Allonzo Trier

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

Merkin

Re: Allonzo Trier

Post by Merkin »

rgdeuce wrote:
Merkin wrote:
azcat49 wrote:I have not watched an NBA games in about 5 years. In fact I watch very few professional games anymore. The level of play is outstanding but I guess their is just so much movement withe free agents and roster turnover.

Try to keep up with the cats in the league but do it mostly through the comments on this board
Same here. Used to be a big Detroit Tigers and Lions fan, even the Red Wings when Gordie Howe played for them.

I can still probably name the starting lineups of the 1968 Tigers that won the World Series. Big star pitcher Denny McClain only won game in the series, fatboy Mickey Lolich won 3! Beat the mighty Bob Gibson and a tough St Louis team. Tigers had a weak hitting shortstop, so the manager Mayo Smith moved center fielder Mickey Stanley to shortstop.

Right fielder Al Kaline finished and ended his career with the Tigers, all 22 years. First basemen Norm Cash played all 15 years with the Tigers.

Do people do that any more in pro sports? Yes, I do realize that was all before free agency and bidding wars.
You remember Jason "Rooftop" Thompson? He was my dad's best friend growing up. Another one of my father's friends, Dan Gonzales, had a cup of coffee with the Tigers as well. You likely won't recall him, but he came up through the minors with many of the studs from that 84 title team (Morris, Parrish, Brookens, Gibson, etc.)
I kind of lost interest in MLB by then. Remember Kirk Gibson quite well though. Great wide receiver at MSU. Made a very wise choice to go play pro baseball instead of football though. Dude could not stay off the IR, and that's in a non-contact sport. His HR in the Series v. the Giants was legendary, dude could barely walk.
SunnyAZ

Post by SunnyAZ »

KD shouted out Allonzo on Bill Simmons' podcast today.

Bill asked him who are his favorite prospects and he said Mikal Bridges. Then said Allonzo too. Then mentioned Shamorie Ponds and someone else I can't remember.
RichardCranium

Post by RichardCranium »

azcat49 wrote:Big D, I am a St Louis cardinal fan and I can name the starting line up for the birds as well LOL. I cried when we blew that 3 games to 1 lead. Great series though.
I think those were two of the best line-ups in series history, but I'm biased of course. Classic series.

The one I REALLY wanted to see though was a Tigers/Cubs series in 1984. Man that would have been a great series, but the Cubbies choked in San Diego and it was a boring series, even if Detroit did win it.
Any sufficiently advanced troll is indistinguishable from a genuine kook.
HiCat

Post by HiCat »

Arizona Guard Allonzo Trier's Lakers Pre-Draft Workout

http://www.lakersnation.com/lakers-pre- ... 018/05/10/" target="_blank
YoDeFoe

Post by YoDeFoe »

HiCat wrote:Arizona Guard Allonzo Trier's Lakers Pre-Draft Workout

How much do these write-ups pay? Anyone know?

All of these fan site "articles" have atrocious grammar and look like they're based on fifteen minutes of solid googling.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

YoDeFoe wrote:

All of these fan site "articles" have atrocious grammar and look like they're based on fifteen minutes of solid googling.
At first, I was impressed that he shot 85% from deep, then I saw he shot 40% from deep and I wasn't as impressed.
YoDeFoe

Post by YoDeFoe »

"It came on the heals of the No. 4 Wildcats suffering a stunning loss to No. 13 Buffalo in the first round"

Fourth seed / thirteenth seed.

"He was one of three players to finish the regular season shooting at least 50 percent from the field, 40 percent from deep and 85 percent from deep."

Deep deep.

"Though, Trier also suspended indefinitely for traces of a banned substance appearing during a drug screening."

We're missing a verb here (hint: "Trier ___ also"). Also worth mentioning that Trier was suspended indefinitely UNTIL he won his appeal and was reinstated after a two game absence.

"It was determined to be the remnants of Trier unknowingly ingesting the substance in 2016, which led to an initial suspension."

