fan wrote::oops: Asu is 105
Never thought I'd say it, but we probably lose in Tempe (puke). Didn't think that a month ago.
RiseAndFire

Post by RiseAndFire »

Chicat wrote:Did you notice we played some zone?

And were you too busy wetting yourself with excitement to see how it made not one bit of difference?
Ill get excited when CSM either "grows" out of his mid major mentality or is replaced by someone that doesn't play Bennett Ball.

Yes, I did see we played zone. And how much time do you think Miller put into practicing that? It looked like probably little to none. And By that point the team had already checked out knowing the offense scheme is completely ineffective against UCLAs zone and we don't adjust anything - so why bother?

Did you see the game start with about 6 ucla layups in a row - and did you notice Ayton in the paint on any of those? did you see how scrub GG goes off on a career high on guess who?

If you just have to have Dus on the floor in every matchup (not recommended) then put him and Ayton in a 3-2 FFS, even if they have to step out on 3s occasionally at least ONE of the bigs will always be somewhere near the paint, instead of them both drawn to the permieter constantly in pack line.
Spaceman Spiff wrote: you're wrong that people say that execution issues fall solely on players. Coaches bear responsibility in that as well. That doesn't affect the base idea that every D has principles that need to be executed well. We aren't executing them well in packline, but you think that we'll start executing them well in zone. Whether it falls on players or coaches, it's delusional to think we're going to execute zone principles when we fudge up packline execution.
in other words, the players are too dumb to handle another defensive concept - got it. Let me tell you, Dusan could recite the holy pack line scripture books backwards and forwards but no amount of understanding is going to make him quick enough to be defending at the perimeter 90% of the game.
WildcatStunner

Post by WildcatStunner »

Please don’t feed the trolls.
NYCat

Post by NYCat »

Kenpom 20(or 10)/20 rule is probably unattainable. But the metric is for the final rankings so just for the sake of argument.

For offense (before the tournament), top 20 in Kenpom adjusted offense determines National champion contenders. Top 80 in adjusted offense determines Final Four contenders.

For defense (before the tournament), top 40 in adjusted defense determine national champions contenders, top 60 in adjusted defense determines Final Four contenders.

Of course the only teams that usually breaks these rules is UConn. You usually want to have a better offense than defense, play good enough defense at the end.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

https://www.azdesertswarm.com/basketbal ... highlights" target="_blank

Arizona’s defense probably isn’t fixable

The reason Miller called Alkins “part of the solution” in the first place is because the rest of Arizona’s roster was/is incapable of defending at a high level.

The Wildcats’ effort has been questionable at times, but they simply don’t have the personnel to be a good defensive team anyway.

Their best offensive players — Allonzo Trier, Dusan Ristic, and even Deandre Ayton — just aren’t difference-makers on the other end of the court.

And there aren’t any defensive-minded players on the roster that can feasibly supplement them.

The result? A team that ranks 8th on offense (great!), but 111th on defense (very bad!).

“We’re a much better offensive team than defense,” Miller said. “That’s the truth. And I think the gap has never been bigger and it’s up to us to continue to work. We really worked very hard to address it and some of it is personnel. Some of it is you gotta be able to guard the ball, be able to move and think and play together and we’ve never been a great defensive unit early in the year. But as the year grows, playing against a team that is gifted as UCLA is on offense, it can really expose us and they did.”

UCLA, which shot 52 percent Thursday, is one of the few teams Arizona has played that can match its offensive firepower.

So when the Wildcats had an off night offensively (they shot 44 percent), they were vulnerable.

“Defense is will. Defensive is ability. I mean, we probably have a little bit of everything that makes us the team that we are defensively,” Miller said. “We’ve probably been spoiled in that we’ve had a number of teams — even the last two years — where we weren’t elite but we were very good and certainly strong enough to win games with our defense. When you’re team the constantly has to outscore the other team, this week that other team can outscore us and that’s really what happened tonight.”

It makes it easy to envision how Arizona will lose in the NCAA Tournament. One subpar offensive night and the Wildcats are toast.

It also makes it difficult to envision this team’s path to the Final Four. Can it really defend NCAA Tournament-caliber teams at a high level for two straight weekends?

I wouldn’t bet on it. Miller probably wouldn’t either.

“Right now we’re 9-3. We’re tied with USC for first place but it doesn’t feel that way because we’re really going down a different path with our effort and our defense,” he said.

(USC lost to ASU on Thursday, so Arizona actually still has a one-game lead.)
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

The thing is, is that it is EXTREMELY EASY to fix. Maybe not to get to top 10 or 20 but to get to 40-50 it is.

