Arizona's Schedule is TERRIBLE

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

Bosy Billups

Arizona's Schedule is TERRIBLE

Post by Bosy Billups »

azcat49

Re: Arizona's Schedule is TERRIBLE

Post by azcat49 »

Hard to argue with them. I would say to Darryl though that he forgot Michigan and UCLA, both on the road last year.

Not sure why they are worried about us? They have about 10 NBA guys on that team and enough minutes should be what they worry about
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
3goggles

Post by 3goggles »

azcat49 wrote:Hard to argue with them. I would say to Darryl though that he forgot Michigan and UCLA, both on the road last year.

Not sure why they are worried about us? They have about 10 NBA guys on that team and enough minutes should be what they worry about
They are going 40-0 but the seem to worry a lot about us. Looking at there schedule the play 4 ranked teams. Nobody in the joke of conference should be ranked. Florida is joke this year! So not much competition for the platoons! Oh and FUCK UK!!!
catgrad97

Post by catgrad97 »

UK fans are the platinum standard of delusional in college hoops, so if you're looking for surprise, we're full up here.
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

Dumb argument. Our non conf schedule (the only one you can control) is actually pretty good.

Credit UK for playing so many roadies against ranked opponents...outside of one I count zero.

Someone might want to inform that fan base that the Zags would give both platoons all that they could handle.
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

I can't wait until people can find our forum.
JMarkJohns

Post by JMarkJohns »

Kentucky had 3rd strongest SOS last year. Arizona's terrible schedule was 4th strongest SOS. Such a difference...

As for this year, I'm not convinced their top-2 wins will be better than ours in a few weeks. The rest of their schedule thus far beyond Kansas and Texas (without PG) isn't anything special.
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

Uk also plays in the SEC...which might actually be the only major conference worse than the PAC.
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

I'm not gonna give their site a click, but...why is our schedule terrible?
played in maui, beat the #15 team, just played and beat the #9 team, playing a (hopefully still) ranked UM in a while.

that ain't bad
It's long past time to bring this back to the court, let's do it with a small update:

Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

BTW, I just wanna mention that there are is a difference in your "guarantee" games you schedule at home. As in, playing UCI vs. Buffalo.

And playing an in-state rival, with an great BBall tradition must be nice. Fuck you ASSU.
AZCatGirl

Post by AZCatGirl »

The only way we'd even play Kentucky is in the title game or final 4. Why in the world anyone would care about a hypothetical April matchup in December is beyond me. Kentucky must be even more boring to live in than I thought.
“The reality is that the hardest games to win are over teams on their home court. Teams that don’t play those games can spin it however they want, but what they’re saying is, ‘We don’t want to lose in our non conference season.’" - Sean Miller
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

I'm impressed they noticed Arizona. I figured that their board would be 40 different thread of "Blue platoon is way better than white" and vice versa.
WildcatStunner

Post by WildcatStunner »

They want to rip our schedule cause they are probably concerned with our defense, tenacity, and will to win. They know that if they run into us that feeling of "we got this," would not be there. To sum up, the thought of playing us makes them uncomfortable.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

WildcatStunner wrote:They want to rip our schedule cause they are probably concerned with our defense, tenacity, and will to win. They know that if they run into us that feeling of "we got this," would not be there. To sum up, the thought of playing us makes them uncomfortable.
Isn't it more a matter of a few rednecks who can't do the arithmetic?

"Dah, dis milk is u-spensive, Jed."

"Dah, don't taste too good nuther on dees Corn Pops, Daryl."

Guys, that's Milk of Magnesia.
Catstatic

Post by Catstatic »

WildcatStunner wrote:They want to rip our schedule cause they are probably concerned with our defense, tenacity, and will to win. They know that if they run into us that feeling of "we got this," would not be there. To sum up, the thought of playing us makes them uncomfortable.
Kentucky players play defense because they are elite athletes, very tall and have long arms. Arizona players play defense because Miller is all about defense and it doesn't matter who you are you don't see the floor without committing to the defensive end. Huge difference.