Poorly structured - it was the remnants of the substance, not the remnants of Trier's action.

"The matter was the furthest thing from Trier’s mind on Wednesday, when he was among the six prospects the Los Angeles Lakers hosted for a pre-draft workout."

Unsourced.

"...Trier arguably had the best shooting performance..."

That's quantifiable. So again, unsourced.

"He fits the mold of a guard the Lakers may look to select in the 2018 Draft as a means of finding a backup and/or complement to Lonzo Ball."

Unsourced and also fucking stupid. "He could be a PG or a SG or a backup or play basketball!"

Some people scream into pillows or hit the heavy bag to let off some steam - I edit dogshit fansite articles.
YoDeFoe

Post by YoDeFoe »

For an example of a good write-up on Trier, here is The Athletic's Sam Vecenie:

Allonzo Trier| 6-5, W | Arizona | 22 years old
Agent: Yes
Projected draft slot: second round to undrafted
Key stats: 18.1 PPG, 3.0 RPG, 3.2 APG, 49.9/38.0/86.5

Comment: Trier is a professional scorer. He’s a terrific shooter who can get his shot from all three levels, and over his three years in college has become just about the most efficient player in college basketball. He scored 18 points per game while posting a 65.4 true-shooting percentage, one of just two high-major guards in the last nine years to accomplish that (Buddy Hield). These are things that Trier knows, as he’s one of the more observant and analytically-inclined players I’ve come across. He’s a hard worker who genuinely wants to be great at basketball, something that will likely showcase itself well to NBA executives. But he really needs to improve defensively and needs to get better as a shooter directly off the catch. Much more comfortable as a one-dribble, step-back shooter, Trier won’t get that time in the NBA and still be efficient. If I were an organization, I would be happy to take Trier in the second round and hope to get a bench scorer. But there’s a chance he ends up undrafted.
HiCat

Post by HiCat »

YoDeFoe wrote:

Apologies. Only linked it for the video, not the write up. (not tech savvy enough to just post video)
YoDeFoe

Post by YoDeFoe »

HiCat wrote:
YoDeFoe wrote:

Apologies. Only linked it for the video, not the write up. (not tech savvy enough to just post video)
Oh no worries - not dogging you (unless you wrote it, in which case damn dude email me and I'll edit for you). Always glad to see content posted on here, especially in the doldrums of the offseason.
HiCat

Post by HiCat »

YoDeFoe wrote:
HiCat wrote:
YoDeFoe wrote:

Oh no worries - not dogging you (unless you wrote it, in which case damn dude email me and I'll edit for you). ;) Always glad to see content posted on here, especially in the doldrums of the offseason.
Frybry02

Post by Frybry02 »

Looks like he has already signed a 2-way contract with the Knicks. Good for him!
YoDeFoe

Post by YoDeFoe »

I'll go to my grave scratching my head on how Jerome Robinson is a lottery pick, Grayson Allen and Kevin Huerter are first rounders.... and Allonzo Trier goes undrafted. Guys with super wingspans I get, but those guys that are Trier's physical equal (toss Trent Jr in) and yet weren't nearly the scoring / rebounding / passing guards that Trier showed himself to be going ahead of him makes not a lick of sense to me.

I know I'm the biggest Trier fan and I can convince myself of things that aren't exactly true. Maybe there's something about his personality that teams didn't love - that he can be moody or selfish. But I think the kid is a warrior and a gym rat and consistently improved as a player (even playing very good defense in select games).

After three years of defending him, I suppose this is my final stand. Glad to die on this hill.

For reference, here are the draft combine athletic stats. Trier above average or near the top of the heap in every category. And of course, not a single guard drafted matched Trier's efficiency in scoring or in scoring+passing (points per possession, per Synergy Sports). Was also a top ten pick and roll ball handler last season with Lauri. Crazy he wasn't better lauded.
SabinoDrifter

Post by SabinoDrifter »

YoDeFoe wrote:I'll go to my grave scratching my head on how Jerome Robinson is a lottery pick, Grayson Allen and Kevin Huerter are first rounders.... and Allonzo Trier goes undrafted. Guys with super wingspans I get, but those guys that are Trier's physical equal (toss Trent Jr in) and yet weren't nearly the scoring / rebounding / passing guards that Trier showed himself to be going ahead of him makes not a lick of sense to me.

