Stay Tuned

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

The Butcher

Re: Stay Tuned

Post by The Butcher »

Just did a little interwebs research and...

Stanley Johnson Rumors
Rondae Hollis-Jefferson To Enter Draft?
April 1 at 6:23pm CDT By Eddie Scarito

6:23pm: Hollis-Jefferson took to his personal Twitter account (hat tip to Zagoria) to say that he had not made a decision regarding the draft as of yet. He indicated that he still needed to discuss the matter with his mother and Arizona coach Sean Miller.

6:18pm: Arizona sophomore Rondae Hollis-Jefferson intends to enter the 2015 NBA draft, Jeff Goodman of ESPN.com reports (Twitter link). The 20-year-old is currently ranked No. 24 by DraftExpress and No. 25 by ESPN.com. Hollis-Jefferson played his last game in a Wildcat uniform last Saturday in Arizona’s 85-78 loss to Wisconsin in the NCAA tournament. The sophomore went out with a good game, despite the loss, logging 17 points and 8 rebounds on 6-12 shooting.

The swingman was overshadowed a bit this season by highly heralded freshman Stanley Johnson, who is also likely to enter the draft, though that is merely my speculation. Adam Zagoria of SNY.tv tweets that Johnson is 50-50 on leaving school. The 6’7″ Hollis-Jefferson is a fantastic athlete and defender, and both are skills that will translate well to the professional level. But he is extremely limited on the offensive end, which is why he is projected to last until the late first round. Hollis-Jefferson is exciting on the break and a monster when attacking the rim, but his outside shot needs significant work. He’s a player who will benefit from spending significant time in the D-League in 2015/16.

Hollis-Jefferson appeared in 38 games for the Wildcats this past season, averaging 11.2 points, 6.8 rebounds, and 1.6 assists in 28.7 minutes per contest. His career averages in two seasons at Arizona are 10.2 PPG, 6.3 RPG, and 1.5 APG. His career shooting numbers are .496/.205/.697.

Hmmmmm.....
The Butcher

Post by The Butcher »

Bear Down Vegas wrote:Sounds to me like someone was having some fun with you & you lucked into $50 because of it.

If it were true the only rumblings wouldn't come from a shoe guy telling strangers he just met. Just thinking out loud.
Exactly. Which is why i took the bet instantly. The only reason I could think of why he'd even say anything was because of our Arizona gear. But I did see the text thread. Could be the ultimate troll by this guy. But still.....

And why did Rondae declare before Stanley?
Harvey Specter

Post by Harvey Specter »

The Butcher wrote:All right. What I'm about to say is crazy and I don't believe it myself.

Here's how much I don't believe it. I made a 50 dollar wager with a friend at the Pac 12 Tourney in Vegas AGAINST this happening.

This story took place at Lotus of Siam in Las Vegas - the absolute best Thai food I have ever had - and they have 3 James Beard awards to back that up.

Everything I'm about to tell you is true.

We traveled to Vegas for the Pac 12 tourney and before the Oregon game decided to stop at Lotus of Siam for dinner.
While we were seated a guy walked by us, noticed our Arizona gear and said, "Bear Down, hope you guys win tonight!" We said thanks, and then he said something really interesting, "I sell Stanley his shoes in Cali and I'm telling you right now he's coming back next year. I text the guy nearly every day, and I guarantee you he's coming back."

He continued on to the bathroom and left us all with our jaws on the floor. Many of us (me included) said there was no f'ing way this was happening. It was clear he was going to the NBA after his freshman year the minute he stepped on campus.

Let me describe this guy, just in case any of you know who I'm talking about. He's over 6 ft tall with a hipster beard and dark rimmed glasses. White, between 25-30. Medium build.

He passed by our table again on the way back and showed us his phone. The text thread was to Stanley. "See, this is my text to Stanley "You better win tonight, I got $ on the game. Cover the 12". Stanley's text was "No pressure, bro". Stanley's next text was "I'm shaving points lol"

Now it's obvious he was joking, but I don't even like to hear shit like that after Headache Smith, etc. Not even in jest. Stanley has jokes apparently. He's 19. And we went out and crushed Oregon and Stanley had a good game.

But after he showed us the texts and ASSURED us Stanley was coming back and that he didn't care about the NBA money, my friend offered a 50 buck wager that Stanley would in fact come back. I took that bet instantly. It's a win/win in my opinion. If I lose the 50, I win. Stanley is back.

In my heart, I don't really believe what Stanley's shoe hook-up in Cali has to say about him going pro. Hence accepting the 50 dollar bet.

But everything I just told you happened. No joke.

Now....is THIS what this thread is about?
I would be thrilled if you lose $50... no offense. :D

That would be 100% counter what came directly from the mouth of Stanley's mother. Her comment on the subject was "Stanley needs to get paid... Momma needs a new pair of shoes." I am reluctant to post that because of how some might interpret and react to it; it was said in good natured fun. And judging from her condition, there are other needs that go well beyond shoes; extremely nice lady but she appears to have some pretty serious health issues.

