Embrace the hate

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

Spaceman Spiff

Re: Embrace the hate

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

prh wrote:
PHXCATS wrote:Hey now. I am a huge fan of CU until about 310pm Arizona time on Wednesday
This raises an interesting conundrum. I have never, ever cheered for asu in my life. But, do we want them to win just so we can crush their souls one more time? Especially since the other option isn't necessarily much easier to deal with.
No, they're ASU.
prh

Post by prh »

Ok thanks for snapping me out of that gentlemen. I guess I thought this could be the only situation to change but you have confirmed that my natural instincts are correct. Never, ever.
Gilbertcat

Post by Gilbertcat »

Also it would look good to avenge the loss twice after it happened. CU would absorb the RPI win from Tempe anyways.
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

It seems like we play Rado and UCLA every year in the tournament. Oregon too.

So with that said, our path is Rado, UCLA and Oregon.
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

I'd rather play Colorado.
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

Olsondogg wrote:It seems like we play Rado and UCLA every year in the tournament. Oregon too.

I like it. We had to go through UCLA and Oregon last year. That worked out well.
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

Beachcat97 wrote:
Olsondogg wrote:It seems like we play Rado and UCLA every year in the tournament. Oregon too.

I like it. We had to go through UCLA and Oregon last year. That worked out well.
We also went through Rado, thus my post.
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

Olsondogg wrote:
Beachcat97 wrote:

We also went through Rado, thus my post.
Right. And that’s crazy that the path could be identical.

I’d be a little surprised if one of these teams doesn’t win the Pac tourney: AZ, Utah, Oregon, or UCLA
U.P. Zona Fan

Post by U.P. Zona Fan »

Does asu miss the tourney with a loss to Rado?
Arizona State might have the most surprisingly anemic history in men's basketball of any program that you might think is better than it is.
-Norlander.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

U.P. Zona Fan wrote:Does asu miss the tourney with a loss to Rado?
It is a real possibility. They've gone from a 6 seed to a 10 seed at bracket matrix in the last 2 weeks. If they lose to Colorado, their best case scenario may be as a play in 11 seed.
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
cats101

Post by cats101 »

Longhorned wrote:
prh wrote:
PHXCATS wrote:Hey now. I am a huge fan of CU until about 310pm Arizona time on Wednesday
This raises an interesting conundrum. I have never, ever cheered for asu in my life. But, do we want them to win just so we can crush their souls one more time? Especially since the other option isn't necessarily much easier to deal with.
It's very hard to beat a good team three times in a season. The question is whether ASU is a good team.
That's a good question. Maybe "capable" is the word? They obviously can beat some teams if they can hit their shots. It's also obvious things are not the same since December.

My friend who lives in Vegas says she's been getting mess from UNLV fans. Like they have any room to talk.
84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

I think so. They need to beat CU and give us a good game
prh

Post by prh »

I think they're out anyways. I know most people have them in, but I'm not convinced that the committee does. 8th in a 3 bid conference is pretty tough to overcome. Kansas was a long time ago.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Wtf is this?!?

Wallet hub just came out with best cities for college basketball fans to live in. Discuss:

1. Chapel Hill, North Carolina

2. Lawrence, Kansas

3. Los Angeles, California

4. Durham, North Carolina

5. Lexington, Kentucky

6. Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

Storrs, Connecticut

8. Bloomington, Indiana

9. East Lansing, Michigan

10. College Park, Maryland
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

https://wallethub.com/edu/best-cities-f ... n-findings" target="_blank

This is some serious shit
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Yeah, when I think “college basketball mecca” I totally think of the place where traffic prohibits 50% of paying fans even making it to the game.

Go Ruins!
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Chicat wrote:Yeah, when I think “college basketball mecca” I totally think of the place where traffic prohibits 50% of paying fans even making it to the game.

Go Ruins!

You forgot the other guys. Where apparently only 25% of the fans make it because of "traffic". Go Troj-enz!
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Also philly strikes me more as a “pro” city than a college one. At get Villanova and tons of others but it doesn’t strike me as a college basketball Mecca.

Same with college park.
YoDeFoe

Post by YoDeFoe »

CalStateTempe wrote:Also philly strikes me more as a “pro” city than a college one. At get Villanova and tons of others but it doesn’t strike me as a college basketball Mecca.

Same with college park.
They've got the Philly Five but yeah much more of a pro market.
DrWildcat

Post by DrWildcat »

I never got the feeling people loved UCONN basketball when I lived in Connecticut. From the people I knew, pro sports was much more important that any college team. Also, Storrs is a cow town with a college. Basically, in the middle of nowhere for a New England town.

Additionally, I have a hard time believing LA, Philly and College Park enjoy college basketball more than Tucson.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

CalStateTempe wrote:Also philly strikes me more as a “pro” city than a college one. At get Villanova and tons of others but it doesn’t strike me as a college basketball Mecca.

Same with college park.
I think some of that list is just based on fans having lots of options. Otherwise, I don't know how LA is on the list. No LA team consistently draws home sellouts. From the fan perspective, though, if you like CBB, there are about 40 teams in about a 50 mile radius.

Tucson is at or near the top of cities with massive support for CBB. Tucson metro is close to a million people, and Arizona basketball is THE marquee sport. Arizona football...well, rooting for Arizona football is like rooting for the Titanic in a movie. Every season, you can cheer for Arizona football, but they're still hitting that iceberg and going down.

Tucson has a larger metro base than some pro cities and Arizona basketball is the show. Even with other big time programs, that situation is rare.