let's talk '15

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

cats101

Re: let's talk '15

Post by cats101 »

UK fans have polluted the ESPN boards (everywhere really) all summer with garbage if UK didn't at least get one mention. Geeze there are other programs and players outside of Lexington.
The Goat

Post by The Goat »

97cats wrote:it's all about Ivan Rabb for the final in '15 -- lets talk '16 thread coming soon.....
Thornton, Leaf, Cage, and J. Jackson please. Vance Jackson would be a welcome addition too.
3goggles

Post by 3goggles »

The Goat wrote:
97cats wrote:it's all about Ivan Rabb for the final in '15 -- lets talk '16 thread coming soon.....
Thornton, Leaf, Cage, and J. Jackson please. Vance Jackson would be a welcome addition too.
Didnt one of the Jacksons commit to UNLV already!
Jefe

Post by Jefe »

97cats wrote:i put AZ's chances for Zimm at a cool 1.25%
So are we wasting his time or vice versa? Or neither? Seems strange to bring him here if we dont want/cant have him.

We dont need mom flipping the switch and going after our program on Twitter
Last edited by Jefe on Thu Nov 06, 2014 2:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
azcat34

Post by azcat34 »

A 5 star recruit recruit wants to visit Arizona and fans on here don't want him? Have you all lost your minds?

Newsflash, everything about our basketball program and campus is amazing right now and a lot can change. Of course, it seems like there is an uphill battle for Zimmerman, that happens when you are going against the best programs in college basketball for a player. If all the program gets is additional publicity from having another 5 star recruit on campus then I can live with that. Especially with Rabb looking like a strong bet.

I think we all should enjoy the fact that 5 star recruits are lining up to come to Tucson and things are going so good that they aren't even "must-have" recruits.
The Goat

Post by The Goat »

3goggles wrote:
The Goat wrote:
Justin Jackson did. I am talking about Josh Jackson.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

azcat34 wrote:A 5 star recruit recruit wants to visit Arizona and fans on here don't want him? Have you all lost your minds?
I imagine everyone here would want Zimmerman, but if 97 says there is less than a 2% chance he lands with Arizona why put a lot of effort into it?

3goggles

Post by 3goggles »

The Goat wrote:
3goggles wrote:
The Goat wrote:
Justin Jackson did. I am talking about Josh Jackson.
Too many Jackson to keep up with!
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Merkin wrote:
azcat34 wrote:A 5 star recruit recruit wants to visit Arizona and fans on here don't want him? Have you all lost your minds?
I imagine everyone here would want Zimmerman, but if 97 says there is less than a 2% chance he lands with Arizona why put a lot of effort into it?
I answered this already.
Chicat wrote:The truth is that many times recruiting isn't just about one kid. How is it going to look to other kids, their parents, and their coaches if we ignore a 5 star recruit that has done nothing but show us love especially from an area, school, and AAU program we continue to recruit hard?

Zimmerman and his mom being all about Arizona for a week is a good thing. No way to spin it otherwise.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
azcat34

Post by azcat34 »

Merkin wrote:

Maybe Sean Miller disagrees with 97's assessment? And even if he thinks it's a longshot, he can't carry visits over to 2016. He might as well go for a top notch player and take the notoriety that comes with having a guy like Zimmerman officially visit.

I don't think having Cliff Alexander/Okafor visit officially hurt the program in any way.
Harvey Specter

Post by Harvey Specter »

Chicat wrote:I can't believe that some of you nerds don't have better things to do than to criticize a recruit's mom who has been nothing but great in terms of how public she is with praise for our program and coaching staff.
Thank you for this and your other recent posts - spot on. Glad to see a few others chimed in as well.

And then we have others claiming that Kentucky fans are fanatics because they claim ESPN hate because Harrison is not on the list of top Dunkers. But our fans are cool because they feel justified in slamming the mom of a recruit "because someone says there is less than a 2% chance he ends up here". Makes perfect sense...
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

azcat49 wrote:Seems this Mom really has enjoyed the recruitment of her son.....or am I wrong>

Sure seems to. Sure hope she lets him make up his own mind though, although it won't be UA apparently.

Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

If he's not choosing AZ, just let him go outside the Pac. Looks bad to lose recruiting battles within your own conference.
Zero

Post by Zero »

AKA Please no UCLA.
Puerco

Post by Puerco »

Chicat wrote:
pokinmik wrote:Ehhh, he most likely isn't attending UofA, and nobody knows who or what the fuck prodigaleyelid is. Overbearing parents are super annoying IMO, a pet peeve of mine. But I get it, in general if I couldn't type something nice maybe I shouldn't have typed it at all.
It only takes one person to forward a link and all of a sudden the entire Arizona fanbase is made up of the type of people who anonymously talk shit about the mothers of recruits. That's not a good look for any of us.
Bah, get real. If she plays on Twitter like she does, the tepid, tongue-in-cheek criticism on this site isn't going to faze her. Toughen up, Alice.
'A parent is the one person who is supposed to make their kid think they can do anything. Says they're beautiful even when they're ugly. Thinks they're smart even when they go to Arizona State.' -- Jack Donaghy
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Maybe the blondie in the back should be giving Zimmerman a hug. That's the way it worked in the movie Lute was in.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Puerco wrote:
Chicat wrote:
pokinmik wrote:Ehhh, he most likely isn't attending UofA, and nobody knows who or what the fuck prodigaleyelid is. Overbearing parents are super annoying IMO, a pet peeve of mine. But I get it, in general if I couldn't type something nice maybe I shouldn't have typed it at all.
It only takes one person to forward a link and all of a sudden the entire Arizona fanbase is made up of the type of people who anonymously talk shit about the mothers of recruits. That's not a good look for any of us.
Bah, get real. If she plays on Twitter like she does, the tepid, tongue-in-cheek criticism on this site isn't going to faze her. Toughen up, Alice.
So now I'm a woman for thinking we should take the high road and not talk shit about the mothers of recruits? Interesting take.

And by "interesting" I mean "stupid as fuck".
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

I prefer Kaleb with a K over Caleb playing for K.
3goggles

Post by 3goggles »

Alieberman wrote:I prefer Kaleb with a K over Caleb playing for K.
Completely agree and I also prefer Brandon with a B.
3goggles

Post by 3goggles »

Anybody see big Zimm at the game or hear how his visit is going so far?
Catstatic

Post by Catstatic »

Chicat wrote:
Puerco wrote:
Chicat wrote:
So now I'm a woman for thinking we should take the high road and not talk shit about the mothers of recruits? Interesting take.

Still laughing after reading this. Thanks!

Not sure I can remember an Arizona team like this where no single player is essential for success. Granted, in order to win the NC we will need our top players to play at a high level, but I can see this team beating all but a handful of others no matter who plays.

Had assumed TJ was essential to this season's success, but I love watching PJC. That young man is a pit bull on defense, and as he gets more comfortable in the offense, watch out! There is not much drop-off between first and second string: TJ/PJC, RHJ/SJ, York/Pitts, BAsh/Victor, Zeus/Ristic.

Won't be long before our starting 5 will be TJ/SJ/RHJ/BAsh/Zeus. Stanley and Rondae are truly unique players (incredibly strong, love to play defense, very quick, decent shooters, and will destroy opponents on the boards). However, without York or Pitts on the floor our outside shooting will suffer.

Here's hoping Miller lets all 10 guys see the floor in the first half of games, allows them to play some in the second, and finish with whichever 5 is playing the best that day. The size and depth of this team will absolutely wear people out.

Having said all of that, Stanley looks like he could start on an NBA team right now. That kid oozes talent and maturity, and will only get better.

Go Cats!!
salim'sheadband

Post by salim'sheadband »

Merkin wrote:Maybe the blondie in the back should be giving Zimmerman a hug. That's the way it worked in the movie Lute was in.
Some serious 'mirin going on there.
Jefe

Post by Jefe »

3goggles wrote:Anybody see big Zimm at the game or hear how his visit is going so far?
Nope didnt see him. I did sit behind Ooh Aah Man though
Puerco

Post by Puerco »

Chicat wrote:
Puerco wrote:
Chicat wrote:

Well, if I meant to imply that you were being overly sensitive -- which I did -- you appear to have just proven my point. ;)

Lighten up, man. The worst I noticed was people comparing her to Withey's mom, which at this point in the process is not a stupid comparison. I think the fan base is rightfully worried about potential recuits with overly involved parents.

And the bottom line is that if some kid doesn't come to the UA because his mom was upset about random internet chatter? So be it.
'A parent is the one person who is supposed to make their kid think they can do anything. Says they're beautiful even when they're ugly. Thinks they're smart even when they go to Arizona State.' -- Jack Donaghy
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Puerco wrote:And the bottom line is that if some kid doesn't come to the UA because his mom was upset about random internet chatter? So be it.
Do you think Sean Miller would feel the same way if it was a kid he really wanted for the program? I doubt it.

But hey, I'll just be the oversensitive woman who thinks it's poor form to talk shit about the mothers of recruits and you can be the internet tough guy who thinks it ups your online street cred to be a douchebag.
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

Puerco being Puerco.

