POY, COY, etc.

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

AZCatGirl

Re: POY, COY, etc.

Post by AZCatGirl »

All this Joe Young love is really ridiculous.
“The reality is that the hardest games to win are over teams on their home court. Teams that don’t play those games can spin it however they want, but what they’re saying is, ‘We don’t want to lose in our non conference season.’" - Sean Miller
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

Love NJ going off, just like any other fan.
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

AZCatGirl wrote: All this Joe Young love is really ridiculous.
You know, Delon didn't do that well against Arizona either from what I remember...and his team went from a potential tie for 1st, to 3rd in a week.

Fuel the fire.
I fly like a hawk, or better yet an eagle--a seagull. I sniff suckers out like a beagle...My ego is off and running and gone, Cause I'm about the best and if you diss than that's wrong
rgdeuce

Post by rgdeuce »

"I haven't seen Oregon play all year... 19 plus points per game? Impressive, lets throw him on third team."
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Apparently all that matters is scoring. CSM should have let Stanley shoot 30 times a game just to rack up the awards.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
AZCatGirl

Post by AZCatGirl »

Olsondogg wrote:
You know, Delon didn't do that well against Arizona either from what I remember...and his team went from a potential tie for 1st, to 3rd in a week.

Fuel the fire.
I wouldn't put him first team, but I don't have a problem with Wright being on there. It's just seeing all this Joe Young love while our guys keep getting snubbed pisses me off.

But you're right, it'll just make the upcoming beatdown this week even bloodier.
“The reality is that the hardest games to win are over teams on their home court. Teams that don’t play those games can spin it however they want, but what they’re saying is, ‘We don’t want to lose in our non conference season.’" - Sean Miller
legallykenny

Post by legallykenny »

Too bad the conference doesn't have a Referee of the Year award.
catgrad97

Post by catgrad97 »

Chicat wrote:
catgrad97 wrote:
Chicat wrote:
catgrad97 wrote:Josh Hawkinson should not even have sniffed a major conference award. Rondae posterized him in Pullman and it wasn't even one of his top five dunks.
I thought Hawkinson absolutely deserved his award. From nowhere to 10+ rebounds a game is definitely worthy of recognition.
You think it'll be a stepping stone to a bigger basketball career for Hawkinson, though? Me neither.

Kaleb Tarczewski deserved as much consideration, especially considering his draftability.

Kent had class things to say about Miller up there after the loss, but I have no doubt he's adding this award to HIS resume' as we speak--even though I don't think Kent had much to do with it.

Maybe that's nitpicking on my part, but considering how guard- and wing-heavy the lists were, it says something about the coaches that big men weren't in the running--for Hawkinson's and so many other honors.

Brandon Ashley "Honorable Mention"...what a crock.
Wait, we are talking about Hawkinson winning Most Improved, right? Not sure how Kaleb could win that one.
Yeah. Using the old NCAA "Last 10 games" standard, I would've given the award to Zeus. Wouldn't he have been eligible?
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

I just wanna say, you ask me to pick between Delon Wright and Stanley Johsnson, and it's not a hard decision.
Gilbertcat

Post by Gilbertcat »

legallykenny wrote:Too bad the conference doesn't have a Referee of the Year award.
Dave Hall right? If your average fouls per game is high then you have to be the best right?
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

catgrad97 wrote:Yeah. Using the old NCAA "Last 10 games" standard, I would've given the award to Zeus. Wouldn't he have been eligible?
Kaleb went from 9.9 ppg and 6.3 ppg last year to 9.4 and 5.2 this year.
Hawkinson went from 1.2 and 1.6 last year to 14.7 and 10.8 this year.

In Hawkinson's last 5 games he scored 21 twice and 17 once and he pulled down double digit rebounds in all but one of those games (he got 9 in the other one). Zeus didn't score 20 points all season long and only got double digit rebounds twice.

Hawkinson absolutely 100% deserved the MIP award. No doubt in my mind. In fact, I can't think of another player that I would even consider at #2.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

Olsondogg wrote:Love NJ going off, just like any other fan.
Miles is getting in on the action too on twitter, although in a more "impartial observer" sort of way than other alums.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Miles can't go too nuts due to this work affiliations.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Olsondogg wrote:I just wanna say, you ask me to pick between Delon Wright and Stanley Johsnson, and it's not a hard decision.
In fairness, Stan doesn't have to play against RHJ. Which would mean more if RHJ hadn't been hosed for DPOY...

**** it, let's just prove it in the big dance.
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

Spaceman Spiff wrote:
Olsondogg wrote:I just wanna say, you ask me to pick between Delon Wright and Stanley Johsnson, and it's not a hard decision.
In fairness, Stan doesn't have to play against RHJ. Which would mean more if RHJ hadn't been hosed for DPOY...