I know I'm the biggest Trier fan and I can convince myself of things that aren't exactly true. Maybe there's something about his personality that teams didn't love - that he can be moody or selfish. But I think the kid is a warrior and a gym rat and consistently improved as a player (even playing very good defense in select games).

After three years of defending him, I suppose this is my final stand. Glad to die on this hill.

For reference, here are the draft combine athletic stats. Trier above average or near the top of the heap in every category. And of course, not a single guard drafted matched Trier's efficiency in scoring or in scoring+passing (points per possession, per Synergy Sports). Was also a top ten pick and roll ball handler last season with Lauri. Crazy he wasn't better lauded.
I could see him falling in the pre-draft process. He needs to find the right fit and could be a decent scoring option off the bench. And, I could see teams really knocking his defense (and a fair criticism).
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

YoDeFoe wrote:
For reference, here are the draft combine athletic stats.
What the heck? Grayson Allen is more athletic than Rawle Alkins?
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

Merkin wrote:
YoDeFoe wrote:
Why is that shocking?
2018 Bear Down Wildcats Conference Championship Challenge Champion
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

PHXCATS wrote:
Merkin wrote:
YoDeFoe wrote:
Why is that shocking?
Can Allen do this?

or this?

HiCat

Post by HiCat »

Merkin wrote:
PHXCATS wrote:
Merkin wrote:
YoDeFoe wrote:
Why is that shocking?
Can Allen do this?

or this?

Great slam! Go Rawle!
ByJoveByJingle

Post by ByJoveByJingle »

They have identical vertical leaps. What’s interesting is how consistently Trier performed better than either Rawle or Allen in almost all the categories (and not far behind in vert). Then combine that with his production and Grayson Allen being a first rounder while Trier goes undrafted is really a head scratcher.
U.P. Zona Fan

Post by U.P. Zona Fan »

Well I guess trier should not have stayed last year, who knows how far Grayson Allen would have dropped of he'd stuck around for his..... Oh wait.

Don't hate me this is all sarcasm, how fickle is this process. Maybe they drafted Grayson Allen to see how bad he gets mugged out there. That's about the only reason I can see him getting drafted before Zo and Rawle.

Or maybe this is why K gets all the recruits, "hey, if he can get Grayson drafted in the first round, must be a magician".
Arizona State might have the most surprisingly anemic history in men's basketball of any program that you might think is better than it is.
-Norlander.
Irish27

Post by Irish27 »

Trier has not played well at all these first 2 summer games. I have a feeling he will be playing in Europe next year.
2019 & 2021 Basketball RAP Winner/2022 Football RAP Winner
Postmaster

Post by Postmaster »

ESPN made him top three highlight.....

For getting his dunk rejected.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Postmaster wrote:ESPN made him top three highlight.....

For getting his dunk rejected.
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

Trier says he turned down being drafted. Sure thing guy
2018 Bear Down Wildcats Conference Championship Challenge Champion
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Irish27 wrote:Trier has not played well at all these first 2 summer games. I have a feeling he will be playing in Europe next year.
He's been a low efficiency volume scorer.

The efficiency needs to change if he has a NBA shot.
YoDeFoe

Post by YoDeFoe »

PHXCATS wrote:Trier says he turned down being drafted. Sure thing guy
It's common.
YoDeFoe

Post by YoDeFoe »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:
Irish27 wrote:Trier has not played well at all these first 2 summer games. I have a feeling he will be playing in Europe next year.
He's been a low efficiency volume scorer.

The efficiency needs to change if he has a NBA shot.
Yeah he's not shooting well. Doing a familiar "cold in the first half, hot in the second" routine.

