F*ck Larry Scott

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

Chicat

Re: F*ck Larry Scott

Post by Chicat »

Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Newportcat

Post by Newportcat »

Why would John insult Larry Scott that way

I mean Larry was worried about getting back to his private Jet to fly home and not answering some dumb questions like “Why are you using PAC 12 funds to constantly fly on a private Jet”
2004 First Team All American Football Poster as voted on by GOAZCATS
catgrad97

Post by catgrad97 »

Chicat wrote:
Sounds like a typical white-collar Stonewall Jackoff.
KillerKlown

Post by KillerKlown »

Larry doesn't care if the conference is successful like the SEC or B1G just as long as he is. He's a hack but a rich one thanks to PAC12 Conf. leaders.

Just Larry being bitchy again...
Mike Luke's burner account.
U.P. Zona Fan

Post by U.P. Zona Fan »

Chicat wrote:
Spaceman Spiff wrote:I'm watching P12 and there's a really high amount of commercials where Pat Boone pushes his book on the government's war on cash and how you need to buy gold.

I guess advertisers ain't lining up, so you have to go with crazy conspiracy theory books to snatch money from the elderly.
Obviously the channel is in the lowest programmatic ad tier due to shit ratings. The direct buys are local (Tucson ads during UA games) because there isn’t a national footprint.

They can’t be making shit on ads.
Maybe when I get my vinyard/winery/cider mill/sugar shack/micro brew/local crafts gift shop up and running, I'll get to market it out west to bring tourism to the area with some dirt cheap ad time.

Yay Larry, way to support my dreams!!!

Edit: and apiary.
Arizona State might have the most surprisingly anemic history in men's basketball of any program that you might think is better than it is.
-Norlander.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

The Pac 12 betting on itself instead of giving the conference network to ESPN to fix may be the most head in the sand business decision considering the conference's current situation and overall fan apathy. It'll be the power 4 before you know it.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

ChooChooCat wrote:The Pac 12 betting on itself instead of giving the conference network to ESPN to fix may be the most head in the sand business decision considering the conference's current situation and overall fan apathy. It'll be the power 4 before you know it.
It’s already the Power 4. They just haven’t rebranded yet.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

Chicat wrote:
ChooChooCat wrote:The Pac 12 betting on itself instead of giving the conference network to ESPN to fix may be the most head in the sand business decision considering the conference's current situation and overall fan apathy. It'll be the power 4 before you know it.
It’s already the Power 4. They just haven’t rebranded yet.
Just wait until you see UCLA's hire. That alone shows how far off this conference has dropped from the rest.
IrishAzCat

Post by IrishAzCat »

Merkin

Post by Merkin »

^

Irish always brings it!
PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

Chicat wrote:
well that's surprisingly honest of scott :lol:
It's long past time to bring this back to the court, let's do it with a small update:

UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Haha, the Pac employs a whole host of people who couldn’t find their ass with both hands.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Just my two cents, but if Larry Scott wasn't an incomptent boob and had partnered the P12 Network with ESPN/FOX, we wouldn't be the national whipping boy for the FBI scandal nearly to the extent we are.

Notice how the school that gets trashed the worst is the one whose conference is least tied to ESPN, FOX and other big networks financially? If we go down, the main CBB cash cows for the networks ripping us remain unaffected.

So thanks again, Larry. The P12 Network is the gift that keeps on giving, and not because we're getting money or because I have any ****ing clue where it is buried in my cable package when it's not basketball season.
84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

I agree 100% spiff. It has been obvious ever since Dickie V started going after CSM that if we were on ESPN, he wouldn't be doing what he did. Not much we can do about it though
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

TheCat

Post by TheCat »

That is not a Larry Scott problem it is the universities president's problem. Start putting heat on them to be financial responsible and tell them to demand that Larry make progress if he is to keep his M****F***** job. Does he have a contract that requires compensation if the PAC fires him?
IrishAzCat

Post by IrishAzCat »

SCCats

Post by SCCats »

Merkin wrote:
What. the. fuck.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Someone should retreat that to all 12 university presidents.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

prh

Post by prh »

Anyone at an investment group should be fired for pursuing investment in the Pac12
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

prh wrote:Anyone at an investment group should be fired for pursuing investment in the Pac12
Every one in the Pac-12 should be fired for pursuing an investment.
azcat34

Post by azcat34 »

Doesn't the concept of amateur athletics get even more far-fetched when a conference can accept an investment of $750M+?
legallykenny

Post by legallykenny »

prh wrote:Anyone at an investment group should be fired for pursuing investment in the Pac12
I assume the first stip from every single one of them is fire Larry Scott.

