10 year predictions for Arizona Basketball?

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

NYCat

10 year predictions for Arizona Basketball?

Post by NYCat »

As the basketball season nears and the year almost ends; thought this might be kinda fun what everyone thinks will happen ten years down the road - and look back on in 2025 (if the board/community exsists).

I think we are entering a decade of great basketball for the university of Arizona. And to be honest I would've loved if when GoAzCats was created ('03 iirc) there was predictions for the future ('13). I bet everyone would've thought another final four and great teams. But no one could've predicted the whole Lute debacle, tournament violations, the whole interim coaches thing, etc.

Take it as seriously or as casual as you'd like
Last edited by NYCat on Fri Nov 07, 2014 12:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
NYCat

Re: By 2025 What are your predictions for Arizona Basketball

Post by NYCat »

Here are mine:

• Arizona will have won at least one title and at least one National runner up.

• Multiple Final Fours (3+), 6+ conference titles

• Sean Miller with constant success & support along w/ multiple great/very good teams will still be here.

• Arizona's Miller led teams won't have early exits like those of Lute

• Miller's recruiting will have slip somewhat. Its hard to recruit at such at high level and kill yourself working hard for that long. He'll still get a 5* or two every class but those days of 3-5 5*s will be gone.

• 2 year NBA rule

• There will be a big player controversy, who's either a bust, dumb, kicked off, violations etc. Official Meltdown mega thread is of course there

• Arizona fan base will have survived and have meltdowns after Kentucky, Duke, North Carolina, Kansas have Head Coach vacancies.
Spreadsheets will be created.

• Arizona will lose a heartbreaking loss
Last edited by NYCat on Fri Nov 07, 2014 10:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
AZCatGirl

Post by AZCatGirl »

NYCat wrote:• Arizona basketball could be in trouble if football doesn't succeed
I don't understand this one. Why would basketball potentially be in trouble if RichRod can't get the football team to where we all want it to be? I can't see basketball revenue going down over the next 10 years.
“The reality is that the hardest games to win are over teams on their home court. Teams that don’t play those games can spin it however they want, but what they’re saying is, ‘We don’t want to lose in our non conference season.’" - Sean Miller
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

I will be using my flying car to get to games and have my robot servant with me.
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
ghostwhitehorse

Post by ghostwhitehorse »

Crows will begin their ascendancy to the top of the food chain.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

As far as people clamoring for a new mckale, I ddoubt anything like that will happen within 20 years. In 2025 we'll only be about 8 years removed from the final touches being done on the huge mckale renovations and expansion. Mckale will be the arena until probably 2035 at least.
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

Games will be shot from multiple, fixed camera angles to make players 3-d objects. So instead of watching games on a flat screen while sitting on a couch, you'll put on a pair of viewing goggles and watch the game from the perspective of anywhere on the court, with the players all around you. During the first 3-D broadcast, you'll go running around your back yard to keep up with the game, and you'll blindly run into the grill, bouncing off it and collapsing the patio table and going to the hospital.
Last edited by Longhorned on Tue Nov 04, 2014 9:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
3goggles

Post by 3goggles »

Longhorned wrote:Games will be shot from multiple, fixed camera angles to make players 3-d objects. So instead of watching games on a flat screen while sitting on a couch, you'll put on a pair of viewing goggles and watch the game from the perspective of anywhere on the court, with the players all around you. During the first 3-D broadcast, you'll go running around your back yard to keep up with game, and you'll blindly run into the grill, bouncing off it and collapsing the patio table and going to the hospital.
HAHA!
salim'sheadband

Post by salim'sheadband »

But what will it be like...in the year 2525...

Bosy Billups

Post by Bosy Billups »

- There will be chemistry issues, still.
gumby

Post by gumby »

1. Wildcat Nation will continue to turn its lonely eyes to hoops ... woo-woo-woo ... just after the World Series.
2. Honor the Process will replace Bear Down.
3. Gumby will follow the Cats on road trips in his RV, while sucking working stiffs dry with his Social Security/Medicare benefits.
4. "Senior Discounts" will be a thread title, with heavy action from Merkin, EOCT and me.
5. AS NYCats suggests, newspapers and current media platforms will die out. This will happen. Defiantly. Amateurs will take over, and I will mock their writing ceaselessly.
6. ACE will emerge from a 10-year stretch to resume the chairmanship of his media empire.
7. Percy will continue posting at TOS.
8. Larry Scott will die. A day later, the conference and DirecTV, now owned by ACE, will announce a deal.
9. Winger will come up with metrics that make watching games a formality. The thread will be titled "Spoiler Alert!"
10. The anti-Wildcat conspiracy among the media and refs will be revealed as part of U.N. Agenda 21.
11. We will regain our sovereignty, thanks to the investigative posting of standernotsitter.
12. Top Ten lists will make a comeback.
Last edited by gumby on Tue Nov 04, 2014 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Right where I want to be.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

