Max Hazzard

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

NickyBCats

Max Hazzard

Post by NickyBCats »

Out for personal reasons. WTF is going on?
azcat49

Re: Max Hazzard

Post by azcat49 »

Heard he has chosen to sit out the rest of the season. Must talk to Akot
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Jesus...
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

chosen to sit out the rest of the way? including playoffs?
It's long past time to bring this back to the court, let's do it with a small update:

NickyBCats

Post by NickyBCats »

Not on bench at all. Jeter isn’t dressed but still on bench.
AZCatGirl

Post by AZCatGirl »

What's the point of sitting out the rest of the year when it's your last? What exactly is going on behind the scenes??
“The reality is that the hardest games to win are over teams on their home court. Teams that don’t play those games can spin it however they want, but what they’re saying is, ‘We don’t want to lose in our non conference season.’" - Sean Miller
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

Do not assume this is Max's decision.
pc in NM

Post by pc in NM »

if this is accurate, he shouldn’t even be in McKale on “Senior Night”...
“If you have the choice between humble and cocky, go with cocky. There's always time to be humble later, once you've been proven horrendously, irrevocably wrong.”

― Kinky Friedman
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

Program is a god damn fucking mess.
Statfreak77

Post by Statfreak77 »

Alieberman wrote:Do not assume this is Max's decision.
Then what are we to assume?
AZCatGirl

Post by AZCatGirl »

Yeah, if this is Miller's decision, then wouldn't he be suspended like Jeter?
“The reality is that the hardest games to win are over teams on their home court. Teams that don’t play those games can spin it however they want, but what they’re saying is, ‘We don’t want to lose in our non conference season.’" - Sean Miller
Statfreak77

Post by Statfreak77 »

Out last Thursday due to personal reasons, fully dressed for the game and on the bench.

Out this Thursday due to personal reasons, nowhere to be found.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Our seniors are supposed to be leaders.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Saw something on twitter, don't remember the source, that Max wanted his last game to be v. UCLA to honor his grandfather.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Merkin wrote:Saw something on twitter, don't remember the source, that Max wanted his last game to be v. UCLA to honor his grandfather.
So if we play sUCLA in the PAC tourney he’s gonna suit up and play?

No thank you.
eoe

Post by eoe »

Energizers like Hazzard are critical for the NCAAs...

A couple of 3s can turn a game. The depth has been totally shredded from last year to this year (Williams, Doutrive, Jeter, Hazzard)

They want to run on offense and it fits the team’s players better, but first time I see so many guys ask out for being winded
RiseAndFire

Post by RiseAndFire »

Good job sean you ran another player off #acoachesprogram. Hazzard no doubt tired if being run over in the media by bus-driver Miller and then asked to come in and improve our putrid 3pt shooting

Hazzard, Akot, Doutrive, Simon, Chol can you blame them?
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

RiseAndFire wrote:Good job sean
Are you under the impression he reads this board or would be interested in what a moronic troll like you has to say?
Statfreak77

Post by Statfreak77 »

If you would read the posts by his brother, Jake, you would know that Max and his family were never happy with his role with Arizona under Miller.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

Chicat wrote:Our seniors are supposed to be leaders.
When Dylan Smith is the only senior that tries to lead in his own way it's pretty bad. Stone's a good dude, but that's not his personality.
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

It is.
zonagrad

Post by zonagrad »

I don’t know how Hazzard can have any different role. He’s undersized and not a great defender. Did he expect to start at Arizona? This isn’t the Big West Conference where you’re guarding other guys who are 5’10”.
He is what he is: a good shooter who can’t guard.
NickyBCats

Post by NickyBCats »

ChooChooCat wrote:
It is.

