Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

Merkin

Re: Kerr Kriisa

Post by Merkin »

Chicat

Post by Chicat »

97cats wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 3:16 pmdaddy, chill
New coaching staff kept him off the ball. Daddy going to mention that?
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Captain Obvious

Post by Captain Obvious »

I had a sprained ankle that discolored very much like that once and it didn't heal for months. I could walk (painfully) but I definitely couldn't run or jump on it. Kriisa's ability to run, jump, and pivot is probably going to be pretty limited. It may be wise to just sit out. No sense damaging it more to the point where we lose him for part of next year too. I know everyone is obsessed with winning but a person's long term health is more important IMO. But Kriisa is tough and I know he will try to come back and I commend him for his competitive zeal. I love his cockiness because he backs it up with his play. He's quickly becoming one of my favorite Wildcats of all time. I wish him the very best in his recovery.
RaisingArizona

Post by RaisingArizona »

Captain Obvious wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 5:33 pm I had a sprained ankle that discolored very much like that once and it didn't heal for months. I could walk (painfully) but I definitely couldn't run or jump on it. Kriisa's ability to run, jump, and pivot is probably going to be pretty limited. It may be wise to just sit out. No sense damaging it more to the point where we lose him for part of next year too. I know everyone is obsessed with winning but a person's long term health is more important IMO. But Kriisa is tough and I know he will try to come back and I commend him for his competitive zeal. I love his cockiness because he backs it up with his play. He's quickly becoming one of my favorite Wildcats of all time. I wish him the very best in his recovery.
I'm confident that the medical and coaching staffs will not let Kerr play if they believe there is any long term risk to his health or basketball career.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Carcassdragger wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 4:56 pm
Spaceman Spiff wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 4:03 pm
97cats wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 3:24 pm was told the pics are coming out deliberately a day to two days old....
I just hope he's ok and progressing well. Sunday would be ideal.
I'm surprised at this. Seems like we should sit him this entire weekend and assuming we win, he'll have another week of healing.
Two reasons I don't like that. First, I believe whem someone's ready, they're ready. I hate holding people back...it gets in a player's head.

Second, and more important here, another week is another week of getting out of game shape. The sooner he's ready and going, the better for his conditioning. That matters a lot because conditioning just doesn't switch on and off.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Captain Obvious wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 5:33 pm I had a sprained ankle that discolored very much like that once and it didn't heal for months. I could walk (painfully) but I definitely couldn't run or jump on it. Kriisa's ability to run, jump, and pivot is probably going to be pretty limited. It may be wise to just sit out. No sense damaging it more to the point where we lose him for part of next year too. I know everyone is obsessed with winning but a person's long term health is more important IMO. But Kriisa is tough and I know he will try to come back and I commend him for his competitive zeal. I love his cockiness because he backs it up with his play. He's quickly becoming one of my favorite Wildcats of all time. I wish him the very best in his recovery.
You’re right. Suppose he plays in the Final Four and dies? Thank you for being the voice of reason Doctor Obvious.

Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Fishclamps

Post by Fishclamps »

If he wants to play and is cleared by the trainers he will play. Medicine and rehab practices are always improving constantly, and I have faith in our trainers to give the go ahead if he can actually play. He's certainly not just gonna sit on the bench for the whole tournament, thats absurd.
RondaeShimmy

Post by RondaeShimmy »

Well at least can put on and walk in shoes

Also hilarious that he wears a headband for media availability

97cats

Post by 97cats »

hes so perfectly European its beautiful
97cats

Post by 97cats »

Chicat wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 5:30 pm
97cats wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 3:16 pmdaddy, chill
New coaching staff kept him off the ball. Daddy going to mention that?
he played it his whole life!
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

RondaeShimmy wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 7:55 pm Well at least can put on and walk in shoes

Also hilarious that he wears a headband for media availability

That plus the unnecessarily high chair and he basically looks like an 8 year old with the facial hair of a 17 year old.

Just joking, I've been a huge fan since he got out from under NCAA oppression vs Colorado last year.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Apparently from today according to Facebook.

Chicat

Post by Chicat »

He got his Crocs back!
RondaeShimmy

Post by RondaeShimmy »

Kerr Kriisa has multiple rainbow colored Crocs?
U.P. Zona Fan

Post by U.P. Zona Fan »

What?? You get the stuff back that you throw into the stands after a game in Vegas?

Dude that ship has sailed!

Not to be Debbie Downer or anything.

