let's talk '15

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

ASUCatFan

Re: let's talk '15

Post by ASUCatFan »

Puerco wrote:
And the bottom line is that if some kid doesn't come to the UA because his mom was upset about random internet chatter? So be it.
As a family member of a D1 athlete, I sort of have to disagree with you here. Family members read the boards and family members get upset when they read stupid conjecture and other random uninformed shit. I think it's natural to be bothered by someone saying bad things about your family members. I know I'm tempted to drive up to Iowa City and throat punch some farmers from time to time.

The bottom line is, why badmouth a recruit or even an active player? Its bad form.
Bosy Billups

Post by Bosy Billups »

ASUCatFan wrote:
Puerco wrote:
And the bottom line is that if some kid doesn't come to the UA because his mom was upset about random internet chatter? So be it.
As a family member of a D1 athlete, I sort of have to disagree with you here. Family members read the boards and family members get upset when they read stupid conjecture and other random uninformed shit. I think it's natural to be bothered by someone saying bad things about your family members. I know I'm tempted to drive up to Iowa City and throat punch some farmers from time to time.

The bottom line is, why badmouth a recruit or even an active player? Its bad form.
That's why every coach tells every parent and close relative to STAY OFF the message boards, no matter what. They are fans speculating who don't know what it's like and just like to talk shit, you know, like when you watch your favorite football team and curse at a player for missing a play. It's just fans having fun, doubt anyone who says anything negative would ever think about saying those things to the kid's face, in fact, they'd probably be star struck and shy, brag on the board about meeting said kid.
97cats

Post by 97cats »

97cats wrote:it's all about Ivan Rabb for the final in '15 -- lets talk '16 thread coming soon.....
for those that don't want to dig themselves
JMarkJohns

Post by JMarkJohns »

97cats wrote:
97cats wrote:it's all about Ivan Rabb for the final in '15 -- lets talk '16 thread coming soon.....
I can dig it
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

97cats wrote:
So how's it looking for Rabb?
azcat34

Post by azcat34 »

97cats wrote:
Is Tarc still close to a lock for going pro?

I would think he has to give some thoughts on coming back and wouldn't that end all recruiting for 2015?
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Yeah if tarc stays that kinda takes rabb's place right? Since rabb was most likely a one and done anyway.
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
BeetzyB

Post by BeetzyB »

Big Ive had 22 & 7 against #1 Montverde on ESPN the other night. Nice post moves, but didn't play much (foul trouble).
JMarkJohns

Post by JMarkJohns »

Rabb is a PF at the NBA level who can play C in college.

I doubt Tarc coming back hurts with Rabb.

Where it might hurt is Ristic, who would likely be ready for more PT as a sophomore, and, maybe, Victor who'd be the 5th big after Tarc/Ristic/Rabb/Anderson. Will Ristic/Victor wait if Tarc returns and Rabb or Swanigan commit?
azcat34

Post by azcat34 »

JMarkJohns wrote:Rabb is a PF at the NBA level who can play C in college.

I doubt Tarc coming back hurts with Rabb.

Where it might hurt is Ristic, who would likely be ready for more PT as a sophomore, and, maybe, Victor who'd be the 5th big after Tarc/Ristic/Rabb/Anderson. Will Ristic/Victor wait if Tarc returns and Rabb or Swanigan commit?
I was more looking at will Arizona even have another spot available if Tarc comes back for his senior year?

Seems someone would have to move on if Arizona wanted to add another spring player if Tarc came back.
JMarkJohns

Post by JMarkJohns »

PG: PJC, Simon
SG: York, Trier, Allen
SF: Smith, Pitts
PF: Anderson, Victor
C: Ristic

That's 10, so AZ can have two return and still have a scholarship for Rabb/Swanigan.
gumby

Post by gumby »

When I see Derrick Williams struggling to get PT on bad teams, have to wonder if these guys are prepared for that. He had more game, offensively, than Ashley and Rondae. I don't doubt they're leaving, just wonder if they're ready to be irrelevant for the next few years.

Tarc is no Lopez twin, or even Vucevic. Robert Sacre, Greg Oostertag and on and on. Ready to sit? Better be.

Anyway, would rather have Tarc as a senior than Rabb as a frosh, especially with Anderson, Victor and Ristic on board.
Right where I want to be.
Bosy Billups

Post by Bosy Billups »

gumby wrote:When I see Derrick Williams struggling to get PT on bad teams, have to wonder if these guys are prepared for that. He had more game, offensively, than Ashley and Rondae. I don't doubt they're leaving, just wonder if they're ready to be irrelevant for the next few years.

Tarc is no Lopez twin, or even Vucevic. Robert Sacre, Greg Oostertag and on and on. Ready to sit? Better be.

