at ASsU discussion &/or predictions

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

PieceOfMeat

at ASsU discussion &/or predictions

Post by PieceOfMeat »

FUCK ASsU!!
It's long past time to bring this back to the court, let's do it with a small update:

ghostwhitehorse

Re: at ASsU discussion &/or predictions

Post by ghostwhitehorse »

No need to whisper POM.

FUCK ASU!!!!!!!!!!!!

(what the hell? Only font size up to 200? Feh! I say feh on that! Smells of elderberries that what that is! Feh!)
Irish27

Post by Irish27 »

It will be 65% UofA fans in the arena up there.
2019 & 2021 Basketball RAP Winner/2022 Football RAP Winner
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Irish27 wrote:It will be 65% UofA fans in the arena up there.
Hell Yeah! I'll be one of those 65%.

What should I be expecting regarding the fan experience at WFA? Never been to a CATS BB game there.
Luuuuuuuute

Post by Luuuuuuuute »

CalStateTempe wrote:

What should I be expecting regarding the fan experience at WFA? Never been to a CATS BB game there.
It's kind of like a Wildcats home game, except with a lot of ugly colors on the court and in the lower levels (those not smart enough to pay off their season tickets by selling them to Cats fans :) ), and no banners hanging from the rafters to distract you like in McKale. I go just about every year and I've never had a problem. Obviously if they pull the upset it sucks, but it's a fun atmosphere.

BEAR DOWN!
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

CalStateTempe wrote:

It's pretty fun (well when we win...I've been to two games there, one we lost...that wasn't fun). It's interesting since 3/4 of the noise comes from the Arizona fans in the upper deck.
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

It's long past time to bring this back to the court, let's do it with a small update:

Bangkok Wildcat

Post by Bangkok Wildcat »

I predict the following: 1). ASSU will shoot 'lights out' and give us a tougher than expected game....it's their Super Bowl. 2). Their fans will be really obnoxious 3). Jahii won't be doing any chin-ups on the rim. 4). The TV coverage will show footage of our loss ad-nauseam to hype the game up. 5). The comment of 'if Jahii had stayed his Senior Year, we would hav won!' comment will be used on their boards.

Dear Lord & Buddha, I hooe I'm wrong and we humiliate them.....I won't be able to see the game....can anyone please post it on YouTube after? Thanks!
Bosy Billups

Post by Bosy Billups »

I think it would be really pimp if no one made any kind of fuss over this game. Like, they may be a rival in football and that's it. Like, our rivals may be someone like UCLA, and SDSU, and the big dogs outside of the conference.

ASU = another practice.

Why get worked up?
cats101

Post by cats101 »

Just bought my tickets.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

Looks like they still have $55 seats available if you need 2. A single is $35. http://ev10.evenue.net/cgi-bin/ncommerc ... mDesktop=1
Puerco

Post by Puerco »

Bosy Billups wrote:I think it would be really pimp if no one made any kind of fuss over this game. Like, they may be a rival in football and that's it. Like, our rivals may be someone like UCLA, and SDSU, and the big dogs outside of the conference.

ASU = another practice.

Why get worked up?
That would be pimp.
'A parent is the one person who is supposed to make their kid think they can do anything. Says they're beautiful even when they're ugly. Thinks they're smart even when they go to Arizona State.' -- Jack Donaghy
Gilbertcat

Post by Gilbertcat »

It was pretty sad they pretended to have demand and didn't release a lot tickets last month. Then they realized nobody wants to see them in Tempe and gave a ton to the students in Tucson to sell. Great marketing job to fill up with Az fans.
Lute4God

Post by Lute4God »

Bangkok Wildcat wrote:I predict the following: 1). ASSU will shoot 'lights out' and give us a tougher than expected game....it's their Super Bowl. 2). Their fans will be really obnoxious 3). Jahii won't be doing any chin-ups on the rim. 4). The TV coverage will show footage of our loss ad-nauseam to hype the game up. 5). The comment of 'if Jahii had stayed his Senior Year, we would hav won!' comment will be used on their boards.

Dear Lord & Buddha, I hooe I'm wrong and we humiliate them.....I won't be able to see the game....can anyone please post it on YouTube after? Thanks!
Hey BW, you just need to download vlc to see replays of UA games (or live) on the pac12 network:

http://pac-12.com/tv-listings/pac-12-arizona is the schedule
xrxs.net/# is a list of links to paste (contol-v) into VLC to start the stream

Replays of UA game that are not originally broadcast on pac12 usually come up about 2 days after. Games that are on pac12 are rebroadcast within a day.

While you are at it, watch "The Drive" which has some nice footage of UA practices with Miller in full force.