13. Gumby will still not have repeated his shocking and memorable one-time use of a contraction instead of a possessive in his now infamous list of predictions posted back in November of 2014.
gumby

Post by gumby »

14. Prove it! :)
Right where I want to be.
Puerco

Post by Puerco »

gumby wrote:5. AS NYCats suggests, newspapers and current media platforms will die out. This will happen. Defiantly. Amateurs will take over, and I will mock their writing ceaselessly.
This made me laugh. Alot.
'A parent is the one person who is supposed to make their kid think they can do anything. Says they're beautiful even when they're ugly. Thinks they're smart even when they go to Arizona State.' -- Jack Donaghy
UofAlum05

Post by UofAlum05 »

I will set up a recurring donation of $1 million a year to Arizona Athletics. This of course will equal about 1% of my salary by 2025.
Katzenfreund

Post by Katzenfreund »

Last edited by Katzenfreund on Thu May 07, 2015 4:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
catgrad97

Post by catgrad97 »

1. Arizona basketball will be the unquestioned dominant program in college sports with at least three titles in the past 10 years. John Wooden comparisons abound. Lute agrees.
2. The Cats beat an NBA franchise in at least one exhibition.
3. Kaleb Tarczewski goes up for his B.A. in business and gets it stripped. Fortunately, he gets it back from the line...going into the Administration building.
4. Old Main is renamed Jack Furrier's Western Peach Basket.
5. Larry Scott is called to testify before a Congressional antitrust committee on collusion among the Power 5. Takes the fifth, then forces his football director of officials to resign after he privately calls newly-re-elected Illinois Sen. Barack Obama "uppity."
6. Chris Rodgers is fired from his middle school basketball coaching job in Portland for refusing to give up the basketball.
7. T.J. McConnell wins three titles for Jugoplastika Split. Bosnians simply call him EuroNash.
8. The Rondae Shimmy is featured on a Geico ad. Miles Simon sues for theft of intellectual property, using the 1997 North Carolina Final Four game as evidence.
9. Stanley Johnson wins the NCAA title his freshman year. Stays in college until, he says, "somebody proves they can beat us."
10. In one of the hidden incentive clauses in his 2020 contract extension, Sean Miller will be referred to henceforth as Savior of the Universe.
Katzenfreund

Post by Katzenfreund »

Last edited by Katzenfreund on Thu May 07, 2015 4:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
97cats

Post by 97cats »

Final Four
CBCat

Re: 10 year predictions for Arizona Basketball?

Post by CBCat »

I will have the coolest frickin crash pad in Tucson custom designed by....ME. Will attend all home games until I'm 100 and definitly not be spending either Sept nor Oct in Cali or Arizona.

Officially burnt out of the heat but never Arizona Basketball.

"crap still 13 years away from retirement, 8 if I'm lucky"
CBCat

Post by CBCat »

catgrad97 wrote:1. Arizona basketball will be the unquestioned dominant program in college sports with at least three titles in the past 10 years. John Wooden comparisons abound. Lute agrees.
2. The Cats beat an NBA franchise in at least one exhibition.
3. Kaleb Tarczewski goes up for his B.A. in business and gets it stripped. Fortunately, he gets it back from the line...going into the Administration building.
4. Old Main is renamed Jack Furrier's Western Peach Basket.
5. Larry Scott is called to testify before a Congressional antitrust committee on collusion among the Power 5. Takes the fifth, then forces his football director of officials to resign after he privately calls newly-re-elected Illinois Sen. Barack Obama "uppity."
6. Chris Rodgers is fired from his middle school basketball coaching job in Portland for refusing to give up the basketball.
7. T.J. McConnell wins three titles for Jugoplastika Split. Bosnians simply call him EuroNash.
8. The Rondae Shimmy is featured on a Geico ad. Miles Simon sues for theft of intellectual property, using the 1997 North Carolina Final Four game as evidence.
9. Stanley Johnson wins the NCAA title his freshman year. Stays in college until, he says, "somebody proves they can beat us."
10. In one of the hidden incentive clauses in his 2020 contract extension, Sean Miller will be referred to henceforth as Savior of the Universe.
Scratch my last post.

Savior of the Universe indeed!
CBCat

Post by CBCat »

Longhorned wrote:Games will be shot from multiple, fixed camera angles to make players 3-d objects. So instead of watching games on a flat screen while sitting on a couch, you'll put on a pair of viewing goggles and watch the game from the perspective of anywhere on the court, with the players all around you. During the first 3-D broadcast, you'll go running around your back yard to keep up with the game, and you'll blindly run into the grill, bouncing off it and collapsing the patio table and going to the hospital.

This is very interesting indeed. Beginning to question why I understand everyone of your posts.
CBCat

Post by CBCat »

Bosy Billups wrote:- There will be chemistry issues, still.

HAHA! So true so true.

Nothing like a coach....coaching.