Bribery Scandal - FBI Probe - Book Richardson Involved

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

prh

Re: Bribery Scandal - FBI Probe - Book Richardson Involved

Post by prh »

:lol: :lol: at the idea of a Duke investigation being absolutely accurate and unbiased
97cats

Post by 97cats »

my man, absurd is the perfect word
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

I wonder if Duke fans themselves kind of laugh at Vitale or if they find his bias for their program charming.
MountainCat

Post by MountainCat »

Let's see...

"...car / house / shoe deals etc..."

...and Vital is worried about a team with an assistant coach's S20,000 received that was never given to a player, but kept for himself from a shoe company that the school doesn't have a contract with? Also, the coach was fired as soon as the school found out.

Car = $50,000
House = $1,000,000
Shoe Deal = ??? = $100,000 (minimum)

Totaling = $1,150,000 (yeah I know the house was a rental - maybe)

Don't tell me the coaches at Duke do not have knowledge of what's going on. Including Coach K@#$#@%$%^ not having control of his program.
No Bandwagon Here! Always a Cat!
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

I don't think there's any reasonable doubt that K knew about all of this. Doesn't mean he was orchestrating it, just that he was signing off on it.

I think the more interesting question is: how long has this been going on at Duke? They weren't always getting Caliparian freshmen classes.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

MountainCat wrote:Let's see...

"...car / house / shoe deals etc..."

...and Vital is worried about a team with an assistant coach's S20,000 received that was never given to a player, but kept for himself from a shoe company that the school doesn't have a contract with? Also, the coach was fired as soon as the school found out.

Car = $50,000
House = $1,000,000
Shoe Deal = ??? = $100,000 (minimum)

Totaling = $1,150,000 (yeah I know the house was a rental - maybe)

Don't tell me the coaches at Duke do not have knowledge of what's going on. Including Coach K@#$#@%$%^ not having control of his program.

Good stuff. Anyone tweeting from the hypocrite with this kind of stuff
Last edited by azcat49 on Fri Jun 12, 2020 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
97cats

Post by 97cats »

Coach Krzyzewski has total control of his program - that will never be in doubt
pdx123

Post by pdx123 »

baycat93 wrote:Seeing as how I am in the Bay Area and can attest personally to the high cost of rent in this area, ASUHATER you are wrong. Especially if the picture of the house they rented is accurate.

In Danville/Alamo/Pleasanton/Lafayette/orinda a 4bedroom 2000 sf SFH will run $4,200 - $4,800 depending on location and/or appointments. Anything approaching 2500-3000 sf is well over $5,000. The other area's mentioned by 97 are very likley higher as homes on the peninsula tend to be about 30-40% higher PSF. San Francisco proper would be hard to compare as you would be comparing a 1000 sf 2 bedroom apartment to what looks like a 2500-3000sf SFH.

Anyway, go back to being you Asuhater.
I concur. We live in NOPA (one block north of Panhandle Park and about half a mile east of Golden Gate Park). Currently paying $4,000 a month for a 1400 sq. ft., 2 bedroom apartment in a building that dates back to 1913.
97cats

Post by 97cats »

my buddies daughter lives in Pacific Heights in a four bedroom with three other girls - she pays $2300 for the master bedroom which has its own bathroom - total rent is 8k

She’s moving to a three bedroom in the Marina in august - 6k a month.
TheCat

Post by TheCat »

97cats wrote:
ASUHATER! wrote: 5k a month in the nice part of San Francisco is insane.
yawn - you've obviously dont know jack shit about this either, just spurt off your fucking opinion as fact like you know what the fuck you're talking about.

5k in Atherton, Hillsborough, or Menlo Park not to mention Pacific Heights, Potrero Hills, Presidio Heights, West of Twin Peaks, or Seacliff is NOT insane at all, in fact its on the lower end of the spectrum...but, per usual, you speak to which you have no fucking clue.
Absolutely right. If you are renting a decent house in any of those places you are paying 2K in property taxes a month alone for the owner before you start to pay the mortage he might have.
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

Unpopular opinion perhaps: don't live in the city. Live in one of the terrific surrounding areas like Alameda or Berkeley or San Mateo. They're pricey too, but nothing like these ridiculous prices I'm seeing you guys mention. SF has changed, anyway. High end development has pushed out so much of the culture and diversity that made the city great in the past. SF will always be beautiful, but the vibe has changed in most parts of the city. I'll always love visiting, but even if I could afford it, not sure I'd wanna live there.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

I lived in San Francisco on the far west side (Sunset) in 1985-6. I had just started working for PG&E as a programmer at $2015 a month. Just a 2 BR 1 BA 3rd floor walkup flat way over there cost me $714 a month so even then rent was almost half my take home pay.