Anyway, would rather have Tarc as a senior than Rabb as a frosh, especially with Anderson, Victor and Ristic on board.
"Tarc is no Lopez twin, or even Vucevic"

But Ristic is, lol.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Well there aren't going to be many former Miller coached Arizona players in the NBA that lead their teams in scoring..
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
gumby

Post by gumby »

Bosy Billups wrote:
gumby wrote:When I see Derrick Williams struggling to get PT on bad teams, have to wonder if these guys are prepared for that. He had more game, offensively, than Ashley and Rondae. I don't doubt they're leaving, just wonder if they're ready to be irrelevant for the next few years.

But Ristic is, lol.
Ristic is leaving after this year? If not, you missed the point.

Oh, and, lol! It's good to be a teenager again.
catgrad97

Post by catgrad97 »

It's not going to work out well to have essentially two one-and-dones splitting time at the 4 either.

In other words, major logjam along the front line if Zeus stays for his senior year and Rabb comes here, regardless of what Victor does next year.
Bosy Billups

Post by Bosy Billups »

gumby wrote:
Bosy Billups wrote:

But Ristic is, lol.

ROFL, sorry for being younger than you, mr. mature message boarder.
CBCat

Post by CBCat »

JMarkJohns wrote:PG: PJC, Simon
C: Ristic

That's 10, so AZ can have two return and still have a scholarship for Rabb/Swanigan.
Can Victor play some 3? He seems like a tweener at the 4.
CBCat

Post by CBCat »

catgrad97 wrote:It's not going to work out well to have essentially two one-and-dones splitting time at the 4 either.

In other words, major logjam along the front line if Zeus stays for his senior year and Rabb comes here, regardless of what Victor does next year.
Seems Zeus excells/enjoys the academic side and I get the impression he's doing well in the business school and in his opportunities outside of basketball at the University.
I'd imagine he "moves on" after this season but it's kind of ashame these guys "can't" stay all four anymore. Maybe it's a testament to how well Miller/Rounds/Staff truely develp these guys both as players and on the academic side. Impressive.

Anybody know if Zeus is finishing his undergrad this year?
JMarkJohns

Post by JMarkJohns »

CBCat wrote:
JMarkJohns wrote:PG: PJC, Simon
C: Ristic, (Comanche)

Can Victor play some 3? He seems like a tweener at the 4.
Maybe on offense, but for Miller, where you play is where you can defend well. That's likely PF for Victor.

I think my ideal would be for both Ashley and Tarc to come back. That 2015 team will be so young, it'd be great to have some senior frontcourt leadership for defense, rebounding, and low-post offense.

PG: Jackson-Cartwright (so), Allen (rs-so), Simon (fr)
SG: York (sr), Trier (fr)
SF: Pitts (jr), Smith (fr)
PF: Ashley (sr), Anderson (rs-sr), Victor (so)
C: Tarczewski (sr), Ristic (so), Comanche (fr/rs)

That's 13. I'd forgotten Comanche earlier, so that's one returnee and Rabb/Swanigan, or two returnees, or an expected transfer/early entry.
Alieberman

Post by Alieberman »

Starting York and Pitts?

That would make the "Start York" and "Start Pitts" crowd heads explode.
PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

Bosy Billups wrote: ROFL, sorry for being younger than you, mr. mature message boarder.
I'm old and I use lol/lmao etc. all the time. probably too much actually.
It's long past time to bring this back to the court, let's do it with a small update:

JMarkJohns

Post by JMarkJohns »

Alieberman wrote:Starting York and Pitts?

That would make the "Start York" and "Start Pitts" crowd heads explode.
I'd love to start two upperclassmen wing shooters to flank two senior bigs.

For as good as Trier and Smith are, both are young, and Miller favors experience defensively.
gumby

Post by gumby »

Bosy Billups wrote:
gumby wrote:
Bosy Billups wrote:

But Ristic is, lol.

Word on the street is OMG!!!!!!
Bosy Billups

Post by Bosy Billups »

gumby wrote:
Bosy Billups wrote:
gumby wrote:
Bosy Billups wrote:

But Ristic is, lol.

Word on the street is OMG!!!!!!
Totes!
PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

YOLO, amirite?
It's long past time to bring this back to the court, let's do it with a small update:

Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

So is Rabb going to Cal?
gumby

Post by gumby »

Beachcat97 wrote:So is Rabb going to Cal?
Has there been a time where thousands of people wonder something, and you hit paydirt by asking the question?
3goggles

Post by 3goggles »

Rivals.com ✔ @Rivals
HOOPS: 5-star C Stephen Zimmerman recaps official visits, says decision is harder now: http://rvls.co/1ABsvVm ($) #Zona #KU #UKRetweeted by Matt Moreno

So am I crazy to think that AZ is in Zimmermans top 3. I thought UCLA was a family legacy school?
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