Is he sitting out cause something is actually going on in life or is he just sitting or quit because he’s not happy?
pokinmik

Post by pokinmik »

zonagrad wrote:I don’t know how Hazzard can have any different role. He’s undersized and not a great defender. Did he expect to start at Arizona? This isn’t the Big West Conference where you’re guarding other guys who are 5’10”.
He is what he is: a good shooter who can’t guard.
Haha yea I hate this situation if it is indeed beef between miller and him/his family. But max was always going to be a spark plug off the bench, 7th/8th man at best. Especially when he signed up before our roster got decimated.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Statfreak77 wrote:If you would read the posts by his brother, Jake, you would know that Max and his family were never happy with his role with Arizona under Miller.

I think 15 minutes a game is to be expected or even generous for a mid major player. UCI is not Kentucky where Baker now gets 19 minutes.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

So Max and his family thought he was entitled to more minutes?

If so, I truly hope that’s not the attitude he takes into adulthood. The world can be a very cruel place and owes no one anything.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

Statfreak77 wrote:If you would read the posts by his brother, Jake, you would know that Max and his family were never happy with his role with Arizona under Miller.
If that's true and he's quitting because of it, then he loses all benefit of the doubt in the question of whose fault this is.
StickItInTheyFace

Post by StickItInTheyFace »

God I was so excited for him to be here. If the UCLA game is the last time I'll see him play then thats incredibly sad and disappointing.
SabinoDrifter

Post by SabinoDrifter »

Longhorned wrote:
If that's true and he's quitting because of it, then he loses all benefit of the doubt in the question of whose fault this is.
And I applaud Sean for calling his bluff. If you're pissed off about your role in late February, GTFO.
zonagrad

Post by zonagrad »

This late in the season, with post season success or failure at stake, it’s petty and selfish to act this way. How can he look his teammates in the eye? Why would you want him in the foxhole with you? I get frustration about playing time, transferring for better opportunities, etc... But in early March you don’t pull this shit. Not on your teammates and also not on the fans. Fuck that.
Jefe

Post by Jefe »

Where?
EVCat

Post by EVCat »

Jefe wrote:
Where?
Twitter. It was uncomfortable when it was going on.
Statfreak77

Post by Statfreak77 »

Jake would subtweet about players, Miller, etc. all the time - it was Tre Mason like, to be honest.

In the instances where Miller would bench or not play Hazzard for extended periods of time, Jake would definitely let his disgust be known via Twitter.
NickyBCats

Post by NickyBCats »

Max playing today?
Postmaster

Post by Postmaster »

I can see where he felt that he should have replaced Green last week. Guard for guard.
Clearly he has butted heads with CSM a lot.

But I’m not sure why anyone comes here thinking it will be an open offens with plenty of shots to go around.
Dave

Post by Dave »

Come on Max! Quitting gets you nowhere. Man up! I don't care how hard this season has been for you. You will regret this for a lifetime.
zonagrad

Post by zonagrad »

At this point, how can teammates or coaching staff trust Max Hazzard. You’re either all in, or your out.
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

There's a nary a whisper of this on the interwebs. Sorta thinking he's not playing today (or the rest of the season), but who knows.
AZCatGirl

Post by AZCatGirl »

Just wish they'd say for the season.
NickyBCats

Post by NickyBCats »

He’s out tonight again but he’s there getting honored for senior night. Is he going to play in postseason or these “personal issues” gonna be season ending?
VegasCatFan

Post by VegasCatFan »

From what I was told, he’ll never play another game with the Cats.
TheCat

Post by TheCat »

Have you seen his decision making? Check out right before half of the ASU game. Who cares what Max or his family or brother want. His play could have earned him a BIG role but he didn't. Nothing given here. He is an idiot if he is holding out for some reason which it appears he is.......
ChooChooCat

Post by ChooChooCat »

TheCat wrote:
Have you seen his decision making? Check out right before half of the ASU game. Who cares what Max or his family or brother want. His play could have earned him a BIG role but he didn't. Nothing given here. He is an idiot if he is holding out for some reason which it appears he is.......
He's not holding out for anything.