My little vent thread

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

PieceOfMeat

My little vent thread

Post by PieceOfMeat »

Just frustrated, I know it's only one loss this season, blah blah blah. I need to vent a little.

Just seems, sometimes, that it's like this with Miller's teams:

1) D is all that matters
2) We only do what we do. And that's D. The same exact way, all the time.
3) Clutch Shooters? Who the fuck needs em. Just look at our Kenpom AdjO stat baby!
4) Free throws? Who the fuck needs em.
5) Adjustments? Who the fuck needs em. We just need to do what we do, but do it more, and better.
6) Reliable and deep bench? Who the fuck needs it, give me 6.5 guys and I'm good.
7) Offense? Oop it off a timeout. Oh, it's not a timeout? uh...someone will have an open look if we pass it around enough. See #3.
8) Man, I really wish [insert star player here] didn't bolt for the NBA early, cause this year we're not as good as we were last year.

I mean, sure, it's gonna get us to the NCAA's....probably to the sweet 16....maybe the elite 8.....but what about beyond that?

So frustrating to see a team just run the same f'ing play over and over and kill us and for us to not, yet again, have a clutch shooter or be decent at free throws.

Sigh. exasperating.
It's long past time to bring this back to the court, let's do it with a small update:

Bosy Billups

Re: My little vent thread

Post by Bosy Billups »

Wouldn't want any other coach or system.

So lucky to have Miller leading our team.

Can't wait to see our team evolve.
Bosy Billups

Post by Bosy Billups »

PS - did you see the Zone tonight?

That was 100% new.

What did you want to see, Pastner sloppy offense?

UNLV played a great game.

It happens, sack up, feel lucky because you are.
PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

I guess you don't understand what "vent" means, eh?
Bosy Billups wrote: Can't wait to see our team evolve.
Did you mean "see our team reach the elite 8 and get beat by 1 player" ?

;)
Bosy Billups wrote:PS - did you see the Zone tonight?

That was 100% new.
No, it wasn't, but good to know you weren't paying attention when we ran it for 1 possession earlier this year.
Bosy Billups wrote: What did you want to see, Pastner sloppy offense?
Who the fuck want's anything that Pasnter brings?

Bosy Billups wrote: It happens, sack up, feel lucky because you are.
Venting happens, sack up, and realize it's part of sports fandom and life in general.
It's long past time to bring this back to the court, let's do it with a small update:

Harvey Specter

Post by Harvey Specter »

PieceOfMeat wrote:Just frustrated, I know it's only one loss this season, blah blah blah. I need to vent a little.

1) D is all that matters
3) Clutch Shooters? Who the fuck needs em. Just look at our Kenpom AdjO stat baby!
5) Adjustments? Who the fuck needs em. We just need to do what we do, but do it more, and better.
6) Reliable and deep bench? Who the fuck needs it, give me 6.5 guys and I'm good.
7) Offense? Oop it off a timeout. Oh, it's not a timeout? uh...someone will have an open look if we pass it around enough. See #3.
8) Man, I really wish [insert star player here] didn't bolt for the NBA early, cause this year we're not as good as we were last year.

I mean, sure, it's gonna get us to the NCAA's....probably to the sweet 16....maybe the elite 8.....but what about beyond that?

So frustrating to see a team just run the same f'ing play over and over and kill us and for us to not, yet again, have a clutch shooter or be decent at free throws.

Sigh. exasperating.
so you're not happy with Sean Miller...
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

PieceOfMeat wrote:Just frustrated, I know it's only one loss this season, blah blah blah. I need to vent a little.

1) D is all that matters

Sigh. exasperating.
I feel like you got a little carried away with your narrative starting at point 3. But if points 1 and 2 were true, then why is one of the worst defenders in the rotation a starter, and the best defender comes off the bench and sees his floor time limited by the substitution pattern?
Daryl Zero

Post by Daryl Zero »

1) D is all that matters

Sigh. exasperating.
There, there.
Erlich Bachmann: Richard wrote the code, yes, but the inspiration was clear. Let me ask you something. How fast do you think you could jack off every guy in this room? Cause I know how long it would take me. And I could prove it.
loomer

Post by loomer »

The AdjO has been freefalling and is now down to #25. The defense was awful last night no question, but the offense has been worse over the course of the season. We shot 36% and were 0-7 from 3 in the 2nd half last night.