Downside: Lots of grind it out games. Upside: You win the vast majority, are never out of any game (look at our margin of defeat in the last 3 NCAA tourneys) and no one wants to play you. Oh, and it also prepares you for the NBA where defensive intensity is highly valued .... because it's so rare!!

Go Cats!!
Last edited by Catstatic on Mon Dec 08, 2014 9:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

Kentucky shouldn't talk about scheduling cupcakes. They just agreed to a home and home deal with UCLA starting next year.

-Beachcat
azcat34

Post by azcat34 »

Kenpom has Kentucky with the 243rd rated non-conf SOS. They shouldn't be talking about anyone's schedule.

Arizona's is 179th.
3goggles

Post by 3goggles »

Bosy Billups wrote:True story, take a look:

https://kentucky.rivals.com/showmsg.asp ... 88&style=2
Somebody needs to let the UK Fans now the current rankings. I see more then 2 ranked teams.

AP Poll:
3 AZ
9 Zaga
13 Utah
17 Wash
18 SDSU
Puerco

Post by Puerco »

AZCatGirl wrote:The only way we'd even play Kentucky is in the title game or final 4. Why in the world anyone would care about a hypothetical April matchup in December is beyond me. Kentucky must be even more boring to live in than I thought.
So you've never been there then?
'A parent is the one person who is supposed to make their kid think they can do anything. Says they're beautiful even when they're ugly. Thinks they're smart even when they go to Arizona State.' -- Jack Donaghy
catgrad97

Post by catgrad97 »

I have. She's right.
Puerco

Post by Puerco »

Well, it's in close proximity to southern Indiana. And to West Virginia as well, so it's got that going for it.
'A parent is the one person who is supposed to make their kid think they can do anything. Says they're beautiful even when they're ugly. Thinks they're smart even when they go to Arizona State.' -- Jack Donaghy
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

I like spending time in Louisville, and in a cabin in the woods in Kentucky near Red River Gorge. But too bad that most UK fans think the woods are for going out and shooting at cans.
IndianaZonaFan

Post by IndianaZonaFan »

I'm from Kentucky, most of the stereo types are inaccurate, but the fact that there isn't much to do & assumption of shooting at cans in the woods are both fair. I come from a small town where probably 90% of people are UK fans and most people don't really pay any attention, they usually don't even know the score of any game until they read the newspaper in the morning, so having an intelligent basketball conversation with any of them is normally out of the question. I have a few UK friends that are open minded and they all said that AZ is really good, and they look forward to playing us in Indy.
gumby

Post by gumby »

IndianaZonaFan wrote:I'm from Kentucky, most of the stereo types are inaccurate, but the fact that there isn't much to do & assumption of shooting at cans in the woods are both fair. I come from a small town where probably 90% of people are UK fans and most people don't really pay any attention, they usually don't even know the score of any game until they read the newspaper in the morning, so having an intelligent basketball conversation with any of them is normally out of the question. I have a few UK friends that are open minded and they all said that AZ is really good, and they look forward to playing us in Indy.
I love Kentucky!
Right where I want to be.
Machina

Post by Machina »

azcat34 wrote:Kenpom has Kentucky with the 243rd rated non-conf SOS. They shouldn't be talking about anyone's schedule.

Arizona's is 179th.
Both are trash
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

Well, strong teams generally have lower SOS ratings in early December because their own strength directly strengthens their opponents. Playing true road games improves your SOS, but you do have to honor the home-and-home. If Arizona (175) and Kentucky (248) both have a "trash" SOS at 175, note these teams that join them in the trash: Duke (170), Virginia (206), Louisville (309), and Villanova (240), among others. On the other hand, you can look Arizona's participation in Maui and its scheduling of Gonzaga, Michigan, and at UTEP.
Last edited by Longhorned on Tue Dec 09, 2014 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bear Down Vegas

Post by Bear Down Vegas »

Yeah, trash is too strong of word. As much as I dislike them - at UNLV in a couple weeks was supposed to be a much more difficult game than it likely will end up being too.
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

Machina is the best.

And by best, I mean trash.