Bosy Billups

Steven Zimmerman?

Post by Bosy Billups »

Haven't heard his name in a while.

Any smoke or scoop?
Chicat

Re: Steven Zimmerman?

Post by Chicat »

Chances of him playing for Arizona are not good.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

In all seriousness, I'm starting to care less because Ristic as a sophomore is going to be a hell of center. On both sides of the ball. Even if Rabb were to commit, I'd like to see Rabb slide over to his preferred 4-spot for 15 minutes a game and give those minutes at the 5 to Ristic.
luteformayor2

Post by luteformayor2 »

Longhorned wrote:In all seriousness, I'm starting to care less because Ristic as a sophomore is going to be a hell of center. On both sides of the ball. Even if Rabb were to commit, I'd like to see Rabb slide over to his preferred 4-spot for 15 minutes a game and give those minutes at the 5 to Ristic.
Very much agree.

Ristic has very high upside from a size meets fundamentals vibe. The dude seems to be unfazed in any game he plays, where as Tarc often will be noticeably shaken out of his game by the smallest possible things.

A front court of Tarc, Ristic, Ashley, Rabb, and Victor will be very nice next year. Yes, that front court is absolutely possible and perhaps probable.
JMarkJohns

Post by JMarkJohns »

Wrong shoes...
catgrad97

Post by catgrad97 »

luteformayor2 wrote:
Longhorned wrote:In all seriousness, I'm starting to care less because Ristic as a sophomore is going to be a hell of center. On both sides of the ball. Even if Rabb were to commit, I'd like to see Rabb slide over to his preferred 4-spot for 15 minutes a game and give those minutes at the 5 to Ristic.
Very much agree.

Ristic has very high upside from a size meets fundamentals vibe. The dude seems to be unfazed in any game he plays, where as Tarc often will be noticeably shaken out of his game by the smallest possible things.

A front court of Tarc, Ristic, Ashley, Rabb, and Victor will be very nice next year. Yes, that front court is absolutely possible and perhaps probable.
Why there is such certainty of this happening when Ryan Anderson is our one-and-done next year, as a 4 only, defies my logic.

Sure, nice problem to have, but you're not going to have two one-and-dones competing for the same spot.
luteformayor2

Post by luteformayor2 »

catgrad97 wrote:
luteformayor2 wrote:
Very much agree.

Why there is such certainty of this happening when Ryan Anderson is our one-and-done next year, as a 4 only, defies my logic.

Sure, nice problem to have, but you're not going to have two one-and-dones competing for the same spot.
In regards to certainty, I don't think it's certain. I do think that 4 of those 5 together is certain though. All indications from the last 3 years are that Tarc is surrounded by smart people, so if he is not first round I don't believe he would leave. Ashley leaving is probably more probable but he's not being projected too high and he could really gain from a senior year.

Yes, that is a lot of people to have up front, it's too bad we are in that situation.
catgrad97

Post by catgrad97 »

The 4 position is Anderson's next year. He averaged nearly a double-double against Big East competition two years ago, and he's not transferring in for one year of coming off the bench. Victor will be his backup.

Ashley is done at Arizona after this year, and the only hole Rabb can fill on this roster is as a dominant 5 with Ristic pushing him every day--assuming Zeus leaves.

I'm not sure why other scenarios are really even being discussed beyond wishful thinking, to be honest with you. One-and-dones don't commit to schools who have returning starters at their position(s).
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

catgrad97 wrote:The 4 position is Anderson's next year. He averaged nearly a double-double against Big East competition two years ago, and he's not transferring in for one year of coming off the bench. Victor will be his backup.

Ashley is done at Arizona after this year, and the only hole Rabb can fill on this roster is as a dominant 5 with Ristic pushing him every day--assuming Zeus leaves.

