Utah

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

3goggles

Re: Utah

Post by 3goggles »

Bangkok Wildcat wrote:
rgdeuce wrote:Their fans during the game were acting like they were the ones getting bent over and now they are all over social media saying the refs gave us the game.

Par for the course though for that entire state. Went to school there for a year, BYu and Utah fans are the most delusional college fans ive ever encountered
Sounds like you know them pretty well but there are some classy posts / congrats on Utes.Net. Anyways, they are a tough game for us at Utah.

P.S. Even if we beat them for the next 100 years, I'm still pissed about '98!!!!!!
Agree 100 percent
EVCat

Post by EVCat »

I'd love to see someone capture Miller calling the ref a "motherf**ker" after TJ's charge in the 2nd half. Miller points to the ref and says "that's on you...YOU" and points. Somehow, Fraschilla reads that to mean Miller agreed with the call. While still giving the death stare to the ref after pointing and saying "YOU", he snarls out the word "motherf**ker" with the camera right in his face.

Fran still insisted Miller agreed with the call :)
AZCatGirl

Post by AZCatGirl »

Posted in another thread. Love it.
“The reality is that the hardest games to win are over teams on their home court. Teams that don’t play those games can spin it however they want, but what they’re saying is, ‘We don’t want to lose in our non conference season.’" - Sean Miller
EVCat

Post by EVCat »

AZCatGirl wrote:Image

Thanks! This should live on. Best part was Fraschilla thinking that point to the ref and evil grin was Miller conceding it was a good call (in reality, it was a good call...TJ went in out of control and lowered a shoulder and flattened a Ute. But that is beside the point....)

I love how Rondae is walking by in earshot when the MF gets dropped...his eyes get big and he turns back to look at the situation like "oh shit...is he gonna get a T?"
catgrad97

Post by catgrad97 »

It was a terrible call. The defender was never established and fell backwards, getting the call anyway.

Fraschilla had a good point about not punishing 7-footers for their size, but that was lost in his attempts to support the refs when they had lost all consistency and were allowing themselves to be flat worked by both sides.

Great gif btw.
dmjcat

Post by dmjcat »

azcat49 wrote:
dmjcat wrote:
Disambiguator wrote:
dmjcat wrote:Utah plays extremely well at home. The Cats have had issues in a few road games (UNLV/OSU). Vegas likes the home team.

I expect that after the physical domination we displayed at Mckale Krysto is going to have his boys fired up....so fired up that I expect a great deal of early pushing and shoving.

I also expect to see some zone defense....perhaps quite a bit.

My prediction. If the game turns into another Stanford whistle-fest I expect RHJ and Tarc to get into early foul trouble. Utes by 7. If the PAC12 sends non-Mormon officials who will do their best to swallow their whistles we have a punchers chance.

So, with decent officiating we have a "puncher's chance"?! Maybe if we were playing the Jazz. You consistently tie yourself in knots to denigrate UA, to the point of sheer idiocy. Give it a rest.
Oh look, Reyditutos clone crawled out of the sewer.

I have a better idea boy...why don't YOU give it a rest.

Sheesh, if you can't handle posters picking someone other than the home team to win you shouldn't be reading (or posting) on message boards.

DMJ your perfect season of predictions just keeps humming along LOL
Wow, instead of celebrating the Cats big win you are running around attacking other posters pre-game predictions??? What kind of LOSER does that???

You must live a pretty miserable existence...........I pity you.
dmjcat

Post by dmjcat »

Disambiguator wrote:
dmjcat wrote:
Disambiguator wrote:
dmjcat wrote:Utah plays extremely well at home. The Cats have had issues in a few road games (UNLV/OSU). Vegas likes the home team.

I expect that after the physical domination we displayed at Mckale Krysto is going to have his boys fired up....so fired up that I expect a great deal of early pushing and shoving.

I also expect to see some zone defense....perhaps quite a bit.

My prediction. If the game turns into another Stanford whistle-fest I expect RHJ and Tarc to get into early foul trouble. Utes by 7. If the PAC12 sends non-Mormon officials who will do their best to swallow their whistles we have a punchers chance.

So, with decent officiating we have a "puncher's chance"?! Maybe if we were playing the Jazz. You consistently tie yourself in knots to denigrate UA, to the point of sheer idiocy. Give it a rest.
Oh look, Reyditutos clone crawled out of the sewer.

I have a better idea boy...why don't YOU give it a rest.

Sheesh, if you can't handle posters picking someone other than the home team to win you shouldn't be reading (or posting) on message boards.

Have an adult read my post to you, please. I didn't call you out for "picking someone other than the home team to win". What makes you consistently look the fool, even to an inconsistent, casual reader of this board, is your myopic negativity. I have read dozens of shamelessly stupid posts by you, but I think this "puncher's chance" bullcrap takes the prize. We are the better team. If we were down 3 starters we would have a puncher's chance. For you to characterize our chances to win the game that way further reveals your true agenda. My guess is that you are actually a peevish little imp fan...boy.
Myopic negativity?? imp fan????

hmmmmmmmmmm.....Sounds EXACTLY like Reydituto, the board intellectual!