Nice thing is we didn't need a car, and didn't have one for 6 months. The N Judah was half a block away, and took me to almost the front door of 15 Market St and the pass was $11 a month. Took the bus to the laundromat and the grocery store.

Row houses in my neighborhood were selling for $250K then. Now they are all over $1M. On the foggy side of the city.

But a fantastic city for a young married couple with no kids.

My biggest complaint about the city was it was cold and damp, esp the Sunset. Downtown where I worked was sunnier, but the buildings made it into a wind tunnel. We were thinking about starting a family and were looking at the East Bay, such as San Leandro or Fremont, and take BART into the city, but an opportunity came up to move to central Cali with PG&E so we did that instead.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

I went back in 2016 and could really see how much it had changed since I lived in Berkeley in 2004. It was like a museum to its past.
EVCat

Post by EVCat »

Beachcat97 wrote:Unpopular opinion perhaps: don't live in the city. Live in one of the terrific surrounding areas like Alameda or Berkeley or San Mateo. They're pricey too, but nothing like these ridiculous prices I'm seeing you guys mention. SF has changed, anyway. High end development has pushed out so much of the culture and diversity that made the city great in the past. SF will always be beautiful, but the vibe has changed in most parts of the city. I'll always love visiting, but even if I could afford it, not sure I'd wanna live there.
My nephew paid $1.7M for a 1900 sq ft home in SAN JOSE! San Jose. It's a cute little home, but c'mon. He has to live there for proximity to work, and Cupertino was considerably more, so...

Not sure living outside the city offers much more reasonability, and you are stuck with suburban living. If you have the money, and the difference of $1000 or $2000 a month is not personally impacting, live in the mix, especially if you are without kids. For all the changes to metro SF, it is still more interesting than San Jose.

Just one opinion. I live in the ultimate East Valley boring suburb, so I am speaking more from what I wish I could do than what I have done. But I also have kids and my wife's job location is a factor.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

San Francisco also has rent control. My wife had a friend who lived in a small Van Ness apartment who married an older man, and his rent back in 1986 was $250 a month. Even if it's $700 now, that's probably a third of the market rate.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

So this is a NorCal real estate thread until the NCAA drops the hammer?

I'm cool with that.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
97cats

Post by 97cats »

yes, Chi!

lol

im guilty - i would like to take this opportunity to apologize to everyone for the derailment, sometimes less is more and I didn’t apply that line of thinking here and I’m sorry.
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

There's a connection, Chi. Turns out we were recruiting a player who insisted on being given enough under the table to rent a two bedroom Victorian in the Mission. Somewhere in the neighborhood of 5K/month. His favorite premium coffee shop is nearby, as is the Lamborghini dealer. He would've commuted to Tucson each week. Would've been a huge "get" for us. But he chose Duke.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

https://zonazealots.com/2020/06/24/form ... hypocrisy/" target="_blank

Well at least someone is going after ESPIN and Dukie Vitale and Jay Bilas for their hypocrisy
HiCat

Post by HiCat »

azcat49 wrote:https://zonazealots.com/2020/06/24/form ... hypocrisy/

Well at least someone is going after ESPIN and Dukie Vitale and Jay Bilas for their hypocrisy

solomon hill

@solohill

damn zion was getting houses and cars at duke, wheres that attention... dick vitale and jay bilas was beyond thirsty to condemn UofA, not as loud with what’s going on now. ill never be ok with how they did Book or Gary.
4:59 AM - Jun 18, 2020
Twitter Ads info and privacy

424 people are talking about this

Nice to see Solo telling it like it is.
midnightx

Post by midnightx »

HiCat wrote:
azcat49 wrote:https://zonazealots.com/2020/06/24/form ... hypocrisy/

solomon hill

@solohill

damn zion was getting houses and cars at duke, wheres that attention... dick vitale and jay bilas was beyond thirsty to condemn UofA, not as loud with what’s going on now. ill never be ok with how they did Book or Gary.
4:59 AM - Jun 18, 2020
Twitter Ads info and privacy

424 people are talking about this

Nice to see Solo telling it like it is.
They don't care. When AZ gets hit with formal allegations sometime this summer, Vitale and Bilas will resurface as if the Duke story never happened. In fact, it isn't really a story because no one wants to talk about it. On paper, one of the top five programs, possibly the biggest program right now, has unclean hands, and one would think such a scenario would be the biggest story in college basketball. Their biases and agendas are on full display.
dmjcat

Post by dmjcat »

https://abcnews.go.com/Sports/zion-will ... d=71703855" target="_blank
IndianaZonaFan

