Other than Arizona's game..

Moderators: UAdevil, JMarkJohns

azgreg

Other than Arizona's game..

Post by azgreg »

Which matchup or potential matchup are you most looking forward to?
dan

Re: Other than Arizona's game..

Post by dan »

Really interested in Utah/SFA - Utah has been average away from home, but I love Delon Wright. Going to be close.

Wichita/Indiana - WSU's kenpom rating puts them at a four or so, Indiana has worst at large KenPom. Marshall beating Crean and taking his job?

UVA/Belmont - UVA's pace is slow enough to negate talent differences. Belmont shoots well, could be exciting.
Spaceman Spiff

Post by Spaceman Spiff »

1. Duke losing.
2. Nova vs either LSU or NCSU is a good second rounder.
azcat49

Post by azcat49 »

Wichita St Kansas. Can't wait to see that one
Waiting at the Rose Bowl patiently for the cats to arrive
"I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more wildcat sports"
2019 BDW Survivor Pool Champion
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

azcat49 wrote:Wichita St Kansas. Can't wait to see that one
KU will find out who the best team in Kansas is.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
gumby

Post by gumby »

Agree.

Eastern Washington vs. G-town. Joshua Smith weighs more than Eastern's front court. But Venky is feisty and Tyler Harvey can shoot it!

Iowa State vs. Gonzaga. Should be a wild shootout.

Duke vs. Iowa State or Gonzaga. Same reason.

Nova vs. Virginia. Contrast.
Right where I want to be.
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

gumby wrote:
Agree.

Eastern Washington vs. G-town. Joshua Smith weighs more than Eastern's front court. But Venky is feisty and Tyler Harvey can shoot it!

Iowa State vs. Gonzaga. Should be a wild shootout.

Duke vs. Iowa State or Gonzaga. Same reason.

Nova vs. Virginia. Contrast.
Curious to see if Georgetown can end their early exit jinx.
splitsecond

Post by splitsecond »

Kansas has to get by NMSU first guys. Don't get your hopes up.
CalStateTempe

Post by CalStateTempe »

splitsecond wrote:Kansas has to get by NMSU first guys. Don't get your hopes up.
Do they still have the ginormous Turk?
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

CalStateTempe wrote:
splitsecond wrote:Kansas has to get by NMSU first guys. Don't get your hopes up.
Tanveer Bhullar, listed as 7'3" 335 lbs.
Chicat

Post by Chicat »

azgreg wrote:
CalStateTempe wrote:
I think CST was thinking of his brother, Sim Bhullar who left school early and is in the NBDL. He's 7 '5" and Indian by way of Canada.
Of the 12 coaches, Rush picked the one whose fans have the deepest passion, the longest memories, the greatest lung capacity and … did I mention deep passion?
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

Chicat wrote:
azgreg wrote:
CalStateTempe wrote:
I think CST was thinking of his brother, Sim Bhullar who left school early and is in the NBDL. He's 7 '5" and Indian by way of Canada.
So Tanveer is the runt. :lol:
thenewazcats

Post by thenewazcats »

Maybe UCLA doesn't deserve to be in the tournament, but I'm still looking forward to their game against SMU.
salim'sheadband

Post by salim'sheadband »

Bhullar (the other) doesn't play much but NMSU still has some size and Alexander's not playing. It's going to be interesting, I think, to say the least.
EVCat

Post by EVCat »

Eastern Washington vs G'Town. As a Big Sky fan, it was clear EWU was the best team in the conference. The Eagles got upset by NAU in Flagstaff, and that swung a close race at the top with a bunch of teams with very small loss totals that, due to unbalanced scheduling, did not get even shots at each other. Eastern was clearly the class of the Big Sky, and it shows in the seeding...early bracket projections had Montana as a 15 or 16 seed as a placeholder for the Big Sky entry as regular season champs, yet EWU gets properly seeded #13. EWU is dangerous like the old Harold "The Show" Arceneaux teams of Weber in the 90's. And Georgetown, familiar with Big Sky teams in the tourney, is just not impressive this year. I like Eastern to smack down the Hoyas. (Full disclosure - Eastern made me a shitload of money this weekend in Vegas. Their 11 point comeback in the last 6 minutes vs Montana at Montana made my trip to Vegas break even minus the hotel).

Maryland/Valpo is interesting to me. I think Valpo has a better than good shot to make some noise in this first round game

I think the #11 BSU/Dayton winner should be favored over #6 Providence.

Hoping Ole Miss comes out of BYU/Ole Miss and does us the favor of eliminating Baylor...
Lute4God

Post by Lute4God »

Is the 5/12 matchup even an upset anymore after the last few years of 12s dominating?
gumby

Post by gumby »

EWU would've run away with title, but had some injuries, including Harvey, the nation's leading scorer. He got no offers in high school. Didn't play AAU and weighed 150.

Best player they've had since Rodney Stuckey. Considering they had Vernon Adams at QB (and headed for Oregon), that's a couple of big-time performers at a small school.
Right where I want to be.
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Lute4God wrote:Is the 5/12 matchup even an upset anymore after the last few years of 12s dominating?
During the selection show they showed a graphic that the 5 seed is I think barely over .500 in that matchup.
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
etank34

Post by etank34 »

ASUHATER! wrote:
Lute4God wrote:Is the 5/12 matchup even an upset anymore after the last few years of 12s dominating?
During the selection show they showed a graphic that the 5 seed is I think barely over .500 in that matchup.
Over how long of a period of time?
ASUHATER!

