But But

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

3goggles

But But

Post by 3goggles »

I thought everybody was glad for it to be basketball season and you think this was the football forum! It's just one game that doesn't really mean anything. How many games did UCONN and Kentucky lose last year OOC? Did seam to effect them at all. Last year we peaked at this time and being a #1 seed did not mean JACK SHIT! Hell you can lose a game in football and still be in the hunt for the playoffs! Freak out if you want but it seems a little Crazy but what do I know! As Rodgers said R-E-L-A-X!!!!

BEAR DOWN BOYS!!!
Machina

Re: But But

Post by Machina »

If you can't see the bigger issues that is a you problem

I thought these were the games Miller was supposed to avoid.

Good teams don't win close games they avoid them
Harvey Specter

Post by Harvey Specter »

Machina wrote:If you can't see the bigger issues that is a you problem

I thought these were the games Miller was supposed to avoid.

Good teams don't win close games they avoid them
So now we are not a "good" team? Ummm, okay.... If any team were defined by their worst outing there would be no good ones. That was a bad loss that probably needed to happen... It has seemed obvious to me from the start that this team would have higher highs and lower lows than last year's team. Its ceiling is higher... Whether or not they realize that potential is yet to be determined.

Good teams occasionally have bad nights and lose to lesser opponents. What they NEVER do is get dominated and have their ass handed to them in a big and meaningful game. And next time Miller does will be the first.

You really are a piece of work... On a completely different plane. You're envy of and enmity for our perennial contender BB program is very curious. You clearly love "the little guy" and have contempt for the "blue blood". Sorry you don't feel comfortable as part of an alpha dog program.
Machina

Post by Machina »

Good teams don't win close games they avoid them is a quote from the Rockets GM.

You have no idea what you are talking about. I am not envy of Arizona Basketball, nor do I have any envy of Arizona Basketball. I love Arizona Basketball.

However I can see that this year's team and Miller have flaws that can and need to be corrected in order to get Miller's ceiling of success past the elite 8.

It is not like this game (UNLV) was the first time this year's team did not play to expectations for their talent level. I would say not meeting the level of expectation is more of the rule than the exception.
MountainCat

Post by MountainCat »

I have been following Arizona basketball for 35+ years and although I hated the fact we lost the other night, I also say that we are starting to grow up a little.....meaning our team is not perfect like some fans expect them to be at all times, yet they are entertaining and show that they can win anytime even coming from behind in a game. This loss will make us a much better team for the future. The chemistry between players has a couple of holes "at times", but we are not far off. Once we stand back and look at ourselves a little, we will be nearly unstoppable.

I actually expected more to complain about the officials on not just some, but a lot of bad calls during the game. There was no consistency of calls during the game, even for UNLV. At the end it got to us and we didn't punch our ticket in and were a little too soft on playing offense in the end. But guys, our defense is really good, that is why we had three chances in the last minutes to take the lead and the win. It was not by luck we had a chance.

We all have a right to complain, but I won't. Miller will continue leading the team to where some expect them to be, and I will always support them.

Does anyone realize that this week we are rooting for two top ten teams in basketball and football? I could only dream this as a long time fan and alumni and am proud of what our school is doing and what it stands for.

Go CATS. BEAR DOWN!
No Bandwagon Here! Always a Cat!