Texas A&M
2nd half Washington
Last 12 minutes of Stanford
Most of Cal
Most of UCONN

These were great stretches of defense. All it took was playing together and tough and smart. The team is so capable of doing it. Putting it together consistently is the issue.
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

Merkin wrote:https://www.azdesertswarm.com/basketbal ... highlights

Arizona’s defense probably isn’t fixable

The reason Miller called Alkins “part of the solution” in the first place is because the rest of Arizona’s roster was/is incapable of defending at a high level.

The Wildcats’ effort has been questionable at times, but they simply don’t have the personnel to be a good defensive team anyway.

Their best offensive players — Allonzo Trier, Dusan Ristic, and even Deandre Ayton — just aren’t difference-makers on the other end of the court.

And there aren’t any defensive-minded players on the roster that can feasibly supplement them.

The result? A team that ranks 8th on offense (great!), but 111th on defense (very bad!).

“We’re a much better offensive team than defense,” Miller said. “That’s the truth. And I think the gap has never been bigger and it’s up to us to continue to work. We really worked very hard to address it and some of it is personnel. Some of it is you gotta be able to guard the ball, be able to move and think and play together and we’ve never been a great defensive unit early in the year. But as the year grows, playing against a team that is gifted as UCLA is on offense, it can really expose us and they did.”

UCLA, which shot 52 percent Thursday, is one of the few teams Arizona has played that can match its offensive firepower.

So when the Wildcats had an off night offensively (they shot 44 percent), they were vulnerable.

“Defense is will. Defensive is ability. I mean, we probably have a little bit of everything that makes us the team that we are defensively,” Miller said. “We’ve probably been spoiled in that we’ve had a number of teams — even the last two years — where we weren’t elite but we were very good and certainly strong enough to win games with our defense. When you’re team the constantly has to outscore the other team, this week that other team can outscore us and that’s really what happened tonight.”

It makes it easy to envision how Arizona will lose in the NCAA Tournament. One subpar offensive night and the Wildcats are toast.

It also makes it difficult to envision this team’s path to the Final Four. Can it really defend NCAA Tournament-caliber teams at a high level for two straight weekends?

I wouldn’t bet on it. Miller probably wouldn’t either.

“Right now we’re 9-3. We’re tied with USC for first place but it doesn’t feel that way because we’re really going down a different path with our effort and our defense,” he said.

(USC lost to ASU on Thursday, so Arizona actually still has a one-game lead.)
Ayton IS a difference maker on the defensive end, even when he doesn't try.
TucsonClip

Post by TucsonClip »

YoDeFoe wrote:All of the advanced stats show Rawle to be our best perimeter defender. I’m upset with him often but that’s because I expect more out of him than PJC, Trier, Smith or Randolph. Akot is coming along - he certainly has the physics tools.

Def Box +/-

Pinder: 4.1
Ayton: 3.6
Lee: 3.4
Rawle: 2.4
Akot: 1.4
The only ones available through Basketball Reference are basic advanced stats. DRTG doesnt factor in who is/isnt on the the floor and gives a substantial bump to rebounding, which is why you will almost always see bigs leading that department. Not to mention, its partially comprised of.... Box +/-. This is exactly what it sounds like; box score stats. I wouldnt put much weight in either of those to determine who our top defenders are.
Last edited by TucsonClip on Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Plus, why would I go to the NBA? Duke players suck in the pros."

-Shane Battier
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

rgdeuce wrote:Ayton IS a difference maker on the defensive end, even when he doesn't try.
Due to the guards inabilities to stop anyone from dribble penetration, would be nice if Ayton could stay home and protect the basket instead of covering 3 point shooters on the perimeter.

Not to sound like RiseandFire, but he does have a point.

When Holiday blew by Trier twice in the first minute for easy layups, something had to change.
YoDeFoe

Post by YoDeFoe »

Merkin wrote:
rgdeuce wrote:Ayton IS a difference maker on the defensive end, even when he doesn't try.
Due to the guards inabilities to stop anyone from dribble penetration, would be nice if Ayton could stay home and protect the basket instead of covering 3 point shooters on the perimeter.

When Holiday blew by Trier twice in the first minute for easy layups, something had to change.
Yeah we can do that if we have Ristic on the bench and a swingman on the floor at PF with Ayton at the five... unfortunately we haven't been able to trust Pinder or Lee to do the job. Akot has seen minutes and good production recently but he's yet to play at the four spot, only at the SF spot.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Merkin wrote:

The problem with an inability to control dribble penetration is that zone just means open 3's vs lanes to the rim. In zone, you have help sitting in a zone, but sucking a second guy in just enables the kick to a shooter.