They are asking him to shoot though and giving him the most minutes of any player. Hopefully his shot starts to fall. He's passed the ball and rebounded well, leads the team in steals so far, and he's getting to the line effectively and knocking down his free throws. He'd have more assists if Ntilikina could shoot.

With a guard core of Ntilikina, Trey Burke, Emmanuel Mudiay, Dotson, and Baker... Trier should have a shot to get NBA game time as a scorer and efficient ball handler. Just needs to find his rhythm with the new team in this new environment.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

YoDeFoe wrote:
It's common.
Should probably just go to 1 round.

When I was a kid, the NBA had pretty much unlimited rounds. They kept drafting until everyone stopped. Believe at the time you had to pay the NBA for each draft pick.

1973 DRAFT
24Apr73
New York, NY

First Round
1 Phil Doug Collins Illinois State
2 Clev Jim Brewer Minnesota
3 Buff Ernie DiGregorio Providence
4 Sea Mike Green Louisiana Tech
5 LAL Kermit Washington American
6 Hous Ed Ratleff Long Beach State
7 KC-O Ron Behagen Minnesota
8 Phoe Mike Bantom St. Joseph's
9 Atl Dwight Jones Houston
10 Atl John Brown Missouri
11 GS Kevin Joyce South Carolina
12 Chi Kevin Kunnert Iowa
13 Cap Nick Weatherspoon Illinois
14 NYK Mel Davis St. John's
15 Port Barry Parkhill Virginia
16 Mil Swen Nater UCLA
17 Bos Steve Downing Indiana
18 Phil Raymond Lewis Cal State-Los Angeles

Second Round
1 Cap Louis Nelson Washington
2 KC-O Mike D'Antoni Marshall
3 Phil Allan Bristow Virginia Tech
4 Phil George McGinnis Indiana
5 LAL Bill Schaeffer St. John's
6 Chi Kevin Stacom Providence
7 KC-O Larry McNeill Marquette
8 Clev Allan Hornyak Ohio State
9 Atl Tom Ingelsby Villanova
10 NYK Pat McFarland St. Joseph's
11 GS Derrek Dickey Cincinnati
12 Chi Wendell Hudson Alabama
13 LAL Jim Chones Marquette
14 Phil Caldwell Jones Albany State (GA)
15 Phoe Gary Melchionni Duke
16 LAL John Perry Pan American
17 Bos Phil Hankinson Pennsylvania

Third Round
1 Atl Ted Manakas Princeton
2 Clev Jim O'Brien Maryland
3 Buff Ken Charles Fordham
4 Chi Martin Terry Arkansas
5 Clev Ozzie Edwards Oklahoma City
6 Clev James Lister Sam Houston State
7 Phoe Joe Reaves Bethel (TN)
8 Phoe Steve Mitchell Kansas State
9 Det Dwight Lamar SW Louisiana
10 Atl Leonard Gray Long Beach State
11 GS Jim Retseck Auburn
12 Chi Steve Newsome Houston
13 Cap Tom Kozelko Toledo
14 NYK Allie McGuire Marquette
15 Det Larry Kenon Memphis State
16 Hous E. C. Coleman Houston Baptist
17 Bos Martinez Denmon Iowa State

Fourth Round
1 Phil Darrel Minniefield New Mexico
2 Buff Doug Little Oregon
3 Port William Averitt Pepperdine
4 Sea June Harris North Carolina A&T
5 Clev Luke Witte Ohio State
6 Hous Lee Colburn South Dakota State
7 Mil Clyde Turner Minnesota
8 Phoe Ron Robinson Memphis State
9 Det Ken Brady Michigan
10 Atl James Brown Harvard
11 GS Ron King Florida State
12 Chi Mark Sibley Northwestern
13 Cap Aaron Stewart Richmond
14 NYK George Karl North Carolina
15 Mil Harry Rogers St. Louis
16 LAL Larry Finch Memphis State
17 Bos Richie Fuqua Oral Roberts

