Sean Miller IS NOT a “person of interest” .....

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

1976er

Sean Miller IS NOT a “person of interest” .....

Post by 1976er »

I am not a member of this community nor do I live in Tucson. However, I do have access to numerous people within the US Attorneys office in NYC. I personally know Ed Diskant and he is a straight shooter. He has had several interviews the past few days with numerous news outlets, including your local newspaper, I believe. If so, read his quotes carefully. He has stated for many weeks now since the leaks that numerous third parties have been unfairly maligned and portrayed as persons of interest in this case when, in fact, this is not the case. Numerous people within the Department of Justice feel these leaks have unfairly casted shadows on many innocent people. And although the leaks are regretful, the Department can go no further than the statement Ed made to the press simply because of the “gag order”. My people say just read between the lines .... this is as close as the Justice Department can speak on this matter without actually issuing apologies to all third parties unnecessarily impugned by these leaks.
CalStateTempe

Re: Sean Miller IS NOT a “person of interest” .....

Post by CalStateTempe »

1976er wrote:I am not a member of this community nor do I live in Tucson. However, I do have access to numerous people within the US Attorneys office in NYC. I personally know Ed Diskant and he is a straight shooter. He has had several interviews the past few days with numerous news outlets, including your local newspaper, I believe. If so, read his quotes carefully. He has stated for many weeks now since the leaks that numerous third parties have been unfairly maligned and portrayed as persons of interest in this case when, in fact, this is not the case. Numerous people within the Department of Justice feel these leaks have unfairly casted shadows on many innocent people. And although the leaks are regretful, the Department can go no further than the statement Ed made to the press simply because of the “gag order”. My people say just read between the lines .... this is as close as the Justice Department can speak on this matter without actually issuing apologies to all third parties unnecessarily impugned by these leaks.
Great first post and thank you!

One question....are you the horse? (Sorry, a joke from another Arizona fan website).
1976er

Post by 1976er »

No, I am not the Horse .... but, I have been called a “horse’s ass” at various times in my long life !!!
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Back during the Miller hire we had a poster called the “horses mouth” because this poster kept leaking coach search details some of which turned out to be true.

This poster started of a great post with “I know the horse and....”. It kind of became a meme around here.

Anyways thanks for taking the time to drop in. If you’re feeling particularly daring we have a great general discussion and politics board that is pretty high level for a sports message board.
cats101

Post by cats101 »

I remember that. Wasn't it a Memphis fan who was convinced we were crazy to think we would get Calipari?
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

I can’t remember, could be. I wish we had that post saved from the other site though, it was a good one.
UofAlum05

Post by UofAlum05 »

The dots are there to connect, its just frustrating to me that the National Media isn't connecting them or not acknowledging them.

Dot: FBI isn't looking to find schools that are breaking NCAA Rules. They are wanting to bust Shoe companies, namely Adidas.
Dot: Miller and Adidas have had a feud for a while. After the Gabe York/Compton Magic debacle, Adidas/Compton Magic blackballed Arizona/Miller and started feeding players to UCLA. Started with TJ Leaf and the Adidas payment to his Dads HS.
Dot: It was accepted that players that Book recruited weren't anyone that Miller ever took seriously. Book was desperate to get back in good graces of Miller. Book also complained around town about his salary and being in financial trouble.
Dot: Desperate to infuse some talent into the program Book brings in Kobi Simmons & Rawle Alkins. While both were 5 stars, it was interesting that no other major programs were after them.
Dot: Suddenly Arizona bows out of recruitment of Bowen, Lonnie Walker, and a few others.
Dot: Book is arrested, Miller isn't. The FBI made a point of saying that Arizona/Miller were victims of a corrupt Asst. Coach.
Dot: Yahoo puts out report citing players paid, schools, and coaches. Arizona doesn't have a player on that report.
Dot: That night ESPN puts out a report citing a "source". Source indicated that Miller told Dawkins to go through him, not Book. hmmmmm......
Dot: Heavy weight boosters/President of UofA have a sudden change of heart about firing Miller after receiving some info that none of us have seen.
Dot: Prosecutor says that "third parties" have been wrongfully maligned.
NYCat

Post by NYCat »

UofAlum05 wrote:The dots are there to connect, its just frustrating to me that the National Media isn't connecting them or not acknowledging them.