Also wouldn't put it past these shitheads to take 3 $250 million bids and make the statement that they have bids for $750 million in hand.

Going to be fucking hilarious when they accept a lower deal that allows current conference management to stay in place and Larry makes some statement about the need to maintain conference management to protect the integrity of the student athletes.
PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

azcat34 wrote:Doesn't the concept of amateur athletics get even more far-fetched when a conference can accept an investment of $750M+?
yes
It's long past time to bring this back to the court, let's do it with a small update:

SCCats

Post by SCCats »

legallykenny wrote:
I assume the first stip from every single one of them is fire Larry Scott.

Also wouldn't put it past these shitheads to take 3 $250 million bids and make the statement that they have bids for $750 million in hand.

Going to be fucking hilarious when they accept a lower deal that allows current conference management to stay in place and Larry makes some statement about the need to maintain conference management to protect the integrity of the student athletes.
It's going to be even more hilarious when, after Larry has destroyed the value of the asset as he has, he sells the future revenue streams out to someone (at a reduced price because he's fucked things up so badly) who then turns his mess around and makes this thing very, very profitable, and that money then goes into the investor's pockets instead of the schools.
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

So Larry has done some good things and some bad things lately as part of PAC-12 Media Days

Positive
2020-2021 CCG to be played in Las Vegas
Willing to implemented changes suggested regarding officiating by an third party

Negatives
Saying the PAC-12 officiating is top notch
Saying 9am kickoffs are a possibility this season

The 9am kickoffs are a disaster unless you are on the World Wide Leader of Fraud or Fox or CBS. There is very little chance those networks would choose to air PAC-12 games over SEC or Big Ten games in that slot. Having a 9am kickoff on PAC-12 network would be absolutely unacceptable
2018 Bear Down Wildcats Conference Championship Challenge Champion
RichardCranium

Post by RichardCranium »

ChooChooCat wrote:
This.
Any sufficiently advanced troll is indistinguishable from a genuine kook.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

PHXCATS wrote: The 9am kickoffs are a disaster unless you are on the World Wide Leader of Fraud or Fox or CBS. There is very little chance those networks would choose to air PAC-12 games over SEC or Big Ten games in that slot. Having a 9am kickoff on PAC-12 network would be absolutely unacceptable
To Larry's credit, if the 9am kickoff stuff happens it'll be a FOX game, not a Pac 12 Network game. He said as much. Fox has never had a slot that early, so that's why it's a possibility.
goslingswagg

Post by goslingswagg »

ChooChooCat wrote:
I can't even begin to understand why anyone at the PAC thinks this is a good idea....accepting a PE investment is going to be the downfall of this conference IMO.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

goslingswagg wrote:
ChooChooCat wrote:
I can't even begin to understand why anyone at the PAC thinks this is a good idea....accepting a PE investment is going to be the downfall of this conference IMO.
After hiring Larry Scott of course.
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

ChooChooCat wrote:
PHXCATS wrote: The 9am kickoffs are a disaster unless you are on the World Wide Leader of Fraud or Fox or CBS. There is very little chance those networks would choose to air PAC-12 games over SEC or Big Ten games in that slot. Having a 9am kickoff on PAC-12 network would be absolutely unacceptable
To Larry's credit, if the 9am kickoff stuff happens it'll be a FOX game, not a Pac 12 Network game. He said as much. Fox has never had a slot that early, so that's why it's a possibility.
Yeah I saw it was only Fox that the discussions have been had with. I think that Fox picks a Big 12 or Big Ten game most times in that slot but I can see one or two PAC-12 games this year being in it but that is all.
2018 Bear Down Wildcats Conference Championship Challenge Champion
legallykenny

Post by legallykenny »

goslingswagg wrote:
ChooChooCat wrote:
Does anyone know exactly what the PE investor would be buying? Hypothetically, if the CA schools, the AZ schools, CU/Utah and Texas/OU left the PAC/BIG-12 and formed a new SWAC, could they just walk and re-sell their rights?
YoDeFoe

Post by YoDeFoe »

legallykenny wrote:
goslingswagg wrote:
ChooChooCat wrote:
Does anyone know exactly what the PE investor would be buying? Hypothetically, if the CA schools, the AZ schools, CU/Utah and Texas/OU left the PAC/BIG-12 and formed a new SWAC, could they just walk and re-sell their rights?
Essentially, the PE group would buy a right to a portion of the revenue stream. Personally if I was the Pac-12 I would prefer that to be preferred equity with a stated return - something like buying a bond as an individual investor. The investor would have known quarterly dividend payments for a known term. The Pac-12 in turn would get a one time financial windfall and would retain the upside of future cash flow.