I'm not sure why other scenarios are really even being discussed beyond wishful thinking, to be honest with you. One-and-dones don't commit to schools who have returning starters at their position(s).
If Ashley returns, Rabb won't come, and of course he may not come in any case. If Ashley and Tarc leave as planned, then Rabb is the starting center with Anderson at the 4. That said, it may be that unexpected things are happening with Ristic's development and it's hard to say how that will affect things. Something wasn't right with the evaluation he got during his brief high school stint. That's a 5-star center. If his defense keeps improving as it has, he could get some minutes in March alongside Ashley instead of sliding Ashley to the 5 as Tarc's backup. No matter what, there will be that sophomore jump.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

In my opinion, Ashley is gone and rabb comes down to Zeus. It Zeus stays rabb goes to cal or elsewhere and next year we have Zeus/ristic at the 5 and Anderson/Victor at the 4 (and Comanche). If Zeus leaves then slide rabb in for zeus. What either way it's still a great post team.
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

ASUHATER! wrote:In my opinion, Ashley is gone and rabb comes down to Zeus. It Zeus stays rabb goes to cal or elsewhere and next year we have Zeus/ristic at the 5 and Anderson/Victor at the 4 (and Comanche). If Zeus leaves then slide rabb in for zeus. What either way it's still a great post team.
FWIW Tarc plans on leaving. Another year won't help his draft stock in any case.
Bosy Billups

Post by Bosy Billups »

Longhorned wrote:
catgrad97 wrote:The 4 position is Anderson's next year. He averaged nearly a double-double against Big East competition two years ago, and he's not transferring in for one year of coming off the bench. Victor will be his backup.

If Ashley returns, Rabb won't come, and of course he may not come in any case. If Ashley and Tarc leave as planned, then Rabb is the starting center with Anderson at the 4. That said, it may be that unexpected things are happening with Ristic's development and it's hard to say how that will affect things. Something wasn't right with the evaluation he got during his brief high school stint. That's a 5-star center. If his defense keeps improving as it has, he could get some minutes in March alongside Ashley instead of sliding Ashley to the 5 as Tarc's backup. No matter what, there will be that sophomore jump.
This is the juice. Totally forgot, he had aspirations to be one and done if memory recalls. I blew it off like a -KReal thing, but he could get there if his minutes increase as will the attention. Absolutely correct, that is a 5 star, and he doesn't look like a freshman, but still has room to develop.
Zimmerman would sit on the bench. I just hope Victor sticks it out, solid dude.
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

Are we feeling better about Rabb? Last I checked, he was leaning Cal or UK.
gumby

Post by gumby »

Is Tarc good with languages? Don't understand "stock won't improve" rationale. To me, it's an argument to stay, have fun and get a degree. Going overseas regardless. Or, is he being nudged to go to make room?

Don't see the point in Zimmerman. Have that already.

What's Ashley in the NBA? Shorter Channing Frye? Shake my head when I hear that he was going to depart at the end of last year? To do what? Play the 4? Those NBA guys are stronger than the UTEP guy he couldn't check. To be a 3? Um, worse handle than Derrick Williams, who barely plays.

BTW, have we had a Grant Jerrett update lately?
Last edited by gumby on Tue Jan 06, 2015 10:55 am, edited 2 times in total.
Right where I want to be.
Bosy Billups

Post by Bosy Billups »

gumby wrote:Is Tarc good with languages? Don't understand "stock won't improve" rationale
To me, it's an argument to stay, have fun and get a degree. Going overseas regardless. Or, is he being nudged to go to make room?

What's Ashley in the NBA? Shorter Channing Frye? Shake my head when I hear that he was going to depart at the end of last year? To do what? Play the 4? Those NBA guys are stronger than the UTEP guy he couldn't check. To be a 3? Um, worse handle than Derrick Williams, who barely plays.

BTW, have we had a Grant Jerrrett update lately?
Top prospects need to cash in when they can IMO, ready or not. You never know when an injury will hit or you get found and stock plummets. The least any of these kids deserve is getting paid for, how many hours have they put into basketball to make the NCAA and many many people rich?

Sonny Vicaro
Last edited by Bosy Billups on Mon Jan 05, 2015 10:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

gumby wrote:Is Tarc good with languages? Don't understand "stock won't improve" rationale
To me, it's an argument to stay, have fun and get a degree. Going overseas regardless. Or, is he being nudged to go to make room?

I think Ashley would help himself NBA-wise with another year of learning, kind of like Solomon Hill.