Dot: FBI isn't looking to find schools that are breaking NCAA Rules. They are wanting to bust Shoe companies, namely Adidas.
Dot: Miller and Adidas have had a feud for a while. After the Gabe York/Compton Magic debacle, Adidas/Compton Magic blackballed Arizona/Miller and started feeding players to UCLA. Started with TJ Leaf and the Adidas payment to his Dads HS.
Dot: It was accepted that players that Book recruited weren't anyone that Miller ever took seriously. Book was desperate to get back in good graces of Miller. Book also complained around town about his salary and being in financial trouble.
Dot: Desperate to infuse some talent into the program Book brings in Kobi Simmons & Rawle Alkins. While both were 5 stars, it was interesting that no other major programs were after them.
Dot: Suddenly Arizona bows out of recruitment of Bowen, Lonnie Walker, and a few others.
Dot: Book is arrested, Miller isn't. The FBI made a point of saying that Arizona/Miller were victims of a corrupt Asst. Coach.
Dot: Yahoo puts out report citing players paid, schools, and coaches. Arizona doesn't have a player on that report.
Dot: That night ESPN puts out a report citing a "source". Source indicated that Miller told Dawkins to go through him, not Book. hmmmmm......
Dot: Heavy weight boosters/President of UofA have a sudden change of heart about firing Miller after receiving some info that none of us have seen.
Dot: Prosecutor says that "third parties" have been wrongfully maligned.
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

Don't you all think that this is where the staggering power of a behemoth like ESPN shows its power? If, tomorrow, there were a front page article correcting Schlabach's article and emphasizing Miller's innocence, the national narrative changes dramatically. It doesn't matter how many subsequent reports/op-eds have come out since the original article, the dominant narrative is still "Miller paid Ayton."
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Coming in hot with that first post!

I doubt Miller is a person of interest only because he’s got less incentive to take a bribe than he does to win a ton of games and get all the bonuses in his contract. Miller’s getting $100k for winning, why jeopardize that by taking $100k under the table for nefarious reasons?
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
97cats

Post by 97cats »

the only person of interest i know is the unfortunate character (still undetermined) next in line to be chin-nutted by DeAndre Ayton
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

97cats wrote:the only person of interest i know is the unfortunate character (still undetermined) next in line to be chin-nutted by DeAndre Ayton
:lol:

Or by Rawle!
UofAlum05

Post by UofAlum05 »

Ayton can continue to chin nut anyone he wants in the tourney which goes right along with me telling every opposing fan on twitter that the NCAA can vacate "Deezzz Nuts".
BE4RDOWN21

Post by BE4RDOWN21 »

97cats wrote:the only person of interest i know is the unfortunate character (still undetermined) next in line to be chin-nutted by DeAndre Ayton
top 5 favorite posts...well done sir!
pokinmik

Post by pokinmik »

Oh fuck yea! I can’t wait for him to have his National coming out party to all the casual idiot fans. Fucking can’t wait!
EVCat

Post by EVCat »

1976er wrote:I am not a member of this community nor do I live in Tucson. However, I do have access to numerous people within the US Attorneys office in NYC. I personally know Ed Diskant and he is a straight shooter. He has had several interviews the past few days with numerous news outlets, including your local newspaper, I believe. If so, read his quotes carefully. He has stated for many weeks now since the leaks that numerous third parties have been unfairly maligned and portrayed as persons of interest in this case when, in fact, this is not the case. Numerous people within the Department of Justice feel these leaks have unfairly casted shadows on many innocent people. And although the leaks are regretful, the Department can go no further than the statement Ed made to the press simply because of the “gag order”. My people say just read between the lines .... this is as close as the Justice Department can speak on this matter without actually issuing apologies to all third parties unnecessarily impugned by these leaks.
This has a lot of credibility. Not that anyone needs my .02, but yeah...

A LOT.
BE4RDOWN21

Post by BE4RDOWN21 »

In CSM I trust. Now lets win the whole fucking thing. #runningthroughwallsallthewaytoSanAntonio
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

"Eeeeeeeelllllliiiiiiiiiiiijjjjjjjjjaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh"--screamed Rawle (probably)
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
Lando05

Post by Lando05 »

Thank you for stopping by, hope to see you post more on this amazing community. As others said ohr lower boards and community is very active and engaging.
ByJoveByJingle

Post by ByJoveByJingle »

EVCat wrote:

A LOT.
Is this sarcasm? I need to know before I pen a witty response.
UofAlum05

Post by UofAlum05 »

Gilbertcat

Post by Gilbertcat »

Heck of an article!
jajoyce

Post by jajoyce »

UofAlum05 wrote:
When 247 went public with their reporting to discredit the ESPN reports, 97cats said it well calculated.I am sure Miller and his lawyers were feeding 247 information and names of potential "sources" and in return I am sure Miller promised them access into the program and himself. At that time it was all hands on deck as he needed folks on his side. This is the result of that.

It is a win/win for both parties. I may even sign up for their site.
EVCat

Post by EVCat »

ByJoveByJingle wrote:
EVCat wrote:

A LOT.
Is this sarcasm? I need to know before I pen a witty response.
Not in the slightest
UofAlum05

Post by UofAlum05 »

jajoyce wrote:
UofAlum05 wrote:
When 247 went public with their reporting to discredit the ESPN reports, 97cats said it well calculated.I am sure Miller and his lawyers were feeding 247 information and names of potential "sources" and in return I am sure Miller promised them access into the program and himself. At that time it was all hands on deck as he needed folks on his side. This is the result of that.

It is a win/win for both parties. I may even sign up for their site.
Actually it was the reverse I believe. 247 went to Miller/Arizona and said we know this isn't true.