Kadeem Allen

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

Olsondogg

Kadeem Allen

Post by Olsondogg »

“It’s all about sacrifices,” Allen said. “We’re all in. ... We’re all sticking together, and we’re gonna get it done this year.

Q & A with the Star:

How do you like it at Arizona so far after playing at a junior college in Kansas?

A: It’s different. Real hot here, it’s different here. More people, different environment, the coaching staff is way different. I’m real happy.

How was your experience with junior college?

A: It was fun, but being there was hectic sometimes. Sometimes, you want to give up and leave, and quit, but I just had to stick it out to get here.

Why did you ultimately choose to play at Arizona?

A: Coach Miller and the assistants are great coaches, they stay on top of you, on top of everything you do. Make sure you have everything in order and that’s the difference between this and any other school.

What’s it like practicing against a team with so much talent top-to-bottom?

A: It’s great. Everyone’s getting better every day. We’re gonna push every day. Coach Miller is pushing us the best we can be pushed, the hardest we can be pushed, and every day we’re just scrambling and going out there and competing.

After dominating so much for your team at Hutchinson, what’s it like having some other talented guys you can lean on?

A: It’s great knowing that all the pressure is really off you. You have a team around you. Everyone believing and trusting in your team that they can get it done. It’s what we saw last year, and bringing in five, six other guys is a great addition to the team.
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
HiCat

Re: Kadeem Allen

Post by HiCat »

I hope he figures out Miller's system quickly and gets some playing time. He looks
like a gamer.

article dated Oct 29, 2013
http://tucsoncitizen.com/wildcatreport/ ... -a-player/
UAEebs86

Re: Ka'Deem Allen

Post by UAEebs86 »

No apostrophe or capital D necessary.
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

Those are some pretty pointed yet indirect questions. Might as well have just come right out with it: "What's it like to go from the big fish in a small pond to riding pine?"
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

It’s what we saw last year, and bringing in five, six other guys is a great addition to the team.

Who is answering that question? Allen was tearing up the Jayhawk conference last year.

Side note, Kadeem was 1890th in the conference last year picking up fouls. Either he is very good at defense, or he is not playing defense. Probably the latter, at the insistence of his coach in not fouling out.
BigSkyCatinMT

Post by BigSkyCatinMT »

Merkin wrote:It’s what we saw last year, and bringing in five, six other guys is a great addition to the team.

Who is answering that question? Allen was tearing up the Jayhawk conference last year.

Side note, Kadeem was 1890th in the conference last year picking up fouls. Either he is very good at defense, or he is not playing defense. Probably the latter, at the insistence of his coach in not fouling out.

Funny that for all his offensive exploits, he is known as a great defender.
formerly, UA Direct, mtzwami, SnowCat, MontanaCat. should cover every forum I've been on in the last 19 years.
jsbowl16

Post by jsbowl16 »

Did he red shirt or did I miss something? I didn't know if he needed to red shirt because of the transfer. I didn't see him in the game at all tonight.
CBCat

Post by CBCat »

What is his number? Did he play?
I totally forgot about him?
jsbowl16

Post by jsbowl16 »

CBCat wrote:What is his number? Did he play?
I totally forgot about him?
I saw him on the bench next to Korcheck but I had no idea why he didn't play. I thought he was eligible to play this year.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Word is he's redshirting.
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
jsbowl16

Post by jsbowl16 »

ASUHATER! wrote:Word is he's redshirting.
From Miller's presser it sounds like they are going to red shirt him but they will decide before the first game.
CBCat

Post by CBCat »

jsbowl16 wrote:
ASUHATER! wrote:Word is he's redshirting.
From Miller's presser it sounds like they are going to red shirt him but they will decide before the first game.
Yep
Irish27

Post by Irish27 »

2019 & 2021 Basketball RAP Winner/2022 Football RAP Winner
3goggles

Post by 3goggles »

A red shirt would be a great thing for him and us! We have a log jam at the 2 right now and could use his scoring the next 2 years! Perfect scenario!
Main Event

Post by Main Event »

We'll still have Gabe/Pitts/Trier next year
catgrad97

Post by catgrad97 »

Makes sense, as long as somebody can be a second option at point guard next year.