Post by IndianaZonaFan »

dmjcat wrote: https://abcnews.go.com/Sports/zion-will ... d=71703855" target="_blank
They look pretty fake to me. Wish they were real though. I also don’t think they would be dumb enough to have this much of a paper trail. Like, hey Zion...I know you aren’t supposed to accept this money, but here it is....and will you sign this paper to show that you accepted it anyway? Thanks.
prh

Post by prh »

The fake drivers license being horizontal is the most embarrassing thing about this
MountainCat

Post by MountainCat »

Pretty funny actually. I didn't know his weight was 606 lbs and height 2'84 "

Taller than I thought and needs to lose weight. ;)
Postmaster

Post by Postmaster »

prh wrote:The fake drivers license being horizontal is the most embarrassing thing about this
Does every state do that?
prh

Post by prh »

Postmaster wrote:
prh wrote:The fake drivers license being horizontal is the most embarrassing thing about this
Does every state do that?
I can't find a list of states, but most do. It's part of a standard from the American Association of Motor Vehicle Administrators (yes, that's actually a thing lol) that most states have most adopted.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Indiana & Illinois still have horizontal.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
prh

Post by prh »

Get a crowdsourced list going :lol: Utah and Oregon are now vertical
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Under 21 are vertical in Cali, horizontal for the rest of us.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Merkin wrote:Under 21 are vertical in Cali, horizontal for the rest of us.
Same in Arizona.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

azgreg wrote:
Same in Arizona.

The stupid thing is a lot of places won't serve or sell to you when you turn 21 until you get the horizontal replacement, even though they can see by your birth date on your license your are 21. Happened to both my kids.
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
prh

Post by prh »

UAEebs86 wrote:
azgreg wrote:
Same in Arizona.

The stupid thing is a lot of places won't serve or sell to you when you turn 21 until you get the horizontal replacement, even though they can see by your birth date on your license your are 21. Happened to both my kids.
Really stupid considering these places should all be using the card scanners anyways
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

MountainCat

Post by MountainCat »

azgreg wrote: Image

:o
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Check the date of his tweet. It was a month ago.
Jefe

Post by Jefe »

https://podcastaddict.com/episode/https ... Id=3027045" target="_blank

Richard Vitale interview about AZ starts at 22:50. Talks about Lute then says, "possibly, maybe 2-3 weeks allegations of level 1 charges coming down"
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Another star struck, gutless radio interviewer. He could have said what about the double standards with Kansas and Self or the dust up at Duke but instead we get he was guilty and should have been fired. F that dude, both of them
dmjcat

Post by dmjcat »

When the NCAA drops the hammer the UA should respond at warp speed and request that any penalties be enacted for the 20-21 season.

Our team isn't looking like a National Title contender anyway and with sports cancelled until at least 1/1/2021 any basketball season will be a shortened abortion at best. It would be better to take our medicine now rather than next year which would just prolong the poisonous headlines and negative recruiting.
TheCat

Post by TheCat »

I say wait to see what Kansas gets and I guarantee that 5 level 1 charges will be more then what we receive. There is only one allegation that I think that may stick and that has to do with a head coach being responsible for the actions of their staff.
Irish27

Post by Irish27 »

2019 & 2021 Basketball RAP Winner/2022 Football RAP Winner
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

“Everyone please take note that I’m still alive!”

- all DukieV social media
PHXCATS

Post by PHXCATS »

Dickie V not saying anything noteworthy
2018 Bear Down Wildcats Conference Championship Challenge Champion
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

PHXCATS wrote:Dickie V not saying anything noteworthy
You could date this from 1999 - present
dmjcat

Post by dmjcat »

Chicat

Post by Chicat »

He’s been saying that for months. Just keeps pushing back the timeline like some kind of cult leader predicting the end of the world.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

I am beginning to wonder if this crusade against Miller and Wade is where he is trying to deflect The blame from the blue blood coaches. Now you might go Duh 49 but I was thinking all along he just wanted his employer to be right
Last edited by azcat49 on Mon Aug 17, 2020 12:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MountainCat

Post by MountainCat »

Vital's favorite movie must be the Polar Express, starring Tom Hanks. Every-time he watches it, he get online and wants to BELIEVE.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

MountainCat wrote:Vital's favorite movie must be the Polar Express, starring Tom Hanks. Every-time he watches it, he get online and wants to BELIEVE.

I was thinking Groundhog Day.
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
MountainCat

Post by MountainCat »

UAEebs86 wrote:
MountainCat wrote:Vital's favorite movie must be the Polar Express, starring Tom Hanks. Every-time he watches it, he gets online and wants to BELIEVE.

I was thinking Groundhog Day.