Post by ASUHATER! »

Since there's been 5/12 games.
i was going to put the ua/asu records here...but i forgot what they were.

i'll just go with fuck asu.
PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

http://www.syracuse.com/axeman/index.ss ... seeds.html
No. 12 seeds have a 44-76 record against No. 5 seeds, a winning percentage of 36.7 percent, since the tournament expanded to 64 teams in 1985.
It's long past time to bring this back to the court, let's do it with a small update:

Puerco

Post by Puerco »

I'm kind of curious to see Maryland play UK if they make it that far, which is not a given. Melo Trimble seems like the kind of guy who could pull a Shabazz on occasion.

EDIT: But WSU-KU is tops on the list!
'A parent is the one person who is supposed to make their kid think they can do anything. Says they're beautiful even when they're ugly. Thinks they're smart even when they go to Arizona State.' -- Jack Donaghy
Bangkok Wildcat

Post by Bangkok Wildcat »

After initially pulling for Oregon to do well in the tourney, I now want them to flame out big time.....they are so butt hurt and rude on their boards.....keep disparaging the entire Arizona fanbase for some incident at a football game. No voice of moderation at all.

What a bunch of sore, pathetic losers....If we use their logic, I guess we should stereotype all their players as rapists and thugs? They are soooo lucky Young didn't get ejected from the game and miss the first round. Hope they fail miserably....
jsbowl16

Post by jsbowl16 »

I am hoping to see Louisville lose in the first round to UC Irvine. Irvine is pretty good defensively and Louisville isn't very good offensively. It would be great to see Pitino go home early since Louisville has been the second most overrated team this year behind Kansas.
PieceOfMeat

Post by PieceOfMeat »

Bangkok Wildcat wrote:After initially pulling for Oregon to do well in the tourney, I now want them to flame out big time.....they are so butt hurt and rude on their boards.....keep disparaging the entire Arizona fanbase for some incident at a football game. No voice of moderation at all.

What a bunch of sore, pathetic losers....If we use their logic, I guess we should stereotype all their players as rapists and thugs? They are soooo lucky Young didn't get ejected from the game and miss the first round. Hope they fail miserably....
Oregon isn't getting past wisconsin. the committee gave wisconsin an absolute gift with that matchup in the second round.
It's long past time to bring this back to the court, let's do it with a small update:

loomer

Post by loomer »

Isn't that EWU-Georgetown game also being played in Portland? Nice advantage for EWU if so.
1stNGrant Frys

Post by 1stNGrant Frys »

Chicat wrote:
azgreg wrote:
CalStateTempe wrote:
Aaron Gordon bouncing the ball off Sim's ass (and then immediately dunking on him) was a severely underrated highlight from last year.
catgrad97

Post by catgrad97 »

I like the VCU/Ohio State matchup.

The eternal full-court press of Shaka vs. Miller's old mentor seeded five seeds to low according to KenPom.

Hope they go OT and both wear themselves out for the Cats.
Katzenfreund

Post by Katzenfreund »

Last edited by Katzenfreund on Thu May 07, 2015 12:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
BigSkyCatinMT

Post by BigSkyCatinMT »

azgreg wrote:
Chicat wrote:
azgreg wrote:
CalStateTempe wrote:
So Tanveer is the runt. :lol:
Great post, Greg.
formerly, UA Direct, mtzwami, SnowCat, MontanaCat. should cover every forum I've been on in the last 19 years.
Bangkok Wildcat

Post by Bangkok Wildcat »

Katzenfreund wrote:
1stNGrant Frys wrote:Aaron Gordon bouncing the ball off Sim's ass (and then immediately dunking on him) was a severely underrated highlight from last year.

Nice Katz....of course Rondae' Monster Dunk over two players in that game, rightfully, took the glory for highlight of the game!
azgreg

Post by azgreg »

This Hampton/Manhatton game is kinda entertaining.
Lute4God

Post by Lute4God »

Wow this BYU game is really fast too!
Merkin

Post by Merkin »

azgreg wrote:This Hampton/Manhatton game is kinda entertaining.
Viral now.
Lute4God

Post by Lute4God »

BYU looking scary. 6 of 11 from 3, including off-balance and deep deep 3s. Fun game with OlMiss not playing bad at all. Hitting 3s too. Great fun!

edit: now 10 of 15 from three at the half and this game looks like its already over. Smokes BYU is a hot jump shooting team!

edit: wow is no one else watching this game? Completely changed after the half. Crazy. BYU cold shooting now outside but in double bonus attacking the rim.

What a game in the second half: 62 points and 60 percent shooting off steals, dunks and threes and Ole MIss takes it 94-90. I guess BYU wishes they could play some defense about now!
1stNGrant Frys

Post by 1stNGrant Frys »

Katzenfreund wrote:
1stNGrant Frys wrote:Aaron Gordon bouncing the ball off Sim's ass (and then immediately dunking on him) was a severely underrated highlight from last year.

ahhh yes thanks.. so satisfying. I hope NMSU fans can appreciate the humor