I also don't relate to the idea of Tarc leaving college. He's the starting center for the U of A. Beat that. My guess is that he'd be welcomed back with open arms. And speaking of arms, he doesn't have the length or the hands for the NBA, unless it's as a backup journeyman. In college, he boxes out well so that his teammates can grab rebounds, and his defense against opposing big men is his strength. I may be wrong, but I don't see that as value to be capitalized on before graduating.
Daryl Zero

Post by Daryl Zero »

If you really like college I see that but you don't have a big window to play professional sports. I bet most are done by the time they are in their early 30s.
Erlich Bachmann: Richard wrote the code, yes, but the inspiration was clear. Let me ask you something. How fast do you think you could jack off every guy in this room? Cause I know how long it would take me. And I could prove it.
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

Daryl Zero wrote:

If you really like college I see that but you don't have a big window to play professional sports. I bet most are done by the time they are in their early 30s.
That's the thing. I really like college. I think Steve Kerr and Sean Elliott did, too. Not to mention Frank Kaminsky. I honestly don't relate to the limited window for professional sports. Even with Sean Elliott's health problems, I think he maximized what he could do as a pro after maximizing what he did in college. My guess is that Tarc's pro career will last the same amount of years regardless of whether he spends his senior year at Arizona or not.
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

I personally feel that Zeus will have better numbers in the NBA than in college. The league protects big guys...
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
UofAlum05

Post by UofAlum05 »

So is ASU a player now in the Zimmerman sweepstakes?
JMarkJohns wrote:Wrong shoes...
Bear Down Vegas

Post by Bear Down Vegas »

Funny Zimm story from a couple weeks ago at the UNLV v Cat game. I had two pretty great seats & we were taking turns using them since we had seats spread out all over the place. Turns out our seats were two rows in front of Steven. So at the end of the game (0.7 seconds left) many of the fans around us were hopping over seats to get down to storm the court.

By the time the game was over there were only a handful of us standing & watching as most everyone was either on the court or walking out. I turned around & he was still there. I said to him, "I know you're not coming to Arizona but you're not coming here either my man."

He laughed. Hard.

Good times.
gumby

Post by gumby »

Longhorned wrote:
Daryl Zero wrote:

That's the thing. I really like college. I think Steve Kerr and Sean Elliott did, too. Not to mention Frank Kaminsky. I honestly don't relate to the limited window for professional sports. Even with Sean Elliott's health problems, I think he maximized what he could do as a pro after maximizing what he did in college. My guess is that Tarc's pro career will last the same amount of years regardless of whether he spends his senior year at Arizona or not.
Perfectly said. Tarc as a 34-year-old center? The odds of that are as long as getting a college injury that permanently affects his career. (Must be a stat on this somewhere -- exceedingly rare). His career isn't going to end because of old age.

These guys need actuaries, not agents.

And, yeah, college is a blast. More fun than schlepping bags in Asia Minor. If not, you're doing it wrong. Honor the process!
Last edited by gumby on Tue Jan 06, 2015 11:05 am, edited 2 times in total.
gumby

Post by gumby »

Olsondogg wrote:I personally feel that Zeus will have better numbers in the NBA than in college. The league protects big guys...
Have to have the ball first. The passes come faster and harder in the NBA.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

I just want to know what the attraction to uCla is anymore...I mean his mom tweeted out the lack of fan support in LA. Is it the "less-damp" new confines of a refurbed arena? Is it the banners that hang above the heads of those too young to witness any of those championships? Is it the coach? Is it the coach's son who is the #1 scoring option?

What is it exactly?
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
gumby

Post by gumby »

8 clap. Plenty of good seats for friends and family.
Bosy Billups

Post by Bosy Billups »

Sounds like the next Withey for Selfie
gumby

Post by gumby »

Frontcourt logjam is clearing ...
Beachcat97

Post by Beachcat97 »

Olsondogg wrote:I just want to know what the attraction to uCla is anymore...I mean his mom tweeted out the lack of fan support in LA. Is it the "less-damp" new confines of a refurbed arena? Is it the banners that hang above the heads of those too young to witness any of those championships? Is it the coach? Is it the coach's son who is the #1 scoring option?