Fifth Round
1 Phil Reggie Royals Florida State
2 Port Fran Costello Providence
3 Buff Randy Knoll Marshall
4 Sea Chuck Iverson South Dakota
5 Clev John Coughran California
6 Hous Gary Rhoades Colorado State
7 KC-O M.L. Carr Guilford
8 Phoe Clinton Harris Iowa State
9 Det Henry Wilmore Michigan
10 Atl Dave Winfield Minnesota
11 GS Nate Stephens Long Beach State
12 Chi Ray Simpson Furman
13 Cap Danny Traylor South Carolina
14 NYK Dennis Bell Drake
15 LAL Kresimir Cosic Brigham Young
16 Mil Larry Jackson Northern Illinois
17 Bos Byron Jones San Francisco

Sixth Round
1 Phil Sterling Wright Lincoln
2 Buff Mike Macaluso Canisius
3 Port Neal Jurgensen Oregon State
4 Sea Bill McCoy Northern Iowa
5 Clev Willie Calvert Abilene Christian
6 Hous Tom Peck Eau Claire
7 KC-O Mike Quick San Francisco
8 Phoe Gene Doyle Holy Cross
9 Det Dennis Johnson Ferris State
10 Atl John Williamson New Mexico State
11 GS Bob Lauriski Utah State
12 Chi John Neumann Mississippi
13 Cap Mike Allocco Stonehill
14 NYK Lawrence Lilly Alabama State
15 Mil James Floyd Shaw
16 LAL David Brent Jacksonville
17 Bos Joe Cafferky North Carolina State

Seventh Round
1 Phil James Greene Kentucky Wesleyan
2 Port Larry Hollyfield UCLA
3 Buff Tim Bassett Georgia
4 Sea Jim Andrews Kentucky
5 Clev Larry Farmer UCLA
6 Hous Fred DeVaughn Westmont
7 KC-O Mike Jeffries Missouri
8 Phoe Jerry Bisbano SW Louisiana
9 Det Fred Smiley Northwood Michigan
10 Atl Pete Harris Stephen F. Austin
11 GS Steve Smith Loyola (CA)
12 Chi Billy Harris Northern Illinois
13 Cap Rod Hogue Georgia
14 NYK Mike Moore Manhattan
15 LAL Nate Hawthorne Southern Illinois
16 Mil Eddie Childress Austin Peay
17 Bos Mike Stewart Santa Clara

Eighth Round
1 Phil Dave Langston Drake
2 Buff Carl Jackson St. Bonaventure
3 Port Lendell Resson Eastern Michigan
4 Sea Wardell Jeffries Oklahoma Baptist
5 Clev John Ritter Indiana
6 Hous John Thomas Missouri Southern
7 KC-O Mike Williams Kentucky Wesleyan
8 Phoe Jim Owens Arizona State
9 Det Ben Kelso Central Michigan
10 Atl Tim Dominey Valdosta State
11 GS Jeff Dawson Illinois
12 Chi J. G. Brosterhos Texas
13 Cap Mark Jellison Northeastern
14 NYK Steve Rowell Rhode Island
15 Mil Walt McGrary Tennessee-Chattanooga
16 LAL Roy McPipe Eastern Montana
17 Bos Robert White Sam Houston State

Ninth Round
1 Phil Harvey Catchings Hardin-Simmons
2 Port Mike Contreras Arizona State
3 Buff Bob Fullerton Xavier (OH)
4 Sea Greg Williams Seattle
5 Clev Les Taylor Murray State
6 KC-O James Brown Dartmouth
7 Phoe Sandy Smith Winston-Salem
8 Det Bill Kelgore Michigan State
9 GS Everett Fopma Idaho State
10 Chi Rubin Montanez Duquesne
11 Cap Mike Boylan Assumption
12 NYK Joe Wise Bridgewater State
13 Mil Bob Bocca Quinnipiac
14 Bos Corky Taylor Minnesota