One of our basic defensive issues is that there really isn't a defensive scheme that conceals poor on ball D fundamentals. If people are getting broken down off the dribble, every single scheme ever has to give up something. Zone might mean we get killed by the 3 instead, but we'll probably get burnt.

Edit: plus, like YoDeFoe says, zone pretty much precludes Dusan.
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

YoDeFoe wrote:
Merkin wrote:

Yeah we can do that if we have Ristic on the bench and a swingman on the floor at PF with Ayton at the five... unfortunately we haven't been able to trust Pinder or Lee to do the job. Akot has seen minutes and good production recently but he's yet to play at the four spot, only at the SF spot.
Lee, Randolph, Akot and Barcello have proven to not be able to score. Leave the best offensive guys out there and just give a damn on the defensive end.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

RiseAndFire wrote:

Ill get excited when CSM either "grows" out of his mid major mentality or is replaced
And that’s where I stopped reading.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Chicat wrote:
RiseAndFire wrote:

Ill get excited when CSM either "grows" out of his mid major mentality or is replaced
I don't know, when he says "grows" in quotes for no reason with "I'll get excited" it starts to sound sexy to me.
zonagrad

Post by zonagrad »

Merkin wrote:

There is our problem. Trier guarding an All Pac 12 point guard because our point guard is too small & weak and can't defend well. Everybody is out of position and it begins with PJC not being able to match up. So we're mixing and matching and trying to find the defensive matchup that will burn us the least. The only thing Trier has going for him is size & strength, but certainly not lateral defensive quickness. Although when he puts his mind to it, we've seen him guard well.

I'm sure Miller is racking his brain over what to do? He toyed with the idea of reducing Dusan's minutes but quickly realized Ristic was so valuable on offense. Same for Trier. The only pieces you can move around the board are PJC & Rawle. Alkins can and should be a good defender. He proved it vs. Stanford when Miller put him on Reid Travis. Maybe go with Akot, if he's healthy. Then play point guard by committee based on matchups. Whatever it takes, it's gonna be a fluid situation and game by game. I'd rather throw PJC out there for 10-15 minutes of chest-to-chest defense and ball pressure trying to create turnovers than 30 minutes of him getting abused.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:
Chicat wrote:
RiseAndFire wrote:

I don't know, when he says "grows" in quotes for no reason with "I'll get excited" it starts to sound sexy to me.
Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Chicat wrote:
Spaceman Spiff wrote:
Chicat wrote:
RiseAndFire wrote:

Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
Have you never heard how he talks about zone?
WildcatStunner

Post by WildcatStunner »

According to the tracker, that was one of our best defensive efforts of the season. May not have looked like it at first, but we played better defensively the second half against asu.
HiCat

Post by HiCat »

One piece of the puzzle looking a lot better 8-)

Arizona’s defense made strides the last two games

The No. 1 thing Arizona is spending time on these days is its defense, which currently ranks 96th in the country, per KenPom.

And a big chunk of that time is spent in the film room, where Miller not only points out mistakes or areas for improvement, but also highlights the things the Wildcats are doing well — like certain instances where players have done a good job defending without fouling, or closing out on a shooter.

“We call those identity clips,” Miller said. “This is what we want it to look like. If you watch Arizona play this is what we pride ourselves in looking like. And sometimes when you go down that path, it’s nice for our team to see that we can do it, I can do it, and that’s what it looks like when you do it.

“Then when you show the other side of it when mistakes are made, it balances out. So we do that and then obviously practice is still important.”
There have been more and more identity clips lately. Arizona has shown recently that it can be a good defensive team, or at least good enough for its high-powered offense to work with. The Wildcats have won two straight, and posted two of their best defensive performances during that streak.

Arizona held USC to 1.06 points per possession which, when adjusted for the opponent, was UA’s eighth-best defensive performance of the season, per KenPom.

Then UA held ASU to just .969 points per possession which was Arizona’s second-best defensive outing of the year.

Those two games alone allowed Arizona’s defensive efficiency to improve about 10 spots nationally.

“You knew this was going to be case. It’s not going be just flip the switch and all of a sudden we’re night-and-day better, but I think we’re moving in a positive direction,” Miller said. “Now we have to keep moving in that direction. That’s the whole key defensively.

If you look at statistics, we’re doing a better job defending the 3-point shot and I don’t think we’ve fouled as much recently. Those are two really key areas to our defense. There are so many possessions this season that the shot clock is under 10, the offensive player isn’t in an advantage position, and we bail them out by fouling. That does a number of things. They score on the possession, they get into the bonus quicker. Sometimes one of our starters has to sit down. So fouling and defending the 3, the continues be something we reinforce everyday.”