**** it, let's just prove it in the big dance.
In fairness he did play against the PAC defensive player of the year...
Puerco

Post by Puerco »

ASUHATER! wrote: We just have different definitions of the criteria of what awards for achievement mean. You're the give everyone a participation ribbon type, I'm more the reward performance beyond expectations and truly amazing achievements considering circumstances kind of guy.
ASUHATER!, you are obviously a very bright and intelligent young man as evidenced by your choice of an institution of higher learning, so you'll have to help me understand the above, because it appears to me - and I'm sure I'm mistaken - but it appears to me that you are claiming that Altman's ability to build a third place team which subsequently self destructs in the offseason and then manages to come in second place the following season is worthy of being rewarded for 'performance beyond expectations and truly amazing achievements considering circumstances', while Miller's ability to build a team which wins back-to-back conference championships during the same period is worthy only of a 'give everyone a participation ribbon type' of recognition.

I'm sure it's just my lack of reading comprehension at play here, but it really does seem like you have it backwards. But surely not. You're obviously much too intelligent to posit such a ridiculous concept. Apologies for misunderstanding your premise.
'A parent is the one person who is supposed to make their kid think they can do anything. Says they're beautiful even when they're ugly. Thinks they're smart even when they go to Arizona State.' -- Jack Donaghy
Katzenfreund

Post by Katzenfreund »

Last edited by Katzenfreund on Thu May 07, 2015 12:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Robbery? Usually Oregon basketball gets accused of worse, sometimes after prior incidents of similar character.

That's what blows me away about the Altman/Young wins. Besides whether they deserved it, the "hardship" Oregon basketball bounced back from was a bunch of their players getting kicked off the team for gang rape. That's apparently not frowned upon in this establishment...
Katzenfreund

Post by Katzenfreund »

Last edited by Katzenfreund on Thu May 07, 2015 12:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
legallykenny

Post by legallykenny »

Katzenfreund wrote:
legallykenny wrote:Too bad the conference doesn't have a Referee of the Year award.
It actually does. The Ed T. Rush Memorial Award presented by Oficina de Turismo de Cancún.

That is amazing - the tagline on the base is perfect. Who created it??
Katzenfreund

Post by Katzenfreund »

Bangkok Wildcat

Post by Bangkok Wildcat »

PieceOfMeat wrote:Well, since I'm late to the party, most of my initial thoughts/reactions have already been stated.
Chicat wrote:This conference is a joke. Fuck the coaches. Bunch of jealous motherfuckers who didn't like getting their asses handed to them by Arizona.
Yep
Chicat wrote:Sean Miller absolutely cares that his man TJ McConnell just got denied conference player of the year. You think he doesn't? Ha!
Correct
Chicat wrote:Let's not forget that last year Aaron Gordon didn't make the all-defensive team. So it's not like this kind of dumbfuckery is unprecedented.
Not unprecedented, but still putrid.
gumby wrote: Can't believe a guy who plays in a zone gets DPOY.
Possibly believable that an on-ball defender as good as Rondae doesn't win it, but unbelievable to lose it to a guy who plays zone.
Chicat wrote:The coaches in this conference are some jealous little bitches.
Yup
'ZONA97 wrote: RHJ got shafted as bad as TJ IMO.
I'd even say they gave the slightly bigger shaft to Rondae. Hmm, that sounds dirty, but you know what I mean. :lol:
Chicat wrote:
ZONACAT wrote: I guarantee you TJ cares, he knew exactly what was riding on this. Every player wants to have their name on a banner at a storied program.
Absolutely. And I KNOW Sean Miller cares about this snub. Losing to Delon would be one thing, but losing out to Joseph Young of all players is a slap in the face to everything that TJ McConnell and Sean Miller stand for on the basketball court.
With how much TJ cares about AZ basketball (hello, he even kissed the A on his last walk off the court!) one would have to believe he wanted to win this and get his name up in the ring of honor.

Such a joke that he didn't get it.
Just woke up to this abomination.......+1 to POM's comments, I agree completely. What a frickin' sad joke.....RHJ and TJ got royally screwed by these jealous Coach Bitches......Shows you how messed up their moral compasses are to take their failings out on young men like RHJ and TJ. PATHETIC.

BTFD and make them pay in Vegas!
KaibabKat

Post by KaibabKat »

Just another end of the season gang bang in Eugene.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Puerco wrote:
ASUHATER! wrote: We just have different definitions of the criteria of what awards for achievement mean. You're the give everyone a participation ribbon type, I'm more the reward performance beyond expectations and truly amazing achievements considering circumstances kind of guy.
ASUHATER!, you are obviously a very bright and intelligent young man as evidenced by your choice of an institution of higher learning, so you'll have to help me understand the above, because it appears to me - and I'm sure I'm mistaken - but it appears to me that you are claiming that Altman's ability to build a third place team which subsequently self destructs in the offseason and then manages to come in second place the following season is worthy of being rewarded for 'performance beyond expectations and truly amazing achievements considering circumstances', while Miller's ability to build a team which wins back-to-back conference championships during the same period is worthy only of a 'give everyone a participation ribbon type' of recognition.