Since you like multiple aliases I suggest a more fitting one for you.

Disambiguator doesn't cut it for you..how about MASTURBATOR!! :lol: :lol:

That fits you to a tee!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
catgrad97

Post by catgrad97 »

A "loser" who is also very much celebrating the win, including making a joke at your expense.

Sorry if your skin is too thin to handle it, Mr. Sensitive, but if you can't stand the heat, stop posting ridiculous predictions against the Cats with even more ridiculous reasons like "Vegas likes the home team."

Otherwise, expect to continue to be called out on your grade-A bullplop, especially if it's against the Cats, a team KenPom has right up there with Kentucky as the nation's best.
dmjcat

Post by dmjcat »

catgrad97 wrote:A "loser" who is also very much celebrating the win, including making a joke at your expense.

Sorry if your skin is too thin to handle it, Mr. Sensitive, but if you can't stand the heat, stop posting ridiculous predictions against the Cats with even more ridiculous reasons like "Vegas likes the home team."

Otherwise, expect to continue to be called out on your grade-A bullplop, especially if it's against the Cats, a team KenPom has right up there with Kentucky as the nation's best.
"Ridiculous reasons like "Vegas likes the home team."???

Suuurree, those guys in Vegas are idiots who never get anything right! :lol: :lol:

For your sake I hope you don't do too much betting on college basketball :lol: :lol: :lol:
Zero

Post by Zero »

That ref is gonna wake up with a horse head in his bed soon.
gumby

Post by gumby »

dmjcat wrote:
catgrad97 wrote:A "loser" who is also very much celebrating the win, including making a joke at your expense.

Suuurree, those guys in Vegas are idiots who never get anything right! :lol: :lol:

For your sake I hope you don't do too much betting on college basketball :lol: :lol: :lol:
You embarrassed yourself with "puncher's chance." Piling up emoticons after unfunny lines is like a laugh track. Forced.
Right where I want to be.
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

dmjcat wrote:

Vegas picks on the odds on trying to get a 50-50 split in bets, more so that than trying to predict an accurate score. KenPom is much more accurate in predicting scores, since he doesn't have a financial stake in the games like Vegas does.
dmjcat

Post by dmjcat »

Absolutely correct Merk, but the spread will reflect which team Vegas thinks is going to win. If Vegas has the Cats favored by 21 against Cal this thursday, its because they expect them to win.
EVCat

Post by EVCat »

catgrad97 wrote:It was a terrible call. The defender was never established and fell backwards, getting the call anyway.

Fraschilla had a good point about not punishing 7-footers for their size, but that was lost in his attempts to support the refs when they had lost all consistency and were allowing themselves to be flat worked by both sides.

Great gif btw.
His point was really good...when it was a 7 footer involved.

TJ lowered his shoulder on the play in question and bowled over the defender. They were both still moving but TJ initiated contact. If you see it different, you see it different. Fraschilla obviously agreed with the call on that play, thus the "Miller agrees with the call" comment. I thought it was pretty clear on the replay. But that highlights just how tough the charge/block call is if you think it was a block.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

dmjcat wrote:

Hilarious, just last Night on a game that was a vegas 1.5 you gave the dog only a "punchers chance" to win even though thr spread and the money line was almost a pick. Now you go all vegas is the bomb and knows all.

Like I have said, 0 for the season
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
psiclist23

Post by psiclist23 »

dmjcat wrote:Absolutely correct Merk, but the spread will reflect which team Vegas thinks is going to win. If Vegas has the Cats favored by 21 against Cal this thursday, its because they expect them to win.
Close, but not quite correct. The spread may reflect which team Vegas thinks is going to win, but if the Cats are favored by 21 against Cal, it's because of what they expect the betting to be. Subtle difference maybe.
Puerco

Post by Puerco »

dmjcat wrote:"Ridiculous reasons like "Vegas likes the home team."???

http://blog.teleosleaders.com/2013/04/1 ... elligence/
'A parent is the one person who is supposed to make their kid think they can do anything. Says they're beautiful even when they're ugly. Thinks they're smart even when they go to Arizona State.' -- Jack Donaghy
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

Ehhh, I'm not sure that is a charge or a blocking foul. Was a flop and shoulda been a no call, my opinion

That Miller GIF is hilarious. Missed that during the game.
Bangkok Wildcat

Court Storming

Post by Bangkok Wildcat »

Just finished watching the replay for he third time ;-).....a hell of a game. York was so clutch at the end on both sides of the ball!!!