3goggles wrote:Rivals.com ✔ @Rivals
HOOPS: 5-star C Stephen Zimmerman recaps official visits, says decision is harder now: http://rvls.co/1ABsvVm ($) #Zona #KU #UKRetweeted by Matt Moreno

So am I crazy to think that AZ is in Zimmermans top 3. I thought UCLA was a family legacy school?
I have no idea where he's going, but I'll predict this - if he picks Arizona over Kansas, enfuego will be here every game telling us how horrible he is. If he picks Kansas, he's second only to Wilt Chamberlain for centers in KU history.
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
CBCat

Post by CBCat »

UAEebs86 wrote:
3goggles wrote:Rivals.com ✔ @Rivals

I have no idea where he's going, but I'll predict this - if he picks Arizona over Kansas, enfuego will be here every game telling us how horrible he is. If he picks Kansas, he's second only to Wilt Chamberlain for centers in KU history.
and don't forget Center's that go to Arizona would have developed sooooo much more at Kansas
RichardCranium

Post by RichardCranium »

OK, so if we don't get any of the 'big three' in 15 (I know slap my face for even thinking about it, but...), wouldn't this guy, Thon Maker, be a pretty fair consolation prize? He's currently class of '16 but is apparently thinking about reclassifying to '15 and he does have an Arizona offer.

Yes its a mix-tape, but day-um!

True seven-footer runs the floor and passes like a point guard. He can hit from the arc and can play with his back to the basket. He can catch a pass and finish at the rim. What's not to like? Needs to put on some muscle/weight - so did Zeus when he arrived.
Any sufficiently advanced troll is indistinguishable from a genuine kook.
gronk4heisman

Post by gronk4heisman »

RichardCranium wrote:OK, so if we don't get any of the 'big three' in 15 (I know slap my face for even thinking about it, but...), wouldn't this guy, Thon Maker, be a pretty fair consolation prize? He's currently class of '16 but is apparently thinking about reclassifying to '15 and he does have an Arizona offer.

Yes its a mix-tape, but day-um!

True seven-footer runs the floor and passes like a point guard. He can hit from the arc and can play with his back to the basket. He can catch a pass and finish at the rim. What's not to like? Needs to put on some muscle/weight - so did Zeus when he arrived.
Thon in my opinion is the best player in any class and I don't think we have any shot at him. Whoever gets him will be an instant competitor. Any word on if he officially switched to '15?
3goggles

Post by 3goggles »

Ivan Rabb was sitting front row at Mr.Ans for RJ birthday! Damn I hope we roll the Devils by 100 and show him how mckale gets rockin. Huge Visit!!!
dmjcat

Post by dmjcat »

UA interested in 7 foot Greek big man:

http://www.azdesertswarm.com/recruiting ... apagiannis

Looks like Miller is looking for fall-backs for Zimmerman/Rabb
HiCat

Post by HiCat »

Seems to shoot ft's well. Not much else on the vid.
97cats

Post by 97cats »

dmjcat wrote:UA interested in 7 foot Greek big man:

Zimmerman is not coming to Arizona.
Airizona

Post by Airizona »

McD's All American roster is announced tonight, who do you guys think makes it? I think Trier and Rabb....Smith probably would have had he not been injured
97cats

Post by 97cats »

Airizona wrote:McD's All American roster is announced tonight, who do you guys think makes it? I think Trier and Rabb....Smith probably would have had he not been injured
correct
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

97cats wrote:

Why not?
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Beachcat97 wrote:
97cats wrote:

Why not?
It's not us, it's him. Don't take it so hard slugger...
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Main Event

Post by Main Event »

97cats

Post by 97cats »

Chicat wrote:
its actually both -- UCLA leading with a chance for Kansas
97cats

Post by 97cats »

97cats wrote:
Chicat wrote:
Ivan Rabb too -- no surprise
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

97cats wrote:
97cats wrote:
Chicat wrote:
Wait, wait, wait...UCLA is leading for Zimmerman and Rabb?? How in the hell is that possible?
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

97cats wrote:
97cats wrote:
Chicat wrote:
Wait.... what?
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
97cats

Post by 97cats »

Rabb is a McD's All-American too -- Zimmerman to AZ = zero chance
97cats

Post by 97cats »

Beachcat97 wrote:
Wait, wait, wait...UCLA is leading for Zimmerman and Rabb?? How in the hell is that possible?
no
EOCT

Post by EOCT »

97cats wrote:
97cats wrote:
Chicat wrote:
Nine Sevun, I'm confused---no surprise.

Do you mean UCLA leading for IR as well as for ZIMM, or I hope and trust that you mean the IR/CAL/UA situation is analogous to the Zimmerman/UCLA/UA picture.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Haha 97, you had me very confused for a second there. And right after I said you don't tease in another thread!