Don't care if it's Kadeem, Pitts, Trier, Simon or Hazzard at this point--somebody needs to keep the O going and/or push Parker Jackson-Cartwright after this season. Biggest question mark I have for '15 at this point.
CBCat

Post by CBCat »

Main Event wrote:We'll still have Gabe/Pitts/Trier next year
and he's still got two more years in the program beyond that year. He's got all the opportunity in front of him.
Aren't these the type of guys, given this one and done or two and done atomosphere, you need in your program?
Method to the madness. no?
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

First year players can still play in exhibition games even if they are going to redshirt so would have liked to see him in garbage time.
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

Merkin wrote:First year players can still play in exhibition games even if they are going to redshirt so would have liked to see him in garbage time.

From a fan's perspective I can see this. Miller was treating this as a real game in pretty much every sense...he probably substituted more than he would have normally, but he stated that it made no sense to play Allen if he is planning on redshirting, cause he wouldn't be able to in a normal game.
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
UAGreg

Post by UAGreg »

Olsondogg wrote:
Merkin wrote:First year players can still play in exhibition games even if they are going to redshirt so would have liked to see him in garbage time.

From a fan's perspective I can see this. Miller was treating this as a real game in pretty much every sense...he probably substituted more than he would have normally, but he stated that it made no sense to play Allen if he is planning on redshirting, cause he wouldn't be able to in a normal game.
Yup. Why take valuable PT away from some other guys that will actually play this year?
Bear Down Vegas

Post by Bear Down Vegas »

Plus, that gives Allen & Anderson a brotherhood/partnership situation this season...both working on helping the team from practice & preparing to take leadership roles next season - much like TJ did. I think it's cool as hell Kadeem is buying in.
gumby

Post by gumby »

It's a measure of our depth that I didn't even notice his absence.
Right where I want to be.
gumby

Post by gumby »

catgrad97 wrote:Makes sense, as long as somebody can be a second option at point guard next year.

Don't care if it's Kadeem, Pitts, Trier, Simon or Hazzard at this point--somebody needs to keep the O going and/or push Parker Jackson-Cartwright after this season. Biggest question mark I have for '15 at this point.
I'll Hazzard a guess. Not him.
Jefe

Post by Jefe »

I guess Coach isn't worried about putting up points. PJC did OK but am I wrong in thinking Kadeem couldn't backup TJ?
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Jefe wrote:I guess Coach isn't worried about putting up points. PJC did OK but am I wrong in thinking Kadeem couldn't backup TJ?
Kadeem is Mark Lyons II?
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Jefe wrote:I guess Coach isn't worried about putting up points. PJC did OK but am I wrong in thinking Kadeem couldn't backup TJ?
I don't know that his ballhandling is up to the level that CSM looks for in a point guard.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
gumby

Post by gumby »

He's known for defense, and we have enough of that plaguing our offense.
3goggles

Post by 3goggles »

gumby wrote:
Better not let NYCat see this post.
AZCatGirl

Post by AZCatGirl »

Looks like the red shirt is a done deal. Must have been an easier sell to just point at TJ and say how well it worked for him.
“The reality is that the hardest games to win are over teams on their home court. Teams that don’t play those games can spin it however they want, but what they’re saying is, ‘We don’t want to lose in our non conference season.’" - Sean Miller
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

AZCatGirl wrote:
Looks like the red shirt is a done deal. Must have been an easier sell to just point at TJ and say how well it worked for him.
Apples and oranges. TJ had to sit out.
-JB
AZCatGirl

Post by AZCatGirl »

Yes, but TJ has said multiple times how helpful sitting that year out was. A nice endorsement to help sell Kadeem on it.
“The reality is that the hardest games to win are over teams on their home court. Teams that don’t play those games can spin it however they want, but what they’re saying is, ‘We don’t want to lose in our non conference season.’" - Sean Miller
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Kadeem Allen is a point guard like Mark Lyons was a point guard.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

AZCatGirl wrote:Yes, but TJ has said multiple times how helpful sitting that year out was. A nice endorsement to help sell Kadeem on it.
Matt Korcheck is the only player that has sat out a season intentionally under Miller. Didn't really do much for him that I can see, so I guess Sean better not use him as evidence.
-JB
Airizona