That emphasis showed in Tempe, where Arizona held the Sun Devils to just 7-of-25 from 3 and 12 free throw attempts.

ASU scored 70 points and shot 42 percent overall, but Miller thinks those numbers are deceiving. In a good way.

I could say that our defense might have been the best it’s been all Pac-12 season, because they scored quite a few points off our turnovers,” said Miller, whose team coughed the ball up 20 times against ASU. “Considering that, they weren’t necessarily scoring as easily against our half-court defense. But we’re making improvements.”

Emmanuel Akot has emerged as a useful piece defensively, as his size gives UA’s defense an extra dimension on the perimeter, but what really makes the difference for Arizona’s defense, Miller has said, is Deandre Ayton, whose size, athleticism, and length is unmatched around the country.

https://www.azdesertswarm.com/basketbal ... efficiency" target="_blank
YoDeFoe

Post by YoDeFoe »

Akot emerging as a sixth man is good - for this season and for our future with him. Would love to see him in the post at the four with Ayton at the five but Miller seems to prefer the defense and size of Pinder.

PJC/ Trier / Rawle / Akot / Ayton

A boy can dream...
RiseAndFire

Post by RiseAndFire »

romar first game ok but still playing millers dumbass man defense that completely neutralizes Ayton by letting UO keep him at the perimeter all game. 34 Oregon points in the paint - unacceptable. 14 Oregon three pointers because 7'1 Ayton and ristic are guarding the three line all game long - unacceptable

at least they played with freedom on offense for the first time in 9 years
WildcatStunner

Post by WildcatStunner »

RiseAndFire wrote:romar first game ok but still playing millers dumbass man defense that completely neutralizes Ayton by letting UO keep him at the perimeter all game. 34 Oregon points in the paint - unacceptable. 14 Oregon three pointers because 7'1 Ayton and ristic are guarding the three line all game long - unacceptable

Can we just ban this guy?

*I edited my post because there was a personal attack in there.*

Sorry about that.

No point in me asking if someone should be banned if I cannot follow the rules.
Last edited by WildcatStunner on Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
zonagrad

Post by zonagrad »

RiseAndFire wrote:romar first game ok but still playing millers dumbass man defense that completely neutralizes Ayton by letting UO keep him at the perimeter all game. 34 Oregon points in the paint - unacceptable. 14 Oregon three pointers because 7'1 Ayton and ristic are guarding the three line all game long - unacceptable

You're such an ass.And wear it well.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

Yeah, Miller pulled the puppet strings on offense, but on defense he forgot to play a 3-2 zone with Ayton in the paint and Ristic lumbering back and forth along the baseline.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

WildcatStunner wrote:

Can we just ban this shithole?
I’m leaning towards it.
Frybry02

Post by Frybry02 »

Up to 80th
WildcatStunner

Post by WildcatStunner »

That was a fantastic defensive effort last night. Closeouts were pretty solid and the bigs recovered from the hedge pretty well too. Not to mention PJC keeping Holiday in check. We held a top 25 offense under 70 in a game that had extra time. I know one of Miller's biggest tests for how good we did defensively is holding an opponent under 70.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

WildcatStunner wrote:That was a fantastic defensive effort last night. Closeouts were pretty solid and the bigs recovered from the hedge pretty well too. Not to mention PJC keeping Holiday in check. We held a top 25 offense under 70 in a game that had extra time. I know one of Miller's biggest tests for how good we did defensively is holding an opponent under 70.
Totally. Seems like things are starting to click on the D front.
Phylek

Post by Phylek »

Since the UCLA game(8 games) Arizona has an average adjusted D of 94.0. That's good enough for #11 in adjusted D.

If you drop the Oregon game, where we were missing a key player and head coach, adjusted D is 90.4 for those 7 games. That's good enough for #3.
Phylek

Post by Phylek »

In that same span of 8 games Arizona had an adjusted O of 120.2, which would be #9.

Without the Oregon game adjusted O drops to 118.3, which be be #17.

Either way. Looks like they're peaking at the right time.
YoDeFoe

Post by YoDeFoe »

Phylek keep going I'm almost there...
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

Phylek wrote:Since the UCLA game(8 games) Arizona has an average adjusted D of 94.0. That's good enough for #11 in adjusted D.

If you drop the Oregon game, where we were missing a key player and head coach, adjusted D is 90.4 for those 7 games. That's good enough for #3.
I see you ODogg :D
CatFanOneMil

Post by CatFanOneMil »

Phylek wrote:Since the UCLA game(8 games) Arizona has an average adjusted D of 94.0. That's good enough for #11 in adjusted D.

Is this just in the Pac 12?
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Nice job phylek!