Also, re: Court Storming....was amusing to watch the ESPN Sideline Announcer, towards the end of the game when UTAH was leading, talk about how the UTAH Admin had requested that the Student Body not storm the court. 'Act like we've been here before...' and don't storm the court......was nice to see that they had the discipline not to! ;-)
salim'sheadband

Post by salim'sheadband »

dmjcat wrote:Absolutely correct Merk, but the spread will reflect which team Vegas thinks is going to win. If Vegas has the Cats favored by 21 against Cal this thursday, its because they expect them to win.
This is not correct. If Vegas has the Cats favored by 21 it's because it believes it needs to set that spread for equal action on both sides. Vegas may very well believe another team will win, but point spreads are informed by what Vegas thinks the public thinks.
BigSkyCatinMT

Post by BigSkyCatinMT »

gumby wrote:PJC amd Ristic were coasting while injured.
You really need to give the kids a break...especially when they aren't healthy. Jeez!!
formerly, UA Direct, mtzwami, SnowCat, MontanaCat. should cover every forum I've been on in the last 19 years.
thenewazcats

Post by thenewazcats »

Alieberman wrote:Cats haven't played a tourney level game in a long, long time

I can't wait until sat.

We are going to see what this team is actually made of. If Zeus, Ashley, and York all contribute I like our chances
I haven't been truly excited for more than 4 games this season (Utah twice, Gonzaga and SDSU). It's a great thing March is here. I want to watch a game that has something on the line, and see a close game in which the Cats are actually playing well. It's great being a title favorite, but it negates the regular season, game-to-game entertainment value when you consistently blow out opponents. The Utah game was the best of the year.
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

What's Utah's big victory outside of a mid major?
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
LBdCactus

Post by LBdCactus »

EVCat wrote:
AZCatGirl wrote:Image

Thanks! This should live on. Best part was Fraschilla thinking that point to the ref and evil grin was Miller conceding it was a good call (in reality, it was a good call...TJ went in out of control and lowered a shoulder and flattened a Ute. But that is beside the point....)

I love how Rondae is walking by in earshot when the MF gets dropped...his eyes get big and he turns back to look at the situation like "oh shit...is he gonna get a T?"

I don't think that is what he is saying.

And it also looks like he might even be pointing at TJ.
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

That's exactly what he said, and he was pointing at the ref.
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
EVCat

Post by EVCat »

Yeah. My texts blew up the second after that with varieties of "did you see Miller 'motherfucker' the ref?" And yes, yes I did.

Asked a co-worker the next day, and before I could get past "after the charge on TJ, did you see..." and he ended the sentence "Miller call the ref a motherfucker? Yeah."

It was even clearer on a real TV...plus, TJ is well past him while his eyes stay trained to the official for the MF bomb
DWINS

Post by DWINS »

I agree with LBdCactus. It's not clear what he really said, and I've watched it a hundred times. Don't you think he would have been T'd up if he actually said that? People are sheep. Just because someone posts a video and claims that's what he said doesn't make it true.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

When he said it both my wife and I were laughing our asses off. He said, "fuck you .... you motherfucker." No doubt about it.

The ref probably didn't hear him. It was really loud in there and he was walking away when the MF got dropped.

Coach has a potty mouth. Not sure there is any doubt about that. Other coaches do too. Bob Huggins was screaming F-bombs directly into a ref's face last night and there was no technical called. Also I'm sure that after "he touched the ball" they are reluctant to T Sean up for things that are said in the heat of battle.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

"Yeah, that's good. Gold. Motherfuckerrrrrrr."

What isn't clear is whether he said that last part out loud or under his breath.
Last edited by Longhorned on Wed Mar 04, 2015 8:26 am, edited 2 times in total.
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

DWINS wrote:I agree with LBdCactus. It's not clear what he really said, and I've watched it a hundred times. Don't you think he would have been T'd up if he actually said that? People are sheep. Just because someone posts a video and claims that's what he said doesn't make it true.
Sheep? You are a bat, apparently.
Katzenfreund

Post by Katzenfreund »

Last edited by Katzenfreund on Thu May 07, 2015 1:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

Katzenfreund wrote:Tah fans still can't accept the defeat.
"Seven free points is not enough!!!! We want MOOOOOOAAARRRRR!!!!"
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

They can be all the butt hurt they want as far as I'm concerned.
pokinmik

Post by pokinmik »

If coaches got T'd up every time they cussed at or towards a ref there would be very few coaches left. It's part of the game and I love it.
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

I like that us "sheep" are convinced it was "motherfucker", which it was.

I have yet to hear from those disagreeing from that point of view, to what Miller exactly said. If it's not "motherfucker" (which it was), then what was he saying?
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Olsondogg wrote:I like that us "sheep" are convinced it was "motherfucker", which it was.

I have yet to hear from those disagreeing from that point of view, to what Miller exactly said. If it's not "motherfucker" (which it was), then what was he saying?
He was pointing at Stanley and said, "another chucker".

;)
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?