I have no idea how the Pac-12 would secure the investment... one would assume that an exit of one or more schools, while unlikely, would be defined as some sort of reduction in collateral value (meaning that the Pac-12 would need to payback the investment in whole or in part, most likely, or some other more creative solution to secure the investment like increasing the PE ownership share in the remaining conference).

Most importantly - I have no idea why the Pac-12 needs to sell a portion of our future revenue for cash today. It's a loan, in essence, and looking around the league I see no reason why we'd need to take one out.
* Individual schools seem to be making good investments in their facilities, so no crushing need there.
* Limited cash flow is a result of the poor distribution of the Pac-12 network, which a cash infusion won't fix.
* Current cash on hand is far less of a concern than current cash flow, which trails other conferences - so why further reduce our future cash flow?

Selling a portion of the revenue to a distribution channel like Fox Sports or ESPN would at least fix the distribution problem - that's why we've seen other conferences go that route. But a PE group? What benefit do they bring besides cash today that we don't need and fees for those managing the transaction?

The most benevolent explanation is that the Pac-12 Network would put the cash to use in upgrading its own programing... which, sure I wish the stream didn't suck, but also JFC we should not be doubling down on developing content. The content is on the field/diamond/court. It's distribution that we need.

The less benevolent explanation is that Larry Scott and others will get bonuses and fees and the Pac-12 will have a reduction in future cash flow because who in charge really fucking cares about this conference.
catgrad97

Post by catgrad97 »

What I took out of it is that Larry Scott is out of excuses for the inferior revenue numbers and so has been forced to dial 877-CASH-NOW.
dmjcat

Post by dmjcat »

Larrys a popular guy everywhere in the PAC12

https://www.seattlepi.com/sports/uw_hus ... 130093.php" target="_blank
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Larry Scott is a Failure Mammal.
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

Destroyed the conference
TheCat

Post by TheCat »

On sports radio in SoCal they said the Oregon/Auburn game is huge for the conference and especially Scott because there is open speculation he is out at the end of the year without big improvements in the conference. Anyone also hear this?
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

TheCat wrote:On sports radio in SoCal they said the Oregon/Auburn game is huge for the conference and especially Scott because there is open speculation he is out at the end of the year without big improvements in the conference. Anyone also hear this?
I don't know if he's actually out, but this is one of the worst stretches for Pac football/basketball in my lifetime.
ByJoveByJingle

Post by ByJoveByJingle »

What’s the opposite of a Pyrrhic Victory? Let’s cheer for an Oregon loss, if it achieves the larger victory of putting an end to the reign of fecklessness.
SCCats

Post by SCCats »

ByJoveByJingle wrote:What’s the opposite of a Pyrrhic Victory? Let’s cheer for an Oregon loss, if it achieves the larger victory of putting an end to the reign of fecklessness.
Absolutely.

Larry Scott is a cancer.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

This conference has just become a flaming dumpster fire of irrelevance under Scott. Remember like 10 years ago when we were getting like 7 teams into the NCAA tournament and we had national title contenders for football every year? Now the PAC 12 is hard to describe as even being a power conference. We're more aligned with the AACs, Mountain Wests and A10s of the world. Financially as well.
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

We should just relinquish the name and become the new WAC
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Wish I could find the article but Scott was asked if his leadership was why AZ lost to Hawaii. He threw all the coaches in the conference under the bus by saying he doesn’t hire the coaches or recruit the players. The article went on to say by comparison the the SEC Commish regularly goes to each school and asks them what they need to win.

Larry just can’t get out of his own way. With UCLA Losing tonight and I will bet Auburn beats Oregon, maybe we can stick a fork in this fool
Last edited by azcat49 on Thu Aug 29, 2019 7:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

I’ve heard we are huge in China.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

I've heard we're huge on the PAC-12 Network.
scumdevils86

Post by scumdevils86 »

Longhorned wrote:I've heard we're huge on the PAC-12 Network.
Definitely true for the 12 people that get it! But hey, at least you're here in AZ now and can get it. When I move to Wisconsin I guess I'll need to keep sling in case I actually want to watch us look awful at 1 am.