This pic says it all #McKale

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

Bosy Billups

This pic says it all #McKale

Post by Bosy Billups »

a4ragtop

Re: This pic says it all #McKale

Post by a4ragtop »

This "stripe-out" stuff is too froo-froo for me to follow. My bro and I went to the Oregon game on Wednesday ... I had red on, he convinced me to wear white, and we were the only ones in white in sec. 153. Whatever.

Let's just wear red and holler our lungs out and and be done with it.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

People complaining about a tiny little thing where people wore different colored shirts one time need to reevaluate their lives.
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
Bosy Billups

Post by Bosy Billups »

Agree, that pic is not about the pinstripes. It's about McKale on a sleepy, rainy Friday night against a mediocre team.

And if you want to bring it back to the pinstripes. That is the first one we've had? Fuck, that looks like it's an annual traditional game that the community talks about for months.

That pic is about what Lute and Sean have built.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

McKale looked awesome tonight. Best home crowd in the country.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
CBCat

Post by CBCat »

52 yr old who went to every game in McKale as a student, when there was zero "student section" and the place was still sold out and sounded like a rock concert every game. Yes, I'm so old I actually watched AC Green and Gary Payton the 1st play in McKale during the Ralph Sampson era. Thought it looked fantastic on TV. Gred Byrne tweeted about it during the game and was very proud of the fans, and that's good enough for me. And believe me that's saying something from this er, older alum.
EVCat

Post by EVCat »

The fact that we can pull this kind of stuff off without putting the right color "free" sponsor t-shirts on the seats is amazing.

There is no reason to limit having fun with the crowd. It's not like we are doing these things to get people to show up...
RockyRaccoon

Post by RockyRaccoon »

Chicat wrote:McKale looked awesome tonight. Best home crowd in the country.
lol

Sorry but when the majority of the the court side crowd is 80 years old you don't get that distinction.
I...drink...your...MILKSHAKE!

"I'm better at life than you." -RockyRaccoon/Richard Sherman

"Those that don't understand the importance of great coaching, don't understand the game." -RR

"WATCH THE GAMES" -RR
a4ragtop

Post by a4ragtop »

ASUHATER! wrote:People complaining about a tiny little thing where people wore different colored shirts one time need to reevaluate their lives.
Or maybe they're just "complaining about a tiny little thing" because that's what they do when they're in a good mood, because the important things are going great!

Seriously, I've had the privilege to get into two games at McKale so far (Utah and Oregon), and crowd's been great. Fired up on defense, getting on the refs when called for, cheering our team on. Packed to the rafters!

I just wish the crowd would be up for standing for - I don't know, 4 or 5 minutes - at the start of each half, instead of sitting down right away!
Puerco

Post by Puerco »

ASUHATER! wrote:People complaining about a tiny little thing where people wore different colored shirts one time need to reevaluate their lives.
And people complaining about people complaining about a tiny little thing...
'A parent is the one person who is supposed to make their kid think they can do anything. Says they're beautiful even when they're ugly. Thinks they're smart even when they go to Arizona State.' -- Jack Donaghy
Bangkok Wildcat

Post by Bangkok Wildcat »

RockyRaccoon wrote:
lol

Sorry but when the majority of the the court side crowd is 80 years old you don't get that distinction.
Rocky, I've read only two of your posts so far.....this one pissing on a sold out McKale and the other saying Zeus has no future in pro ball, even overseas. Did someone piss on your Wheaties today? Or are you just trying to piss people off?

And you're wrong, of course it's subjective, but McKale IS the best home crowd in the country IMHO! Yes, we have Senior Citizens (show some respect for your elders if you have any manners at all) as well as students and other Wildcats of all ages in the crowd.....that is what makes us awesome......generation after generation continue to support our beloved Wildcats.

Love it or leave it!
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

RockyRaccoon wrote:
lol

Duly noted. Thank you for your perspective and contribution to the discussion.
Bangkok Wildcat wrote:Rocky, I've read only two of your posts so far.....this one pissing on a sold out McKale and the other saying Zeus has no future in pro ball, even overseas. Did someone piss on your Wheaties today? Or are you just trying to piss people off?
It's the latter. Hence why he recently called Lute one of the most overrated coaches in history. Trolls just live for that delicious negative attention trolling gives them.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
azcat34

Post by azcat34 »

RockyRaccoon wrote:
lol

Those people have also probably had those seats since you were shitting your diapers. Probably should show a little respect.
Catatonic

Post by Catatonic »

The thing about our crowd is that they are not casual fans. They make a big investment in time and money. They know the game and love the players.

Korcheck gets an ovation entering the game a week after a huge performance on the road.

They are there at the end to watch Trey Mason as if he was there own son.

They are relentless on the refs. Just like Lute and Sean.

The whole crowd held its breath and hoped Aaron would make the free throw.

We hear UofA UofA whoever we are on the road.

Etc. etc. best fans in the country is not a stretch.
CBCat

Post by CBCat »

Catatonic wrote:The thing about our crowd is that they are not casual fans. They make a big investment in time and money. They know the game and love the players.

Korcheck gets an ovation entering the game a week after a huge performance on the road.

Fantastic post. Really sums it up...

...And the entire crowd stayed to watch that Mason shot. Stayed till the very last second of play. Not a stretch indeed!
cats101

Post by cats101 »

McKale looked and sounded awesome tonight as usual. It's just a stripe out get over it.
Daryl Zero

Post by Daryl Zero »

CBCat wrote:
Catatonic wrote:The thing about our crowd is that they are not casual fans. They make a big investment in time and money. They know the game and love the players.