Tenth Round
1 Phil Abe Steward Jacksonville
2 Buff Nick Connor Illinois
3 Port Sam Whitehead Oregon State
4 Sea Bob Bodell Maryland
5 Clev Dean Martin Baldwin-Wallace
6 KC-O Ernie Kusyner Kansas State
7 Phoe Claude White Elmhurst
8 Det Bob Solomon Wayne State
9 GS Fred Lavoroni Santa Clara
10 Chi Russ Hunt Furman
11 Cap Dick Kelly Bay College
12 NYK Ed Fields C.W. Post
13 Mil Ron Battle Sam Houston State
14 Bos Steve Turner Vanderbilt

Eleventh Round
1 Phil Rod Freeman Vanderbilt
2 Port Ed Payne Wake Forest
3 Buff Mike Lee Syracuse
4 Clev Floyd Lewis Harvard
5 Phoe Lynn Greer Virginia State
6 Det Len Paul Akron
7 Cap Dale Adams St. Mary's (MD)
8 NYK Charles Edge LeMoyne-Owen
9 Bos Ed Hastings Villanova

Twelfth Round
1 Phil Connie Warren Xavier (OH)
2 Buff Aaron Covington Canisius
3 Port Rick Holdt North Carolina State
4 Clev Chris McMurray San Diego State
5 Phoe Lyman Williamson Samford
6 Det Clarence Carlisle Ferris State
7 Cap Mike Battle George Washington
8 Bos Bruce Winkler Santa Clara

Thirteenth Round
1 Phil Jim Crawford La Salle
2 Buff Bob Vartanian Buffalo
3 Clev John Pennebacker Hawaii
4 Phoe Kalevi Sarkalahti Brigham Young
5 Cap Chester Davis Morgan State
6 Bos Scott Koelzer Montana State

Fourteenth Round
1 Phil Ernie Johnson Michigan
2 Buff Ron Gilliam Brockport
3 Clev Charles Mitchell Eastern Kentucky
4 Cap Howard White Maryland
5 Bos Rick Williams Iowa

Fifteenth Round
1 Phil Lionel Harris Cincinnati
2 Buff John Fraley Georgia
3 Clev Reese Stovall Pan American
4 Cap W. Shorty Simmons St. Mary's (MD)
5 Bos James Gilchrist Florida Southern

Sixteenth Round
1 Phil Larry Robinson Tennessee
2 Buff John Green Oregon
3 Clev Tom O'Connor Iowa
4 Bos Sam Barber Bethune Cookman

Seventeenth Round
1 Phil Tony Prince St. John's
2 Buff James Garvin Boston University
3 Clev Phil Elderkin Boston University
4 Bos Lamont King Long Beach State

Eighteenth Round
1 Buff Don Johnston North Carolina
2 Bos Peter Gavitt Maine

Nineteenth Round
1 Buff Ron Thornson British Columbia
2 Bos Tom Austin Massachusetts

Twentieth Round
1 Buff Phil Tollestrop Brigham Young
YoDeFoe

Post by YoDeFoe »

According to the article it's about the 40th pick where things start to get screwy and guys are usually better off declining the pick and going undrafted to separately negotiate their contract. Not sure how to fix it - didn't even know it was a thing until a couple of years ago.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

YoDeFoe wrote:
It's common.
I'd totally rather be a UDFA as opposed to a late second rounder. You get no contract leverage and don't get to pick your team as a late rounder.

A UDFA can pick a team that needs them (i.e., TJ and Philly) and gets basically the same contract.
TucsonClip

Post by TucsonClip »

Its common, although more so now with two-way contracts.
"Plus, why would I go to the NBA? Duke players suck in the pros."

-Shane Battier
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Never ever let a chance to shit on a guy who played for the team you supposedly root for slide by Machina. You just go on being you.