Never have understood the harassing or taunting of recruits or potential recruits. Or the begging or pleading on the other hand. Does anyone think that their comment matters or that it is good form?

Be happy when a recruit commits to a program...otherwise STFU.
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
Katzenfreund

Post by Katzenfreund »

Last edited by Katzenfreund on Thu May 07, 2015 4:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Jefe wrote:
3goggles wrote:Anybody see big Zimm at the game or hear how his visit is going so far?
Nope didnt see him. I did sit behind Ooh Aah Man though
Someone I follow on twitter (don't remember who) last night retweated one of Ace's tweats about the Zimmerman visit. Sadly, I did follow the link and read the story. Can't remember all of it, but after the game they went to Miller's house for ping pong, Madden and pool. His mom really enjoyed the practice and walk-through, said it was the best run one she had seen. She said she also thought Miller was a gangster, but he's not. Whatever that means.

You can go to that site to check it out if so inclined.
Puerco

Post by Puerco »

Chicat wrote:
Puerco wrote:And the bottom line is that if some kid doesn't come to the UA because his mom was upset about random internet chatter? So be it.
Do you think Sean Miller would feel the same way if it was a kid he really wanted for the program? I doubt it.

But hey, I'll just be the oversensitive woman who thinks it's poor form to talk shit about the mothers of recruits and you can be the internet tough guy who thinks it ups your online street cred to be a douchebag.
Oh, get over it Chi. I'm sure you've got thicker skin than you're acting like in this instance. You know damn well that my 'insult' was done in good humor, and I'm sure you can take it. I doubt you can say you haven't done worse to others on this board. For the record, I think you're being melodramatic. My 'Toughen up, Alice' to you was hardly something that should evoke the reaction it has, and the criticism of Zim's mom on this site to date hardly merits the reference, 'talk shit'. But hey, carry on.

Regarding Miller: I think if a recruit said, 'I'm not attending the UA because somebody on forum.prodigaleyelid.com posted something mildly disparaging about my mom,' Sean Miller would roll his eyes and move on to the next one. You disagree?

ODogg, quit stalking me. I worry about you, man. I really do. But to your point, no UA fan is attacking Zim's mom on Twitter. There have been some mild comments made on this site, but nothing directly towards her -- at least to my knowledge. If there were it would, of course, be a wholly different story. Even though you're a jerk, I agree with you on this point: who cares what Zim's mom is saying on Twitter?
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Puerco wrote:Oh, get over it Chi. I'm sure you've got thicker skin than you're acting like in this instance. You know damn well that my 'insult' was done in good humor, and I'm sure you can take it.
But apparently you can't take my "insults". Hmmm...
Puerco wrote:I doubt you can say you haven't done worse to others on this board.
So what? I'm sure their reactions were warranted and it doesn't mean I have to ignore anything. I find it ironic that it's cool with you if people talk about recruits mothers negatively, but it's not cool if people react negatively to the immature bullshit you say. I'm guessing though that you find that kind of logical disparity to be something only someone with a vagina would notice.
Puerco wrote:For the record, I think you're being melodramatic.
Did the court reporter get that for the record? You may want to repeat it just to be sure. You know, for the record.
Puerco wrote:My 'Toughen up, Alice' to you was hardly something that should evoke the reaction it has
Hey, if you can't take it, don't dish it out...
Puerco wrote:and the criticism of Zim's mom on this site to date hardly merits the reference, 'talk shit'.
That's your opinion. Mine is that we shouldn't say anything negative about recruits mothers.
Puerco wrote:But hey, carry on.
Thanks, I will. Appreciate the virtual permission slip buddy.
Puerco wrote:Regarding Miller: I think if a recruit said, 'I'm not attending the UA because somebody on forum.prodigaleyelid.com posted something mildly disparaging about my mom,' Sean Miller would roll his eyes and move on to the next one. You disagree?
Yes, obviously. Have you not been paying attention? Am I using words that are too big? I think if a recruit told Sean Miller that he didn't like the way the fanbase was talking about his mother online Sean would be pissed. I'd ask if you disagree, but I'm not that obtuse.
Main Event

Post by Main Event »

Puerco

Post by Puerco »

Chicat wrote: I'm guessing though that you find that kind of logical disparity to be something only someone with a vagina would notice.
Okay. Drop me a line when you get all that sand cleaned out of yours and I'll be happy to continue the conversation. :roll:
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Puerco wrote:
Chicat wrote: I'm guessing though that you find that kind of logical disparity to be something only someone with a vagina would notice.
Okay. Drop me a line when you get all that sand cleaned out of yours and I'll be happy to continue the conversation. :roll:
Ooh, can we bro hard and talk shit about recruits' mothers until we feel like real men? Can't wait.
3goggles

Post by 3goggles »

Main Event wrote:
Yeah Buddy!!!
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

Puerco wrote: ODogg, quit stalking me.
:lol:
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
SCCat

Post by SCCat »

Yahoo front page.

https://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com ... ID=1703221
The first day of the early signing period is upon us and there is a new name at the top of the class of 2015 team rankings as Sean Miller has led Arizona to the top spot.