What is it exactly?
Man, I've been asking this forever.
dmjcat

Post by dmjcat »

Piece on Zimmerman............His mother is a clone of Jeff Witheys mom. She doesn't want her son to actually commit to anyone so he can later change his mind.

http://www.finditwestvalley.com/breakin ... 51846.html
Katzenfreund

Post by Katzenfreund »

Last edited by Katzenfreund on Thu May 07, 2015 2:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
enfuego

Post by enfuego »

gumby wrote:Is Tarc good with languages? Don't understand "stock won't improve" rationale. To me, it's an argument to stay, have fun and get a degree. Going overseas regardless. Or, is he being nudged to go to make room?

Tarczewski destroyed any chance of getting to the NBA when he chose to go to Arizona. Kansas's system can make even marginal centers look like draftable NBA back ups. The kid has no offensive skills and the fact he has tiny hands of stone doesn't really help much.
"Arizona got uppercutted out of the 2018 tournament by No. 13 Buffalo, which delivered one of the most overwhelming, lopsided upsets by a double-digit seed in tournament history (89-68). "
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Agreed on the LOI. As to Zimmersmom, I do feel most know her more than her son.

As for Tarc, he will be a 10 year NBA guy filling a lane clogging, pick setting rolr for some team or teams
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
CBCat

Post by CBCat »

enfuego wrote:
gumby wrote:Is Tarc good with languages? Don't understand "stock won't improve" rationale. To me, it's an argument to stay, have fun and get a degree. Going overseas regardless. Or, is he being nudged to go to make room?

Tarczewski destroyed any chance of getting to the NBA when he chose to go to Arizona. Kansas's system can make even marginal centers look like draftable NBA back ups. The kid has no offensive skills and the fact he has tiny hands of stone doesn't really help much.
Aldrich Cole says hi. What a world beater. Jeffleigh yeah he's really ripping it up isn't he?

Fuegs making a prediction about Tarc is like a fart in the wind.
gumby

Post by gumby »

enfuego wrote:

You destroyed your chance a critical thinking somewhere along the line.
azcat34

Post by azcat34 »

enfuego wrote:

What specifically in Kansas' system would have made Tarc a much better player/potential pro?
Bangkok Wildcat

Post by Bangkok Wildcat »

enfuego wrote:

Enfuego, were you one of the d-bag, butt-hurt, spurned KU fans hoping he would blow out his knee at Arizona too??? I remember reading a ton of classless posts about Zeus the day he committed to us over KU.....this has fueled my hatred of KU ever since (even though both parents and many family members are alumni).
enfuego

Post by enfuego »

Bangkok Wildcat wrote:
enfuego wrote:

Enfuego, were you one of the d-bag, butt-hurt, spurned KU fans hoping he would blow out his knee at Arizona too??? I remember reading a ton of classless posts about Zeus the day he committed to us over KU.....this has fueled my hatred of KU ever since (even though both parents and many family members are alumni).
I don't remember reading anyone wishing harm or injury on the fella. Believe you may be thinking of Kentucky fans on some other recruitment in which their target went elsewhere.

Impressive line last night for Tarczewski: 23 minutes, 0 rebounds, 0 blocks, 4 points for the big 7 footer.
"Arizona got uppercutted out of the 2018 tournament by No. 13 Buffalo, which delivered one of the most overwhelming, lopsided upsets by a double-digit seed in tournament history (89-68). "
Bangkok Wildcat

Post by Bangkok Wildcat »

enfuego wrote:
Bangkok Wildcat wrote:
enfuego wrote:

I don't remember reading anyone wishing harm or injury on the fella. Believe you may be thinking of Kentucky fans on some other recruitment in which their target went elsewhere.

Impressive line last night for Tarczewski: 23 minutes, 0 rebounds, 0 blocks, 4 points for the big 7 footer.
Wrong, I was banned from the Shiver for a polite post of something to the effect that it's probably not in your interest to wish injuries on lost recruits....in response to some wishing him injury......only time I've ever been banned.

Look it up and see how classless some of your fans were.
whatisee

Post by whatisee »

is playing in an hour on ESPNU against Montverde