You dont need any TV package to watch these pac12 streams!
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

Odogg is there. You're welcome.
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
Bangkok Wildcat

Post by Bangkok Wildcat »

Lute4God wrote:
Bangkok Wildcat wrote:I predict the following: 1). ASSU will shoot 'lights out' and give us a tougher than expected game....it's their Super Bowl. 2). Their fans will be really obnoxious 3). Jahii won't be doing any chin-ups on the rim. 4). The TV coverage will show footage of our loss ad-nauseam to hype the game up. 5). The comment of 'if Jahii had stayed his Senior Year, we would hav won!' comment will be used on their boards.

Hey BW, you just need to download vlc to see replays of UA games (or live) on the pac12 network:

http://pac-12.com/tv-listings/pac-12-arizona is the schedule
xrxs.net/# is a list of links to paste (contol-v) into VLC to start the stream

Replays of UA game that are not originally broadcast on pac12 usually come up about 2 days after. Games that are on pac12 are rebroadcast within a day.

While you are at it, watch "The Drive" which has some nice footage of UA practices with Miller in full force.

You dont need any TV package to watch these pac12 streams!
Thanks Lute4God. Just saw it on then P12 sked and will do....just won't be able to see it live like I can with the P12 network and ESPN.

Saw the Drive already and it's really cool......they could/should have done 30 minutes on us though as 15 was too short. The contrast between us and ASU was pretty funny....UA about intensity of practice vs. ASU giving felons a second chance, lol.
TheBlackLodge

Post by TheBlackLodge »

In the presser today, Coach Miller stated that PJC still hasn't practiced since the Oregon game and may not play on Saturday.
Formerly McLurvin
mrqsjhnsnsux

Post by mrqsjhnsnsux »

Pregame lubrication at BWW on Rural is always fun. But then again, I'm an alcoholic with a penchant for day drinking, so it may not be as much fun as I think it is...prediction of .16 BAC before tip off.
97cats

Post by 97cats »

100 - 0
Katzenfreund

Post by Katzenfreund »

Last edited by Katzenfreund on Thu May 07, 2015 1:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bear Down Vegas

Post by Bear Down Vegas »

97cats wrote:100 - 0
I kept checking this thread waiting for this post. Always a favorite. LOL
Luuuuuuuute

Post by Luuuuuuuute »

84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

84Cat

Post by 84Cat »

Interesting!

UA basketball: Without PJC, Rondae takes point-guard reps
Parker Jackson-Cartwright still hasn’t practiced after suffering a concussion last week, making it appear less likely he will play Saturday at ASU.

“I’m not sure he’ll practice today; I don’t believe so,” UA coach Sean Miller said during his weekly news conference today. “So as we get closer to the game whether he’ll be ready, we’ll know more then, but I don’t have the answer at this point.”

While Gabe York has taken practice reps at the point all season, Rondae Hollis-Jefferson is now being commissioned there, too.

“It’s going to call on Gabe (York) and Elliott (Pitts) to play more minutes," Miller said. "They did that in the last game and I though both guys did a really good job. Mostly Gabe but we also let Rondae (play the point) in case we got into an injury or foul trouble. You always want to have three who can play that position because of an injury or foul trouble. You don’t want to get caught where you can’t execute your normal system.”

Miller put Hollis-Jefferson out there during Wednesday’s practice, catching the rest of the Wildcats somewhat by surprise.

“It was a little weird but that the end of the day coach Miller knows what he ‘s doing and both T.J. and I thought it was good as well,” York said. “He was good out there.”

Jackson-Cartwright suffered a concussion on Jan. 28 against Oregon and has not practiced since then. He also did not sit on the team bench Jan. 30 against Oregon State because of the noise inside McKale Center.

Miller cautioned that ASU was a better, different team than it was last month at McKale Center. The Sun Devils have won three of their past five games, and one of thoses losses was in overtime against Oregon last weekend.

Particularly, Miller expressed concern about three-point shooting. ASU has made the most threes of any Pac-12 team in all games (7.6) and the Sun Devils have attempted the most threes of any confernece team in Pac-12 games (21.3).

"Their team has changed quite a bit," Miller said. Shooters "Jonathan Gilling and Bo Barnes are more a part of what they do now... they’re more productive and they contribute a ton to ASU's offense. (Along with Shaquielle McKissic), the lion's share of the three-point damage is with that group."
http://tucson.com/sports/blogs/pascoe/u ... f882f.html
azthrillhouse

Post by azthrillhouse »

Luuuuuuuute wrote:
His delivery on this line was classic.

http://www.arizonawildcats.com/mediaPor ... Time=10:54
Luuuuuuuute

Post by Luuuuuuuute »

Anyone ever sat in Section Z at McKale North? It's right behind the basket opposite the student section. I don't want to get seats there and not be able to see the basket and/or have a large chunk of the court blocked by the shot clock. Any help is appreciated.

