***FINAL 2017/2018 RAP RESULTS***

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

Chicat

***FINAL 2017/2018 RAP RESULTS***

Post by Chicat »

Great season, but of course it didn’t end the way we all hoped.

Big props to DiehardDave who led almost wire-to-wire, and to Baycat who put together a furious run at the end.

Ladies & Gentlemen, we have our first Co-Champions in basketball RAP. Congrats guys!

Buffalo Points

Final Overall Standings

Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
baycat93

Re: ***FINAL 2017/2018 RAP RESULTS***

Post by baycat93 »

Congrats DHD!

Chicat, thank you for your effort and delivery on this. It is always a fun addition to following the Cats and the games.

BearDown
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

All hail DHD, (but he gets all the best recruits and the refs are in his pocket)!
“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.”

~ Wilhoit's Law
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Thx to Chi for running this and congrats to both winners
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
RichardCranium

Post by RichardCranium »

Thanks to all involved.

Congrats to Die Hard and BayCat.

I am SHOCKED, SHOCKED I tell you, that I didn't end up dead last amongst the folks that continued to participate through out.

This is the first time I have played RAP, and I had fun even if I didn't study for it.

I suspect DHD and BC93 cheated and actually thought about their picks. Karma will get you in the end, my friend.
Any sufficiently advanced troll is indistinguishable from a genuine kook.
DiehardDave37

Post by DiehardDave37 »

RichardCranium wrote:Thanks to all involved.

I suspect DHD and BC93 cheated and actually thought about their picks. Karma will get you in the end, my friend.
Yes, I did actually think through my picks and even believed Miller when he praised Akot enough for me to pick him in the next game and get a DNP-coaches decision. But I did not do the type of homework I did 15 years ago when I won against 120+ players. That time I actually went on opponent's hoops boards to learn who their good defenders were. Baycat caught me in the final game when his Rawle bettered my Zo. Wouldn't logic dictate to trust Trier to audition well on such a national stage? CBB predicting has no rhyme nor reason. I'm giving it up. I did not even do a bracket this year.
I thanked Chicat and congratulated Baycat (yes, I also do my own tallying) on the other thread, but I'm doing it again now.
baycat93

Post by baycat93 »

DiehardDave37 wrote:
RichardCranium wrote:Thanks to all involved.

Yes, I did actually think through my picks and even believed Miller when he praised Akot enough for me to pick him in the next game and get a DNP-coaches decision. But I did not do the type of homework I did 15 years ago when I won against 120+ players. That time I actually went on opponent's hoops boards to learn who their good defenders were. Baycat caught me in the final game when his Rawle bettered my Zo. Wouldn't logic dictate to trust Trier to audition well on such a national stage? CBB predicting has no rhyme nor reason. I'm giving it up. I did not even do a bracket this year.
I thanked Chicat and congratulated Baycat (yes, I also do my own tallying) on the other thread, but I'm doing it again now.
DHD, the only way I was catching you was to pit Rawle against Zo. Did not think it would be enough though. I used to do a ton of research back in the GoAzcats days. Now just more on feel and flow of the team. Which is another way of saying I am old.

Congrats again DHD and more THANKS to Chi for carrying on the tradition.