That said... I am now thinking about a post someone made in another thread that the coaches informed Rabb that they expect that Ashley and Rondae are unlikely to return. I just assumed that Stanley leaving was already a forgone conclusion - but maybe not?

I still think you win $50....
EVCat

Post by EVCat »

It is clear we need someone to step up and take care of Stanley ' s mom so he can stay.

C 'mon here...we are an elite program. We gotta have people.

(joking...kinda)
gumby

Post by gumby »

I'll be making an announcement this evening.
Right where I want to be.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

gumby wrote:I'll be making an announcement this evening.
In the what's for dinner thread?
gumby

Post by gumby »

I don't want to speculate or get into any he said/she said scenarios. In the meantime, go about your lives.
Last edited by gumby on Mon Apr 13, 2015 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Gumby's coming back but Pokey is taking his talents to another board?
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
gumby

Post by gumby »

Pokey is getting a kick out of these replies. BTW, the announcement will be at the stables -- a mere six miles from McKale -- not that the location is an indicator of the content of the announcement. But it could be.
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

Are those stables Nike or Adidas?
-JB
gumby

Post by gumby »

Aegean.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

gumby wrote:I don't what to speculate or get into any he said/she said scenarios. In the meantime, go about your lives.
So, the LGBT thread then?
gumby

Post by gumby »

The announcement will be right where I want it to be.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

gumby wrote:The announcement will be right where I want it to be.
gumby

Post by gumby »

Pokey wants new horseshoes real bad.
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

Is the news really true?

I cannot believe it!!!!!
A1RZONA

Post by A1RZONA »

Alieberman wrote:Is the news really true?

I cannot believe it!!!!!
gumby

Post by gumby »

Let me just say I'll be relieved when this is over. I'll also be relieved as soon as hit the Jim. We call it that instead of the John, so we can say. "First thing every day, I go to the Jim."
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

So, can we rule out this being about Rabb?
EVCat

Post by EVCat »

rgdeuce wrote:So, can we rule out this being about Rabb?
Or can we rule this out of being some extended joke for a few "in the know" people? Cause it is the kind of stuff premium sites do. If it is meant to be a ha-ha funny thing here, i don't know if this is the crowd it plays for.

Is there reason for excitement? Or no.
az91

Post by az91 »

EVCat wrote:
Or can we rule this out of being some extended joke for a few "in the know" people? Cause it is the kind of stuff premium sites do. If it is meant to be a ha-ha funny thing here, i don't know if this is the crowd it plays for.

Zero chance
gumby

Post by gumby »

EVCat wrote:

Look around you. There's always reason for excitement. The first tulip of spring. The last wave of summer. There is glory in everything, not just landing the latest kid in that awkward Clearasil phase.

But if college basketball is all that winds your watch .....

.... stay tuned.
EVCat

Post by EVCat »

gumby wrote:
EVCat wrote:

Look around you. There's always reason for excitement. The first tulip of spring. The last wave of summer. There is glory in everything, not just landing the latest kid in that awkward Clearasil phase.

But if college basketball is all that winds your watch .....

.... stay tuned.
Oh, there's plenty going on in life. There are barely enough minutes for all the work and family duties and school meetings and kids games and so on. Looking at my phone doesn't take but a second.

I just don't see this site as a "drag people back in with teaser posts" kind of place, since there is no premium. I'd there is news, great, if not, we wait...
gumby

Post by gumby »

The site is many things to many people. I figure if it's something really important, it will be a headline within 24 hours. But who knows how Ari, the thread starter, feels. For all we know, it's big news.

Ari?
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

-JB
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

gumby wrote: Ari?
Think Ari is waiting for Winger to respond.
HiCat

Post by HiCat »

Who's better for Arizona? Tollefson or Lee (assuming SJ leaves).
gumby

Post by gumby »

They'd both be better governors. Oh, you mean the university? Lee.
UAEebs86 wrote:
Was unable to find the appropriate balloons. Had to postpone.
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

gumby wrote:The site is many things to many people. I figure if it's something really important, it will be a headline within 24 hours. But who knows how Ari, the thread starter, feels. For all we know, it's big news.

Ari?
It's very important.

It's very big

You should be hitting your refresh button on this site every 20 seconds.

Stay Tuned....
EVCat

Post by EVCat »

weeeeeee
Two Bits

Post by Two Bits »

{shakes head and mumbles to no one in particular}
dicks
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Wat
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
RichardCranium

Post by RichardCranium »

Hey this time for reals!

Sumpin's Happenin' Babee!
Any sufficiently advanced troll is indistinguishable from a genuine kook.
IndianaZonaFan

Post by IndianaZonaFan »

What the fuck happened on this thread??? Was this because Stanley was gonna stay another year?
Postmaster

Post by Postmaster »

Who?
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

I don't have time to stay tuned...