BEAR DOWN!
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

azthrillhouse wrote:
Luuuuuuuute wrote:
His delivery on this line was classic.

http://www.arizonawildcats.com/mediaPor ... Time=10:54
LMAO. With a great miller smile and head shake. ASU = afterthought for the UofA BB machine.
cats101

Post by cats101 »

Gilbertcat wrote:It was pretty sad they pretended to have demand and didn't release a lot tickets last month. Then they realized nobody wants to see them in Tempe and gave a ton to the students in Tucson to sell. Great marketing job to fill up with Az fans.

Agree. I logged in right at 9 and all the tickets were gone and they were trying to get me to buy mini packs. Then they suspiciously take the wall down and release more tickets to the public. They're full of shit. They've been trying for years to keep us out but it will never work.
Machina

Post by Machina »

The @ ASU game is the closest it comes to the NCAA tournament games.

Meaning that PAC-12 is 90% Arizona. NCAA Tournament it is close to 50% U of A if it is on the West Coast if not more. @ASU it is 40% U of A fans/
Luuuuuuuute

Post by Luuuuuuuute »

cats101 wrote:
Gilbertcat wrote:It was pretty sad they pretended to have demand and didn't release a lot tickets last month. Then they realized nobody wants to see them in Tempe and gave a ton to the students in Tucson to sell. Great marketing job to fill up with Az fans.
Agree. I logged in right at 9 and all the tickets were gone and they were trying to get me to buy mini packs. Then they suspiciously take the wall down and release more tickets to the public. They're full of shit. They've been trying for years to keep us out but it will never work.
I keep seeing references to them removing the curtain/wall (or as I like to call it, the REAL Curtain of Distraction), but do you know for sure they're removing it? I thought they made a big deal out of how "permanent" it is.

I just figured they held a bunch of seats trying to blackmail people into buying mini-packs (i.e. to keep Wildcats fans out), then released those seats this week for individual game sales (i.e. Wildcats fans). Either way, Craigslist or Stubhub are better, AND you're not handing asu any more money at their exorbitant prices!

Side note, it's hilarious the Craigslist ads that say "I'll only sell to asu fans" and they're trying to sell their lower level seats for $150. Like any asu fan is gonna pay that! If they're such a big asu fan that they're willing to spend $150 for one game, they'd have already bought their season tickets for pretty much the same amount. Thanks for letting me rant :).

BEAR DOWN!
catgrad97

Post by catgrad97 »

Luuuuuuuute wrote:Side note, it's hilarious the Craigslist ads that say "I'll only sell to asu fans" and they're trying to sell their lower level seats for $150. Like any asu fan is gonna pay that! If they're such a big asu fan that they're willing to spend $150 for one game, they'd have already bought their season tickets for pretty much the same amount. Thanks for letting me rant :)
Incidentally, has devilswin99 unloaded his two center court seats for $125 a pop yet?
Luuuuuuuute

Post by Luuuuuuuute »

catgrad97 wrote:
Luuuuuuuute wrote:Side note, it's hilarious the Craigslist ads that say "I'll only sell to asu fans" and they're trying to sell their lower level seats for $150. Like any asu fan is gonna pay that! If they're such a big asu fan that they're willing to spend $150 for one game, they'd have already bought their season tickets for pretty much the same amount. Thanks for letting me rant :)
Incidentally, has devilswin99 unloaded his two center court seats for $125 a pop yet?
If he did, I guarantee it wasn't to some asu fans!
Machina

Post by Machina »

There are a fair number of ASSU "fans" that only show up when U of A is in town.
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

Machina wrote:There are a fair number of ASSU "fans" that only show up when U of A is in town.
Not at Arcadia Tavern, which is better than being there.
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

catgrad97 wrote:
I'm in the upper deck at $35 a ticket when the removed their curtain and released more tickets last week. Now sold out and tickets are on secondary markets only.
cats101

Post by cats101 »

More seats released in the bottom bowl..
ASUCatFan

Post by ASUCatFan »

Sweet! It's on Channel 11, which means I don't have to deal with a crappy stream.
TheBlackLodge

Post by TheBlackLodge »

If anyone is still on the fence about going to the game, tickets on StubHub are going well below face value.
Formerly McLurvin
UAEebs86

Post by UAEebs86 »

We are the people our parents warned us about.
-JB
2022 Survival Pool Co-Champion