Hope he gets it back.
Arizona State might have the most surprisingly anemic history in men's basketball of any program that you might think is better than it is.
-Norlander.
HiCat

Post by HiCat »

After fearing 'it was over,' Arizona guard Kerr Kriisa says he'll play in NCAA Tournament

Bruce Pascoe Arizona Daily Star Mar 16, 2022 Updated 3 hrs ago

https://tucson.com/sports/arizonawildca ... 70dcf.html

Not a subscriber..

Thanks prh
Last edited by HiCat on Wed Mar 16, 2022 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
prh

Post by prh »

HiCat wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 3:45 pm After fearing 'it was over,' Arizona guard Kerr Kriisa says he'll play in NCAA Tournament

Not a subscriber..
Kerr Kriisa showed up tired and still a little sore for a short media interview session Tuesday, but he probably couldn’t be happier.

Because now the Arizona point guard says he expects to play in the NCAA Tournament this weekend after seeing how his ankle splayed out at a 90-degree angle late in Arizona’s win over Stanford in the Pac-12 Tournament quarterfinals, dealing him a significant sprain that kept him out for the Wildcats’ semifinal and championship game wins.

“I was scared that it's over because I’ve never had that bad of a sprain,” Kriisa said. “I felt like my leg was a completely different direction and I was scared to look down… But we went straight after to take X-rays and when I found out that nothing was breaking, J Rock (athletic trainer Justin Kokoskie) told me that `We’ve just got to work on it. You will play,” then happy tears came on my face. It was a good moment.”

Kerr Kriisa showed up tired and still a little sore for a short media interview session Tuesday, but he probably couldn’t be happier.

Because now the Arizona point guard says he expects to play in the NCAA Tournament this weekend after seeing how his ankle splayed out at a 90-degree ankle late in Arizona’s win over Stanford in the Pac-12 Tournament quarterfinals, dealing him a significant sprain that kept him out for the Wildcats’ semifinal and championship game wins.

“I was scared that it's over because I’ve never had that bad of a sprain,” Kriisa said. “I felt like my leg was a completely different direction and I was scared to look down… But we went straight after to take X-rays and when I found out that nothing was breaking, J Rock (athletic trainer Justin Kokoskie) told me that `We’ve just got to work on it. You will play,” then happy tears came on my face. It was a good moment.”

But whatever the case, Kerr’s already made his decision. Both in his body and his mind.

He’s playing.

“Of course,” he said. “If I wouldn't think (I could) then probably my leg wouldn't be healing as good. It's all mental. You’ve got to believe. I'm believing and it is going in good direction right now.”
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

Watching Bryant vs Wright State right now.

Kerr will not be needed.
prh

Post by prh »

Alieberman wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 4:02 pm Watching Bryant vs Wright State right now.

Kerr will not be needed.
This game is 8 guys standing while someone dribbles and someone defends him. Then pass it so 2 other guys take over. Sit Kerr Friday
U.P. Zona Fan

Post by U.P. Zona Fan »

prh wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 3:57 pm
HiCat wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 3:45 pm After fearing 'it was over,' Arizona guard Kerr Kriisa says he'll play in NCAA Tournament

Not a subscriber..

Because now the Arizona point guard says he expects to play in the NCAA Tournament this weekend after seeing how his ankle splayed out at a 90-degree angle late in Arizona’s win over Stanford in the Pac-12 Tournament quarterfinals, dealing him a significant sprain that kept him out for the Wildcats’ semifinal and championship game wins.

Because now the Arizona point guard says he expects to play in the NCAA Tournament this weekend after seeing how his ankle splayed out at a 90-degree ankle late in Arizona’s win over Stanford in the Pac-12 Tournament quarterfinals, dealing him a significant sprain that kept him out for the Wildcats’ semifinal and championship game wins.

But whatever the case, Kerr’s already made his decision. Both in his body and his mind.

He’s playing.

“Of course,” he said. “If I wouldn't think (I could) then probably my leg wouldn't be healing as good. It's all mental. You’ve got to believe. I'm believing and it is going in good direction right now.”
Good news!!!!!!

I hope we see him play in that game, he won't be needed, I just want to see him move and have him check it in game action. But, if he would be better off waiting that's fine too, so glad he's so optimistic.
Arizona State might have the most surprisingly anemic history in men's basketball of any program that you might think is better than it is.
-Norlander.
97cats

Post by 97cats »

oh boy Arizona getting dorky again....
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

HiCat wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 3:45 pm https://tucson.com/sports/arizonawildca ... 70dcf.html

Not a subscriber..

Thanks prh
If you have Chrome as a browser, just right click on the link and open in incognito mode and you can read the article. Edge has something similar.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

I just really don’t want a Bash experience.