Now there isn't anybody who has been paying attention to recruiting that should be at all surprised by Miller's recruiting prowess. Ever since his arrival in Tucson he has been dominating recruiting on the West Coast and now he's assembled his first No. 1 class in the country.

Notably absent from the team rankings are Kentucky and Kansas. The Wildcats have only four-star shooting guard Charles Matthews in the fold, and the Jayhawks have yet to scratch at this point. However, both are involved with many of the 13 five-star prospects who remain on the board, and UK will enter the team rankings on Thursday if it lands the nation's No. 4 prospect Skal Labissiere as expected
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

So many big fish still out there. Would be surprised if UK and KU don't end up in the top 5. But if we get Rabb or Zimm, I'm pretty sure we've got the #1 class. Again. Wow.
EOCT

Post by EOCT »

SKAL lABISSIERE to Kentucky, not Memphis. Committed today along with Briscoe.

That should drop KY from the Rabb, Zimm and Bragg game.

The really interesting leave on this is us, UCLA and UNLV with Big Zimm? And Maybe Kansas. Love this prospect.

Is Labissierree more of a 4 or 5? Ky looking to play him at the 5?

What say, guys? Nine sevun, bro?

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/recru ... y-wildcats
Last edited by EOCT on Thu Nov 13, 2014 11:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The Goat

Post by The Goat »

Labissiere is more likely to not even play in college. The NCAA is already getting their case against him together. I bet it means nothing to the other recruits.
EOCT

Post by EOCT »

The Goat wrote:Labissiere is more likely to not even play in college. The NCAA is already getting their case against him together. I bet it means nothing to the other recruits.
That possibility has been brewing, and none other than Forbes weighed in on it:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/kevintrahan ... decisions/

But KY took the commitment. How should we interpret that? Taking a wild shot? And how might KY's action influence Rabb, Zimm, Bragg in the context of muddying their waters? If you were in their shoes wouldn't you ask Cal "WTF's going on, man? I know a man in Tucson who doesn't dick around like this."
The Goat

Post by The Goat »

There was a huge article on CBS sports about his elgibility. If you are UK you take the commitment just like they took the Kanter commit. If he eligible then great if not I am sure they will have plenty of backups. Kentucky wasn't even the big contenders for Zimmerman or Rabb anyway. Those would be Adidas and Cal.
salim'sheadband

Post by salim'sheadband »

Yeah, I doubt he ever plays a minute for Kentucky but there's no reason for them not to take the commitment.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

So Kentucky signs a guy who will probably never play, and one who Arizona stopped recruiting because they got better players at his position, and now they have the #1 class according to ESPN?
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
dcZONAfan

Post by dcZONAfan »

UAEebs86 wrote:So Kentucky signs a guy who will probably never play, and one who Arizona stopped recruiting because they got better players at his position, and now they have the #1 class according to ESPN?
seriously who fucking cares what our recruiting class is ranked? Let's worry about getting the players we need to keep competing for national championships. Also if we can somehow pull one of Rabb, Zimm, or Swanigan then we are gonna have a perfect class. That's all that matters
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

dcZONAfan wrote:
UAEebs86 wrote:So Kentucky signs a guy who will probably never play, and one who Arizona stopped recruiting because they got better players at his position, and now they have the #1 class according to ESPN?
seriously who fucking cares what our recruiting class is ranked? Let's worry about getting the players we need to keep competing for national championships. Also if we can somehow pull one of Rabb, Zimm, or Swanigan then we are gonna have a perfect class. That's all that matters

Agreed. I just get tired of ESPN's BS machine.
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

dcZONAfan wrote:
UAEebs86 wrote: Also if we can somehow pull one of Rabb, Zimm, or Swanigan then we are gonna have a perfect class. That's all that matters
Pretty sure it's just down to Rabb or Swanigan.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

dcZONAfan wrote: seriously who fucking cares what our recruiting class is ranked?
I agree, being #1 in recruiting will look bad on Miller if he doesn't win it all again.

Sean Miller is Josh Pastner Deux.

j/k :)
Sonora919

Post by Sonora919 »

dcZONAfan wrote:
Amen.
3goggles

Post by 3goggles »

Rabb and O'Dowd are playing on espn 2