I'm sure it's just my lack of reading comprehension at play here, but it really does seem like you have it backwards. But surely not. You're obviously much too intelligent to posit such a ridiculous concept. Apologies for misunderstanding your premise.
My pick for coy is Tinkle
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

Holy shit Katz, that is awesome!

Ser gut!
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

KaibabKat wrote:Just another end of the season gang bang in Eugene.
Choo choo!!!
Bangkok Wildcat

Post by Bangkok Wildcat »

LMAO Katz.....hilarious!
gumby

Post by gumby »

Katz and Kaibab, thanks for the laughs
Right where I want to be.
WildcatStunner

Post by WildcatStunner »

Katz has done it again!
thenewazcats

Post by thenewazcats »

Main Event wrote:
Wildcat for life, and a smart one at that.
AZCatGirl

Post by AZCatGirl »

Gotta love KP. :D
MrBug708

Post by MrBug708 »

Sike!
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

heh.

Love it. CATS rallying around CATS.

Meanwhile Kevin Love continues to look like the joke of a player we all thought he was.
michcat

Post by michcat »

Katzenfreund wrote:
It actually does. The Ed T. Rush Memorial Award presented by Oficina de Turismo de Cancún.

That's freakn great!!!!
Longhorned

Post by Longhorned »

Katzenfreund wrote:Thanks. That would be me - FCKPGU.
Ben fatto. Grazie!
PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

As usual, very well done Katz!
It's long past time to bring this back to the court, let's do it with a small update:

Bosy Billups

Post by Bosy Billups »

When you mess with the witch...

dirtbags

Post by dirtbags »

re: do our guys care? hard to tell, since CSM's been downplaying it in his pressers these past several weeks, but nonetheless our guys need to wear this snubbing like a badge of honor. i mean, if this is the opposition's one real chance in the season to chalk up a victory against Arizona and really piss off UofA fans, to impugn CSM's "process" and compensate for their own shortcomings on the court, then i'll gladly take it. thanks for the validation, othercoaches!
ASUCatFan

Post by ASUCatFan »

I would hate to be playing with anything other than "Arizona" on my chest in Vegas this week, especially if Rondae or TJ were guarding me.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Between hating on Larry Scott and wanting to show some retribution and disgust toward the other PAC teams, this should be a really fun week
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
salim'sheadband

Post by salim'sheadband »

Katzenfreund wrote:

This is absolutely incredible.
Katzenfreund

Post by Katzenfreund »

Last edited by Katzenfreund on Thu May 07, 2015 12:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Puerco

Post by Puerco »

ASUHATER! wrote:
Puerco wrote:

My pick for coy is Tinkle
Phew. I'm glad I misunderstood you, because the Altman pick would've been unrivalled stupidity. Wait. Tinkle? The guy who led his team to a losing record in conference?

Thanks for playing, Hater. You get a ribbon for your efforts.
'A parent is the one person who is supposed to make their kid think they can do anything. Says they're beautiful even when they're ugly. Thinks they're smart even when they go to Arizona State.' -- Jack Donaghy
WildHolcs

Post by WildHolcs »

Bunch of shit...but not surprised - so much envy from other teams/coaches/fans in this league. I think Miller could care less about getting snubbed for COY, but I can guarantee you he is p'ed off that TJ and rondae, and shit all the guys getting snubbed in one way or another...and vice-versa, I bet all the guys we're p'ed to see dirty altman win over their coach/best coach in the conference. Love NJ and KPs tweets. Time to bear down and beat the shit out of all these jealous/garbage teams in vegas. They should all be on UAs nuts for keeping their pitiful teams and this conference on the CBB map.
threenumberones

Post by threenumberones »

Katzenfreund wrote:Thanks. That would be me - FCKPGU.
Dude, that is funny as shit. :lol:
Katzenfreund

Post by Katzenfreund »

Last edited by Katzenfreund on Thu May 07, 2015 12:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Olsondogg

Post by Olsondogg »

So Altman and Romar voted for Miller maybe, and that's pretty much it.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

Bosy Billups wrote:When you mess with the witch...
...you get the broomstick.
'ZONA97

Post by 'ZONA97 »

"You have a great point guard in T.J. McConnell, led the team to a Pac-12 title. You have a good player in Delon Wright I thought I was No. 3 in the Pac-12 candidates," said Young. "I really want to commend TJ and all the effort he put in this year for his team to win the Pac-12 title. He does a tremendous job for his team. In the history of Arizona point guards, he's one of the best there. This award could have been for Delon Wright or TJ McConnell."
Classy move by Young. My beef was never with the kid, he can't help that he won the award. And he should enjoy it.
pokinmik

Post by pokinmik »

That is a nice quote.