I maintain we go undefeated and win the chipper that year if he doesn’t injury his ankle vs cal.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Alieberman wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 4:02 pm Watching Bryant vs Wright State right now.

Kerr will not be needed.
Careful.
97cats

Post by 97cats »

Wright State is pretty good they can really pass
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

We will be ready for them.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

azgreg wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 5:24 pm

Kerr will not be needed.
Careful.
If you worry about jinxing a 1-16 matchup, well...there are bigger issues.

With or without Kerr, if we play close to our capacity, there should be no issue.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Spaceman Spiff wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 8:55 am
azgreg wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 5:24 pm

Kerr will not be needed.
Careful.
If you worry about jinxing a 1-16 matchup, well...there are bigger issues.

With or without Kerr, if we play close to our capacity, there should be no issue.
Captain Obvious thinks Kerr might need to get his leg amputated if he plays again this year and that we’ll lose to Wright State if random anonymous people on a message board don’t take them seriously enough and he is a very very smart person so……
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

97cats wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 5:25 pm Wright State is pretty good they can really pass
Their tallest player is 6'9
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Beachcat97 wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 9:24 am
97cats wrote: Wed Mar 16, 2022 5:25 pm Wright State is pretty good they can really pass
They went 2-6 OOC, beating Tennessee Tech and (oddly) NC State. Purdue beat them by 44.

No disrespect and you have to come ready in every tourney game, but they're a 16 seed for a reason. We should have massive physical and talent advantages. We need to play semi-close to our potential and should win easily.
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

If Ballo and C-Lo just stand near basket and raise their arms it will be a dunk-a-thon
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

Spaceman Spiff wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 9:30 am
They went 2-6 OOC, beating Tennessee Tech and (oddly) NC State. Purdue beat them by 44.

No disrespect and you have to come ready in every tourney game, but they're a 16 seed for a reason. We should have massive physical and talent advantages. We need to play semi-close to our potential and should win easily.
It would be nice if we can avoid one of our slow starts. We've let the other team hang around much too long at times, as recently as the Pac tourney.
RondaeShimmy

Post by RondaeShimmy »

Beachcat97 wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 9:58 am

It would be nice if we can avoid one of our slow starts. We've let the other team hang around much too long at times, as recently as the Pac tourney.
There aren't a ton of set plays that are run other than the opening tip offensive play. Arizona has their basic sets and looks they run.

Since the players have that freedom and that freedom to do it on open play, it's up to them to make the reads in real time and that takes some time and possessions usually. Ultimately this freedom is for the better because it helps the players grown on the court.

They key is to not have a huge deficit.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Beachcat97 wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 9:58 am

I always think that's the goal. Start strong, crush their dreams early, extinguish hope and spend most of the second half getting bench guys experience.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Alieberman wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 9:56 am If Ballo and C-Lo just stand near basket and raise their arms it will be a dunk-a-thon
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Which side is it? R?

Looks good.
RondaeShimmy

Post by RondaeShimmy »

Could see a little bruise here on the outside of his right leg
Last edited by RondaeShimmy on Thu Mar 17, 2022 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

It's encouraging... but we don't know if he can really move and turn and jump on it.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
RondaeShimmy

Post by RondaeShimmy »

Alieberman wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 3:55 pm It's encouraging... but we don't know if he can really move and turn and jump on it.
We'll he's already jumping on it with jumpshots or is there another jumping you have in mind
RondaeShimmy

Post by RondaeShimmy »

97cats

Post by 97cats »

hes got a ways to go before he is game ready but its encouraging - keep up the continued rest and rehab dress him and lets kick some ass
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

RondaeShimmy wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 3:59 pm
Alieberman wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 3:55 pm It's encouraging... but we don't know if he can really move and turn and jump on it.
We'll he's already jumping on it with jumpshots or is there another jumping you have in mind
Like game jumping... very different from what these videos show.

I'm not being negative. I love what we are seeing. But game speed is a whole different thing.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

That’s my thought as well.

When was the ‘Furd game? Get him through tomorrow and game to game after that.

It appears they have him wrapped good.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

97cats wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 4:04 pm hes got a ways to go before he is game ready but its encouraging - keep up the continued rest and rehab dress him and lets kick some ass
This.
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

It's just nice not to see him in Crocs.
RondaeShimmy

Post by RondaeShimmy »

CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Lateral quickness: the ankle’s job is the “make the world flat”.

Think of all the fine precision movement involved with that.

Every go visit a tide pool? Your ankles help you do that.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

RondaeShimmy wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 4:10 pm
Nice