Fantastic post. Really sums it up...

...And the entire crowd stayed to watch that Mason shot. Stayed till the very last second of play. Not a stretch indeed!
+1
Erlich Bachmann: Richard wrote the code, yes, but the inspiration was clear. Let me ask you something. How fast do you think you could jack off every guy in this room? Cause I know how long it would take me. And I could prove it.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Totally.

We pack stadiums whether in LA, SF, NYC, Chicago, etc etc. I had a friend who went to the UNC game a few years back and said it was about 40% CATS fans.
RockyRaccoon

Post by RockyRaccoon »

"Sometimes history needs a push." -Lenin

"Down with the established hierarchy, down with the bourgeois sensibilities, down with old white faces and matching white hair dotting court side at McKale." -RockyRaccoon

PUT THE STUDENTS COURT SIDE!

"Those that don't understand the importance of great coaching, don't understand the game." -RR

"WATCH THE GAMES" -RR
Bangkok Wildcat

Post by Bangkok Wildcat »

RockyRaccoon wrote:
lol

Great, I get to use the 'Add Foe' function for the first time....thanks Rocky.......I just wish the function would be renamed to 'Add Douchebag' in your honor.

Why don't you to go back to your ASU Board or wherever you crawled out from.

Speaking of the McKale crowd, one if my fondest memories was the Overtime win vs. a top ranked Duke in '90 (?).....the crowd was standing and shouting it's lungs out the whole game.....next to me and my date was an elderly couple who were not only matching our energy but almost exceeding it. I was, and still am, impressed with them.....and it was one hell of a great game!
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

RockyRaccoon wrote:"Sometimes history needs a push." -Lenin

"Down with the established hierarchy, down with the bourgeois sensibilities, down with old white faces and matching white hair dotting court side at McKale." -RockyRaccoon

No. And cut off revenue which bankrolls the team we love. No.

Students are fine right where they are. Wish I had their seats back when I was in college. 1999-2004
a4ragtop

Post by a4ragtop »

CalStateTempe wrote:
RockyRaccoon wrote:

Students are fine right where they are. Wish I had their seats back when I was in college. 1999-2004
Here's my thought. Put the student section at the south end of McKale at the first half. Then, at halftime, have them swap seats with the folks at the other end, so that they're where they are now, at the north end, for the second half.

That way, we get to have the students on defense for the whole game.
RockyRaccoon

Post by RockyRaccoon »

CalStateTempe wrote:

"If it were necessary to give the briefest possible definition of imperialism, we should have to say that imperialism is the monopoly stage of capitalism."
-VI Lenin

"WATCH THE GAMES" -RR
catgrad97

Post by catgrad97 »

RockyRaccoon wrote:
CalStateTempe wrote:

"If it were necessary to give the briefest possible definition of imperialism, we should have to say that imperialism is the monopoly stage of capitalism."
-VI Lenin
"The trolls have dumped shit on the revolution from head to toe."
-Leon Trotsky
Harvey Specter

Post by Harvey Specter »

It's a surprise to the upside that you know who Lenin is....

Just out of curiosity... Would your opinion be different if the faces weren't white? Just trying to understand if ageism is the only prejudice you are spewing on this forum. My guess is probably not.
GoCats13

Post by GoCats13 »

RockyRaccoon wrote:
lol

If you literally never say anything positive about Arizona, do you really get the distinction of being a U of A fan?
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

a4ragtop wrote:
Here's my thought. Put the student section at the south end of McKale at the first half. Then, at halftime, have them swap seats with the folks at the other end, so that they're where they are now, at the north end, for the second half.

That way, we get to have the students on defense for the whole game.
I'd rather just split them in half and put half behind each basket. Along the sides looks better on TV but I don't think it's more imposing on the other team.
We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion
RockyRaccoon

Post by RockyRaccoon »

Harvey Specter wrote:

It's a surprise to the upside that you know who Lenin is....

Just out of curiosity... Would your opinion be different if the faces weren't white? Just trying to understand if ageism is the only prejudice you are spewing on this forum. My guess is probably not.
Ha. We don't live in a world where the faces would ever be anything but white in a setting like that.

I'm white FYI.

"WATCH THE GAMES" -RR
Machina

Post by Machina »

And what are you going to cut out of the budget?
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

RockyRaccoon wrote:
lol

http://www.ncaa.com/video/basketball-me ... tball-fans
EastCoastCat

Post by EastCoastCat »

That attendance number over the past 30 years is so impressive.
gumby

Post by gumby »

Chicat wrote:
RockyRaccoon wrote:
lol

Duly noted. Thank you for your perspective and contribution to the discussion.
Bangkok Wildcat wrote:Rocky, I've read only two of your posts so far.....this one pissing on a sold out McKale and the other saying Zeus has no future in pro ball, even overseas. Did someone piss on your Wheaties today? Or are you just trying to piss people off?
It's the latter. Hence why he recently called Lute one of the most overrated coaches in history. Trolls just live for that delicious negative attention trolling gives them.
Convinced he's en fuego, or a Benedict Arnold fan.
Right where I want to be.
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

I sometimes wonder what certain individuals are like in real life.

Then I realize that not being able to fall asleep is highly agitating...
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
gumby

Post by gumby »

EastCoastCat wrote:That attendance number over the past 30 years is so impressive.
Rocky's response.

Right where I want to be.