Post by Airizona »

AZCatGirl wrote:Yes, but TJ has said multiple times how helpful sitting that year out was. A nice endorsement to help sell Kadeem on it.
Good point, it probably did play a part...that and the logjam at the 2. Glad he is redshirting, should help us in the future
Airizona

Post by Airizona »

UAEebs86 wrote:
Matt Korcheck is the only player that has sat out a season intentionally under Miller. Didn't really do much for him that I can see, so I guess Sean better not use him as evidence.
Korcheck pretty much knew what role he would be playing when he came to zona, and that wasn't on the court. Allen seems like he will be a contributor and I don't think anyone thought that about Korcheck, I could see TJ having an influence on his decision even though one was forced and the other was voluntary. Both players came from smaller stages and as we have seen, players need to know the offense and defense thoroughly if they want to see pt.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

From Kadeem's perspective this seems like a no-brainer. He can either very rarely play this year and hope to play more next year, or he can sit out, get his mind and body to where they need to be, and seriously compete for playing time over the next two years. And if after next year CSM tells him that he's still not where he needs to be, he can be a graduate transfer somewhere that will allow him the playing time he needs to take his game to the professional ranks.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

-JB
JMarkJohns

Post by JMarkJohns »

UAEebs86 wrote:
I suggested this when he was first recruited. Makes sense if the upside is there, but not the instincts and experience within a structured system.

I like what I see from his mixtapes. Match his basketball ability with instinct and skill and he'll be a great combo off the bench as uppclassman.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

UAEebs86 wrote:
It's not official until the end of the season. There is no paperwork to fill out, you just play or you don't. If Pitts and York go down he will officially be back.
CBCat

Post by CBCat »

gumby wrote:
:lol:
Jefe

Post by Jefe »

Got to the game last night real early and watched Kadeem shooting. He is automatic from deep, cant wait to see him get some minutes
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

How is Kadeem gonna see the floor next season with all of these elite guards/wings arriving next season? Plus, Gabe and PJC and Pitts.
HiCat

Post by HiCat »

If he shoots 3's well he should see the court. He'll be familiar with Miller's system, this gives him an edge on incoming players? Sounds like a gamer.
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

HiCat wrote:If he shoots 3's well he should see the court. He'll be familiar with Miller's system, this gives him an edge on incoming players? Sounds like a gamer.
I hope so. But that backcourt's looking pretty crowded next season.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Kadeem couldn't shoot the 3 against JC kids, (30.5%) as the JC NPOY so can't imagine he will be shooting a whole lot better against upper tier Div I defenses.

McConnell still hasn't been able to shoot as well as he did at Div I Duquesne, and that's with a redshirt year.

Allen seems to me to be more of a scorer than a shooter similar to Mark Lyons and less Pitts/York.
HiCat

Post by HiCat »

Coach has many combinations to use next season. Huge asset.
gumby

Post by gumby »

Airizona wrote:
UAEebs86 wrote:
Korcheck pretty much knew what role he would be playing when he came to zona, and that wasn't on the court. Allen seems like he will be a contributor and I don't think anyone thought that about Korcheck, I could see TJ having an influence on his decision even though one was forced and the other was voluntary. Both players came from smaller stages and as we have seen, players need to know the offense and defense thoroughly if they want to see pt.
Pretty robust thread about this when it was announced that Korcheck was coming. i do think there was the thought that Korcheck would contribute more.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

gumby wrote:
Airizona wrote:
UAEebs86 wrote:
Pretty robust thread about this when it was announced that Korcheck was coming. i do think there was the thought that Korcheck would contribute more.
Yeah, I know that's not the point Airizona is making, but Korcheck told the press that he wanted to sit out a year to maximize his development into a real contributor. Hard to imagine that he meant on the scout team. Also hard to imagine that Miller told him to say that to the press even though it wasn't going to happen. I mean, was a bench role what sold Korcheck on Arizona over Oklahoma?
Jefe

Post by Jefe »

Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

When you're worried about the 11th or 12th guy on your team you know you have it good.