Heck, I’m surprised you didn’t take this opportunity to shit on your fellow Wildcat fans while you were at it. You’re slipping....
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
prh

Post by prh »

Chicat wrote:
Never ever let a chance to shit on a guy who played for the team you supposedly root for slide by Machina. You just go on being you.

Heck, I’m surprised you didn’t take this opportunity to shit on your fellow Wildcat fans while you were at it. You’re slipping....
Maybe if we all showed up for summer league games he'd be playing better
SCCats

Post by SCCats »

prh wrote:
Chicat wrote:

Maybe if we all showed up for summer league games he'd be playing better
:lol:

And we'd get to a Rose Bowl
HiCat

Post by HiCat »

Arizona in NBA Summer League: Allonzo Trier explodes for 21 points, 10 rebounds, and 5 assists

https://www.azdesertswarm.com/basketbal ... ract-stats" target="_blank
dovecanyoncat

Post by dovecanyoncat »

Didn't watch that game, and in the only piece of a game I did watch it appeared his teammates never really looked for him. He brought the ball up the court and passed it off and never saw it again. Maybe in this game the lineup was different or the coaching staff tried to get him more action. Way to go Zo!
“Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition …There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect.”

~ Wilhoit's Law
RawleArenas

Post by RawleArenas »

I never was a big fan of Trier's game when he was here, it was more a love/hate relationship. But this clip on Trier's journey to the NBA was quite touching:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQPiS8LaJeU" target="_blank
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Still tweeting and taking it out on fans after a close loss. Xavier 16 comes to mind.

https://nypost.com/2019/01/24/tim-harda ... tter-shot/" target="_blank
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

CalStateTempe wrote:Still tweeting and taking it out on fans after a close loss. Xavier 16 comes to mind.

https://nypost.com/2019/01/24/tim-harda ... tter-shot/" target="_blank
Ehh, Trier sent a private message and the guy screenshotted it and posted it publicly to start ****. Trier should know better, but that's a punk move on the fan's part.
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

When are people going to realize there is no such thing as a private message?

Dumb dumb dumb
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Never interact with fans. Most are entitled dicks.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Postmaster

Post by Postmaster »

I’m surprised to learn John Ritter was drafted in 8th round and then chose to join the cast of Three’s Company
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

https://www.azdesertswarm.com/basketbal ... l=1*gazi6c*" target="_blank

Not sure this would come across as surprising too many on this board
Last edited by azcat49 on Tue Apr 16, 2019 6:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Gee hero ball, failing to pass to the open man with the higher percentage shot, and a negative defensive plus minus, yup nothing surprising here. A potential cancerous, ahem mercurial, player as noted by teammates. Past predicts future results.
TucsonClip

Post by TucsonClip »

Who the fuck cares what Trey Burke and Tim Hardaway Jr. think?
"Plus, why would I go to the NBA? Duke players suck in the pros."

-Shane Battier
U.P. Zona Fan

Post by U.P. Zona Fan »

Yes esp. since they are traded away now.
Arizona State might have the most surprisingly anemic history in men's basketball of any program that you might think is better than it is.
-Norlander.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

NBA players pissed off because they can’t pad their stats so they can rake in millions? Shocking...

Oh by the way, Trey Burke is a point guard who averaged under 3 assists but took over 11 shots in 20 minutes per game his last year before the Knicks traded him. Trier took less shots playing slightly more minutes (8 shots in 22 minutes per game) and averaged only one less assist. So maybe Trey Burke should shut the fuck up about Trier playing “hero ball” or whatever.

Trier played his fucking heart out for that shitty team. And he reps Arizona in a big way.
KillerKlown

Post by KillerKlown »

I agree. Those Knicks veterans have other things to worry about this offseason than some undrafted rookie taking 8 shots a game, like not getting drafted over.
Mike Luke's burner account.
KillerKlown

Post by KillerKlown »

That "cancerous" play of his earned him an NBA contract.
Mike Luke's burner account.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

Now that's a non-story. What's next? An article about a member of the Suns or Cavs or some other shit organization who keeps his per diems instead buying his teammates a round?